Inmate found dead at Sacramento main jail

Oct 25, 2008 Full story: Sacramento Bee Newspaper 39

A man accused in the shooting death of his wife was found dead in his cell Saturday at the Sacramento County main jail.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Asish

Tracy, CA

#1 Oct 29, 2008
This wasn't just a person who was just a murderer or something. This was also someones brother or son. This is what isn't told in this story. Uday Singh was murdered in jail & the authorities decided to keep it from us, his family. They said that they won't release the autopsy info until 6 months later. Why did we the family go bath his body & all we saw were broken bones & severe injuries. They beat him to death in jail. Why are the authorities hiding this from us?
United States

#2 Oct 30, 2008
To the family member who wrote the above post, did you feel the same way about Aruna Singh who was murdered by Uday Singh. Did you feel the same about her wounds when she got shot by him? Did you feel the same way about the times when she was beaten up by him?
Wasn't she someone's daughter, mother, sister, neice?
This is what I call hypocracy.
I believe that what goes around always comes around. You got pay for your sins right here right now.
United States

#3 Oct 30, 2008
Also the authorities have there own process on handling matters. If they said that the autopsy reports will be available after 6 months then so be it.

“Sailors Daughter”

Since: Nov 07

Sacramento

#4 Oct 30, 2008
Asish wrote:
This wasn't just a person who was just a murderer or something. This was also someones brother or son. This is what isn't told in this story. Uday Singh was murdered in jail & the authorities decided to keep it from us, his family. They said that they won't release the autopsy info until 6 months later. Why did we the family go bath his body & all we saw were broken bones & severe injuries. They beat him to death in jail. Why are the authorities hiding this from us?
The victim here was someones daughter....mabye even mother....Doesnt matter what the autopsy says....He chose his fate when he shot his wife!

“Sailors Daughter”

Since: Nov 07

Sacramento

#5 Oct 30, 2008
I didnt see your post Karma...before I flew off the handle...Well said!
asish

Capistrano Beach, CA

#6 Oct 30, 2008
it's not a question of what he did. to me it's how the prison system let him get murdered while in custody. he wasn't found guilty. the bible says learn to forgive and forget. I guess u don't agree with that.
asish

Capistrano Beach, CA

#7 Oct 30, 2008
jimmyzgrl wrote:
I didnt see your post Karma...before I flew off the handle...Well said!
he was getting justice. his case was pending. I guess justice doesn't mean much to u. I'm not agreeing with what he had done but I forgive him and justice is all I want, not revenge.
United States

#8 Oct 30, 2008
Really, if he had killed your daughter, mother, sister or any other close family, you would forgive and forget???

If suppose he was murdered in jail, are you willing to forgive the person(s) who murdered him and forget the whole thing?

I don't buy whatever you just dished out. You are willing to forgive and forget because this person is related to you. Your opinion would have been completely different if he wasn't related.

Let the autopy report come out before you start flying of the handle. There is a legal process that needs to be followed.

Asish

United States

#9 Oct 30, 2008
Karma wrote:
To the family member who wrote the above post, did you feel the same way about Aruna Singh who was murdered by Uday Singh. Did you feel the same about her wounds when she got shot by him? Did you feel the same way about the times when she was beaten up by him?
Wasn't she someone's daughter, mother, sister, neice?
This is what I call hypocracy.
I believe that what goes around always comes around. You got pay for your sins right here right now.
Yes I did feel her wound & I also felt his wounds because they were my aunt & uncle. I don't even think you knew them.
Asish

United States

#10 Oct 30, 2008
well they were both related to me. But it seems like only 1 was related to you that why you are one sided. Just because you forgive someone doesn't mean that you agreed with what he or she had done or said. It takes a bigger person to sorry but a even bigger person to forgive. If you forgive someone god will bless you first. Let me ask you this. If $200,000 of your money went missing. Your life savings. What would you do?
Asish

United States

#11 Oct 30, 2008
Karma wrote:
Really, if he had killed your daughter, mother, sister or any other close family, you would forgive and forget???
If suppose he was murdered in jail, are you willing to forgive the person(s) who murdered him and forget the whole thing?
I don't buy whatever you just dished out. You are willing to forgive and forget because this person is related to you. Your opinion would have been completely different if he wasn't related.
Let the autopy report come out before you start flying of the handle. There is a legal process that needs to be followed.
Yes we could wait for the autopsy but why are they not telling us how he died. He was murdered while in police custody. My arguement is not what he did or was accussed of doing, but what was done to him in jail & by whom.
United States

#12 Oct 31, 2008
Hey if I stole the $200K and someone stole it from me, I would know why it was taken away because I believe in karma. Also you mentioned that I was only related to one person. How can you assume that I am related to either one of them? If they were your uncle and aunt, then she was your aunt by marriage and he was blood related to you. Am I right?

