Teen shoots self at school

Teen shoots self at school

There are 64 comments on the Jacksonsun.com story from Jan 25, 2007, titled Teen shoots self at school. In it, Jacksonsun.com reports that:

SAVANNAH - For the second Wednesday in a row, the words 'Code 4' locked down Hardin County High School and had law enforcement scrambling onto the campus here when a 17-year-old student shot himself in a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Jacksonsun.com.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
duncan peters

Olive Branch, MS

#1 Jan 25, 2007
I am a freshman at hardin county high school, i remember sitting in class, about to take a test, whe they came on the intercom and said, "attention code 4", then we were supposed to turn the lights off and lock the door. me and my freinds weren't really worried about it untill one of my freinds called their parents and they said, a studend was shot. after that about half the school left for the day. we thought somebodyin the school shooting people.
angry

United States

#2 Jan 29, 2007
Iam a parent of a child at Hardin County High School and am very disturbed about this incident. this could have been a massacre this boy could have went into that school and started shooting other people.
the security at that school is 1 cop to 1200 students and this officer sits down 90% of the time and does nothing. I know this first hand because i have had 4 kids in this school so far.
this is a high school and these are teenagers we are dealing with and there must be some kind of messures taken even if metal detectors have to be put in to save or childrens lives. Even though this is a small county school this does not amke every thing ok and safe.I PRAY THEY DO SOMETHING TO PREVENT THIS BEFORE SOMEONE ELES IS SERIOUSLY HURT OR KILLED BY ANOTHER STUDENT OR SOME ANGRY OUT OF CONTROL PERSON.
Ruth A Vives

Marianna, FL

#3 Jan 29, 2007
I am a grandparent of a student at this school and I am also disturbed about this. What is being done?? How did the gun get into the school??? Does anyone have any answers???
sluggo

Augusta, GA

#4 Jan 29, 2007
Its a damn good thing this boy shot himself.

had he waited a little bit
the police would have.
somewere in savannah

United States

#5 Jan 29, 2007
well i think it was awful this boy had brought a gun to school, and what he had done, but what i mostly think about is what if he had done this anywere else? Dont get me wrong im not sticking up for him but if he had done it anywere else what if he hadn't been found, what if nobody was there to help him then he might be dead today.
somewere in savannah

United States

#7 Jan 30, 2007
yeah well we are not talking about RUSSIANS, we are talking about a young kid who had some kind of serious problems to were he felt the only thing he had to do was take his life. and like i said it was wrong but if he did it anywere else were would he be now?
somewere in savannah

United States

#10 Jan 30, 2007
Im not sure who you are or what kind of point your trying to make but this is a boys life were talking about, so what give you the right to even try to be harsh or joke about this?
somewere in savannah

United States

#11 Jan 30, 2007
Ok first of all read the article before trying to say a thing. Instead of saying anything you should be praying for this boy and his family.
somewere in savannah

United States

#13 Jan 30, 2007
Barksdale wrote:
al-Qaida officers die in war. So do American officers. Recall that for this boy you are crying over, probably several American lieutenants and captains died.
The kid was an al-Qaida Colonel. As far as we know, the kid won the al-Qaida Medal of Honor. He was a combat hero. Why cry over the heroes of our enemies.
Recall that American officers line up enemy every night, and as they try to escape by running off, the American officers order them to be shot, on the run. The American belt-fed machine guns bark lightly, as they cut down the insurgent terrorist bastards and their small children attempting to help them escape American justice.
Get with the program, or prepare to hear the barking of American guns.
Oh yes very nice, I will applaud you for stupidness!!! You know what we are not here to listen to you just try and stike up a conversataion about war.( you can find another page for that. I'm pretty sure!) This is got to do with a problem of some people today that need someone to listen to then and someone that they can talk to and count on. There is no need for you to try and put a comment in here to come in here a say a word about anybody, especially when its you need help!! And if you really want to know if it will help you sleep better tonight, this "kid" was AMERICAN!
somewere in savannah

United States

#15 Jan 30, 2007
Let me tell you something like I cry elsewere and yes he is AMERICAN I know I go to school with him. So dont open your mouth again unless you know what your talking about!!! Go cry somewere else there is more than war going on in this world, and it really seems like alot of people are forget this!!! No wonder people feel alone its people like you that have a brain for nothing else, and nobody will listen!!! If you would shup up and listen we might have more help in this world!
somewere in savannah

United States

#17 Jan 30, 2007
Are you kidding me? You are really that ignorant to think that is what I'm here to talk about? Man, You REALLY do need some help. Well you just wait right ther and I'll be back to find you a web site or a chat room because this is not that, This is about worring about the kids inside of America right now, we need to focuse on them for a while!
somewere in savannah

