'Silence' hampers cases in Cicero

'Silence' hampers cases in Cicero

There are 6 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Sep 20, 2007, titled 'Silence' hampers cases in Cicero. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Carol Sauseda still cries for her son, a former Marine who was gunned down at a Cicero tavern on New Year's Day 2006.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Jeff Grant

Hinsdale, IL

#1 Sep 25, 2007
Good article.
the brave one

United States

#2 Oct 4, 2007
my grandson was murdered march 17 2007 on 31st and laramie. i was told the same thing as mrs, sauseda whom my heart goes out to. i am out everyday talking to people and there is no one who wants to talk so this case may go cold also.my problem is the detectives. some become desensitized and start treating the the victims families like criminals. i refuse to let this go and i will find justice if it kills me.
cicero lies

United States

#3 Oct 4, 2007
tell larry dominick to replace those hundred signs that read cicero gang free zone to cicero gang infested zone. there are 2,000 self admitted gang members who reside in cicero. what the hell are the police or the president doing to get them the hell out of here.? if they need some help helpi have a perfect plan
Not happy

Cicero, IL

#4 May 8, 2013
It is not just the silence! The lazy Cicero Police Department is practically unlikely to respond to a terrorist bombing, let alone a shooting, a burglary, graffiti, and all those big nuisances that gangs cause. When they do respond, all they ever do is have a little chit-chat with the victims and they don't even try to catch suspects. They do NOT even dust for fingerprints at crime scenes!

Seriously! No wonder there are 21 confirmed gangs in Cicero!:(
Not happy

Cicero, IL

#5 May 8, 2013
And pretty much everyone in Cicero knows about the critical laziness of the Cicero Police Department.
Not happy

Cicero, IL

#6 May 8, 2013
Man, can I not wait to get the blazes out of Cicero!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 18-year-old accused in deadly southeast Missour... 1 hr tonesha 3
News Brandon Cochran of Rochester charged in two hom... (Sep '10) 3 hr KNOWOFYOURBUSSINESS 24
News Suspects arraigned in Lowell murder (Sep '09) 12 hr Truth 91
News Four arrested in uptown protests after Keith Sc... 14 hr ThomasA 4
NBI PHILIPPINES - http://nbi.gov.ph (Nov '07) 17 hr margaritte 226
News Shaun Dowdy arrested at his home Tuesday night. (Feb '09) Thu Dubz 10
News DA to announce whether charges will be sought i... Wed Go Blue Forever 1
More from around the web