Fort Thomas Wife Charged With Husband...

Fort Thomas Wife Charged With Husband's Murder

There are 481 comments on the WCPO-TV9 Cincinnati story from Jun 25, 2007, titled Fort Thomas Wife Charged With Husband's Murder. In it, WCPO-TV9 Cincinnati reports that:

Posted By: Tom Mckee Fort Thomas Police are still searching for a motive in the Monday morning shooting death of 44-year old Robert McCafferty.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WCPO-TV9 Cincinnati.

First Prev
of 25
Next Last
the dot rat

Miramar Beach, FL

#1 Jun 25, 2007
Was it infidelity on his part?

Was he abusing her?

stay tuned for further developments
say an Ave for Bob

Florissant, MO

#2 Jun 25, 2007
Bob was the nicest man I've ever had the privilege to work with. He was good to his mother (who died two weeks ago) and always shared tales and pictures of his kids. His quick laugh and genuine kindness had a wonderful effect on everyone who came in contact with him. There is an entire health care industry in St. Louis, MO and all over the country who have lost a good friend and a very good man. Your lame questions and insinuations are mean spirited and juvenile. There is no defense of his wife's behavior. Aside from what she did to Bob, she has irreparably harmed her children.
lost for words

Darien, IL

#3 Jun 25, 2007
No question Bob is a rare man. One of genuine kindness. A friend to all. He is what God intended. He will be missed by all who knew him and I am honored to call him a friend. I agree with say an Ave for Bob (thanks John). Whoever reads these blogs should only feel sorry if they did not know Bob and all should say a prayer for ALL of his family
say an Ave for Bob

Florissant, MO

#4 Jun 26, 2007
To Crystal Lake, IL. Who is John?

I am as Irish as Bob McCafferty was and the last time I saw him, he gave to me a statue of Padre Pio. He said that this saint was special to his mother and to the ill children she did volunteer work for. We remembered Bob in our petitions at church this morning.
a great loss

Rosedale, MD

#5 Jun 27, 2007
We look closely at the people that have touched our lives. Bob was such a genuine man with great gifts. His positive attitude and humor made you feel so comfortable. What a great loss to all of us. I only hope and pray that the children will recover.
noname

Lexington, KY

#7 Jun 28, 2007
Bob was a good man, and Cheryl and the kids were absolutely amazing people, i cant believe what i am hearing!

Since: Jun 07

Ft. Thomas

#8 Jun 28, 2007
After the investigation is complete, another needs to begin. An independent, outside investigation into the handling of the Sunday domestic violence call. The responding officer did not even respond to the home, he saw Cheryl and one of the kids on the road. They said everything was alright. Was Bob McCafferty dead at that time? I guess onl the autopsy will tell. Did the family receive special treatment because of their relationship with upper levels of the police department? Would Bob McCafferty still be alive today had the situation been handled differently? These questions need to be answered.
Cathy

Fairfield, OH

#9 Jun 29, 2007
All of these comments saying what a good man Bob was! Well, his daughter did not think so highly of him based upon her MySpace comment. People act different in the work place and around others. I agree with Trek. I think we need Nancy Grace to step in and figure out what really happened.
lb in no ky

AOL

#10 Jun 29, 2007
He was not the saint some of you think he was. An abusive husband and an abusive father, he kept his family walking on eggshells. Some of the most notorious violent criminals in hostory would have been considered charismatic, nice, friendly people. I know this family and their children. You didn't have to scratch too far down in the surface to see the terror and trauma that was their household. There is waaay more to this story. Cheryl has not traumatized these children it was Bob who did. Desperate people do desperate things. Pray for Cheryl and the kids.

Ft. Thomas

#11 Jun 29, 2007
I am not saying he was a good guy. I'm just saying that had the sunday dom. violence call been handled differently, he might still be alive today, and Cheryl might not be facing murder charges
Cathy

Fairfield, OH

#12 Jun 29, 2007
If I had a millon I would get her out of jail. This is smelling like a week old fish. E-mail Nancy Grace and Greta Van Susteren with your thoughts. Let's get some National attention on this case!
concerned in ft thomas

Evansville, IN

#13 Jun 30, 2007
As the mother of a child who was very close to the McCafferty family, I would hope that we as adults can do the right thing in this situation. We should not be speculating, pointing fingers and spreading rumors about this family whether they be good, bad or indifferent! Let our justice system do it's job without the interference of the public and the public's views and opinions. We all need to refrain from the open forum until after investigations are conducted, testimonies are given and the case is closed. Please remember the children before you post. There are a lot of families and children being affected by this situation. Let's not make it any harder to deal with than necessary!

