Judge, Lawyer In Shouting Match At Ox...

Judge, Lawyer In Shouting Match At Oxley Trial

There are 13 comments on the www.wwnytv.com story from Dec 13, 2010, titled Judge, Lawyer In Shouting Match At Oxley Trial. In it, www.wwnytv.com reports that:

St. Lawrence County judge Jerome Richards and Wayne Oxley's lawyer raised their voices in anger Monday, as the jury entered its sixth day of deliberations.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.wwnytv.com.

News update2650

Bradford, UK

#2 Dec 13, 2010
Monday: Judge, Lawyer In Shouting Match At Oxley Trial

Story Published: Dec 13, 2010 at 10:18 AM EST
Story Updated: Dec 13, 2010 at 11:12 AM EST

St. Lawrence County judge Jerome Richards and Wayne Oxley's lawyer raised their voices in anger Monday, as the jury entered its sixth day of deliberations.

The subject: comments Manning made to 7 News and the Watertown Times Friday.

After court officials reported jurors were scratching off lottery tickets and cell phones were heard ringing in the jury room, Manning questioned whether the staff should be monitoring the jury so closely.

This is the second trial for Oxley, who is accused of killing his neighbor, Bernard Trickey Jr.. His first conviction was overturned.

With the jury out of the courtroom, Manning and Richards locked horns Monday morning.

"I'm sick of it," Richards said to Manning. "You're dragging people through the gutter."

Manning said he had a first amendment right to question what the court staff is doing.

"It's wrong of you to make that accusation," Richards said. "Everybody who walks down that hall can clearly hear what's going on inside that room."

At one point, Richards said Manning was'lying,' to which Manning responded "I am not lying and I don't lie."

Later, Manning told 7 News "The court insulted me without cause."

"There was no cause to blow up at me," he said.

Manning said it will be "extremely difficult" for him to appear before Richards in other matters, after Richards called him a liar.

Eventually, the jury was brought into court and directed to continue its deliberations.

Jurors last week said they could not reach a verdict, but Richards directed them to keep trying.

http://www.wwnytv.com/news/local/Monday-Judge...
News update

Santiago, Chile

#3 Dec 13, 2010
Monday: Judge, Lawyer In Shouting Match At Oxley Trial
Story Updated: Dec 13, 2010 at 11:12 AM EST
The subject: comments Manning made to 7 News and the Watertown Times Friday.
After court officials reported jurors were scratching off lottery tickets and cell phones were heard ringing in the jury room, Manning questioned whether the staff should be monitoring the jury so closely.
This is the second trial for Oxley, who is accused of killing his neighbor, Bernard Trickey Jr.. His first conviction was overturned.
With the jury out of the courtroom, Manning and Richards locked horns Monday morning.
"I'm sick of it," Richards said to Manning. "You're dragging people through the gutter."
Manning said he had a first amendment right to question what the court staff is doing.
"It's wrong of you to make that accusation," Richards said. "Everybody who walks down that hall can clearly hear what's going on inside that room."
At one point, Richards said Manning was'lying,' to which Manning responded "I am not lying and I don't lie."
Later, Manning told 7 News "The court insulted me without cause."
"There was no cause to blow up at me," he said.
Manning said it will be "extremely difficult" for him to appear before Richards in other matters, after Richards called him a liar.
Eventually, the jury was brought into court and directed to continue its deliberations.
Jurors last week said they could not reach a verdict, but Richards directed them to keep trying.
Love with oxley

Long Lake, NY

#4 Dec 13, 2010
Brenda, why dont you go suck the mans d!k! What are you obessessed with him or something. Besides, aren't you suppose to be nursing on WanDUH's teet?
bugged out 2

