Woman Killed In Accidental Shooting

Woman Killed In Accidental Shooting

There are 48 comments on the Cincypost.Com story from Dec 7, 2009, titled Woman Killed In Accidental Shooting. In it, Cincypost.Com reports that:

Kentucky State Police said Veronica Hubbard of the Stinett community in Leslie County died Sunday afternoon after she was hit with a blast from a 12-guage shotgun.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Cincypost.Com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
roseydoes

Lancaster, WI

#41 Dec 27, 2009
confused wrote:
<quoted text>
I HARDLY think they see the whole thing as a victory! YOU seem to be the misguided one my friend. 13 is too young for a gun...hell...sometimes adults aren't "adult" enough for a gun. You make me sick. What about saying "choosing the easy way out and blaming an object." If you didn't know, there is no "easy way out." Someone's mother, friend, family is gone. There is nothing easy about that.
It was most definitely an accident.
An accident caused because of a GUN.
Children should not need a gun, they shouldn't have to touch a gun.
I'm not against keeping a gun. But there has to be a level of maturity and responsibility reached before one should even lay hands on such a dangerous weapon.
This accident was NOT caused by a gun BUT was caused by a cop who should have known better than to have a loaded gun around children let alone let them handle the gun. I think this COP needs to be fired cause he should have had training that taught him better.
The Joker

United States

#42 Dec 28, 2009
A few years ago, a good friend of mine lost his child in the back yard swimming pool. Sad, to say the least!

Was it an adult's fault? Was it the fault of the pool? Should it have not been loaded with water?

Why did it happen?

Those questions will be ask time and again!

I got my first gun when I was 12. I was only allowed to take it out under strict adult supervision. I never had any accidents, nor did any of my many friends with their guns. We all were well supervised! It was the same with our ponys and later our horses.

The accident cannot be blamed on the Gun! If that be the case, you had better stay out of your car! Over 45,000 people lose their lives annually in this country due to Auto Accidents ..... Kentucky alone is up over 750 on the year! How many people have died as a result of a Gun accident? On a comparsion basis, well, its very very very small, and there are far more guns in Kentucky than there are cars.
Morgan Family

London, KY

#43 Dec 30, 2009
To veronica Family..I Am So Sorry About The Loss Of Veronica She was A Very Good And Loving Person She Made Alot Of Difference In Leslie Co people And was There For the people That Needed Help Especially Children And Mine Was Very Thankful For Her..They R Very sad And to Veronicas Children Sje Will Always Be In Ur Hearts And Be Strong And Hold up Your Heads You Will Meet Her Again SomeDay..Life Is Not asy But Gets Better In Time..
sheeba

Hays, KS

#44 Feb 18, 2013
confused wrote:
<quoted text>
An accident is the unintended result of an "action." Had there been no gun, there wouldn't have been the action or the accident that resulted in the woman's death.
I am not placing blame on anyone or any object. I am simply saying that gun control, and gun safety are things that need to be taken a whole hell of a lot more seriously in this country. People hold onto their ideas about guns because without the weapon we wouldn't have been able to found the United States.(Honestly though, settlers wouldn't have been able to hunt for survival, and we wouldn't have been able to take the land away from Native Americans as efficiently.)
Anyway, nowadays people claim that they keep guns in the home to protect their families, or to hunt...when in reality if a gun is in the home you are more likely to hurt someone in the family than an intruder. Fact.
I certainly hope that if you ever have an intruder in your home threatening the lives of your loved ones that your "reprehensible ignorance" is enough to convince the intruder to leave, apparently you do not fully understand the 2nd Amendment to the Constitution, by the way that is just below the 1st Amendment that has allowed you to showcase your lack of intelligence....
have

Hyden, KY

#45 Feb 18, 2013
sheeba wrote:
<quoted text>
I certainly hope that if you ever have an intruder in your home threatening the lives of your loved ones that your "reprehensible ignorance" is enough to convince the intruder to leave, apparently you do not fully understand the 2nd Amendment to the Constitution, by the way that is just below the 1st Amendment that has allowed you to showcase your lack of intelligence....
you noticed the ammo is hard to find .for the guns we have.?..
mee

Whitley City, KY

#46 Feb 18, 2013
Everytime I've went to buy ammo they are out! Is say it has to do with the gun control they are trying to pass, this is the first year I ever had to vote durning election on keeping the right to bear arms too! They must have known it was comming for them to add it to the ballots.
i am

Hyden, KY

#47 Feb 18, 2013
sure glad i have plenty to do me.but i always make my own.
Christian

Grovetown, GA

#48 Nov 7, 2013
Why does politics make people so stupid?
Close you called that person an Idiot then get mad when they called you a dumbass, Go figure. Guns should be kept in a safe place where kids cant get their hands on them.
PS Please quit politicking with this.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 4 dead in Waffle House shooting in Tennessee; s... 1 hr See The Light 50
News More 6 hr jack cass 2
News Waffle House suspect's ex-bosses asked FBI to k... 20 hr get a job 2
News Attorney: California police shot unarmed black ... 22 hr it is obvious 1
News If an assault weapons ban can't stop school sho... Wed southern at heart 941
News Nashville police arrest Waffle House shooting s... Tue FormerParatrooper 1
News Homicide rate in Knoxville, Knox County hits hi... Mon Grapedrankatania 12