Man gets seven years for murder

Man gets seven years for murder

There are 71 comments on the Texarkana Gazette story from Dec 16, 2006, titled Man gets seven years for murder. In it, Texarkana Gazette reports that:

Seven years is the most time Reggie Smith will serve for fatally shooting Christopher "Rudy" White, a Bowie County jury decided Friday after finding Smith guilty of first-degree murder the day before.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Texarkana Gazette.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Leah

United States

#1 Dec 17, 2006
This is just ridiculous! and very racist. How can this be justifed? How can a man get only seven years for first degree murder? I bet you if it was a black man killing a white man he wouldn't get seven years! and that is a fact! What an injustice!
Carol

Fort Smith, AR

#3 Dec 17, 2006
depends on how much money he has Yea right and who he knows to pay. Evil men will wax worse and worse.
HLA

Clyde, TX

#4 Dec 17, 2006
He should get life in prison not ony did he kill a man. He shot up a car that had a baby in it and pistol whiped another man.
Bobbie Smith

Forrest City, AR

#5 Jan 3, 2007
I would like to know how this man ended up with an all white jury to begin with...the alternate juror being black was just a token acknowledgement to that fact. This was a blatant example of the continued injustice in our society. Please, someone convince me that racism is not alive and well in the 21st century! Where is the outrage that we all should be feeling? When one of us is hurting, we all should feel the pain!!!!
Carol

Fort Smith, AR

#6 Jan 3, 2007
It seems it is alive Bobby and it seems stupid liberal judges are still at it.
T-McBride Dallas Texas

United States

#7 Jan 4, 2007
What is a black life worth in bowie county; I assure you that this is a case for the NAACP; Rev.Al Sharpten & Rev. Jesse Jackson would love to eat this alive. Also mother aganist murder victims is a good place to start too. There is no JUSTICE it is "JUST US". I have worked for TDCJ division in the state of texas and belive me when his fellow inmates find out what he did, he want last long at the unit. Please start watching CNN for the last few weeks the host has been airing racisum in america, last week the program was aired in Boumount Texas, last night it was about the racisum going on in the fire dept in los angles county.
Fiver B

Birmingham, AL

#8 Jan 4, 2007
"It seems it is alive Bobby and it seems stupid liberal judges are still at it."

Somehow I doubt a liberal judge did this....being a Texas case against a white killing a black, I guarantee a conservative white boy was at the bench that day.

This is fucking ridiculous....he assaulted two people, then killed someone because he was pissed off because he couldn't keep his woman happy and now this hot-headed idiot will be out of jail in four years ready to shoot some other innocent person.

My only hope is that someone shanks his ass in jail.
Chris

De Kalb, TX

#9 Jan 4, 2007
big bubba will deliver justice right up his ass.
Julie

Sherwood, AR

#10 Jan 4, 2007
The all WHITE JURY PANEL needs to put themselves in the mother's and family shoes. I PRAY there conscious eat the up... Anyone whom confess to be a Christian would not have made the unjust/unlawful decision. It also need to be re-tried for endangerment of a child. I pray it does not hit home for any of them for the wrong/prejudice sentence. In a small town like New Boston and Hooks it was fixed. "God is the Author and the Finisher"...
Becky

Pocola, OK

#11 Jan 4, 2007
Justice was not served for the victim and family. The jury panel was very UNJUST. This man killed a man whom never said a word to him or tried to harm him in any way. How can they only give him 7 years. They rewarded him for murder. He will only come out and kill again. The county of Bowie Texas has let this MONSTER Reggie Mason Smith get by with a cold blooded murder. There should also be aggrevated assault charges and engagement to a minor charge filed against this MURDER. People please lets voice our opinion. We pray everyday this never happens to our family. This is a prime example of why of crime rate and murder rate are up so high now. Please pray for the victims family because there was no justice for them. The phrase DON'T MESS WITH TEXAS (Bowie county has put it shame)
Dianna

Hope, AR

#12 Jan 4, 2007
How can a man get 7 years for murder and be out in three and one-half years. This is ridiculous. A drug dealer gets a longer term than that. This man had connection. His ex-wife is just as guilty of murder as he is. She called the black guy to her house and she knew she was not going to be there and knew her evil ex-husband was going to be there. She knew if he did something stupid, he would go to jail and be out of her life. Therefore, she should get some time. God is going to fix her. I hope and pray that this haunts her for the rest of her life. Justice was not served. If it had been the other way around, Chris would not have had a fair trail. He would not have had a all black jury and would have gotten life in prison or the death penalty.
Laura L

Texarkana, AR

#13 Jan 4, 2007
I hope he dies of hemmorage of the butthole in jail.
sarah

Pocola, OK

#15 Jan 5, 2007
Come on people! A jury has given people more time for cruelty to animal charges than what they gave this man Reggie Smith for MURDER. That's no justice. The courts gave a MURDER a pat on the back for cold blood murder case...but God has the final decision.
Chris

De Kalb, TX

#16 Jan 5, 2007
he gets out in 3.5 if he is a good little boy while he is there. concidering he has a history of being violent and stupid he probably wont get out.
by the way he aint going to jail, he's going to PRISON, in jail your anus is pretty safe, in PRISON it belongs to your big black cell mate that knows you just murdered a black man because he was black. sweet dreams reggie smith, keep your butthole tight.
GRACE FROM LA

Neenah, WI

#17 Jan 5, 2007
OH HELL NO WHO DIS THIS MAN KNOW THAT HE CAN GET AWAY WITH MUDER LIKE THAT
Bob not Prejudice

Sherwood, AR

#18 Jan 9, 2007
The Judge, Lawyer, ALL WHITE jury panel was all in this together. Be careful ALL of you will "Reap What You Sow"... What about the endangerment to child???? What about it People (Justice System)???
mzmer

United States

#19 Jan 9, 2007
Oh, man. This is unbelievable. The shooter was already a convicted felon. What the hell are these people thinking? This is Texas. Where they like to strap scum like this to the gurney. I hope someone gets him in prison.
thinking out loud

Decatur, GA

#20 Jan 9, 2007
Now all he has to do is survive for the next 7-8 years in prison.
mzmer

United States

#21 Jan 10, 2007
This just pisses me off. I knew there was some important reason I hate Texas. What a bunch of uncivilized scum. Texans- be ashamed.
Katy

Texarkana, AR

#22 Jan 10, 2007
mzmer wrote:
Oh, man. This is unbelievable. The shooter was already a convicted felon. What the hell are these people thinking? This is Texas. Where they like to strap scum like this to the gurney. I hope someone gets him in prison.
Not only that but the victim had a kid in the back seat!!! Didn't stop this racist ashole.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Angela-Chanselor neighborhood in Pomona sees re... (Apr '13) 20 hr neSiO lOcO PSO GANG 25
News Alleged gang member pleads not guilty in Upland... (Jan '09) Sat DezNDaniel 13
News June trial date set in murder case Sat yes 2
News Brooklyn man sentenced to 23 years to life in p... Sat Gosht71 5
News Video figures into appeal of convicted murderer... (Aug '08) Sat BillH 144
News Jury awards $15.5 million to Kevin Fox and his ... (Dec '07) Sat Unknown 66
News Man charged with the murder of his girlfriend (Feb '12) Fri Tracy Adams 17
More from around the web