Gun enthusiasts decry new controls passed by NY

Jan 16, 2013 Full story: WSFA-TV Montgomery 47

15, 2013, in Albany, N.Y. . Assemblyman Joseph Lentol, D-Brooklyn, debates New York's Secure Ammunition and Firearms Enforcement Act before a vote in the Assembly Chamber at the Capitol on Tuesday, Jan.

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Feb 09

Lake Havasu City, AZ

#1 Jan 16, 2013
Next thing New York will try to tax coming in to the city.....

Nice move Governor...

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#2 Jan 16, 2013
Bonhomme Richard wrote:
Nice move Governor...
You're in Arizona, what do you care?

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#3 Jan 16, 2013
Bonhomme Richard wrote:
Nice move Governor...
They already do if you go by car. Have you seen the tolls on the roads and bridges surrounding that city? Outrageous.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#4 Jan 16, 2013
This Bill was rammed through the Senate and Assembly at such great speed that they don't even know what it entails. Cuomo was practically drooling as he signed it turning our Rights into so much virtual toilet paper. There are so many limitations in this Bill that we are all made into criminals in one way or another by it. 95% of guns owned by people are covered in this legislation by either magazine capacity or other features. Your trusty .22 rifle can be technically considered an assault weapon by their logic. What a total crock of crap.
jim

Albany, NY

#5 Jan 16, 2013
I think my .22 rifle holds more than 10 rounds per clip. Will have to check it.
jim

Albany, NY

#6 Jan 16, 2013
I'm not from pittsfield, MA. Albany
sheepleloveroyal ty

Bryn Mawr, PA

#7 Jan 16, 2013
PROfessional Republican politicians couldn't even keep the vote close. The only caveat that would've played out in the courts and at the county level anyway was the privacy of gun owners. I'm surprised the professional NY Republican politicians came so cheap.

I can undertand accepting some of the bans as part of political horse trading but registration ie making criminals out of now legal gun owners?

The agenda sheeple already used the late night legislative session tactic to pass Obama Care and now they have used it again here with success. They will use it again. The professional Republican politicians better build up their endurance.
epitome

Silver City, NM

#8 Jan 16, 2013
Have Seen It Before wrote:
This Bill was rammed through the Senate and Assembly at such great speed that they don't even know what it entails. Cuomo was practically drooling as he signed it turning our Rights into so much virtual toilet paper. There are so many limitations in this Bill that we are all made into criminals in one way or another by it. 95% of guns owned by people are covered in this legislation by either magazine capacity or other features. Your trusty .22 rifle can be technically considered an assault weapon by their logic. What a total crock of crap.
sorry you have such a coward as govenor evey one heard than nut case sceaming and yelling on his soap box . i bet that coward is protected by armed guards yet wont let school kids be instead he want your gun
epitome

Silver City, NM

#9 Jan 16, 2013
obama i cant say much about while he is president one has to have respect for ones president even if they didnt vote for him.

the new york govenor is not my govenor so i dont need to respect him and can say what i think of him .i understand though that new york state people should not show disrespecrt for their govenor .because that undermines their government

sheepleloveroyal ty

Bryn Mawr, PA

#10 Jan 16, 2013
obarna vomit wrote:
<quoted text>
You're in Arizona, what do you care?
Potential national and/or presidential candidates pushing bills like this through need the attention now and not 6 months before the next big election.
Larry

Stowe, VT

#11 Jan 16, 2013
Bonhomme Richard wrote:
Nice move Governor...
Uh, New York City and New York State are really two different places. There's the good people of "upstate" and that sewer down by Joisey.

As far as this writer is concerned, Noo Yawk City can float off into the ocean tomorrow, and I won't miss it one bit.
Larry

Stowe, VT

#12 Jan 16, 2013
epitome wrote:
obama i cant say much about while he is president one has to have respect for ones president even if they didnt vote for him.
the new york govenor is not my govenor so i dont need to respect him and can say what i think of him .i understand though that new york state people should not show disrespecrt for their govenor .because that undermines their government
You show respect for the OFFICE of President or Governor. I hate Ostupid with every fiber of my being. However, should any occasion arise where I am in the same room I would extend my hand and say "It's an honor to meet you, Mr President." Because it's always an honor to meet the PRESIDENT, not the occupant.
wow

Santa Fe, NM

#13 Jan 16, 2013
Larry wrote:
<quoted text>

I hate Ostupid with every fiber of my being..
what a nut
Larry

Stowe, VT

#14 Jan 16, 2013
wow wrote:
<quoted text>
what a nut
People hated George W Bush just as much and that was fine?
Flags and Fireworks

United States

#15 Jan 16, 2013
Good thing me and my buddies stocked up. We all knew Obama would come for our guns. Rush has been saying it ever since Obama got elected. There's millions of guns out there. And now we hear Germany is pulling their gold out of the Federal Reserve in NYC. The big crash and destruction of the currency is on the horizon. Survival is the only option.
another

Santa Fe, NM

#16 Jan 16, 2013
Flags and Fireworks wrote:
Good thing me and my buddies stocked up. We all knew Obama would come for our guns. Rush has been saying it ever since Obama got elected. There's millions of guns out there. And now we hear Germany is pulling their gold out of the Federal Reserve in NYC. The big crash and destruction of the currency is on the horizon. Survival is the only option.
gullible lunatic.
Flags and Fireworks

United States

#17 Jan 16, 2013
Gullible is thinking you can deindustrialize, put everyone on welfare, and run deficits forever without the whole thing crashing into the mud.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#18 Jan 17, 2013
Did you read this morning where China has leased land on the Canadian Border and has put a military-base there? They will have 20,000 troops and 128 aircraft at the base by the end of February.
Flags and Fireworks

Danielson, CT

#19 Jan 17, 2013
obarna vomit wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you read this morning where China has leased land on the Canadian Border and has put a military-base there? They will have 20,000 troops and 128 aircraft at the base by the end of February.
You're a troll, a liar, and an idiot.
RedBone

Brooklyn, NY

#20 Jan 17, 2013
<quoted text>
You're a troll, a liar, and an idiot.
Would you believe Rush Limbaugh?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Thousands attend 8-hour wake for slain NYC officer 3 hr Jeff Brightone 12
Chicagoa s 2014 murder total on track for anoth... 5 hr joey 2
Third Bandido arrested in motorcycle bar shooting 21 hr he who knocks 4
Pat Howard: Body cameras would serve both citiz... Fri Zugzwang 5
Video backs self-defense claim in Berkeley, MO,... Fri dont trust a hipster 4
D.C. police investigate two officer-involved sh... Fri Sunshine 1
Santa Ana jury convicts two men of gang-related... (Jul '07) Fri vEWRX3 1,136
More from around the web