Off-duty CSULA police officer fatally...

Off-duty CSULA police officer fatally shoots armed man in South Pasadena, officials say

There are 68 comments on the Pasadena Star-News story from Aug 18, 2013, titled Off-duty CSULA police officer fatally shoots armed man in South Pasadena, officials say. In it, Pasadena Star-News reports that:

An off-duty California State University, Los Angeles police officer shot and killed an armed man who confronted him early Sunday, authorities said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Pasadena Star-News.

Not a filthy gangster

Los Angeles, CA

#21 Aug 22, 2013
victims homeboy wrote:
check this out peeps , my boy was the person that got killed , knowing him he would have never pulled out first, second he was on his way home from his brother bachelor party, dumb sheriffs and lame SOUTH PASADENA COPS aint budging with info cuz its their own, these mother***** are getting away with murder, no bulls***, and the report says they detained him not trying to revive or help keep him alive they waited 20 mins for the ambulance to arrive , let him bleed to death...f** these cops, there just as bad as yur friendly drug dealer nieghbor.
It's a brave new world where filthy gangsters talk crap online when one of their turd members gets killed by the police. Why exactly do you think he's a "victim"? Is it because he lost the gunfight? Why do you think it's ok for him to carry a gun at all? Why did he stop his car and think it was a good idea to blast his music at 1:00 AM in somebody else's neighborhood? Why didn't he just drive straight home? And don't repeat his "fiancee's" lie about him pulling over to call and say he was on the way home. Anybody who breaks the law every day by illegally carrying a gun doesn't care about making a cell phone call while driving.

Stand by for the autopsy report - I guarantee his blood alcohol is going to explain quite a bit about why this shooting happened. A little extra liquid courage in a sureno causes all kinds of problems.

And for the record, the right person survived this gunfight - the good guy, not the scumbag gangster.
Good job in South Pas

Long Beach, CA

#23 Aug 23, 2013
All of those details were reported in the media.
victims homeboy

Burbank, CA

#25 Aug 23, 2013
Not a filthy gangster wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a brave new world where filthy gangsters talk crap online when one of their turd members gets killed by the police. Why exactly do you think he's a "victim"? Is it because he lost the gunfight? Why do you think it's ok for him to carry a gun at all? Why did he stop his car and think it was a good idea to blast his music at 1:00 AM in somebody else's neighborhood? Why didn't he just drive straight home? And don't repeat his "fiancee's" lie about him pulling over to call and say he was on the way home. Anybody who breaks the law every day by illegally carrying a gun doesn't care about making a cell phone call while driving.
Stand by for the autopsy report - I guarantee his blood alcohol is going to explain quite a bit about why this shooting happened. A little extra liquid courage in a sureno causes all kinds of problems.
And for the record, the right person survived this gunfight - the good guy, not the scumbag gangster.
talk crap huh?? first of all , my boy carried cuz hes been shot at by gang memeber he does live 2 mins away from where he got shot ..and why was he parked we dont even know what happened , and the reason why he was blasting music , yea he was prolly a lil drunk, duh he was at his brothers bachelor party, we arent getting anything from these cops and we just have a big question over our heads wanting to know what happened and why, cuz we know for sure he didnt pull out his gun that he supposably had , hes not like that , the only thoing we can think of is he prolly pulled over cuz he realized he was drunk wanted to sober up before driving a little further, and didnt want to fall asleep thats why he prolly had his music up,, we did grow up in highland park, im pretty sure you know how it is there , so dont ask why we carry guns ,, we are waiting for the autopsy..,
Saints Up

Fairfield, CA

#28 Aug 23, 2013
To all you that obviously don't have nothing better to do than praise someone that took a life and talk crap. It shows how uneducated you are and what type of person your mothers raised. You should allow the family to mourn and let them have some peace, whether he was a good or bad person he was still a human being and no one deserves to die the way he did, cops these days let those badges get to them and use it to hurt others and they have forgotten they swore to serve and protect. One day it can be you going through something similar so don't Judge A Book by the cover. Cops are good at hiding all the evidence against them that is the only reason why they get away with the crimes.. But there is a God and he will make sure justice is serve for all.
Not a filthy gangster

United States

#29 Aug 24, 2013
Confirmation in the news article listed below that Quintero was the first to fire, and he fired multiple rounds at the officer.

