Supporters rally for Detroit-area woman shot dead ...

Nov 7, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WHTC

Supporters of a 19-year-old suburban Detroit woman who was shot dead last week at a home where she sought help after a car accident held a rally in her honor on Thursday evening amid questions about what could have lead to her death.

Comments
1 - 20 of 141 Comments Last updated Nov 18, 2013
First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Pete

Livonia, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Nov 8, 2013
 

Judged:

1

I can't be shocked that Dearborn Heights would stall and try to obfuscate the facts of the case, particularly because of the race of the victim. The information was so sparse that even Kim Worthy did not immediately approve of a charge. She did not know what to charge-murder, manslaughter, unlawful discharge, hate crime, etc. She will charge something. DH won't be able to shuffle this away.

It's interesting that the homeowner/shooter did not call 911. That call came from a neighbor. Also, one report is that the body was at least temporarily dragged away from the porch so it could be found elsewhere and appear to have been dumped.

Detroit and now Dearborn are big news nationally.
Conspiracies Abound

Brooklyn, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Nov 8, 2013
 
Pete, the laws are slanted in favor of property owners who undoubtedly have the legal right to be on their property and defend their.

Perhaps Worthy sent the arrest warrant request back because there is no evidence the homeowner violated any laws?

Without having 90% of the facts, and I must question the veracity of the 10% put out by the family, we're running on nothing more than rumors or speculations.

Which is fine, as long as both sides play by the same rules.
kev

Mishawaka, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Nov 8, 2013
 
Where did this inside info come from before true facts r known.?This to me is premature to speculate. Where does race play into this? I am sure if unjust homicide happened, charges will be forthcoming. I wasn't there along with others.i have no idea where info came from of body being dragged etc.
Pete

Livonia, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Nov 8, 2013
 
Conspiracies Abound wrote:
Pete, the laws are slanted in favor of property owners who undoubtedly have the legal right to be on their property and defend their.
Perhaps Worthy sent the arrest warrant request back because there is no evidence the homeowner violated any laws?
Without having 90% of the facts, and I must question the veracity of the 10% put out by the family, we're running on nothing more than rumors or speculations.
Which is fine, as long as both sides play by the same rules.
Law enforcement did go to Kim Worthy. She made a public statement that there was not enough evidence to charge at this time. That happens all the time. More evidence is presented and cases continue. When stories pop up in the news, we never have first hand facts. As members of the public, we are free to speculate and entertain possibilities. If we waited until all the facts were in, there would be nothing of interest posted here.
The Duke of Earl

Mount Clemens, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Nov 8, 2013
 
We can only hope that it was an African that shot this girl so al and Jessie can stay home. Crime stats being what they are, what do you expect when an African pounds on your door at 2:30 in the morning. They are not selling Girl Scout Cookie's.
lil ole me

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Nov 8, 2013
 
The Duke of Earl wrote:
We can only hope that it was an African that shot this girl so al and Jessie can stay home. Crime stats being what they are, what do you expect when an African pounds on your door at 2:30 in the morning. They are not selling Girl Scout Cookie's.
The dead woman was not African. She was American.
Brian Adam

Elizabeth, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Nov 8, 2013
 
Sorry to read about and way to be incensed...whatta f#%king joke. You can't even budget outrage lmbo. This is a cause celebre (assuming these shines are familiar with the term)...not the waste, fraud, embezzlement , graft, corruption, jury tampering, mismanagement, all of the irreversible consequences of the tirefire of local government of Spooktown for the last six decades (Gribbs and Cavanagh included). We need Eugenics, Social Darwinism, more single, double, multiple automobile fatalities. Drone strike, strafe, etc the illiterate, intransigent, untutored, unfailingly violent, useless minority mouthbreathers in that city. That375 city is f#%king bulls%(t.
kev

