San Pedro man convicted in murder case

Full story: Daily Breeze

Rufus Lee Atchley, 49, of San Pedro faces 50 years to life in prison when he is sentenced Nov.
Comments
1 - 20 of 80 Comments Last updated Apr 21, 2013
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Chavala

Carson, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2010

Judged:

looks like he'll be a fish now
Nunya

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2010

Judged:

I still dont understand what being a longie has to do with anything, he was just another Pedro lowlife that killed another lowlife.
2 cents

Lomita, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2010

Judged:

I don't mean to sound uncaring, but I don't think society is going to miss either of these two.
Dave in Japan

Japan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2010

Judged:

When someone begins a sentence with "I don't mean to sound uncaring" it's 99.9% of the time followed by something totally uncaring....the above is no exception.
I also like how the ILWU looks the other way when it comes to the background checks of its members. Drug arrests and burglary...nice!!
saxon

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2010

Judged:

COWARD
wbmbb

Torrance, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2010

Judged:

"....... before the shooting when Atchley's daughter, Krystal, drove him to a location to do drugs. Banes was there and blew a kiss at her. "

Dude that is just two beutiful. His daughters name is KRYSTAL. I wonder if her middle name is METH.

Two dirtbags off the docks. Now only about 30 thousand more low life 'longies' to go !
San Pedro Resident

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2010

Judged:

I'm glad the murdering "Pedro Idiot" is leaving. We've got to get rid of a least a few more here. Not that I am bagging on San Pedro, honestly..if you live in L.A....idiots are just part of the landscape.
Not a single city is immune.
wtf

Torrance, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2010

Judged:

Premeditated first degree murder and he can get out in 50 years! Earlier with good behavior??? WTF...

What happened to the death penalty or at least life with no parole as a minimum.

“cracker-barrel philosopher”

Since: Jan 08

Wilmington/Carson/San Pedro

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2010

Judged:

Good reporting. Good result. Thirty minutes to reach a verdict. When it was so clear, I think even that was too long.
John Von Germany

Kaiserslautern, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2010

Judged:

What?? Longies and drugs??
Letting People Know

Rancho Palos Verdes, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2010

Judged:

I am glad this trash if off the street. Let's get rid of the rest of them now
Whatever

San Gabriel, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2010

Judged:

It's just too bad that he has to die in prison, but he is no friend of no one. What else would he expect when he goes around Pedro commintting crimes all the time. He is not the innocent his family would make him out to be. He is a low life all the way!
Whatever

San Gabriel, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2010

Judged:

Nunya wrote:
I still dont understand what being a longie has to do with anything, he was just another Pedro lowlife that killed another lowlife.
The DB just likes to announce when someone is a longie because of the big bucks they make... Looks like he won't be making the big bucks anymore.
Morris the Cat

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2010

Judged:

What is it with these longshoremen? Why can't good, law-abiding people who don't do illegal drugs get these jobs? What is it about San Pedro and LA in that things always go wrong?!
Pedro lifer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2010

Judged:

I remember the original article and following comments from the Atchley family attempting to protect the involved daughter. The fact was then, as it is now they have been and always will be involved in drugs. A sad part of this story is that they are teaching younger family members that drug usage is an accepted practice and working the dock is their future. (No offense intended to members of ILWU, but an education has its place)
Goodriddance

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2010

Judged:

Goodriddance to trash!! What kind of dad allows their daughter to take him to go buy drugs?! The nerve of him killing another low life for blowing his trashy daughter a kiss. He dosen't care about his daughter. It was like a slap in Rufus' face when the other low life blew a kiss to his daughter and he had to save face cause Rufus was still mad at the other dude for befriending his girlfriend. Rufus was putting his daughter in danger when he let her take him looking to buy drugs. I also remember the day the coppers were trying to get him to come out and Rufus also purtting his mom in danger and the cops treating her like crap also. So, low life Rufus got what he deserved. I say GOODRIDDANCE!!!!!!
Whatever

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2010

Judged:

Pedro lifer wrote:
I remember the original article and following comments from the Atchley family attempting to protect the involved daughter. The fact was then, as it is now they have been and always will be involved in drugs. A sad part of this story is that they are teaching younger family members that drug usage is an accepted practice and working the dock is their future.(No offense intended to members of ILWU, but an education has its place)
Yea, I remember also,,,, low life family all the way. Looks like Rufus ain't going to be a longie anymore......
The Shadow

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2010

Judged:

Simply another murderer who will be wearing a different uniform from now on. Never smell that salt in the air again huh? Even though the victim may have not been a nice guy, he didn't deserve to be shot over that. Hope the tramp who went to stay with the victim feels guilty as she should. Two lives gone because of her and Ms. Krystal-meth.
Rufus

Rancho Palos Verdes, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2010

Judged:

This guy's parents share the blame. They put him on a path of destruction when they saddled him with that name!
Tired of Horse Ca-Ca

Azusa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2010

Judged:

Goodriddance:

You said it so eloquently and hit the nail right on the head. I don't need to say anymore.

The Shadow:

I've seen that skinny, foul-looking, scum-bag tramp and doubt very much she has any guilt....she has two less suppliers, that's all.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Violent Crime Forum right now

Search the Violent Crime Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Victim ID'd in fatal Cumberland Ave. shooting 3... 23 min Bess Blaise 2
Cadiz native dead after Murray shooting (Jul '12) 56 min Friends of Lindsey Too 52
Court reconsiders bond, murder charge in Boozer... (Feb '10) 1 hr Priddy 64
Bill would stiffen background checks 6 hr Chesty 2
Mental evaluation ordered for suspect in Weakle... (Feb '13) 17 hr Lisa 6
Democrats quash GOP effort to repeal magazine ban 17 hr Polar Bum 4
Wharry remorseful after shooting: pastor (Apr '07) Sat sourheads 2
•••
•••