Off-duty CSULA police officer fatally...

Off-duty CSULA police officer fatally shoots armed man in South Pasadena, officials say

There are 68 comments on the Pasadena Star-News story from Aug 18, 2013, titled Off-duty CSULA police officer fatally shoots armed man in South Pasadena, officials say. In it, Pasadena Star-News reports that:

An off-duty California State University, Los Angeles police officer shot and killed an armed man who confronted him early Sunday, authorities said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Pasadena Star-News.

retired 2010

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#49 Dec 9, 2013
There go again blaming the cops. Were you there, if you weren't there, don't say nothing. All off duty and retired cops can carry guns. I for one, as a retired cop carry a cancel gun, and sometimes I'm out at 1:00 in the morning. I would only use my gun to protect myself and my family. If I saw someone getting kill, I would be a good witness and call the cops. I would not get inv., because thats what the public would me to do.
True coward ret cop

Los Angeles, CA

#52 Dec 10, 2013
retired 2010 wrote:
There go again blaming the cops. Were you there, if you weren't there, don't say nothing. All off duty and retired cops can carry guns. I for one, as a retired cop carry a cancel gun, and sometimes I'm out at 1:00 in the morning. I would only use my gun to protect myself and my family. If I saw someone getting kill, I would be a good witness and call the cops. I would not get inv., because thats what the public would me to do.
I've read some of these nlogs and now reading yours admitting your a police officer and retired say would watch someobe get killed be a good witness and call 911. You sir disgust me. You shame yourself and all law enforcement with your pathetic and cowardly statement. You are a TRUE COWARD like all these other blogs say. You cry about protecting your family cause you can carry your gun. I bet you would let your family die if you couldn't carry ccw. You're the type that with out your gun you sh^t your diapers. I'm going to report you and your blog to the police because you should not be a retired or active poluce officer. Saying you will watch someone get killed and do nothing. Your sick. I bet you were full of discipline ans lies when you were a police officer. Your ccw can be revoked easily. You sound as cowardly and corrupt as those safety county police The Sheriff dept hired. Now that low.
Terminations coming

Los Angeles, CA

#56 Dec 11, 2013
La Times is saying those depuries and custody assistants show in the article are finslly going to be fired. About time Sheriff Baca.
Bad Cops Suck

Los Angeles, CA

#59 Dec 11, 2013
Terminations coming wrote:
La Times is saying those depuries and custody assistants show in the article are finslly going to be fired. About time Sheriff Baca.
Bad cops suck. About time
John Redcorn

Los Angeles, CA

#64 Dec 14, 2013
Bad Cops Suck wrote:
<quoted text> Bad cops suck. About time
Yup, and OPS was full of them! Supervisors were the worst!
In the know

Los Angeles, CA

#65 Dec 14, 2013
Terminations coming wrote:
Several sources have said that Deputies and CAs that admitted to theft, sexual misconduct or falsified reports are going to be investigated and terminated.
Cop Thugs

Chino, CA

#66 Dec 14, 2013
Those criminal cops in The LA Times are butt Uglies
They look like they are on drugs. The other articles say many, the majority of those Ops cops smoked weed and other drugs. Picking up hookers, falsifying lying on police reports, psychos. How can yhe Sheriffs dept hire these screwballs. Basically they are thug gangsters with badges.
Looking for Witnesses

Los Angeles, CA

#68 Dec 16, 2013
Anyone that seen this crime happen, please step forward! Justice needs to be service.
Los Angeles, CA

#69 Dec 17, 2013
Isn't it funny how the guy from Portland has nothing to say since his buddies got exposed by the LA Times. Everything that was posted on Topix for years, yet he acted like it was all not true. The Times exposed that it all was true!
Campus PD

Los Angeles, CA

#72 Dec 20, 2013
CSULA campus police will hire anyone! I heard a tobacco chewing midget was about to be hired, until they saw his photo and story in the Times!
David

Los Angeles, CA

#79 Dec 22, 2013
What happened with this case? This is the problem with police shootings! The media never follows up on cop shootings!
Justifed

Long Beach, CA

#80 Dec 23, 2013
What was supposed to happen? It was completely justified. End of story.

Heaven help us when we cant defend ourselves, off duty cop or not, from someone shooting at us?
David

Los Angeles, CA

#81 Dec 24, 2013
Justifed wrote:
What was supposed to happen? It was completely justified. End of story.
Heaven help us when we cant defend ourselves, off duty cop or not, from someone shooting at us?
Hmmmmmmm....guy walks on to your ungated front lawn and you go out and kill him...he did not shoot at you, you shot him...no investigation needed?

Guest if you put a gun in his hand after you shot him dead, then shoot the gun so that there is gsr residue on his hands, you might say there is no need for an investigation.
Justifed

Long Beach, CA

#82 Dec 24, 2013
Oh please....

It was gated, you cold see it on the news, but he shot at the officer from the street so what you said is irrelevant.
He shot at the officer FIRST, there is plenty of evidence of it
There is NO evidence of anything else in your little fantasy version.
Police Frame Up

Wildomar, CA

#83 Dec 24, 2013
I bet this officer lied. Just cause the victim got shot and carried a gun. The officer guard panicked and murdered him then got lucky found the victims gun in his car and they fired seversl rounds from that gun to make it seem like the victim shot at the officer. The officer is dirty. I bet he has a bad record.
Dummy

Bakersfield, CA

#84 Dec 24, 2013
Police Frame Up wrote:
I bet this officer lied. Just cause the victim got shot and carried a gun. The officer guard panicked and murdered him then got lucky found the victims gun in his car and they fired seversl rounds from that gun to make it seem like the victim shot at the officer. The officer is dirty. I bet he has a bad record.
I bet you:

Hate cops
Watch way too much television
Still live with your parents
Don't have a job
Innocent victim

Los Angeles, CA

#87 Dec 25, 2013
We can't let him get away with murder! Anybody else would have been thrown in jail!!
David

Los Angeles, CA

#88 Dec 26, 2013
Justifed wrote:
Oh please....
It was gated, you cold see it on the news, but he shot at the officer from the street so what you said is irrelevant.
He shot at the officer FIRST, there is plenty of evidence of it
There is NO evidence of anything else in your little fantasy version.
I don't know what you were watching, but the news casts I saw showed no gate around the front yard. Also the VICTIM never fired a shot. The only person with a fantasy version is you. Bet you chew tobacco!
Innocent victim

Glendale, CA

#89 Dec 26, 2013
Victim never fire one single shot at nobody! All you stupid people have a killer in your neighbor hood!
Crazy midgets

Los Angeles, CA

#90 Dec 26, 2013
All I know is pot head midgets should not be allowed to be cops

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Feds: San Francisco pier shooting suspect depor... 1 hr kev from michigan 1
News Confederate Controversy: Should schools and str... 3 hr iaintownedaslave 1
News 2 dead after shooting at Maple Grove McDonald's (Apr '09) 5 hr bystander 228
News Newtown still seeking 'normal' after Sandy Hook... 6 hr BetrayedAmerica 4
News Cadiz native dead after Murray shooting (Jul '12) 10 hr Amazed 60
News She Lost Three Kids to ChiraqBy Michael Daly 12 hr Much Ado Bout Nada 2
News Nikki Haley calls for removal of Confederate fl... 13 hr Mark Twain Progre... 16
More from around the web