Richmond, ME

#5 Dec 13, 2010
If everyone can hear what's going on in that room how does that help this trial? Judge Richards YOU ARE A JOKE! The jurrors are scratching off lotto tickets and are on there cell phones gee i wonder what there talking about and who are they talking to? Richards should have not been allowed to be the judge on this one! and if you want a better look into what happened that night ask JAIMIE NICHOLS she was there! She had no problem talking about it all And i can tell ya it wasnt OXLEY
Quid pro quo

Bradford, UK

#6 Dec 13, 2010
Love with oxley wrote:
Brenda, why dont you go suck the mans d!k! What are you obessessed with him or something. Besides, aren't you suppose to be nursing on WanDUH's teet?
Brenda is a NEWS EDITOR. If you look at the news archives she has posted MANY different news items over the last year. BTW, who is this disgusting family?

http://www.icrimewatch.net/offenderdetails.ph ...

http://www.icrimewatch.net/offenderdetails.ph ...

http://i52.tinypic.com/2yzklyt.jpg
Her man

Odessa, Ukraine

#8 Dec 13, 2010
As you can see, there are many on her side.
News update

Thailand

#10 Dec 14, 2010
Tuesday: Oxley Judge Apologizes

Story Updated: Dec 14, 2010 at 12:44 PM EST

The judge in the Wayne Oxley murder retrial apologized to Oxley's lawyer Tuesday morning, as the jury entered its seventh day of deliberations.

Oxley is standing trial for a second time in the murder of his Ogdensburg neighbor, Bernard Trickey Jr.

Jurors have been deliberating for more than a week, and have twice declared they won't be able to reach a verdict.

The strain is evident: Monday, Judge Jerome Richards lashed out at Oxley lawyer Rich Manning.

Manning had questioned why the judge's staff was closely monitoring the jury - staffers reported jurors were playing scratch off lottery tickets and had cel phones in the jury room.

That prompted Judge Richards to declare Monday that Manning was "dragging peple through the gutter," and was 'lying.'

Tuesday morning, Richards apologized at length to Manning, Oxley and to the public.

Richards said the strain of the trial was no excuse for his behavior, whih the judge said was 'embarassing.'

Richards apologized for "my uncalled for manner" and said "Despite my comments, I have the highest respect for Mr. Manning."

After that, the jury began hearing the testimony of two prosecution witnesses for a second time, as a court official 'read back' the testimony.

to much

AOL

#11 Dec 15, 2010
what a bunch of low down CROOKS up there
I do not believe

East Syracuse, NY

#12 Dec 18, 2010
I do not believe Richards has respect for Manning.His true colors came out to the public eye and he is just trying to cover his much hated ass
end this farce

AOL

#13 Dec 18, 2010
richards and duve have no business to be involved in this case. The first trial proved that - now the second. Whats going to happen when there is a
3RD?????????? what a joke - GIVE IT UP already.
2 cents

Waterloo, Canada

#14 Dec 18, 2010
You're right! Let a different judge and prosecutor handle the 3rd and final trial and put his dirty ass in jail once and for all. Then all of these whinney people won't be able to blame the outcome on Richards and Duve anymore. However I am sure they will find someone else on which to blame their issues...holding everyone else responsible for the murder except the murderer!
just me

East Syracuse, NY

#15 Dec 18, 2010
there is something about Wade Oxleys smug little smile i find unsettling
end this farce

AOL

#16 Dec 19, 2010
just me wrote:
there is something about Wade Oxleys smug little smile i find unsettling
its WAYNE A.H.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News How Obama addressed 'many sides' after Dallas p... 1 hr fingers mcgurke 59
News Onondaga DA among many named in civil rights su... 3 hr local yokel 107
News Fox Lake men say they were detained illegally d... 7 hr Irish Willie 1
News 4 people charged in drive-by 9 hr Judge Roy Bean 3
News West Plains student is charged with threatening... (Dec '12) Sun elf 52
News Police clear officer in shooting of teen (Nov '07) Sun Steven Deaks 65
News Police say Omak shooting shows gangs are gettin... (May '09) Aug 19 kosher nostra 23
More from around the web