Harmon-Wright Jury Recommends 3 years...

Harmon-Wright Jury Recommends 3 years, Formal Sentence in April

There are 58 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Jan 28, 2013, titled Harmon-Wright Jury Recommends 3 years, Formal Sentence in April. In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

A former Culpeper town police officer was in court again Friday morning for the sentencing phase of his case.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Beebee

Orange, VA

#41 Feb 2, 2013
Justice Down the Tubes wrote:
<quoted text>
Or rape his fat arse.
Wouldn't he have been in protective custody, kept away from the general population?
Sarg

Charlottesville, VA

#42 Feb 2, 2013
Maybe, like Dumler, he can serve his sentence on weekends.
Judy

Waynesboro, VA

#43 Feb 2, 2013
We need to start a group called , "Good people against BAD cops". Lets start one in the area. No one should be above the law.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#44 Feb 2, 2013
sez you wrote:
Bad enough men with badges and guns murder innocent people, this red neck gets a slap on the wrist.
the term red neck is offensive
cool

Bassett, VA

#45 Feb 2, 2013
Cops get a license to kill in central Va.
dweeb

Minneapolis, MN

#46 Feb 2, 2013
If one of the sentences is for involuntary manslaughter for shooting into an occupied vehicle, his sentence is likely to drop to two years, because he also has a conviction for voluntary manslaughter. As I understand it, there is only one person dead. Accordingly, one cannot be convicted of two homicide counts.

Something tells me Mr. Wright will widn up on disability for post traumatic stress syndrome as a result of this.

As always, I look forward to the brilliant comments from the grammar/spelling/proofreading police.
all bad

Charlottesville, VA

#47 Feb 2, 2013
Beebee wrote:
<quoted text>
This loser rogue cop gives all decent hardworking honest cops a bad name.So unfair. Would you condemn all teachers for instances of abuse or misconduct with students? All school bus drivers-like the one in Greene last year? All doctors for what the surgeon in Culpeper did?
I am appalled by this slap on the wrist sentence, but even more offensive is the fact that he gets to serve his sentence in local jail instead of prison.
The former chief who hired him against recommendations, and who allowed this guy's mama to stay in her job after she got into his personnel files and removed documents, shares some blame in this whole mess.
When you have a system where the "good" members cover for the bad and give them a slap on the wrist at best then all members of the system are corrupt and no better than the worst of their kind.
Judy

Waynesboro, VA

#48 Feb 2, 2013
randomthoughts wrote:
<quoted text>
Its time for mandatory min for violation of civil rights by sworn officers.I always wished the good cops woud weed out the few bad, they don't seem to do this as they should.
Time to put some bite into blatent contempt of cop attitudes in Virginia.
I was falsely convicted by lying police officers and sent to jail. It is time to weed out the bad for the good of justice. Police officers have too much power.
HUCK

Farmville, VA

#49 Feb 2, 2013
i agree with everyone who posted here!!
huck

Charlottesville, VA

#50 Feb 2, 2013
dweeb wrote:
If one of the sentences is for involuntary manslaughter for shooting into an occupied vehicle, his sentence is likely to drop to two years, because he also has a conviction for voluntary manslaughter. As I understand it, there is only one person dead. Accordingly, one cannot be convicted of two homicide counts.
Something tells me Mr. Wright will widn up on disability for post traumatic stress syndrome as a result of this.
As always, I look forward to the brilliant comments from the grammar/spelling/proofreading police.
wind
...you're welcome
Beebee

Orange, VA

#51 Feb 2, 2013
all bad wrote:
<quoted text>
When you have a system where the "good" members cover for the bad and give them a slap on the wrist at best then all members of the system are corrupt and no better than the worst of their kind.
Agreed. As in any profession, sometimes the SOME good ones cover up for the bad. But don't forget, it was the members of the JURY who gave this guy a slap on the wrist, not other cops.
And don't forget the Culpeper cops who participated in the interviewing, background checks, and screening part of the hiring process who did not think Harmon-Wright should even be hired. The former chief chose to ignore their recommendations and hired him anyway. They are not to be blamed for what he did
Saywhatnow

