Sony Millbrook; Lakeith Moody; murder; Budget Lodge; bed;

Full story: WREG

Kelly Hessedal 10:25 PM CDT, March 17, 2010 FAST FACTS: Body of Sony Millbrook discovered underneath motel bed Police name boyfriend LaKeith Moody a person of interest Police say couple had a rocky relationship New information tonight in what Memphis Police say is one of the most bizarre murder cases they've ever seen.
Comments
1 - 20 of 59 Comments Last updated Feb 5, 2014
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
MARZ

Arlington, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2010

Judged:

Only in Memphis.....WHY did no one notice any odors? Too strange for words.
sickofmemphis

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2010

There had to have been one hell of a stench in that room!!How no one could have noticed is beyond shocking.Do all the rooms just friggen reek that bad to where it isn't out of the norm?!It's hard to believe the maids didn't notice,they must have been awful at making beds and their sense of smell must have been nonexistent.The cops that were assigned this case should be fired plain and simple!They should have torn that room apart instead of doing a half ass investigation the way they did!There's no excuse,it's evident they just didn't give a crap!This woman deserved better and so did her family!!I feel so bad for them.It's bad enough that she was murdered,but for her to be be stuffed under a mattress in a hotel room and not found for well over a month has got to be emotionally excruciating!Somebody just needs to put a bullet in the boyfriends head and be done with it!He deserves no trail or death row.He needs to be wiped off the planet altogether!
SASSY

Greenwood, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2010

Why did housekeeping did not find no body beore now all rooms are clean daily.
concerned citizen

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2010

It saddens me to know that someone would killed this mom and leave her under a mattress as if she was a piece of garbage. Who would be so cruel to do this to another human being. Now there are five kids motherless. My heart goes out those kids and the rest of the family. I do not know this person of interest, but I'm sure or I believe hold heartly that he killed her and left her.
So Sad

Eads, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2010

My fiance and I were shopping in WalMart about a week ago and met this womans sister. She talked to us for about 10 minutes and told us they hadnt given up hope on finding her. Im TRULY sorry for your loss. What a SAD, heartbreaking story! Her family has been looking for her everyday and they had practically given up. All my prayers and thoughts go out to this family. Im glad they found her, so that her sister as well as the rest of the family can have peace, Just hate that this is how it worked out!
john henry

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2010

Judged:

I have one significant statement: Only in Memphis,Tn a dicompssing body could lie unnoticed in a hotel for weeks.
iamright2009

Oakland, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2010

Judged:

This is some more of that black on black crime in Memphis. This is also another poor job by MPD. When will they call for Godwin's job.
Cleo

Lakeland, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2010

Judged:

Lakeith...that cracks me up. It should have just been common sense to avoid a person named Lakeith. Very funny. Lathug. Lakilla.
Los

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2010

Judged:

Cleo wrote:
Lakeith...that cracks me up. It should have just been common sense to avoid a person named Lakeith. Very funny. Lathug. Lakilla.
Real funny a@#hole
ron

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2010

this is such a sad story.. just crazy!!!!!
brittany

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2010

"They believe her body was in that room at least 49 days. Though no one, not the five people who slept in the room since or any motel staff ever reported anything suspicious until Monday."

WHAT!? 5 PEOPLE! slept on top of this dead woman and no one noticed anything weird? What in the hayle?!?!
lost

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2010

It is very sad for her children that there mom had to die thay way. Let's pray for the children that lost there mom and the father. Yes one or more lost there father also. The children will always have question, why my faher kill my mother or why that man kill my mother. Let's pray for the chldren and the ones that is left to take care of therm. Then its ashame that MPD only looked pass the room and not in the room. I can hear them at the time saying, well she probably left town with him and left the kids. She come back in a few months, but she never left right there in your nose. What is going to take for MPD to get themselves together, let's pray for them also. I will also say that all police officer or not bad its the few that can make the whole department look bad.
Terry

