Killer Given Death Penalty -- Prosecu...

Killer Given Death Penalty -- Prosecution, Mississippi, John Fahey

There are 92 comments on the Hartford Courant story from Mar 29, 2008, titled Killer Given Death Penalty -- Prosecution, Mississippi, John Fahey. In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

On Friday, the day he was sentenced to death, convicted killer Lazale "Choc" Ashby listened quietly as a relative of his victim described how she visualized his last moments on earth.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Rasputin

Waukegan, IL

#1 Mar 29, 2008
Waaa i needed a mommy figure....how many people have struggles in their lives who don't resort to murder, robbery or other crimes.
And I'm tired of hearing addiction as an excuse also. skids like him just don't want to take any responsibility for what they do.
And that death row list is getting too long, it's time to start frying a few Cobb, Brenton and Webb have been on 20 years or so time to get rid of some dead wood.
All of their victims have been gone and it's time for them to be also.

“Justice is Served”

Since: Jun 07

Southington, CT

#2 Mar 29, 2008
Ms. Garcia - The battle is over and Justice has been Served. Please rest easy in the arms of the lord and watch over your daughter.

Mr. Ashby - Enjoy the small room you have been sentenced to until the state takes your last breath from you as you did from Ms. Garcia Five years ago. May your demons haunt you everyday until you are put down.

Justice_Served!
Reality

Fitchburg, MA

#5 Mar 29, 2008
Mr. Ashby will likely live a long life is prison until he dies of natural causes. You all have been duped. The death penalty exists in Connecticut on paper only. Even Michael Ross had to fight to be put to death, and even then it almost did not happen. Connecticut will join the ranks of New Jersey and other progressive states (and all other civilized nations on earth) and abolish the death penalty in the next 10 years. Believe it. But for the Cheshire incident, we might be debating it at the Capitol right now. If I am wrong and the death penalty is not abolished, Mr. Ashby still will not be put to death. He'll instead have the opportunity to spend your tax dollars on endless appeals until he dies naturally. I hope you are all happy. Quite frankly, I'd rather he rot in prison without all the appeals, and the money be spent on something else such education, health care, etc., but because the death penalty means so much to all of you, that will not happen.
CT Taxpayer

Woodbury, CT

#6 Mar 29, 2008
Unfortunately, at the speed this state moves with executions, this dirtbag stil has 20+ years to pollute our planet with his presence. The death penalty in this state is a joke.
RON

Meriden, CT

#7 Mar 29, 2008
You have no idea what you're talking about. This "loser" will be spending his days in an isolated 12X12 cell with only one hour of daylight; other than that he will be living a lonely and miserable life; that's the way it should be; if can't be killed for what he did to that poor girl then he will have to live an isolated life. It's unfortunate we don't have a law that allows us to just take this "scumbag" to the middle of Hartford at high noon and just get rid of him but unfortunately that's not possible so this is the next best thing for the family.
Reality wrote:
Mr. Ashby will likely live a long life is prison until he dies of natural causes. You all have been duped. The death penalty exists in Connecticut on paper only. Even Michael Ross had to fight to be put to death, and even then it almost did not happen. Connecticut will join the ranks of New Jersey and other progressive states (and all other civilized nations on earth) and abolish the death penalty in the next 10 years. Believe it. But for the Cheshire incident, we might be debating it at the Capitol right now. If I am wrong and the death penalty is not abolished, Mr. Ashby still will not be put to death. He'll instead have the opportunity to spend your tax dollars on endless appeals until he dies naturally. I hope you are all happy. Quite frankly, I'd rather he rot in prison without all the appeals, and the money be spent on something else such education, health care, etc., but because the death penalty means so much to all of you, that will not happen.
lol

United States

#8 Mar 29, 2008
RON wrote:
You have no idea what you're talking about. This "loser" will be spending his days in an isolated 12X12 cell with only one hour of daylight; other than that he will be living a lonely and miserable life
Actually, your comment makes no sense. He wasn't referring to living conditions or anything else. Learn to read.
Mike D

Wallingford, CT

#10 Mar 29, 2008
Good job by H.P.D arresting this animal!
hpd retired

Manchester, CT

#12 Mar 29, 2008
He'll probably serve his 125 years and die of natural causes, because his lawyers will find some pathetic way of getting it overturned. He's a suspect in two more brutal killings. This piece of shite should be put to death as soon as fooking possible. He is a cancer on society and needs to be removed.

This poor young woman, who was trying to better herself and give something back to the community, was brutally and savagely murdered. If the death penalty is overturned, then justice has not been served for this poor soul. My sympathies to the family of Miss Garcia, may she be able to rest in peace finally.
RON

Meriden, CT

#13 Mar 29, 2008
I know how to read and stay out of something that wasn't addressed to you; keep your 2 cents
lol wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, your comment makes no sense. He wasn't referring to living conditions or anything else. Learn to read.
Shoreliner

Branford, CT

#14 Mar 29, 2008
Thank you Judge Espinosa for making the right decision in this case.

