Man pleads not guilty to road-rage mu...

Man pleads not guilty to road-rage murder

There are 19 comments on the KOB.com Eyewitness News 4 - New Mexico story from Apr 14, 2008, titled Man pleads not guilty to road-rage murder. In it, KOB.com Eyewitness News 4 - New Mexico reports that:

A man accused of shooting and killing a 20 year old in a case of what officials say was road rage entered a not guilty plea Monday morning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KOB.com Eyewitness News 4 - New Mexico.

cactus jim

United States

#1 Apr 14, 2008
albq.has become a place to go through instead of a place to go to.lived there in mid 1970s.it was a nice city.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#2 Apr 14, 2008
a gun verses a knife lets see who will win?? duh!!
CornDog

Albuquerque, NM

#3 Apr 14, 2008
Abq has become an extremely violent city. Were it not for a son and two grandchildren here, I'd leave in a heartbeat. Not just Abq but the entire state! I've lived here for the last 40 years and do NOT recommend Abq or NM in general to anybody I meet. The ignorance, stupidity, arrogance, buddy politics and violent people are increasing daily. There are also some really nice people here but the bad element are quickly overshadowing them.
Ivan Sanchez

AOL

#4 Apr 14, 2008
How in the world can Manuel Quinones call it self defense when Randy was in another vehicle threatening him with a machete? Itís just plain murder and nothing else! He needs to face the music!
libs stink

Albuquerque, NM

#5 Apr 14, 2008
gang on gang killing, i can live with that!
Charlie

Tuscumbia, AL

#6 Apr 14, 2008
Two less x x x x heads roaming the streets!
ABQ Skeptic

Las Cruces, NM

#7 Apr 14, 2008
Another gang banging waste of life will be going down at the state prison soon. I hope he gets the sentence he deserves. The gangs are out of control in this city. I agree with CornDog, if I could leave I would in a New York second. I would move to Sand Point, Idaho and live in peace and comfort.
GOOD GRIEF

AOL

#8 Apr 14, 2008
Quinones is a piece of work. When he killed Herrera he was scheduled to go on trial 04/21/2008 for drug trafficking, battery on a police officer & contributing to the delinquency of a minor. When he gets out of jail early for good behavior he'll be back to his criminal ways. Old Chinese proverb "You can shave the leopard but the spots grow back." This punk is only 19 years old!
Erica Herrera

United States

#9 Apr 14, 2008
Randy Herrera was my brother, he was never invovled in gangs. He was to become a father at the end of April 2008 he was a hard worker and a very kind helpful person. He was killed by a person who was very selfish and now needs to face the crime and punishment. According to all of the stories that have been told about 95% of them are untrue. The time will come and the truth will show its face and justice shall be served, I believe that in my heart.
Aequus

Albuquerque, NM

#10 Apr 15, 2008
Erica Herrera wrote:
Randy Herrera was my brother, he was never invovled in gangs. He was to become a father at the end of April 2008 he was a hard worker and a very kind helpful person. He was killed by a person who was very selfish and now needs to face the crime and punishment. According to all of the stories that have been told about 95% of them are untrue. The time will come and the truth will show its face and justice shall be served, I believe that in my heart.
My heart goes out to you and your family. I as well as others also hope justice will win out in this.
Aequus

Albuquerque, NM

#11 Apr 15, 2008
Ivan Sanchez wrote:
How in the world can Manuel Quinones call it self defense when Randy was in another vehicle threatening him with a machete? Itís just plain murder and nothing else! He needs to face the music!
I agree, if ths story is true that a machete was brandished, that's still not a threat to someone's life when they're in another car. This is murder and Manuel has nothing to stand on in his self defense plea.
CMR

Albuquerque, NM

#12 Apr 15, 2008
Charlie wrote:
Two less x x x x heads roaming the streets!
Keep talking out of your behind!!
Rose

Albuquerque, NM

#13 Apr 15, 2008
libs stink wrote:
gang on gang killing, i can live with that!
Don't comment on a story you know nothing about, especially the person that was murdered! Who said anything about gangs? These kind of comments are very unnecessary, you should educate yourself before you ASSUME anything about anyone! Manuel Quinones needs to pay for his actions regardless!
libs stink

Albuquerque, NM

#14 Apr 29, 2008
Rose wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't comment on a story you know nothing about, especially the person that was murdered! Who said anything about gangs? These kind of comments are very unnecessary, you should educate yourself before you ASSUME anything about anyone! Manuel Quinones needs to pay for his actions regardless!
don't stick up for gang bangers! they won't stick up for you silly girl! unless of course you are banging out a few of them.
peaches

Boca Raton, FL

#15 Dec 13, 2010
this is manuel's wife.. forget all u people get a life and if u knew the true story u would think different randy and his lil friends should not have done wat they did just one is not here so of course people talk and think mess.. randy's supposably witnesses but the people that were with him should get there stories straight ADMIT IT u helped him cause the problems don't act like it all happened infront of u when u were rite beside him that way we will all see and hear a FARE N SQUARE TRIAL....
angel

Albuquerque, NM

#16 Jan 5, 2011
in any case both of these men have families and people who care for them.The previous posts seem a little emotion fueled,lets start by saying that a machete is a deadly weapon and no one just shoots someone,unless tempers are flared.Aside from all of this, i have seen my husband cry for his brother everyday,as i know you do.Manuels child will grow without his father,as randys is.And yes they both have families that miss them, but the first step to healing is forgiveness.Nothing will bring randy back,but he is not forgotten.It is not fair to punish an innocent child to deny him of his father because of an adults stupidity, and two wrongs will not make it right.
just me

Albuquerque, NM

#17 Apr 14, 2011
today is the day this piece of work gets sentanced. lets hope he is put away for as long as he breaths. GOD BLESS THE HERERRA FAMILY
just me

Albuquerque, NM

#18 Apr 14, 2011
she did not stick up for gang bangers, she wants the drugie gang related piece of garbage put away. the victim in this crime was never related to gangs.
libs stink wrote:
<quoted text>
don't stick up for gang bangers! they won't stick up for you silly girl! unless of course you are banging out a few of them.
BOosIe

United States

#19 Mar 19, 2014
No body should say anything , if u weren't there! To Witness!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News If an assault weapons ban can't stop school sho... 18 min guest 855
News 2 in Gilbert shooting may have known each other (May '09) 2 hr Dated Chuck in HS 24
News Man Shot In The Face During Drive-By In Norwalk (Jan '07) 10 hr Knack from way back 8
News Former Gladewater Patrol Officer Indicted (May '07) 18 hr bigfoot 3
News Homicide rate in Knoxville, Knox County hits hi... Sat Yo Mayor Mad 8
News Manhunt is on (Aug '06) Fri Florence Shellington 10
News Teens charged with violent crimes also linked t... Fri Bluntruth 1