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2010

According to this article, Person shows sign of a violent behavior out through his past, that might have lead up to the killing of his child mother. In many cases such this kind of domestic violence, this seemly be the outcome.
HESICK

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2010

THIS WAS BOUND TO HAPPEN LAKEITH MARQUTTE MOODY HAS ALWAYS HAD MENTAL ISSUES!!! I'AM SPEAKING FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCES WITH HIM!!! SICK...SICK...SICK...LORD HELP HIM!!!!UGH
HotinWestMemphis

West Memphis, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2010

Judged:

It is unGodly what is happening in the minds and hearts of people these days. And we wonder why the weather and the rumbling in the earth is turning against us. It is because the hearts and minds of mankind is without love, kindness and understanding. Satan has taken jealousy and mean spiritness and turned it against women, children and babies. You hateful person, you, to take that woman's life and then to go about you days as if nothing has happen. Her babies left alone in this world. No family member will replace their lose. YOU MURDERER, may your suffering began from your outside to your inside. So every man will know God is real and his punishment to you, is everlasting.
Rodney

Cordova, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2010

Judged:

I wonder if I can get a good discounted price on that room?
Rodney

Cordova, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2010

I guess lumpy mattresses must be the norm at the Budget Lodge. I wonder if the hotel is going to go back retroactively and charge the five people for having an extra guest in their room??? or if they're going to charge the family for the unpaid hotel stay???
Rodney

Cordova, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2010

Judged:

You might want to stay away from the Red Roof Inn at Sycamore View and Shelby Oaks Dr. too. A girl I know was mugged and beaten this past Friday night right in front of her room. They busted her lip and hit her so hard in her right eye that it is cockeyed and she has not gotten the vision back in it yet. They're suppose to have a Security Guard on duty that must have been a sleep in his car and they do not have security cameras. She may lose her right eye all together.
jls

Cordova, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2010

Rodney---that has been happening there for years. I went to Perkins one night over there a couple of years ago and cops were everywhere, for the same reason except in that case it was a business man mugged.

As for this situation... From what I understand, the lady was put under the box springs. The hotel had one of those beds with the frame that was built on what amounts to an empty box so people can't loose things under the bed. She was in that space. And when someone sat or laid on the bed, they "sealed" the box springs and mattress so that it was almost air tight to the that box. Also.. the cold in the room between customers also slowes down decomp a little. I, myself agree that someone should have smelled something in that time but I can see where it would take a lot longer than if she was laying on the bed.
weary warrior

Southaven, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2010

Judged:

When will people reaize that the media is controlling us all like puppets? First of all the way they are wording it...as if the police somehow did a bad job by not finding the body upon initial search in the room...she was stuffed in a bed frame that is a suppot to hold the box spring and mattresses up-a metal and enclosed tomb that would hardly be noticeable. Why would they tear apart the entire bed structure on a routine search? Only an ignorant person who say they somehow dropped the ball or did a poor job. And the motel staff not finding the body as well...let me draw a picture for all you morons out there...the staff, like the police, have no reason to look in the metal base structure of a bed-why would they? Only after the decomposition reached the stage where they could pin point the odor was the body found-evidently the structure of the bed base was solid not porous.
The media loves stirring people up-thats news, people. They play upon people's willingness to believe and be led by their words/accusations, and like mice we follow the pied piper.
Wake up and use your brain people.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

14 Users are viewing the Violent Crime Forum right now

Search the Violent Crime Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Judge rules that 18-year-old is competent to st... 1 hr Seriouslady 3
Officer Involved Shooting Latest 4 hr CornDogz 1
Rocky Houston sentenced to 9 years in prison 5 hr Zeppelin 1
Aaron Powell murder trial continues 5 hr Lothario 1
Porch shooter's lawyer says he feared for his life 6 hr POW RIGHT IN THE KISSER 2
North Valley authorities investigating alleged ... (Jan '07) 10 hr memos brother 5
Police operation in Duarte targets gangs after ... (Dec '09) 10 hr crabkiller 44
•••
•••