Man arrested in nightclub shooting de...

Man arrested in nightclub shooting death of teen

There are 17 comments on the KFOR story from Dec 9, 2009, titled Man arrested in nightclub shooting death of teen. In it, KFOR reports that:

Oklahoma City police have arrested a man in the weekend shooting death of a teenager in the parking lot of a southeast-side nightclub.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KFOR.

Sixpack Del City

Montgomery, AL

#1 Dec 9, 2009
What do you expect would happen at a bar called Ray Ray's boom boom?
Eboni Tucker

United States

#2 Dec 9, 2009
It's so sad things like this have to resolve in this way. I grew up with Edward, Shanika and the Smiley Family. He was a very great kid, yes he had his troubles but that's what kids go through. Killing him could of been the least thing that could of happened. Retaliation isn't any better in this case. We are all hurt, every time I see Eddie's pic I just think about all the good, bad, sad, happy, glad times we had growing up. He was like our little brother from another mother. He made you laugh rather you felt like it or not. He was only 18, he just entered the real world and some low life human being took it upon his self to handle whatever "problem" they had. God is on his job, I thought I was done crying but I'm not. We lost a son, nephew, cousin, brother, friend, buddy and all of the above. My prayers go out to the whole entire Smiley family.

R.I.P Edward Jamal Lewis
No Name

Oklahoma City, OK

#3 Dec 10, 2009
I grew up with the Smiley family an it saddens me to see a family like this go through so much pain who has so much love in the world for one another as well as others. Like the other person said Eddie had his troubles days but he was still a good kid in didnt deserve to get his life taken away from him the way he did.I dont get whats wrong with our black youth today. I dont understand why they would want to kill one another instead of helping each other out to become better young man.When will the black on black violence ever stop? I just hope justice gets serve the way its suppose to an that we can all heal from this so sudden tragedy.My prayers are with the Smiley family.
Jane

Castle Rock, CO

#4 Dec 10, 2009
Sixpack Del City wrote:
It's a neighborhood type bar. What does the name of the place have to do with anything? Do you also judge people based on their names? That's a ridiculous comment!
Drew

Baltimore, MD

#5 Dec 10, 2009
Sixpack Del City wrote:
Sixpack, that's really heartless of you to make a comment like that when someone has just lost their child.
My prayers go out to the family & friends of this young man.
Sixpack Del City

Montgomery, AL

#6 Dec 10, 2009
Jane wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a neighborhood type bar. What does the name of the place have to do with anything? Do you also judge people based on their names? That's a ridiculous comment!
Funny you should ask. Yes, I do. I'm pretty sure if I went to a place called Ray Rays Boom Boom Room I would be shot before I got in.
mike smiley

United States

#7 Dec 10, 2009
@sixpack find you something better 2 do is all im going to say!
ASHONI THOMPSON

Oklahoma City, OK

#8 Dec 10, 2009
@SIXPACK U KNOW IT'S PPL LIKE U THAT MAKE DIS WORLD SO HATEFUL, BUT U KNOW WAT GOD DOESN'T LIKE UGLY AND U'LL SEE THAT BE A PERSON AND IF U DON'T HAVE KIND WORDS FOR THE FAMILY LEAVE IT ALONE...THE NEXT TIME ONE OF UR LOVED ONES PASSES AWAY IMAGINE PPL SAYIN BULL LIKE THIS TO U....TO THE FAMILY U CAN'T HEAL EVERYONE SORRY U HAVE TO READ STUPID REMARKS FROM STUPID PPL...I SEND MY LOVE I DIDN'T HAND WIT HIM BUT I SAW HIM AROUND SAD THAT HE'S SO YOUNG WE ARE LOOSING MORE AND MORE OF OUR YOUTH....MAN I JUS DON'T KNOW WAT TO SAY......KEEP YA HEAD UP HE'S IN A BETTER PLACE
Crystal

