Sony Millbrook; Lakeith Moody; murder; Budget Lodge; bed;

Full story: WREG 59
Kelly Hessedal 10:25 PM CDT, March 17, 2010 FAST FACTS: Body of Sony Millbrook discovered underneath motel bed Police name boyfriend LaKeith Moody a person of interest Police say couple had a rocky relationship New information tonight in what Memphis Police say is one of the most bizarre murder cases they've ever seen. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
brittany

Grand Rivers, KY

#43 Mar 18, 2010
Truthfully I think they need to tear down the old dilapitated rent-by-the-hour motels and be rid of them. They are nothing but havens for criminal activities. They are unsafe and teeming with prostitution and drugs and robberies. Also in the news this week was a rental motel that exploded because some kid was in the bathtub cooking meth. Unacceptable and we don't need it in this city.
weary warrior

United States

#44 Mar 18, 2010
Molly wrote:
I would have found her sooner if I had stayed there.
I ALWAYS check under the bed and under the main mattress for bed bugs
*sigh*
Okay..let me try and create a visual once again. The bed was the kind that has a base under the box springs and mattress. It was obviously a solid base that one would have to be creative at getting open much less shoving a body inside.
It wasnt a typical bed, otherwise-yeah-the police would be absolute idiots.
But they did not know she was dead until she was in full decomp.
Weird Warrior

Coudersport, PA

#45 Mar 18, 2010
weary warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are saying the first place to look is within a sealed bed frame? Oh yeah, and IM the retarded one.
Not the first place to look, but they didn't look at all. Like it was said earlier, if they were serving a warrant they would have checked the closet, attic and under the bed. Don't be such a cry baby. You have prooven yourself........ignorant.
Johnny

United States

#46 Mar 18, 2010
weary warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
*sigh*
Okay..let me try and create a visual once again. The bed was the kind that has a base under the box springs and mattress. It was obviously a solid base that one would have to be creative at getting open much less shoving a body inside.
It wasnt a typical bed, otherwise-yeah-the police would be absolute idiots.
But they did not know she was dead until she was in full decomp.
The man that put her under that solid base must be a genius. Maybe he should be a cop.
BubbleHead

Huntsville, AL

#47 Mar 18, 2010
Hm...creepy must, a ghost watching you have sex.
weary warrior

United States

#48 Mar 19, 2010
Weird Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
Not the first place to look, but they didn't look at all. Like it was said earlier, if they were serving a warrant they would have checked the closet, attic and under the bed. Don't be such a cry baby. You have prooven yourself........ignorant.
I have prooven myself ignorant? Perhaps you should look up the definition of that word. I am okay with you having a different opinion -that's what makes the world interesting. But to spew such hatred and venom towards me actually shows YOU to be ignorant. I am on here expressing opinions-while you, on the other hand-are on here generating hatred and anger. Weird warrior is ringing true-because you are a total freak weirdo. Go harass someone else before I flag and report you and the feds track down your psychotic ass.
weary warrior

United States

#49 Mar 19, 2010
Where is White Trash wrote:
<quoted text>
You have your conclusions and everyone else in the world has theirs. Did you consider that before your stereotypical response. They didn't have to know she was dead, stupid. They knew she was missing. I hope you don't address any of her family with that nonsense. If you were to put on their shoes, you would think and feel different. You may be weary, but you're certainly no warrior.
DUH!
why are yuo so obsessed with me? I know its you-( kennet mo-DUH ) why dont you leave me alone freak?
weary warrior

United States

#50 Mar 19, 2010
Sick of this wrote:
<quoted text> I would say that the cops are not giving the media the whole story in this situation, because it could hinder their investigation. For instance, they need to know that a possible informer is truthful with their information, or that they have the right killer, because they would have intimate details of the crime that only the killer or the cops know.
Good point. They have written several articles about it and made statements about the kind of bed but have not released a whole lot of information so we are left to draw conclusions.
friend of victim

