Killing may be linked to May shooting death

Full story: TwinCities.com

Desmond Clark seemed worried when he left his mother's house about 11:30 Wednesday night.
Comments
1 - 20 of 189 Comments Last updated Dec 11, 2013
First Prev
of 10
Next Last
Carol

Minneapolis, MN

#1 Jun 27, 2008
Unfortunetly,Live by the sword,you die by the sword.
Very Sad

Saint Paul, MN

#2 Jun 27, 2008
Carol wrote:
Unfortunetly,Live by the sword,you die by the sword.
Really now. Is that necessary? The man was killed in cold blood and nobody deserves that. He was not a suspect in anyone else's murder either. A little empathy for the family would be nice.
Mnnative

Saint Paul, MN

#5 Jun 27, 2008
It's a blood fued, The Dunfeilds and McDays. I searched the name so far:

June 2, 2008
St. Paul police have arrested two men in connection with the weekend gun battle in the Frogtown neighborhood that left a 28-year-old man dead and three people wounded.

The suspects, a 28-year-old booked at the Ramsey County jail on suspicion of murder and a 25-year-old arrested on suspicion of being a felon in possession of a firearm, had not yet been charged as of late Monday afternoon. But St. Paul police spokesman Peter Panos confirmed that the men are in custody.

Police also released the name of the man slain. Kevin Desuan Dunn died after gunshots were reported near Thomas Avenue and Grotto Street at 1:30 a.m. Saturday.

Police are still working to determine a motive for the shooting, but Panos said investigators believe the shooting was not random.

The two suspects and the slain man all have lengthy criminal records.
Mnnative

Saint Paul, MN

#7 Jun 27, 2008
Also I believe there was a shooting in Feb as well. In one of the articles in the Evans murder it said something about someone recovering from a gun wound. I will look it up later, have to get to work.
Mnnative

Saint Paul, MN

#8 Jun 27, 2008
Also remember Dareen Day was questioned/arrested/released in the Turnipseed murder. I wonder if Clark was there that night. Who was the intended target in that one?
pumpkin

Saint Paul, MN

#10 Jun 27, 2008
Wonder where we have heard the names "Day" and "Dunn" recently. Could it be from ST. Paul homicides 7 and 8????? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Hey Pioneer Press

Saint Paul, MN

#11 Jun 27, 2008
How about an article conecting all the dots? How many of the murders in St Paul have a connection with Days and Dunns? It is one thing if they are shooting up each other, but quite another when innocent people like Keith Turnipseed get in the crossfire. Who were the other victims in the Turnipseed case? Come on Pioneer Press write the story.

Mnnative
StPaulMommie

Minneapolis, MN

#15 Jun 27, 2008
Forget all this negatitivity, no Desmond did not live the life of an angel. But he was stiil someones son, brother, uncle, father, boyfriend and my friend. He did not deserve to die in such a cold manner. To his family you all are in my prayers and I send my condelences while you all deal with this hard time.
Teacher

Minneapolis, MN

#18 Jun 27, 2008
As a former teacher of Desmond Clark, I feel very saddened by this turn of events. I also am very frustrated at the lack of support for school staff by the administration to hold Desmond Clark accountable for his behavior at school. The sad thing is there are many more Desmond Clark's in our school system with little accountability, and giving into every whim of the parents.

Currently, we have a superintendent in St. Paul who is totally out of touch with what is really happening on in our District. Granted Dr. Carstarphen was not the superintendent when Desmond Clark was going to school, but the disconnected management pattern still continues.

We have school board members in St. Paul like Anne Carroll, DFL and Tom Goldstein, DFL who follow every wish of our Superintendent without question. Anne Carroll and Tom Goldstein are in the pocket of the superintendent and these two school board members have to be the poorest excuse for a school board member in a long time. Heck, Anne Carroll will even lie right to your face at public. In fact, Ms. Carroll was even called to task by a fellow school board member at a public forum for not telling the truth. These poor excuses for public service are our elected officials running our school district and the public does not care and they just elect what the DFL or Progressive Minnesota tell them to vote for.

This why our schools are in the poor shape they are in. We need strong school board members to hold Dr. Carstarphen accountable for her failed leadership over the last three years. By the superintendent sending her staff (P. C.) to intimidate fellow teachers who want to testify at public school board meetings during public comment is shocking. The pattern of our superintendent to withhold information from the press is equally shocking. When is Belden going to wake up to what is really going on at SPPS?
Paul

Saint Paul, MN

#19 Jun 27, 2008
Are these people given a script to read? It is always the same thing, "He was turning his life around, he lived for his family, It must have been a case of mistaken Identity because he would never be involved in something like this." Why does the press print crap like this? Hmmn, in prison for being involved in a shooting, Yeah I'm sure it was a mistake. Give me a break. The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior.
Fed up

Saint Paul, MN

#21 Jun 27, 2008
Why is it the school system's fault for this guy - give me a break!! If the schools try to punish any of these thugs - then they get in trouble - how about Mom and Dad taking care of their own kids!!!
Oh My