El Reno, OK

#9 Dec 10, 2009
First of all my prayers go out to this young mans family and friends. I know the loss they are going through first hand. Second Sixpack what type of person can set there and say, "What do you expect would happen at a bar called Ray Ray's boom boom?". I don't care what a place is called it does not justify the murder of a 18 year old man.
Zero Tolerance

Norman, OK

#10 Dec 10, 2009
@sixpack Did you forget that people died at a place called the World Trade Center? Or how about the Murrah federal building. Better yet, the doctor in Nichols Hills who sacrificed his son with his own hands a few weeks back. Names of locations don't matter, but the ignorance and hate in people like yourself is what causes so much tragedy.
May this young man's soul live on with God in an eternal resting place. I am also praying for you, sixpack, that the Lord will soften your heart and bring you a revelation.
Charlotte

Oklahoma City, OK

#11 Dec 10, 2009
Amen Zero Tolerance!!
Mother of Edward Lewis

United States

#12 Dec 12, 2009
I just want to say thank you all for your words of encouragement......ZERO TOLERANCE....WELL SAID AND THANK YOU.....@sixpack I don't care were my son was he didn't deserve to be killed....I pray that God touches your heart and remember it could of been you....I know God dosen't make any mistakes and my son is now in a better place....Once again thank you all for your kind words....FUNERAL SERVICES FOR EDWARD WILL BE ON TUESDAY DECEMBER 15 AT DIVINE WISDOM AT 8320 NE 10TH IN MWC...PLEASE COME OUT AND SHOW YOUR LOVE AND SUPPORT...
VONDA ROBINS

United States

#13 Dec 12, 2009
Sixpack Del City wrote:
i think that it is not the name of the club that make's it bad i think it's the people i have been to the boom boom room as some people would call it . It is sad that that did happen to the young man man but a we the world should have learned dont juge a book by it's coverto the young man side my heart go's out to you all much love ......
A- Golden

Oklahoma City, OK

#14 Dec 14, 2009
Nathaniel Vaughn is a hater..... i hope he gets life and made to suffer for his emotional outburst. Emotions will get people caught up if they don't get a hold on em. He's a hater!
Concerned Mother

Oklahoma City, OK

#15 Dec 16, 2009
To this family, my heart and prayers go out to you. The devil is truly busy trying his best to take all our black kids. He is a lie in Jesus' name, I cannot say I know how you (Edward's Mother)are feeling right now. I do know one thing God is still in control and you know you will see your baby again in HEAVEN. I too have a son that is at the same age, I pray whenever he goes to outings, its not trouble inside it is always outside somebody wants to show out and start shooting not caring who the bullet hits. Then someone is dies and the other is in the prison system for life..There has to be something better for our young men and women to get involved in. I told my son it is not normal to see your friends dying every weekend.... if you Pray why Worry and if you Worry why Pray.
Sky

United States

#16 Dec 17, 2009
Rest In Peace.....u will always be missed
Diamond

Oklahoma City, OK

#17 Apr 29, 2014
I love you baby and you remain in my heart and every day life. I enjoyed all our precious memories. For every breath you take urs will be mine. savage & diamond forever!!!!! Miss my LBS's! 132% always & 4ever....
You'll always be my baby, I promised you!
Gone not forgotten. Ill look in the sky like u told me 2 ! I missssss yyyyoooouuuu!!!!!!
Diamond n the ruff.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pickaway County man arrested in teena s fatal s... 2 hr seems hypocritical 3
News Onondaga DA among many named in civil rights su... 17 hr local yokel 65
News Jeronimo Yanez, Minnesota officer in Philando C... 20 hr slick willie expl... 37
News Fayette County Triple Murder Trial Picks Back Up (Apr '08) Tue AWG 18
News Prosecutor: Robbing a biker of his vest sparked... Tue Victor Hugo 34
News Not guilty pleas filed in Elmont double-murder ... (Apr '07) Tue Sidney Newman Jr 127
News Suspect in deadly attempted bank robbery in Cai... Jun 19 BB Board 1
More from around the web