Heath man pleads guilty to murder, se...

Heath man pleads guilty to murder, sentenced to 16 years | The Columbus Dispatch

There are 27 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from May 9, 2011, titled Heath man pleads guilty to murder, sentenced to 16 years | The Columbus Dispatch. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

A Columbus man will spend at least 16 years in prison after pleading guilty this morning to killing a woman in a Heath hotel room last year.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Dogtown

Columbus, OH

#1 May 9, 2011
Wow....what an incredibly weak sentence.

Judge Branstool must not have thought this woman was worth too much.
hammer

Bowling Green, OH

#2 May 9, 2011
what ever happen to the death penality in this country to keep the prisons from over crowding//////////////
Reader

Columbus, OH

#3 May 9, 2011
If any of you have ever eaten meat, gutted a fish, or killed a fly, then you have no place passing judgment. We're all murderers.
Enough already

Columbus, OH

#4 May 9, 2011
Is this now the norm? Kill a human being in central Ohio and get 16 years?
Read your a joke

Lexington, KY

#5 May 9, 2011
Seriously...so we kill our own kind to eat them? We kill fish and game to LIVE. Fly's because they contaminate our food! Get a life dude!
CSD

Columbus, OH

#6 May 9, 2011
It was a Amway interview.
The Happy Crab

Orlando, FL

#7 May 9, 2011
Dogtown wrote:
Wow....what an incredibly weak sentence.
Judge Branstool must not have thought this woman was worth too much.
He can only do what the law says he can do. I believe that he meted out the maximum sentence under the law for the crime that he pleaded to. If you insist on blaiming any one, aim at the prosecutor's office.
Dan Gleesack

Columbus, OH

#9 May 9, 2011
Reader wrote:
If any of you have ever eaten meat, gutted a fish, or killed a fly, then you have no place passing judgment. We're all murderers.
Seriously? Man, you're a goofball.
joeb

Lima, OH

#10 May 9, 2011
Reader wrote:
Stupid...stupid...stupid
Ruben James

Reynoldsburg, OH

#11 May 9, 2011
If he were a cop he would have got off all together!
Not gonna tell you

Columbus, OH

#12 May 9, 2011
Gosh... People are getting more and more stupid. What's the point of murdering someone? I mean, killing gets you so long in jail, why even go for it? People are stupid.
Not gonna tell you

Columbus, OH

#13 May 9, 2011
Reader wrote:
We're all murderers? So you're justifying killing a human being, who knows how to do things such as love, care, and all that? When a fish or a fly or a cow don't know how to do anything but eat and contaminate? That's pretty stupid.
Macktrapper

Newark, OH

#14 May 9, 2011
Should have tried the Alford plea.

“American gvt is in the bag”

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#15 May 9, 2011
At least he plead guilty and took responsibility for it. That's more than most.
Reader

Columbus, OH

#16 May 9, 2011
Tea Farty wrote:
At least he plead guilty and took responsibility for it. That's more than most.
Yep, dude. That makes it AAALLLLLLLLL better. He should receive an honesty commendation and they should erect a statue to him somewhere or at least name a section of a highway after him. Are you related to 'Reader'?
Reader

Columbus, OH

#17 May 9, 2011
Excuse, my posts. I ate lots of paste as a child.
Liberals Lie

Athens, OH

#18 May 9, 2011
Reader wrote:
Plants have lives too...Just because you can't hear them doesn't mean they aren't screaming from within. Poor plants!

Yes, we can pass judgement, because we are human. If it were up to the majority of people in this country, this man would be executed.

In the year 2009, there were 15,241 murders. The rate has decreased over the past 10 years. However, consider this: Over the 10 year course of the combined Iraq/Afghanistan wars, approximately 6,000 US troops were killed. In that same time frame, 160,000 people were murdered in the United States.

People were celebrating the death of Osama bin Laden. We need to celebrate the death of all murderers. BTW-Homicide and Murder are not the same. Murder is intentional killing.
CitizenK

North Olmsted, OH

#19 May 9, 2011
Wow, what a remarkable deal. He received LESS than the minimum for what he was indicted for? I see that he hired Joseph Patituce out of Cleveland, Ohio, to represent him. I looked him up, and found his website at www.patitucelaw.com ... he seems like a good attorney, but WOW less than the minimum on a murder seems like a job well done.
Dogtown

Columbus, OH

#20 May 9, 2011
The Happy Crab wrote:
<quoted text>He can only do what the law says he can do. I believe that he meted out the maximum sentence under the law for the crime that he pleaded to. If you insist on blaiming any one, aim at the prosecutor's office.
b.s.

So judges don't have any authority over what charges are brought? You're letting him off way too much. The prosecution is a sissy too.
CitizenK

North Olmsted, OH

#21 May 9, 2011
The Happy Crab wrote:
<quoted text>He can only do what the law says he can do. I believe that he meted out the maximum sentence under the law for the crime that he pleaded to. If you insist on blaiming any one, aim at the prosecutor's office.
From what I can gather the maximum on this case was 24.5 years to life. He could have got 15 to life on the murder plus 3 for the gun (on that count), then another 5 years + 1 on the tampering, and another 18 months on the CCW.

It looks like his attorney and the Prosecutor agreed upon a sentence of only 16 to Life, which is less than what the minimum would have been if this went to trial and the guy was found guilty.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Rusk County Shooting Suspect Now Facing Drug Ch... (Jul '08) 10 hr Just me 48
News Fight Or Flight: Taking Back Chicago's Violent ... 12 hr bozo 1
News Holly Bobo suspect indicted on 2 counts of rape (Oct '14) 13 hr Jus thankin 136
News Black Lives Matter* (Oct '15) 17 hr paloopah 1,960
News Police shootings are rarity in region 19 hr Another Falsehood 14
News 'Don't Do This. They're Our Kids!': Texas Fathe... Mon Think Again 2
News Obama to seek healing in Orlando even as politi... Sun OK Barry 61
More from around the web