Mishawaka, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Nov 8, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Brian Adam wrote:
Sorry to read about and way to be incensed...whatta f#%king joke. You can't even budget outrage lmbo. This is a cause celebre (assuming these shines are familiar with the term)...not the waste, fraud, embezzlement , graft, corruption, jury tampering, mismanagement, all of the irreversible consequences of the tirefire of local government of Spooktown for the last six decades (Gribbs and Cavanagh included). We need Eugenics, Social Darwinism, more single, double, multiple automobile fatalities. Drone strike, strafe, etc the illiterate, intransigent, untutored, unfailingly violent, useless minority mouthbreathers in that city. That375 city is f#%king bulls%(t.
Could u please translate into layman's terms?
Conspiracies Abound

Brooklyn, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Nov 9, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

The Duke of Earl wrote:
We can only hope that it was an African that shot this girl so al and Jessie can stay home. Crime stats being what they are, what do you expect when an African pounds on your door at 2:30 in the morning. They are not selling Girl Scout Cookie's.


There is no evidence she was knocking on the door. The homeowner's lawyer issued a statement that the homeowner "was awoken at 3:30 to the sounds of a person or persons trying to gain entry"

That whole "knocked on the door looking for help" was unfounded speculation put out by the family.

At 1:30 am, 2 hours before Renisha McBride was shot and killed, for unknown reasons, she careened her car into the back end of a parked car. The impact was quite severe.

The owner of the car whose car she rammed told WDIV he called 911 to get Renisha an ambulance, since he had observed she suffered lacerations and was purportedly bleeding on her head.
The identified man told WDIV that Renisha fled the scene, not wanting interaction with the police.

It makes no sense that she would leave the scene where "help" was already en route, to seek help from strangers in an entirely different community.

If she had a head injury, she MAY HAVE became disoriented and found herself at the shooters house thinking she was home or at a relatives. This could explain why she was trying to make entry into the home.
There is no evidence or indication she was at his doorstep physically knocking on his door.

Whatever the case may be, the homeowner said he firmly believed intruders were trying to make illegal entry and his actions were justified -- according to the lawyer's statement.

Under that narrative, which is probably entirely true, I can't prove it's not true, he is immune from criminal and civil prosecution.

It's sad that a young lady lost her life, particularly if she was wandering aimlessly with a closed head injury, but not every death is a crime.
Conspiracies Abound

Brooklyn, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Nov 9, 2013
 
=== Heavy emphasis on: "(a) The individual against whom deadly force or force other than deadly force is used is in the process of breaking and entering a dwelling or business premises or committing home invasion..." ====

MCL 780.951 -- Individual using deadly force or force other than deadly force; presumption; definitions.
Sec. 1.

(1) Except as provided in subsection (2), it is a rebuttable presumption in a civil or criminal case that an individual who uses deadly force or force other than deadly force under section 2 of the self-defense act has an honest and reasonable belief that imminent death of, sexual assault of, or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another individual will occur if both of the following apply:

(a) The individual against whom deadly force or force other than deadly force is used is in the process of breaking and entering a dwelling or business premises or committing home invasion or has broken and entered a dwelling or business premises or committed home invasion and is still present in the dwelling or business premises, or is unlawfully attempting to remove another individual from a dwelling, business premises, or occupied vehicle against his or her will.

(b) The individual using deadly force or force other than deadly force honestly and reasonably believes that the individual is engaging in conduct described in subdivision (a).

(2) The presumption set forth in subsection (1) does not apply if any of the following circumstances exist:

(a) The individual against whom deadly force or force other than deadly force is used, including an owner, lessee, or titleholder, has the legal right to be in the dwelling, business premises, or vehicle and there is not an injunction for protection from domestic violence or a written pretrial supervision order, a probation order, or a parole order of no contact against that person.

(b) The individual removed or being removed from the dwelling, business premises, or occupied vehicle is a child or grandchild of, or is otherwise in the lawful custody of or under the lawful guardianship of, the individual against whom deadly force or force other than deadly force is used.

