Sony Millbrook; Lakeith Moody; murder...

Sony Millbrook; Lakeith Moody; murder; Budget Lodge; bed;

There are 59 comments on the WREG story from Mar 17, 2010, titled Sony Millbrook; Lakeith Moody; murder; Budget Lodge; bed;. In it, WREG reports that:

Kelly Hessedal 10:25 PM CDT, March 17, 2010 FAST FACTS: Body of Sony Millbrook discovered underneath motel bed Police name boyfriend LaKeith Moody a person of interest Police say couple had a rocky relationship New information tonight in what Memphis Police say is one of the most bizarre murder cases they've ever seen.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WREG.

mzmemphis09

United States

#21 Mar 18, 2010
I just can believe dat kno who care @look under da bed for this woman. WHAT ABOUT HER KIDS!!!!!
weary warrior

Pasadena, CA

#22 Mar 18, 2010
iamright2009 wrote:
This is some more of that black on black crime in Memphis. This is also another poor job by MPD. When will they call for Godwin's job.
..and when will you grow a brain cell?

Palestine, TX

#23 Mar 18, 2010
If the police were seving a search or an arrest warrant, they definetly would have looked under the bed. Not being perfect is one thing and understandable, but being incompetent is something else. Even a fool could get someone to vote for him, doesn't mean they are qualified for the job. These officers pass written and physical test, but aren't mentally qualified for the job. Would have to question the mental state and judgement of the ones hiring these people at such a fast rate.
They apparently have no better judgement than the average Joe.
omg

Memphis, TN

#24 Mar 18, 2010
weary warrior wrote:
When will people reaize that the media is controlling us all like puppets? First of all the way they are wording it...as if the police somehow did a bad job by not finding the body upon initial search in the room...she was stuffed in a bed frame that is a suppot to hold the box spring and mattresses up-a metal and enclosed tomb that would hardly be noticeable. Why would they tear apart the entire bed structure on a routine search? Only an ignorant person who say they somehow dropped the ball or did a poor job. And the motel staff not finding the body as well...let me draw a picture for all you morons out there...the staff, like the police, have no reason to look in the metal base structure of a bed-why would they? Only after the decomposition reached the stage where they could pin point the odor was the body found-evidently the structure of the bed base was solid not porous.
The media loves stirring people up-thats news, people. They play upon people's willingness to believe and be led by their words/accusations, and like mice we follow the pied piper.
Wake up and use your brain people.
that is so true
Right Call

Valley City, OH

#25 Mar 18, 2010
It couldnt be her boyfriend,. He looks like such a friendly, happy go lucky fella. Dont cha think?
weary warrior

Pasadena, CA

#27 Mar 18, 2010
mzmemphis09 wrote:
I just can believe dat kno who care @look under da bed for this woman. WHAT ABOUT HER KIDS!!!!!
Yeah....uh...what are you saying? I did not understand anything you wrote except what about her kids...
weary warrior

Pasadena, CA

#28 Mar 18, 2010
Guest wrote:
If the police were seving a search or an arrest warrant, they definetly would have looked under the bed. Not being perfect is one thing and understandable, but being incompetent is something else. Even a fool could get someone to vote for him, doesn't mean they are qualified for the job. These officers pass written and physical test, but aren't mentally qualified for the job. Would have to question the mental state and judgement of the ones hiring these people at such a fast rate.
They apparently have no better judgement than the average Joe.
Hello? Have you even read any of the other comments before posting this brilliant response? The intellect of the officers is not whats at question here-Captain Obvious. The issue is whether or not they followed proper inspection procedures.
It is my conclusion that they did, because, according to previous articles- the bed frame and base are solid and attached to the box springs and mattress-therefore there would be no reason for them to tear apart motel property because they did not know she was dead at the time.
( Duh.)
Sick of this

United States

#29 Mar 18, 2010
iamright2009 wrote:
This is some more of that black on black crime in Memphis. This is also another poor job by MPD. When will they call for Godwin's job.
When I first heard about this woman's disappearance I figured that this guy had killed her. This is a terrible crime and if convicted they should put him up under the jail. Yes, MPD did a terrible job in this case. I do know that the alleged killer and the victim in this case are both black, but I would categorize this as more of gender on gender crime or violence against women. White men kill women too, and sometimes women kill men. Yes, there's black on black crime, but there's also white on white crime.
Sick of this

United States

#30 Mar 18, 2010
Cleo wrote:
Lakeith...that cracks me up. It should have just been common sense to avoid a person named Lakeith. Very funny. Lathug. Lakilla.
Cleo sounds funny to me. It makes one think of a fat old white woman or a fat old black woman.
Tammy

United States

#31 Mar 18, 2010
Rodney wrote:
I guess lumpy mattresses must be the norm at the Budget Lodge. I wonder if the hotel is going to go back retroactively and charge the five people for having an extra guest in their room??? or if they're going to charge the family for the unpaid hotel stay???
I am wondering if the people that stayed there while she was still in there, is going to sure the Motel???
Sick of this

