Inmate found dead at Sacramento main jail

Oct 25, 2008 Full story: Sacramento Bee Newspaper 39

A man accused in the shooting death of his wife was found dead in his cell Saturday at the Sacramento County main jail.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Tim

Camillus, NY

#23 Nov 12, 2008
I think it's safe to say that most of us don't feel sorry for this murdered murderer, but what if it was somebody's 19 year old son in jail for a miner drug possession charge? This case should really be about the California prison system. Why do you think it will be 6 months before they have the autopsy results? Because that is how long it will take for everybody to have all but forgotten about this incident. Then the prison guards' union and Diane Feinstein can put a positive spin on the whole thing and sweep it under the rug.

Even with this occurring just before the elections Prop 5 still didn't pass. You people suck!
tilli

Los Gatos, CA

#24 Nov 15, 2008
you are a sick person nothing else to do like you have not juiced the deceased i know who you are god will punish you someday for your responsibilities. all i can say you were a factor in their relationship .
United States

#25 Nov 18, 2008
What I don't understand is, if the deceased was infact murdered in prison, then the autopsy report will definately identify that, right? It's possible that maybe he was murdered in prison and they need to do their own investigation to get to the bottom of all of this before they can give you the results of the autopsy. I don't belive that the case will be spent under the rug if it is found that the deceased was in fact murdered.
SACTOWNSTRINA

Sacramento, CA

#26 Feb 22, 2009
WAT U ALL R SAYIN IZ BULLSHIT BECAUSE WE ARE HUMAN AND IT HAS NOTTIN TO DO WID KARMA U BOTH AND WHOEVER ELSE INVOLVED GOVERNMENT N ALL ACCOMPANIED N SIN WEN THEY TRIED TO PLAY GODS ROLE. ONLY GOD CAN JUDGE. SO IN THE END WHOEVER IZ RIGHT OR WRONG WILL GET THEIR ETERNAL FATE. IM ONLY 20 YEARS OLD AND HAVE MORE UNDERSTANDING OF LIFE THEN PEOPLE CHOOSE TO IGNORE.OPEN UR MIND EYES N EARS, TO SOME REAL ADVICE N WORDS.
SACTOWNSTRINA

Sacramento, CA

#27 Feb 22, 2009
WAT U ALL R SAYIN IZ BULLSHIT BECAUSE WE ARE HUMAN AND IT HAS NOTTIN TO DO WID KARMA U BOTH AND WHOEVER ELSE INVOLVED GOVERNMENT N ALL ACCOMPANIED N SIN WEN THEY TRIED TO PLAY GODS ROLE. ONLY GOD CAN JUDGE. SO IN THE END WHOEVER IZ RIGHT OR WRONG WILL GET THEIR ETERNAL FATE. IM ONLY 20 YEARS OLD AND HAVE MORE UNDERSTANDING OF LIFE THEN PEOPLE CHOOSE TO IGNORE.OPEN UR MIND EYES N EARS, TO SOME REAL ADVICE N WORDS.
United States

#28 Mar 30, 2009
I guess God already judged and provided the correct verdict.
United States

#29 Mar 30, 2009
A: Uday Kumar Singh, 48, was found dead in his cell at the Sacramento County Jail on Oct. 25, 2008 at around 3:30 a.m. by a deputy making his rounds on the fifth floor of the Main Jail, according to Bee reports.

After the deputy was unable to wake Singh by banging on his cell door, jail personnel entered the cell and were unable to revive him. He was pronounced dead about 20 minutes later.

Singh was later determined to have committed suicide by strangling himself with a bag, according to the Sacramento County Coroner's Office.

Singh was facing charges of murder and domestic violence in the death of his wife, Aruna Kumari Singh, 39.

She was found outside her apartment on Kings Way in Arden Arcade on Nov. 13, 2005 after being shot several times.

San Francisco police arrested Singh after the killing.

Singh had a history of spousal abuse and violence. In 2004, he was sentenced to 90 days in jail on three counts of spousal abuse and two counts of vandalism stemming from three separate incidents reaching back to Dec. 6, 2002.