United States

#19 Jan 30, 2007
Ok theres a little place around here we call QUINCO. Maybe YOU should try it!! Its for mental help.
Anonymous

Olive Branch, MS

#21 Jan 30, 2007
Here are the facts. This kid had a hitlist with 8 people on it that he posted on his myspace page along with a suicide note the morning of the incident, which has since then been deleted. Who cares if he is an American or not, he intended to kill not only himself but eight others. This kid has a sick mind and a sick heart. He deserves whatever punishment he gets.
savannah mom

Clarksville, TN

#22 Jan 30, 2007
Anonymous wrote:
Here are the facts. This kid had a hitlist with 8 people on it that he posted on his myspace page along with a suicide note the morning of the incident, which has since then been deleted. Who cares if he is an American or not, he intended to kill not only himself but eight others. This kid has a sick mind and a sick heart. He deserves whatever punishment he gets.
I'm curious, did you read the hitlist or suicide note on myspace. I would like to know the names on the hitlist.
somewere in savannah

United States

#23 Jan 31, 2007
Anonymous wrote:
First Of all how do ou know these "facts"? When nobody else who actually does live in this town have about this?
boogert

Palo Alto, CA

#24 Jan 31, 2007
I understand that it is difficult to avoid responding to the dumb asses that post on these forums, but you really must try. Avoid sinking to the level of these trolls and the vomit that they spew. They're idiots. To much time on thier hands and way too much access to Mom and Dad's computer. Dumb ass little punks. My heart goes out to this young man's family and I hope that he pulls through this.
somewere in savannah

United States

#25 Jan 31, 2007
I thank you that is what i have been trying to tell them on here. That this is a very sad situation and I know it was very wrong for what he had did, and that he had brought a gun to school, but what if he would have done it any were else then he might not have been found and then he would have died. There was no list made he was not out to harm anyone else so were that comes from i dont know but i do know i have relatives that go to school with him. It was very wrong that that gun was brought in that school and Im defenitaly not sticking up for him. Him and his family needs lots of pray, and thank God that this boy is alive.
savannah mom

Clarksville, TN

#26 Jan 31, 2007
I know this family & would never suspect this boy to do such a thing! I always thought he wasn't very mature for his age.
I heard these things were on his myspace, but I could not find them; and if someone saw it before the shooting, they should of reported it to the authorities.
I think this was a cry for help, doing this at school among people. If he really meant to do this for a point of death, why not use a bigger weapon or do this at another location where nobody was around & he wouldn't be found as fast. If he does pull thru without major medical disabilities, he will never be allowed back in the school system. This was very wrong of him to bring a gun in school.
I know he is responding to his family at this time. We should keep this family in our prayers.
freshman mom

Clarksville, TN

#27 Jan 31, 2007
i would also like to know if there was a so called"hitlist" my child is slowly getting back to routine it has been very difficult for her. my mind is on her every minute of the day. i recieved a call from the school yesterday while i was out and i thought "oh no" this child had his problems and was very much in need of help. but he has affected me and my family forever. you worry about your children but i never thought this would happen. there was a school meeting monday night for correct information on the shooting and questions. every question was asked but that one. Was he wanting to hurt someone else? that was in my mind but i didn't ask. i didn't think it would be answered and to tell you the truth was alittle scared of the answer. Because we are in a whole new ballgame if he actually wanted to hurt someone else. i know he brought a gun and that terrifies me. but was there actually a hitlist? i viewed his my space page i didn't see one. but i was not a on his friends list so therefor couldn't see all his comments unless i didn't know how to access it. i do know the myspace page is not pulling up now. if anyone knows anything please report it.
another savannah mom

United States

#28 Jan 31, 2007
i also heard there was a hit list, but of course you hear everything.
i missed the town meeting, i would love to get a run down of it if you would be so kind, freshman mom.
i am so sorry your daughter is having a hard time~!
his myspace page was deleted the friday after the incident. there was no hit list on his myspace page when i viewed it several times thursday.
i heard the hit list was on his home computer.
again, you hear everything so i am not saying this is fact.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Black Lives Matter* (Oct '15) 15 min Go Blue Forever 1,888
News Man shoots self after hostage-taking, standoff,... (Sep '09) 1 hr April 13
News San Francisco police chief releases more racist... 2 hr Julie Jane 1
News Shooting suspect stole woman's car during robbe... 4 hr Sneaky Pete 1
News Man Accused of Shooting at Rochester Police Off... 5 hr Yankee Dave 8
News Pregnant woman shot, learning to walk again 17 hr commenters 1
News Binghamton man charged in 2010 murder on Longa Thu Cletus 4
More from around the web