Hopefully the appeals process will be swift so the convicted felon will get his just reward.
Shoreliner

Branford, CT

#15 Mar 29, 2008
Reality wrote:
Mr. Ashby will likely live a long life is prison until he dies of natural causes. You all have been duped. The death penalty exists in Connecticut on paper only. Even Michael Ross had to fight to be put to death, and even then it almost did not happen. Connecticut will join the ranks of New Jersey and other progressive states (and all other civilized nations on earth) and abolish the death penalty in the next 10 years. Believe it. But for the Cheshire incident, we might be debating it at the Capitol right now. If I am wrong and the death penalty is not abolished, Mr. Ashby still will not be put to death. He'll instead have the opportunity to spend your tax dollars on endless appeals until he dies naturally. I hope you are all happy. Quite frankly, I'd rather he rot in prison without all the appeals, and the money be spent on something else such education, health care, etc., but because the death penalty means so much to all of you, that will not happen.
This is why Connecticut taxpayers need new representation in the GA.

Andrew McDonald and Michael Lawlor don't give a darn about law-abiding citizens. They only pander to felons and their families.
Soldat

United States

#16 Mar 29, 2008
Why all the personal attacks?

That was a sad story pretty sick. Cant figure out why people do sick stuff like that. No matter what its not Normal. And Yes Excuses are a Liberal thing "Its not my fault".

Crime seems to be way up in Conn my question is Why?
Soldat

United States

#17 Mar 29, 2008
Shoreliner wrote:
<quoted text>
This is why Connecticut taxpayers need new representation in the GA.
Andrew McDonald and Michael Lawlor don't give a darn about law-abiding citizens. They only pander to felons and their families.
Its called Job Security...
Grickly Gractus

United States

#18 Mar 29, 2008
RON wrote:
I know how to read and stay out of something that wasn't addressed to you; keep your 2 cents<quoted text>
Then you should also "know" this is a public forum and telling people to keep their opinions to themselves is stupid.
Our System

Botsford, CT

#19 Mar 29, 2008
AMEN!!! WEll Said!
Rasputin wrote:
Waaa i needed a mommy figure....how many people have struggles in their lives who don't resort to murder, robbery or other crimes.
And I'm tired of hearing addiction as an excuse also. skids like him just don't want to take any responsibility for what they do.
And that death row list is getting too long, it's time to start frying a few Cobb, Brenton and Webb have been on 20 years or so time to get rid of some dead wood.
All of their victims have been gone and it's time for them to be also.
Our System

Botsford, CT

#20 Mar 29, 2008
The whole judicial system in this state is a joke. Get a gun rob a bank. No taxes.
CT Taxpayer wrote:
Unfortunately, at the speed this state moves with executions, this dirtbag stil has 20+ years to pollute our planet with his presence. The death penalty in this state is a joke.
RON

Meriden, CT

#21 Mar 29, 2008
I believe people should voice their opinions but about the article itself and not about the people who make comments; therefore; you calling me stupid is not nice
Grickly Gractus wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you should also "know" this is a public forum and telling people to keep their opinions to themselves is stupid.
Konnecticut_Bett er_Yet

Brewster, NY

#23 Mar 29, 2008
Reality wrote:
Mr. Ashby will likely live a long life is prison until he dies of natural causes. You all have been duped. The death penalty exists in Connecticut on paper only. Even Michael Ross had to fight to be put to death, and even then it almost did not happen. Connecticut will join the ranks of New Jersey and other progressive states (and all other civilized nations on earth) and abolish the death penalty in the next 10 years. Believe it. But for the Cheshire incident, we might be debating it at the Capitol right now. If I am wrong and the death penalty is not abolished, Mr. Ashby still will not be put to death. He'll instead have the opportunity to spend your tax dollars on endless appeals until he dies naturally. I hope you are all happy. Quite frankly, I'd rather he rot in prison without all the appeals, and the money be spent on something else such education, health care, etc., but because the death penalty means so much to all of you, that will not happen.
I figured someone would beat me to it--it was you!Yep. He got the death penalty. So what? Will he be executed? That is the more relevant question. Apparently it will be ultimately up to Mr. Ashley--you have to beg the state to carry out your own death sentence, and even then it's done reluctantly.

But, everything else in this state is just another dog and pony show. Why not this?
johnrowlandSucks

Elizabeth, NJ

#24 Mar 29, 2008
Good times! Rot in hell, parasite!
Keith J Robbins Bozrah

Salem, CT

#25 Mar 29, 2008
The process of justice is now complete, expidite the sentence and perhaps others will learn from this.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Third Day of Protests in El Cajon Turn Violent;... 9 hr FedUp 2
News Brandon Cochran of Rochester charged in two hom... (Sep '10) 9 hr yadaddy 23
News APNewsBreak: Official: Chicago to hire 100s mor... 14 hr WeTheSheeple 83
News Officer who shot Tyre King returns to work on d... 18 hr FTP 5
News Keith Scott's wife has filed multiple restraini... 21 hr Oliver 16
News Homicide Charges Against Mother, Daughter Sent ... (Apr '07) Fri FREE sex 1,937
News Teen Charged With Murdering Father In Scioto Co... (Mar '14) Thu Grayghost 65
More from around the web