REST STOP MURDER: Worker killed at I-80 Rest Stop

Full story: WHOtv

A Nebraska man has been arrested and charged with killing a maintenance worker at an I-80 rest stop.
Comments
1 - 20 of 60 Comments Last updated Aug 27, 2010
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Chopswell

Ridgeway, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2010

Judged:

Wish they had capital punishment in Iowa. Obviously this Riggs guy did it, otherwise his name and charge wouldn't be made known so quickly. And just as quickly, end it for him, like he had no problem doing for Mr. McAdam.

The 'soft' laws this country has embraced has made us weak. It's time for quick, inexpensive justice.
Dave

Des Moines, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2010

My sympathies to his family and I hope this Riggs guy rots in hell, P.O.S.
unknown

West Des Moines, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2010

Chopswell wrote:
Wish they had capital punishment in Iowa. Obviously this Riggs guy did it, otherwise his name and charge wouldn't be made known so quickly. And just as quickly, end it for him, like he had no problem doing for Mr. McAdam.
The 'soft' laws this country has embraced has made us weak. It's time for quick, inexpensive justice.
You are absolutely right!! If it was Texas he wouldn't have a chance. He deserves everything that is givin' to him. I agree with your comment 110%.

“Uzi Does It”

Since: Nov 08

UZILAND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2010

Judged:

Chopswell wrote:
Wish they had capital punishment in Iowa.
I think your soft education made you stupid.

Crime has been decreasing since the 1990s in this country, this information is available at US DOJ Bureau of Justice Statistics. Additionally, if you go to the www.fbi.gov website, they report that the last three years have shown dramatic decreases in crimes of all kinds including murder.

“Uzi Does It”

UZILAND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2010

Judged:

unknown wrote:
<quoted text>
You are absolutely right!! If it was Texas he wouldn't have a chance. He deserves everything that is givin' to him. I agree with your comment 110%.
I would have said, "Ha, another idiot", but I saw you were from Iowa and it was then that I realized that would have been a redundant statement.
Ginny

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2010

this is really scarey to think u can't stop and rest for any reason , with out finding someone dead or putting ur self at risk , prayers goes out to his family and maybe the killer will get what he deserves, (his life taken) ,whats wrong with people

“Uzi Does It”

UZILAND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2010

Judged:

Ginny wrote:
this is really scarey to think u can't stop and rest for any reason , with out finding someone dead or putting ur self at risk ,
What, are you some sort of atheist?
Un Known

Titonka, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2010

Judged:

that guy that killed Mr.McAdam must be a sycotic or mental or somthing. We should bring in the inexpensive and human death penalty.
Dan

Staunton, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2010

I think they should hand his killer over to his frineds and family, like me.... He will be missed and I hope that this son of a ..... rots in prison for the rest of his life if there is no death penalty. It's a shame he gets to live...YES I am bitter about it..

“Uzi Does It”

UZILAND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2010

Judged:

Un Known wrote:
that guy that killed Mr.McAdam must be a sycotic or mental or somthing. We should bring in the inexpensive and human death penalty.
Actually, the death penalty should be abolished before it gets used as means of clearing the planet of dunces.
Bobert

Des Moines, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2010

Richard_ wrote:
<quoted text>What, are you some sort of atheist?
I like pies.
David

Pella, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2010

I have had the privilege of speaking with some rest stop workers in the past. They do a great job at a highly exposed location. They are just making a living serving people, I am sorry for the loss of this family.
un known

Titonka, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2010

i just hope that his family and frinds are ok but this isn't somethink you just get over. And for this Rutt's guy i hope he eather rots in prison or he gets the death penalty and i would prefer the death penalty. He had no problem takeing jeff's life why should we not give him what he did too jeff. my question is is he mental and why did he have a gun in the first place and if he is mental why is he a truck driver he could of killed anyone on the road. He better get more than 50 years in prison.
Cyclone Fan

Fairfield, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2010

un known wrote:
i just hope that his family and frinds are ok but this isn't somethink you just get over. And for this Rutt's guy i hope he eather rots in prison or he gets the death penalty and i would prefer the death penalty. He had no problem takeing jeff's life why should we not give him what he did too jeff. my question is is he mental and why did he have a gun in the first place and if he is mental why is he a truck driver he could of killed anyone on the road. He better get more than 50 years in prison.
Where in the article does it say anything about the man that was arrested being a truck driver?

“Uzi Does It”

UZILAND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2010

Cyclone Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Where in the article does it say anything about the man that was arrested being a truck driver?
Not only that, but where does it say that the man who was arrested has been convicted?
mesj

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2010

Judged:

Richard......Are you son of Hitler or what. Stick your UZI where you used to have brains.

“Uzi Does It”

UZILAND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2010

Judged:

mesj wrote:
Richard......Are you son of Hitler or what. Stick your UZI where you used to have brains.
Iowans aren't that bright, so I'll forgive your short bus mentality.
Rooyn

Grinnell, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2010

Wow...this is a tragic situation and so many of you are just plain weird. Prayers to Mr. McAdam's family.
wow

Des Moines, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2010

prsumed guilt with just a hint of mob mentality.
You scare me!

“Uzi Does It”

UZILAND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2010

wow wrote:
prsumed guilt with just a hint of mob mentality.
You scare me!
I know, it's rampant everywhere I read threads where someone is accused of something.

As far as we know, the accused may have have a self defense claim, maybe not. He may even be the wrong guy.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Violent Crime Forum right now

Search the Violent Crime Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Felony charges dismissed against Charleston att... 3 hr rah roh 4
With jury selection set to begin, self-defense ... 3 hr J Gacy 3
Man,', fatally shot at Detroit party store 3 hr Mat Dillon 3
Orange County sheriff's homicide unit proud of ... (Jan '08) 5 hr carl 5
Supreme Court allows Arizona execution to proceed 14 hr RustyS 1
Pennington pleads innocent (Jan '08) 15 hr JKCK 24
Appeals court reverses Cindy George's murder co... (Mar '07) 19 hr annieMT 465
•••
•••