Charlottesville, VA

#52 Feb 2, 2013
I am offering prayers to everyone involved.
A Madisonian

Paducah, KY

#53 Feb 2, 2013
reality rob wrote:
<quoted text> the term red neck is offensive
if the shoe fits wear it!
Jerry

Earlysville, VA

#54 Feb 2, 2013
Wow you can serve more time for mistreating an animal. How sad!
Guardian

Palmyra, VA

#55 Feb 2, 2013
Beebee wrote:
<quoted text>
This loser rogue cop gives all decent hardworking honest cops a bad name.So unfair. Would you condemn all teachers for instances of abuse or misconduct with students? All school bus drivers-like the one in Greene last year? All doctors for what the surgeon in Culpeper did?
I am appalled by this slap on the wrist sentence, but even more offensive is the fact that he gets to serve his sentence in local jail instead of prison.
The former chief who hired him against recommendations, and who allowed this guy's mama to stay in her job after she got into his personnel files and removed documents, shares some blame in this whole mess.
Just like another post emphasized, there needs to be greater effort from rank and file law enforcement officers who know who these guys are, to take every step necessary to have then removed ASAP. The argument that they are all you may have for backup is not a good enough excuse, you are better off on your own, than to depend on those that create more chaos when they arrive on scene, than existed before they show up. There is a point that every citizen will come to, when they will lose respect for the badge itself the more it is allowed to be tarnished by those like this sorry excuse for an LEO.
randomthoughts

Atlanta, GA

#56 Feb 3, 2013
Guardian wrote:
<quoted text>
Just like another post emphasized, there needs to be greater effort from rank and file law enforcement officers who know who these guys are, to take every step necessary to have then removed ASAP. The argument that they are all you may have for backup is not a good enough excuse, you are better off on your own, than to depend on those that create more chaos when they arrive on scene, than existed before they show up. There is a point that every citizen will come to, when they will lose respect for the badge itself the more it is allowed to be tarnished by those like this sorry excuse for an LEO.
I so agree, Good cops outweight the bad by far. They know who the thugs and dirty ones are... the system protects itself well, but the blackeye ALL cops are taking of late is growing bigger by the day.

In this case , I don't think a single cop stood up for this trigger happy idiot , The jury let him walk basicly. But I do feel the Culpepper PD as a whole is doing a lot of ass...covering as a whole in the situation... because in the end the taxpayer will pay the bill.
Mr Law N Order

Schaumburg, IL

#57 Feb 4, 2013
The lie and murder was contradicted by eye witness and evidence. The cover up failed with the special jury, independent police investigation and special prosecutor.The federal Trial for civil rights will have a more careful chosen jury. The good news is he is off the street and his right to a gun is gone forever. The less the wrist slap the more the next jury will be outraged. The cover-up is always worse than the original crime. KARMA has a meaning and someday he will learn how it works. Justice will be served in the end.
randomthoughts

Atlanta, GA

#58 Feb 4, 2013
Mr Law N Order wrote:
The lie and murder was contradicted by eye witness and evidence. The cover up failed with the special jury, independent police investigation and special prosecutor.The federal Trial for civil rights will have a more careful chosen jury. The good news is he is off the street and his right to a gun is gone forever. The less the wrist slap the more the next jury will be outraged. The cover-up is always worse than the original crime. KARMA has a meaning and someday he will learn how it works. Justice will be served in the end.
I love your thought process over this .

My gut tell me this guy is dangerous and not safe on th streets, for all long time if EVER.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Grandfather says three teenage armed robbers 'd... 8 hr payme 54
News Standoff ends in Middletown, suspect in troopera 13 hr Joyous Carnac 1
Question for a Professional 13 hr Art Gal 3
News Man changes murder plea to guilty (Jan '08) Sat kristi 12 yr old ... 6
News Teen faces murder charge (Apr '06) Sat Gollywhopper 4
News Protesters Stage Sit-In after Officers Awarded ... Fri cbo 1
News Man guilty in fatal home invasion for K2 and money Fri silly rabbit 20
More from around the web