United States

#32 Mar 18, 2010
weary warrior wrote:
When will people reaize that the media is controlling us all like puppets? First of all the way they are wording it...as if the police somehow did a bad job by not finding the body upon initial search in the room...she was stuffed in a bed frame that is a suppot to hold the box spring and mattresses up-a metal and enclosed tomb that would hardly be noticeable. Why would they tear apart the entire bed structure on a routine search? Only an ignorant person who say they somehow dropped the ball or did a poor job. And the motel staff not finding the body as well...let me draw a picture for all you morons out there...the staff, like the police, have no reason to look in the metal base structure of a bed-why would they? Only after the decomposition reached the stage where they could pin point the odor was the body found-evidently the structure of the bed base was solid not porous.
The media loves stirring people up-thats news, people. They play upon people's willingness to believe and be led by their words/accusations, and like mice we follow the pied piper.
Wake up and use your brain people.
I would say that the cops are not giving the media the whole story in this situation, because it could hinder their investigation. For instance, they need to know that a possible informer is truthful with their information, or that they have the right killer, because they would have intimate details of the crime that only the killer or the cops know.
FEDUP

Memphis, TN

#33 Mar 18, 2010
You need to read the articles again. The police never entered the room much less searched it. Very poor police work.
weary warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello? Have you even read any of the other comments before posting this brilliant response? The intellect of the officers is not whats at question here-Captain Obvious. The issue is whether or not they followed proper inspection procedures.
It is my conclusion that they did, because, according to previous articles- the bed frame and base are solid and attached to the box springs and mattress-therefore there would be no reason for them to tear apart motel property because they did not know she was dead at the time.
( Duh.)
Step

United States

#34 Mar 18, 2010
lost wrote:
It is very sad for her children that there mom had to die thay way. Let's pray for the children that lost there mom and the father. Yes one or more lost there father also. The children will always have question, why my faher kill my mother or why that man kill my mother. Let's pray for the chldren and the ones that is left to take care of therm. Then its ashame that MPD only looked pass the room and not in the room. I can hear them at the time saying, well she probably left town with him and left the kids. She come back in a few months, but she never left right there in your nose. What is going to take for MPD to get themselves together, let's pray for them also. I will also say that all police officer or not bad its the few that can make the whole department look bad.
Let's pray for the taxpayer's who now have to take care of these "kids". The people who pay the taxes are the ones that need prayer.
weary warrior

Pasadena, CA

#35 Mar 18, 2010
FEDUP wrote:
You need to read the articles again. The police never entered the room much less searched it. Very poor police work.
<quoted text>
How do you suggest they should have handled a "missing person" investigation?
Where is White Trash

Palestine, TX

#36 Mar 18, 2010
weary warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
( Duh.)
You have your conclusions and everyone else in the world has theirs. Did you consider that before your stereotypical response. They didn't have to know she was dead, stupid. They knew she was missing. I hope you don't address any of her family with that nonsense. If you were to put on their shoes, you would think and feel different. You may be weary, but you're certainly no warrior.
DUH!
Weird Warrior

Palestine, TX

#37 Mar 18, 2010
weary warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you suggest they should have handled a "missing person" investigation?
Retardation at an all time high. Or are you just at an all time high. Hope you don't ever come up missing. Doofus.
weary warrior

Pasadena, CA

#38 Mar 18, 2010
Weird Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
Retardation at an all time high. Or are you just at an all time high. Hope you don't ever come up missing. Doofus.
So you are saying the first place to look is within a sealed bed frame? Oh yeah, and IM the retarded one.
weary warrior

Pasadena, CA

#39 Mar 18, 2010
Weird Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
PS Hope you DO come up missing-jackass.
Molly

Eads, TN

#40 Mar 18, 2010
I would have found her sooner if I had stayed there.

I ALWAYS check under the bed and under the main mattress for bed bugs
brittany

United States

#42 Mar 18, 2010
I heard someone at work say she was actually found in a DIFFERENT room than they had rented out. Is this possible? And no, I don't think initially the police had any reason to look for her in the bed frame, but surely SOMEONE had to notice a smell or something after some amount of time.... Someone? Anyone.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump on Chicago shooting: 'Just what I have be... 51 min Captain Yesterday 31
News San Pedro drive-by shooting appears to be gang-... (May '09) 3 hr no sports fan 209
News FBI: Drexel kidnapped, raped, shot, fed to gators 10 hr happy 2
News Long Beach man pleads no contest in student's m... (Sep '09) Mon You are all stupid 45
News Authorities name 43-year-old man whose head, ha... Sun Your Neighbor 14
News Jury Selection Expected in 2010 Mathis Murder Case (Apr '13) Sun Somebody 78
News While Milwaukee Burns, Obama Plays Golf Sun Tommy 4
More from around the web