(c) The individual who uses deadly force or force other than deadly force is engaged in the commission of a crime or is using the dwelling, business premises, or occupied vehicle to further the commission of a crime.

(d) The individual against whom deadly force or force other than deadly force is used is a peace officer who has entered or is attempting to enter a dwelling, business premises, or vehicle in the performance of his or her official duties in accordance with applicable law.

(e) The individual against whom deadly force or force other than deadly force is used is the spouse or former spouse of the individual using deadly force or force other than deadly force, an individual with whom the individual using deadly force or other than deadly force has or had a dating relationship, an individual with whom the individual using deadly force or other than deadly force has had a child in common, or a resident or former resident of his or her household, and the individual using deadly force or other than deadly force has a prior history of domestic violence as the aggressor.
kev

Mishawaka, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Nov 9, 2013
 
There r different scenarios where deadly force can be used. In August 2012 in taylor there was bicyclist hit by a truck. Truck stopped . Homeless Bicyclist got up and hit guy through truck window repeatedly. Truck owner had 357 magnum and shot bicyclist dead. He was initially arrssted by taylor police. Next day he was let out after police taoked to witnesses etc. As far as i know he was never charged.
This of course is a tragedy in both situations. This is where expertise is used by prosecutor to determine if charges r applicable here.
Obskeptic

Southfield, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Nov 10, 2013
 
With all the murders that have occurred in the city in the last month, the selective faux outrage that the black community is faking on this one is for no other purpose then to foment racial tensions and promote celebrity status for a select few.
al sharp tongue

Mount Clemens, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Nov 10, 2013
 
Obskeptic wrote:
With all the murders that have occurred in the city in the last month, the selective faux outrage that the black community is faking on this one is for no other purpose then to foment racial tensions and promote celebrity status for a select few.
Just @iqqers doing what they do best, being @iqqers.
48 Hours Fan

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Nov 10, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

1

Obskeptic wrote:
With all the murders that have occurred in the city in the last month, the selective faux outrage that the black community is faking on this one is for no other purpose then to foment racial tensions and promote celebrity status for a select few.
You are absolutely right about this. They only care about their people when white people are involved. It puts all of them on the news.

There can be 50 blacks killed by 50 blacks every day in Detroit and you won't see Al and Jessie anywhere. Plus, there won't be any marches for any of those people.

You know why? Because they are scared to death of their own people. They don't snitch on their own. But they sure find their voice when a white person is involved. Even if they don't know the whole story. They aren't as scared of the whites as they claim to be. They know whites won't fight back. And the liberal news media will run this story into the ground.

EVERYONE knows their game now. Nobody that is sane agrees with their tactics.
Obskeptic

Berkley, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Nov 10, 2013
 
48 Hours Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
You are absolutely right about this. They only care about their people when white people are involved. It puts all of them on the news.
There can be 50 blacks killed by 50 blacks every day in Detroit and you won't see Al and Jessie anywhere. Plus, there won't be any marches for any of those people.
You know why? Because they are scared to death of their own people. They don't snitch on their own. But they sure find their voice when a white person is involved. Even if they don't know the whole story. They aren't as scared of the whites as they claim to be. They know whites won't fight back. And the liberal news media will run this story into the ground.
EVERYONE knows their game now. Nobody that is sane agrees with their tactics.
There's no shortage of the insane nowadays, is there? Or the selfish and greedy, or the race baiting fools, or the poverty pimps! Al and Jesse are about as close to God as the short hairs on my ass are. They are disgusting opportunists.
Obskeptic

Berkley, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Nov 10, 2013
 
Among the major worker groups, the unemployment rates for adult men
(7.0 percent), adult women (6.4 percent), teenagers (22.2 percent),
whites (6.3 percent), blacks (13.1 percent), and Hispanics (9.1 percent)
showed little or no change in October. The jobless rate for Asians was
5.2 percent (not seasonally adjusted), little changed from a year
earlier.(See tables A-1, A-2, and A-3.)