- Stan Oklobdzija

Answered at 11:27 AM on February 24, 2009, by Sacramento Bee Staff
Gloria

Memphis, TN

#30 Sep 21, 2010
To Mr Asish, the woman he killed was also someones daughter, sister and mom. Even if he was killed in jail, he got what he deserved. The blame should go to his entire family and relatives as well, what kind of upbringing is that?? He also had several counts of spousal abuse, why wasn't his family there to put some sense in his head? Just one less bad blood roaming this earth!
Asish wrote:
This wasn't just a person who was just a murderer or something. This was also someones brother or son. This is what isn't told in this story. Uday Singh was murdered in jail & the authorities decided to keep it from us, his family. They said that they won't release the autopsy info until 6 months later. Why did we the family go bath his body & all we saw were broken bones & severe injuries. They beat him to death in jail. Why are the authorities hiding this from us?
Gloria

Memphis, TN

#31 Sep 21, 2010
Karma, Uday killed his wife because she left him due to several spousal abuse and so her and her kids could have a better home without domestic violence.

Apparently Uday's side of entire men think they can control their wife by beating them up. No use arguing with men from that side of family. They only think its injustice when one of their blood is the victim.

I'm proud of Aruna Kumari for standing up for herself and her kids and leaving the type of life she had with Uday Singh. Even if had to die doing it. What matters is that she stood up for herself.
nitasha singh

Richmond, CA

#32 Aug 22, 2013
Here I am, in summer school, reading this. Least to say, an updated death certificate has not been produced. Uday Singh took away parental support from his two teenagers, which also included him. Legislation here was definitely skewed. And i'm sorry, I almost laughed when I read that Uday comes from a respectful and hardworking family. My apologies, but his family intervened never at the sight of violence. I thought you all should know, if this is still being read, despite the struggles and the overwhelming lack of support, the kids are doing wonderful on there own.
nitasha singh

Richmond, CA

#33 Aug 22, 2013
My apologies again, their** predictive text difficulties
Rhobbin

San Francisco, CA

#34 Aug 22, 2013
Sad
JayC

Fresno, CA

#35 Aug 24, 2013
Great way to go Karma. Excellent in fact. One sided indeed are these so called family members. They want all to cave to them and F the Victim.
Now they will sue for money while "forgiving" him. Make an issue of him while leaving the dead wife in the dirt. If it was their kid or sister they would not be so loving. But the beloved killer is their family. Puke.
Kudos!
Civil

Memphis, TN

#36 Nov 13, 2013
member wrote:
he was a good person never had trouble with any one else always helping others and loved his wife and kids with all his heart but did not get it in return. i will pray for him its hard to find people like him people are misjudging . we want to know why the system failed he came from a very hard working and restpectful family
Why do something to end up in jail in the first place.
Civil

Memphis, TN

#37 Nov 13, 2013
Karma wrote:
To the family member who wrote the above post, did you feel the same way about Aruna Singh who was murdered by Uday Singh. Did you feel the same about her wounds when she got shot by him? Did you feel the same way about the times when she was beaten up by him?
Wasn't she someone's daughter, mother, sister, neice?
This is what I call hypocracy.
I believe that what goes around always comes around. You got pay for your sins right here right now.
Civil

Memphis, TN

#38 Nov 13, 2013
Asish wrote:
This wasn't just a person who was just a murderer or something. This was also someones brother or son. This is what isn't told in this story. Uday Singh was murdered in jail & the authorities decided to keep it from us, his family. They said that they won't release the autopsy info until 6 months later. Why did we the family go bath his body & all we saw were broken bones & severe injuries. They beat him to death in jail. Why are the authorities hiding this from us?
Civil

Memphis, TN

#39 Nov 13, 2013
asish wrote:
it's not a question of what he did. to me it's how the prison system let him get murdered while in custody. he wasn't found guilty. the bible says learn to forgive and forget. I guess u don't agree with that.
Civil

Memphis, TN

#40 Nov 13, 2013
Asish wrote:
<quoted text> Yes we could wait for the autopsy but why are they not telling us how he died. He was murdered while in police custody. My arguement is not what he did or was accussed of doing, but what was done to him in jail & by whom.
tarana

Hayward, CA

#41 Aug 18, 2014
Poor Aruna. No one deserves such evil. There are two sides two every story, but Uday did not come from a respectful family by no means. He needed anger management big time, violence did not solve his problem did it? He ruined 4 lives including his own. Selfish. In their on going abusive marriage, the family should have stepped in...did no one think about the kids here? So sad.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
LAPD to buy 7,000 body cameras 38 min barefoot2626 12
Third Bandido arrested in motorcycle bar shooting 11 hr Joe snuffy 2
Six Shootings in 12 Hours Leave One Dead, Many ... 12 hr Shawn45644 2
Murder trial gets underway in Blytheville 13 hr EEG 6
4 mothers share pain of losing sons 17 hr Calvin Ralls 7
Nas and Russell Simmons demand justice for... 20 hr crush white LIARS 5
Vigil for slain teen held in Paterson Wed candy 2
More from around the web