Rochester, MN

#22 Jun 27, 2008
Teacher wrote:
As a former teacher of Desmond Clark, I feel very saddened by this turn of events. I also am very frustrated at the lack of support for school staff by the administration to hold Desmond Clark accountable for his behavior at school. The sad thing is there are many more Desmond Clark's in our school system with little accountability, and giving into every whim of the parents.
Currently, we have a superintendent in St. Paul who is totally out of touch with what is really happening on in our District. Granted Dr. Carstarphen was not the superintendent when Desmond Clark was going to school, but the disconnected management pattern still continues.
We have school board members in St. Paul like Anne Carroll, DFL and Tom Goldstein, DFL who follow every wish of our Superintendent without question. Anne Carroll and Tom Goldstein are in the pocket of the superintendent and these two school board members have to be the poorest excuse for a school board member in a long time. Heck, Anne Carroll will even lie right to your face at public. In fact, Ms. Carroll was even called to task by a fellow school board member at a public forum for not telling the truth. These poor excuses for public service are our elected officials running our school district and the public does not care and they just elect what the DFL or Progressive Minnesota tell them to vote for.
This why our schools are in the poor shape they are in. We need strong school board members to hold Dr. Carstarphen accountable for her failed leadership over the last three years. By the superintendent sending her staff (P. C.) to intimidate fellow teachers who want to testify at public school board meetings during public comment is shocking. The pattern of our superintendent to withhold information from the press is equally shocking. When is Belden going to wake up to what is really going on at SPPS?
Great post. I agree. I used to be involved in the EBD program in SPPS. It was horrifying some of the stuff these kids would do. The parents did not have a clue, it was easy to see where the behaviors came from
Teacher say what

Saint Paul, MN

#23 Jun 27, 2008
You blame schools for the death of Desmond Clark? A 26 year old man? Mr. Clark did not die in a school! He was 26 years old!!! Stop making political rants and trying to tie the school employees you do not like into this case. Especially a school superintendent who was hired 2 years ago - SIX YEARS AFTER DESMOND SHOULD HAVE GRADUATED. What could Carstarphen do to save a 26 year old who should have graduated in the year 2000!
I graduated from St Paul Public Schools. I have two college degrees and work two jobs. Volunteer and donate my time. I have my daughter involved in St Paul parks and recreation activities and other community events. I graduated in 1999. Does Maria Carstarphen deserve any credit for the successes in my life? Of course not. And she and the SPPS system deserve no flack for the choices a 26 year old male makes.
The blame always lands on the family and individual first when students fail. That is the difference between a graduate and drop out - family and parent involvement.
Marion

Minneapolis, MN

#24 Jun 27, 2008
StPaulMommie wrote:
Forget all this negatitivity, no Desmond did not live the life of an angel. But he was stiil someones son, brother, uncle, father, boyfriend and my friend.
So was Charles Manson.
StPaulMommie wrote:
He did not deserve to die in such a cold manner.
Life like a gangster, die like a gangster. That piece of trash shot people before, he just got his.
juan pablo in colorado

Denver, CO

#25 Jun 27, 2008
he's only a victim of his own doing...
JAdams

Minneapolis, MN

#26 Jun 27, 2008
Welcome to the new St. Paul! Congratulations Kommandant Coleman and the illustirous politburo. Your policies have destroyed this city.

“it takes a lot to laugh...”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#27 Jun 27, 2008
Fed up wrote:
Why is it the school system's fault for this guy - give me a break!! If the schools try to punish any of these thugs - then they get in trouble - how about Mom and Dad taking care of their own kids!!!
Are you kidding?? Taking responsibility for your actions is a lost concept! If you are in trouble, its as bad choice or some other socio-economic issue associated with your race/ethnic/gender/religous background but never ever your fault. To say that a person is responsible for their actions or the results of their actions is hersey in todays society!
Teacher

Minneapolis, MN

#28 Jun 27, 2008
Fed up wrote:
We tried to hold Desmond Clark accountable for his actions, but the principal would not support the school staff and Mr. Clark was able to do, as he wanted. Nothing has changed in over 13 years since, but under Dr. Carstarphen's leadership the situation has gotten much worse. You see Dr. Carstarphen came from Washington D. C. and she feels that how they ran the school system there is appropriate here.
Open eyes

Saint Paul, MN

#29 Jun 27, 2008
It is always someone elses fault. Parents take control of your children when they are young. Monitor their thereabouts - check their homework - make them go to school, and maybe take them to church to get a view of faith? It is not the teachers/schools jobs to teach our children right from wrong, and a work ethic. We as parents should be the ones doing this, and if you can't then don't keep having more children.....
Ms Adams

Saint Paul, MN

#30 Jun 27, 2008
It's so funny and expected that his mother would say it was a mistake, it was not he was involved in the shooting and killing of Kevin Dunn, it is very sad but his life was taken also.....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Teen's Shooting Highlights Racial Tension 13 min Who 1,319
Michael Brown's family prepares to say goodbye 46 min Justshootthebastard 12
Michael Blagg Gets Appellate Hearing (Jul '08) 4 hr Rae 166
Local News - Man Found Dead in Southside Apartm... (Sep '07) 7 hr AcostaFam 58
Protestors march on West Side after fatal polic... 9 hr reality is a crutch 1
Shooting has gained Pittsfield's attention 13 hr Praxis33 12
Manslaughter verdict in bizarre San Francisco s... Wed Mitts Gold Plated... 2
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••