Maybe they should focus on something important. Like that 13.1% unemployment rate in their community. Or the declining household income in the black american demographic. Or the exploding black on black and black on white violent crime rate. Then maybe people would take them seriously, but that would also mean they would have to point a finger of blame at our first half black president. The liar we call Barack Obama.
48 Hours Fan

Bellefontaine, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Nov 10, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
There's no shortage of the insane nowadays, is there? Or the selfish and greedy, or the race baiting fools, or the poverty pimps! Al and Jesse are about as close to God as the short hairs on my ass are. They are disgusting opportunists.
Yes. And their faux outrage at every opportunity is embarrassing. Yet they have no morals. They could care less what others think of them. As long as they are getting money in their pockets.

This homeowner is screwed no matter what. Even before all the details come out. He's already been tried and convicted in the black community. And you could never convince them otherwise. They will kill each other over a pair of shoes. But how dare a white man at 4:30 in the morning possibly be afraid someone is breaking in his house and bring out a gun.

Nobody knows what happened. I suppose if someone was on their porch they would just call 911. They don't even give police any information when they witness a crime that happened right in front if them. Yet they have all kinds of advice on what this man should have done. Amazing!!!
Anon

Oak Park, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Nov 10, 2013
 
Still a lot of unanswered questions here, folks, concerning this fatal shooting of this young woman. Death is final. Was the homeowner's porch light on at the time the young woman was there on his porch? Could the homeowner see clearly who was at his porch/door? Were any words exchanged between the homeowner and the young woman?
Pete

Livonia, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Nov 10, 2013
 
Anon wrote:
Still a lot of unanswered questions here, folks, concerning this fatal shooting of this young woman. Death is final. Was the homeowner's porch light on at the time the young woman was there on his porch? Could the homeowner see clearly who was at his porch/door? Were any words exchanged between the homeowner and the young woman?
Yes, many facts are unknown and never to be known except in the heart of the living principal. We will find out if alcohol or drugs were in the woman's blood. A person under the influence could behave unexpectedly. Sufficiently confused by intoxication and a car crash, she might have thought she was at home. If I were standing there with a shotgun inside the home, I'd feel pretty safe and wait for an actual forced entry. That's just me. I'd feel better down the line knowing there was no other solution than to shoot. The homeowner already opened the door to charges by admitting that the gun went off accidentally. An accidental discharge can in itself be reckless. He is admitting by this that he did not fire from fear, but rather from recklessness.

As always, one gains nothing by talking to the police or prosecutor. Everything you say, true or false, CAN AND WILL be used against you. Discuss the weather. Talk about the obvious. Say nothing about the case except after consulting with an attorney and not a real estate attorney either. Have your attorney present during any questioning. Rehearse every answer to expected questions with your attorney before questioning. Get a transcript so you can duplicate these answers every time asked. Also, expect the prosecutor or detective to lie to you during questioning.
mike

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Nov 11, 2013
 

Judged:

1

There was a black woman on my porch yesterday - turns out she was recruiting for some religious organization. Nevertheless, I didn't and would never take the chance and open the door. You just never know if you are being set up or something.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

19 Users are viewing the Violent Crime Forum right now

Search the Violent Crime Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Alan Dale Smith acquitted in 1974 homicide 6 hr Bec 1
D.C. Police Chief Cathy Lanier ordered her offi... 11 hr Drake_Burrwood 1
Mickey Shunick Fought for Her Life, Court Docum... (Aug '12) 12 hr Ethan Comeaux 3
Police Locked In Malibu Standoff After Armed Dr... 12 hr NOYB 1
Man suspected of raping three women in Sacramen... 17 hr scott 1
Grand Jury Clears Madisonville Police in Shooting 20 hr DoTell 2
Murder Trial Date set for Franklin County Woman (Dec '13) 21 hr Justice 58
•••
•••