Ft. Thomas

#14 Jul 1, 2007
concerned in ft thomas wrote:
Let our justice system do it's job
That's all I'm saying. Had our justice system done it's job differently on Sunday, maybe this entire situation would not have come to pass. I want it fixed.
Cathy

Fairfield, OH

#15 Jul 1, 2007
concerned in ft. thomas, why are you on an open forum if you don't want to openly discuss this case? This is an open forum. I suggest, you don't log on to it. I also suggest you direct your childern not to log on either. Ft. Thomas is a fish bowl. Don't kid yourself
say an Ave for Bob

Florissant, MO

#16 Jul 1, 2007
I am still praying for Bob and his family. There are always different, and many time opposing, sides to every situation. The person I knew in Bob McCafferty was that of the friendly, easy going and generous businessman. This is the only Bob I can talk from experience about. I believe that whatever the facts show, the result is the same. Bob is dead; his wife murdered him and the children are traumatized for life. I, too, wish the FT police had investigated the 911 call incident more in depth on Sunday. This family could be getting help for any domestic situation that might have existed. Instead, the children have lost their home for now, their father is dead and their mother is in jail. Most of all, the worst thing that could happen to teenagers has happened. They are in the news and being talked about all over Fort Thomas and the country. Open forum is good if people refrain from putting speculation above facts. I don't know why Bob's wife did what she did, but I do know that Bob spoke often about his love for his children. Please keep them in your prayers.
Dave

Medina, NY

#17 Jul 1, 2007
I agree, why didn't the polcie go into the house to speak with Bob and the other child? What is the point of calling the police if they don't check out the entire situation?
TREK wrote:
After the investigation is complete, another needs to begin. An independent, outside investigation into the handling of the Sunday domestic violence call. The responding officer did not even respond to the home, he saw Cheryl and one of the kids on the road. They said everything was alright. Was Bob McCafferty dead at that time? I guess onl the autopsy will tell. Did the family receive special treatment because of their relationship with upper levels of the police department? Would Bob McCafferty still be alive today had the situation been handled differently? These questions need to be answered.
concerned in ft thomas

Greenville, SC

#18 Jul 2, 2007
Cathy wrote:
concerned in ft. thomas, why are you on an open forum if you don't want to openly discuss this case? This is an open forum. I suggest, you don't log on to it. I also suggest you direct your childern not to log on either. Ft. Thomas is a fish bowl. Don't kid yourself
Cathy,

Don't kid myself? About what? You seem to be enjoying this way too much. Sick...just plain sick.
Cathy

Fairfield, OH

#19 Jul 2, 2007
That is a great question Dave. One that many people in this area would "enjoy" getting the answer to. Does anyone have any update on the original 911 call and why it has not been released? I thought 911 calls were public property?

Ft. Thomas

#20 Jul 2, 2007
I think it is a curiousity that the time of death has not been released either. At least as far as I know.
Citizen in Fort Thomas

AOL

#21 Jul 2, 2007
There is much speculation going on around the recent shooting and death of Bob McCafferty. I knew the family and my kids attended the same school. While I was as shocked as everyone else to hear of the shooting, I was even moreso upon hearing it was Cheryl. While much is being said about what a nice guy Bob was, the same could be said about Cheryl. On every encounter with Cheryl, she was nothing but bubbly, friendly, outgoing, genuine and just a wonderful person. I knew her from her involvment in the community and at school. I knew her enough to call her on the phone and chat. She was not an unstable person and I fee to do what she has done there MUST have been something else going on. Bob was not the perfect person everyone thought he was. I know Molly and Patrick went to a friend's in the wake of the incident occurring. Statements were made BY THEM that Cheryl's claim of self defense is true. Molly has herself made postings on her Myspace page which have been verified by the Enquirer. Why would she say "...may he rest in the peace he never gave us..." which is not a direct quote but look it up for yourself. There is much more to this story than people think. Many abusers never let on to their friends, family and co-workers what is going on behind the scenes. I know this from first hand experience. An ex-brother in law was an abuser for years and we never knew what was being done to my sister and her kids. To speculate prematurely on what happened like many are doing in the community and across the country is unfortunate. I think it speaks volumes that Molly and Patrick have made statements indicating the abuse. And I agree; the kids have yes been traumatized by all this, but not entirely at the hands of Cheryl. It is by Bob as well, God rest his soul. The truth will hopefully come out in the trial and until then the senseless gossip is just that. As for me, I believe the first hand knowledge I have of the comments made by the kids, and also that there is always a side to a person that is kept hidden and only they truly know what went on in that house. That being said, the whole family needs prayers right now because the whole family is hurting, is grieving, and in need of all our prayers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 25
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Woman from Pa. murdered in Florida; 'bloody' bo... 13 hr getitright 2
News In 6 years, 53 blacks shot Sun kennie23 38
News Suspect jailed in fatal shooting of 8-year-old ... Sun Bobbie N 1
News Cadiz native dead after Murray shooting (Jul '12) Sun UTfan4ever 74
News Gang member testifies against former gang mento... (Mar '10) Sun The smart one out... 22
News Decay Arraigned on Two Counts of Capital Murder (May '07) Sat Onlygodcanjudge 181
News Tattoo shop murder suspects indicted (May '08) Mar 25 Wise22 72
More from around the web