Memphis, TN

#51 Mar 19, 2010
Media can stir people up....but....they did not search as they should I FEEL....why not look under the bed for possible evidence....why not wait until the room was completely searched until renting it once more....I am cofused....it is a possiblity that the room was empty and he could have snuck the body in room throughout the search after killing her....the five people that rented the place can be interviewed to make sure it was not the boyfriend.....I just feel as if there are many unanswered questions.....if they had checked under the bed altogether we would have known if the body had been there all alone or not.....I hate this has happened because those kids were her backbone...they were very close to their mother...I feel so hurt that she is gone at such a young age and the reason hurts worser....I just don't understand why people can't just walk away....people need to learn about the Lord maybe the world would be more caring and at ease....God Bless us all.....Pray for the Milbrook Family epecially the children...Lets not forget about others who are killed for dumb reasons and those families of Haiti.....Pray that yourself would be a better person....treat others as you would like to be treated.....Its time to wake up world and be more than just a friend, but a leader, a teacher, a person who helped change this world in a positive way......God Bless You
Chris

Memphis, TN

#52 Mar 21, 2010
I was there when he beat Ray with that board in Carriage House. Man, I hope that man didn't do that but deep down i know he did. Sony was my friend and neighbor and she or the kids didn't deserve that. I pray for her family and I hope justice is swift and accurate.
Memphis Citizen

Memphis, TN

#53 Mar 21, 2010
iamright2009 wrote:
This is some more of that black on black crime in Memphis. This is also another poor job by MPD. When will they call for Godwin's job.
"I'm in your face, with my finger on your nose" (SPIT)
Memphis Grandma

United States

#54 Mar 22, 2010
iamright2009 wrote:
This is some more of that black on black crime in Memphis. This is also another poor job by MPD. When will they call for Godwin's job.
You should change your name to "iamsilly2009" since you are so concern about black on black crime would you feel better if it were black on white or white on black crime?
unidentified

Bellevue, WA

#55 Apr 15, 2010
I know that lakeith moody killed her. she was my friend i know personally from sony how crazy and evil he is. im sure,his family knows it too, because he was violent to his own mom. its easy to say she should have left him,but everybody mind is not as strong as others.he beat and hurt my friend, and she was sweet to everyone.he belittled her so that she would have low self esteem,but thats okay if the mpd dont convict him the lord will!I love and miss u sony
theothababymama

United States

#56 Apr 18, 2011
my son is lakeith's but im stayin away from his stupid a** he is known to beat woman thank god he didnt get the chance to get me in neither of those ways n for ms.hesick she aint never lied!
Only if you knew

Memphis, TN

#57 Sep 18, 2012
This dumb a** dude is getting everything he deserve & I'm talking about Lakeith Marquette Moody. I have had a personal experience with him & the State of Tennessee need givr his a** the ELECTRIC CHAIR so that he can suffer like Sonny did. Not even a animal needed to experience that kind of suffering. I hope his SOUL BURNS & DECADE WITH MAGGOTS COMING OUT EVERY HOLE IN HIS BODY!!!!! I know it's harsh but with the personal experience I've had with him i hope those guys in jail rap him til he has no feeling in his rear end!!!!!!!
Church Girl

Cordova, TN

#58 Mar 24, 2013
I knew Sony as a co-worker and I have witnessed the bruises and heard about his past of choking her until she would pass out. I thought she was such a humble person and very sweet to everyone. She was very honest and goofy. I miss her sense of humor. I remember dropping her and the kids off a few times because her car was down and how we just tripped off all of the things that happened at work. I hate that domestic violence even exist. It is crazy to know someone who was here a year ago and find out that someone killed them and it wasn't natural. I don't hate the boyfriend, but I do hate that the evil spirit took over his soul and made him a mad man with no conscious. I miss you Sony Millbrook. I pray that your kids stay safe and never ends up in a situation where they have to fight for love. May you rest in peace.
Kenya

Memphis, TN

#59 Jan 16, 2014
I am her oldest daughter thanks for all the prayer & positive comments!!!
your not lieing

United States

#60 Feb 5, 2014
your not lieing
your not lieing

United States

#61 Feb 5, 2014
Love u all . thank

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Police release video of Mo. officer shooting of... 1 hr Married With Chil... 2
More protests sparked after shooting near Ferguson 1 hr Married With Chil... 1
Political figures clash after slaying of NYPD o... 5 hr Larry 67
Garvin Guilty Of Triple Murder (Jan '11) 15 hr jessica Mollett 25
Man found guilty in East Side murder case | The... (May '11) 17 hr White cop 28
Santa Ana jury convicts two men of gang-related... (Jul '07) 20 hr XV11st Los Road K... 1,134
Pembroke man charged in triple homicide Wed The Truth 3
More from around the web