So much for his gang buddies' belief that he either didn't have a gun (which his girlfriend said he always had) or that he isn't the kind of guy to pull his gun out.

Although it's a sad thing for Quintero's gangster buddies and family, society is safer without him and his alcohol-fueled bad behavior.

http://www.pasadenastarnews.com/general-news/...
pissed off citizen

Los Angeles, CA

#30 Aug 30, 2013
what is the matter with you people if a man gets atacked he has the right to defend himself police officer or not!
that's why the world is so screwed up!
NO ACCOUNTABILITY!!!!
I BET EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU THAT HAS AN ISSUE WITH THIS HAS HAD SOME SORT OF ENCOUNTER WITH THE LAW!!!!
next time you are being victimized
DO NOT CALL THE POLICE!!! HANDLE IT YOURSELF!!!
Black Badge

Pacific Palisades, CA

#32 Aug 31, 2013
Confirmation in the news article listed below that Quintero was the first to fire, and he fired multiple rounds at the officer.
So much for his gang buddies' belief that he either didn't have a gun (which his girlfriend said he always had) or that he isn't the kind of guy to pull his gun out.
Although it's a sad thing for Quintero's gangster buddies and family, society is safer without him and his alcohol-fueled bad behavior.
http://www.pasadenastarnews.com/general-news/...
I understand what you are saying but this is not confirmation that the bad guy fired first, it is the media saying this and we don't know what the officer did exactly. How do you know the officer did not fire first and then saw this guys gun and then fired off the rounds to claim he was shot at so many times. How about those scratches all over him? This officer has a tainted black past with the Office of Public Safety, illegal activity and more crimes.
Puppy

Pico Rivera, CA

#33 Sep 1, 2013
Facts:
1) The thug was strapped* his homies admit it if you read the posts. Ummm it's illegal to drive with a gun in your car. Let's not skip this most important Fact ***
I'm no expert but a thug with a GUN in his vehicle, is up to no good... So thug had full intentions of using this weapon one day ( that's why he carried illegally) he shows us that he has no regard for taking someone's life, he met his match when he decided to fire upon the off duty officer first, and he paid the ultimate price. No one deserves to die ever like this I agree.... But the thug carried a weapon illegally *** what did he expect? To just kill and not be killed?
2) Suspect was a thug* watch the news videos and see who shows up to flower memorials.... Thugs and more thugs. That's the problem here, if you're a thug,cholo, gangster, etc... You choose your path, and that gangster path ends up in death at one point. I'm sorry but if you are affiliated with thugs and thug activities like carrying a gun because you have had past run ins with gangs ( according to his homie) then you reaped what you sowed Mr. Thug
Puppy

Pico Rivera, CA

#34 Sep 1, 2013
victims homeboy wrote:
<quoted text>
talk crap huh?? first of all , my boy carried cuz hes been shot at by gang memeber he does live 2 mins away from where he got shot ..and why was he parked we dont even know what happened , and the reason why he was blasting music , yea he was prolly a lil drunk, duh he was at his brothers bachelor party, we arent getting anything from these cops and we just have a big question over our heads wanting to know what happened and why, cuz we know for sure he didnt pull out his gun that he supposably had , hes not like that , the only thoing we can think of is he prolly pulled over cuz he realized he was drunk wanted to sober up before driving a little further, and didnt want to fall asleep thats why he prolly had his music up,, we did grow up in highland park, im pretty sure you know how it is there , so dont ask why we carry guns ,, we are waiting for the autopsy..,
There you are and I quote " My boy carried cause he's been shot at"
You ignorant thug* thanks for solving one piece of the puzzle ... The Thug HAD A GUN*****
Also he's been shot at? Sounds like a great citizen to me.
Innocent

Los Angeles, CA

#35 Sep 2, 2013
That rent a cop see's no action at work-So he goes home & gets trigger happy! Loud Music can get you kill!
Innocent victim

Los Angeles, CA

#36 Sep 2, 2013
He was a victim not a suspect! The only criminal in this sad situation is that police officer.
Onion Stank

Pacific Palisades, CA

#38 Sep 3, 2013
<quoted text>It's a brave new world where filthy gangsters talk crap online when one of their turd members gets killed by the police. Why exactly do you think he's a "victim"? Is it because he lost the gunfight? Why do you think it's ok for him to carry a gun at all? Why did he stop his car and think it was a good idea to blast his music at 1:00 AM in somebody else's neighborhood? Why didn't he just drive straight home? And don't repeat his "fiancee's" lie about him pulling over to call and say he was on the way home. Anybody who breaks the law every day by illegally carrying a gun doesn't care about making a cell phone call while driving.

actually that cop has a bad past fired n doing illegal things he was probably drunk to and why didn't he call the real police instead of killing someone for loud music. Looks like there are 3 losers you that wrote this the dirty off duty cop and the dumbbell who got shot
Haters2

Lincoln, CA

#39 Sep 4, 2013
Onion Stank wrote:
<quoted text>
actually that cop has a bad past fired n doing illegal things he was probably drunk to and why didn't he call the real police instead of killing someone for loud music. Looks like there are 3 losers you that wrote this the dirty off duty cop and the dumbbell who got shot
Black badge and onion stank sounds like you are both jealous cops. First of all we don't even know who this officer is. Second how would you even know about his so called "tainted past"? Seems to me you both have a problem and some sort of grudge. And if this cop hasn't been arrested for this or any other crimes then he can't be a bad cop. Don't you think that others in the community know exactly who YOU are and your slanderous remarks are going to get back to those in charge.

Funny how "homies" supporters have all scattered since the news of him firing his gun has come out. And the media could care less since there isn't any wrong doing on the part of this officer.
coward cop

Vista, CA

#40 Sep 10, 2013
That cop was a known coward got his azz kicked sounds like to me. Then he couldn't hang with none of his back up n shot the victim. Moral of the story don't play your music loud in south pasadena or the off duty cal state LA campus cop will kill you. Thats a big coward can't do his job like the good cops who would have handles this far different n better.
Innocent victim

Los Angeles, CA

#41 Sep 25, 2013
This fake cop thinks he's George Zimmerman! The neighbor killer!!
enough

Los Angeles, CA

#42 Sep 26, 2013
stop it henry, enoughs enough
Enough

Pacific Palisades, CA

#43 Oct 8, 2013
Stop it Dave Johnson and Mike Cohen, you two azzholes are on here just causing your typical havoc talking sh*t about this officers and blaming others. You queens need psychological help. Sick F**gots
Innocent victim

Los Angeles, CA

#44 Oct 12, 2013
He's guilty!
Innocent victim

Los Angeles, CA

#45 Nov 13, 2013
We want justice!
Dishonorable cop

Pacific Palisades, CA

#48 Dec 9, 2013
What a low life coward cop

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Canoga Park Man Convicted In Fatal Encino Shooting (Jun '07) 12 hr Ron 10
News Suspect in Wife's Murder Facing New Charges (Oct '07) 18 hr Sad Researcher 749
News Trial begins in Bridgeport store owner's murder Tue Daniels Conscience 1
News If an assault weapons ban can't stop school sho... Mon The Worlds Bigges... 1,015
News Police charge 'accidental' shooter with manslau... (Apr '08) Sun Sharts 16
News Exam today in bar shooting (Mar '06) May 20 Wwe 30
News The History of Lynching and the Present of Poli... May 20 jtkluempers 3