If you want to know how he died, then wait for the autopsy. The legal process here demands that proper procedures be followed and information is not passed on hear say or speculation. When their investigation is over, they will release the information. Autopsies are conducted by a licensed person and through job is done. There are many instances when people die in police custody. Some commit suicide, some throw their weight around while in jail and get beat up by other inmates and some die of natural causes. Jailers are required to check up on inmates every hour. It's possible that they checked up on him at 2:30am and a few minutes later he died for whatever reason. Who do you blame? It appears that you are trying to make a case where you want to blame the jailers or pin someone for killing him and get something back in return. What did you and your family give back to the family of the deceased person's wife?
United States

#13 Oct 31, 2008
Ashish,

You said, "It takes a bigger person to sorry but a even bigger person to forgive. If you forgive someone god will bless you first."

If you find out that somebody killed your uncle in jail, would you be able to forgive that person and get the blessing of god? Would you go to the legal system and say I forgive this person and would like him to get the least punishment for what s(he) did?
United States

#14 Oct 31, 2008
Here is how I understand the reference you made to the $200k. He took $200K from his wife's family. Then $200K was taken away from him.

Life=$200K
$200K-$200K=0

What infuriates me is the fact that you want justice for him even though he took a life, most probably ruined his kids life, put his family to shame by his act. Show me any post that you had written when he killed his wife and you wanted just for her (your aunt). I want to see equality in your justice system.

Los Gatos, CA

#15 Nov 2, 2008
I agree with asish it is not a matter of right or wrong. What the real issue is the cops covering up the real story. What the police claimed when we got the news of his death is that he committed suicide. What were thinking is if he had killed his wife then why did he kill himself know why would he wait till now. It does not make any sense. If you had seen his body and the actual wounds why would the cops try to recisistate him its a whole bunch of b.s. Know that we know that he hasn't committed suicide and challenged the case the police are changing all the news stories, to say that he was "murdered"
What the cops are trying to do is cover up the story of a man who was on trial for a crime he was convicted for. If he was guilty why hasn't the judge sentenced him with a verdict. Hes been sitting there for 3 years with an unclosed case. im not saying hes innocent i am not saying hes guilty but its wrong for the legislative branch to lie to family members. To let a coldcase like his be covered up as his own doing.
"Karma" you do not even get the meaning of what ashish is trying to say so honestly just stop. Your making yourself sound stupid
United States

#16 Nov 3, 2008
It obvious from your statements that you are a family member of the deceased and therefore, you will agree with Ashish and your view will be biased.

Even if he had wounds on his body, before someone from the medical profession can pronounce a person dead, one must attempt resuscitation in the case of the cop. When they initially said that he may have committed suicide, that appears to be a comment made on speculation (based on the history that the jail has). At that time, an autopy was not done, am I right? So the person who actually told you that he committed suicide should not have done so. Whatever info you get regarding this should in fact come from the autopsy report. I don't believe that they could cover up anything as the autopsy report will reveal the truth.

Sometimes people stay in jail for a long time and are frustated after which they realize that their live is not worth living and they commit suicide. Other times, people who themselves are abusers, pick fights with other in jail and in turn get beat up. There are many possibilities of what might have happened. As for your comment "If he was guilty why hasn't the judge sentenced him with a verdict. Hes been sitting there for 3 years with an unclosed case.", don't you think you sound silly? Evidence points out that he killed his wife. He was awaiting trial to get sentenced right. It takes years before cases are closed because there are so many criminal cases out there. Cases of this sort can never be open and shut cases.

Los Gatos, CA

#17 Nov 4, 2008
he was a good person never had trouble with any one else always helping others and loved his wife and kids with all his heart but did not get it in return. i will pray for him its hard to find people like him people are misjudging . we want to know why the system failed he came from a very hard working and restpectful family

Los Gatos, CA

#18 Nov 4, 2008
our jail system is so corrupted as if we have not paid enough tax dollar. this could happen to anyone and truth is not told by police.
United States

#20 Nov 5, 2008
So basically what I am getting from this is that you want an answer from the police and now. My advise is just chill and wait till the autopsy report is out. The police can't give you any answers, only an autopsy and a thorough investigation will get you any solid answers.

You say he loved his wife and kids. Why did he kill his wife (just out of curiosity)?
United States

#22 Nov 12, 2008
How come Ashish and Member do not have anything to say now?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama's balancing act on race 5 hr A Fact 3
Thousands rally across US after Ferguson decision 6 hr Jfox772 2
Camera captured Cleveland police shooting of 12... 8 hr Lucas mccain 3
Locked And Loaded: Thank God These 'Good Guys' ... 10 hr Squach 96
Possible Mass Shooting Stopped by Armed Citizen? 12 hr Y QUE 16
Boy, 15, among four people wounded in shootings... 13 hr reality is a crutch 1
Rallies planned across US before Ferguson decision 13 hr taroB 2

Violent Crime People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE