Scioto Murder Trial

Scioto Murder Trial

There are 14 comments on the WCHS-TV Charleston story from Oct 21, 2013, titled Scioto Murder Trial. In it, WCHS-TV Charleston reports that:

Tiersa Davis Web Producer: Jeff Morris Reported: Oct. 21, 2013 4:57 PM EDT Updated: Oct. 21, 2013 5:26 PM EDT Portsmouth , Scioto County , Ohio The trial for a man accused of shooting and killing his girlfriend's husband is under way in Scioto County.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WCHS-TV Charleston.

George

Marion, OH

#1 Oct 22, 2013
Is Jeff Waller trying to claim temporary insanity?? I'm not seeing anything on a defense?? If he pled quilty, why is there still a trial?? Any bets on how this will end?? Or how long they will deliberate??
Sad

United States

#2 Oct 22, 2013
Have you been following the paper? They have caught that wife up in so many lies. Then the helicopter person said thurman told her someone hit him in the back of the head then someone else shot him. Something doesn't add up. Is she being charged also? If not, why not? Something is very fishy there. Surely I'm not the only one that sees this.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#3 Oct 22, 2013
http://portsmouthohio.tv/

Tuesday, October 22, 2013 – At the Scioto County Courthouse.

Late Tuesday evening, after the finish of a two-day trial for murder and other charges before the Honorable Common Pleas Court Judge William T. Marshall; 26 year-old Jeffrey Waller was found guilty by a jury of the murder of 33-year-old James Thurman at the Thurman home at 890 Brown-McNamer Road near Lucasville in August 2012.

The Honorable Judge William T. Marshall sentenced Jeffrey Waller to prison for 15 years for murder, plus life, plus 3 years for use of a fire-arm, plus 2 years for tampering with evidence and 2 years for possession of a sawed-off shotgun. The sentences are to run consecutively; that will make a total of 22 years, plus life.

Defense Attorney William Ross Dever represented Jeffrey Waller in the two day trial.

Scioto County Prosecuting Attorney Mark Kuhn and Assistant Prosecuting Attorney Joe Hale represented the State of Ohio.

By Shawnee Sentinel Writer Austin Leedom at 8:40 p.m. on Tuesday, October 22, 2013..........
Sad

United States

#4 Oct 23, 2013
Good! Now hopefully someone will wake up and realize the wife had something to do with it too and put her on trial. Just reading the testimonies, I figured that much out.
George

Minford, OH

#6 Oct 23, 2013
Why is this verdict not on the news?? At least not at the time I'm typing this.

Yes, go after the wife. I, too, have seen that all along.

It's sad that Jeffrey's dad was in prison most of his young life. I guess the apple didn't fall far from that tree, huh? Wow.
Biggin

Crooksville, OH

#7 Nov 4, 2013
The wife is just as guilty!! No one else was in the trail or but the shooter the victim the wife and the 3 little children!! Who else would have hit the victim in the head? Surely the victims children wouldn't!!!! Come on people are we really going to let this lady get off scottfree? She is a known drug user and has been arrested several times. She has lost custody of her kids even!!!
Wow

Crooksville, OH

#8 Nov 4, 2013
Ann Thurman is as guilty as Jeff Waller!!!! The scioto county prosecuter should be put in the same cell as Waller if he doesn't peruse Ann !!! Everyone knows she was in on it and if she isn't brought to justice then this town is truley as corrupt as people say!!!
Amazed

Crooksville, OH

#9 Nov 4, 2013
Holy crap !! Ann isn't being charged???? Wow, how many times does a junkie skank gotta be caught in a lie to get charged? There should be justice for both the husband and here poor children!!! Surely to God her kids aren't still with Ann are they? James and the kids are the victims here why should those poor little children be punished by staying with that heroin junkie? She is no mother!!!!
Booboisie

Crooksville, OH

#10 Nov 4, 2013
I see Ann on center st at the heroin dealers house and on the east end daily!!! Next she will be another prostitute !!! She is a moral-less skank that has no business being allowed to be free!! She is guilty and her Facebook posts will prove it only if the prosecutor gets hos butt in gear!!! Why haven't they gone after her yet? Why haven't they drug tested her yet? Not a urine test either but a blood test!!! This town should be ashamed!!'
Worried

Crooksville, OH

#11 Nov 4, 2013
If these things are true I am very afraid!! Would they really not look into these comments? I've seen Ann in krogers acting like a pure idiot on several occasions. Something should be done about her!!! She obviously has no remorse for the death of her husband!! And I heard she lost her kids and isn't even allowed to visit them because she is always high on drugs!! She should be ashamed.
Acquaintance

Crooksville, OH

#12 Nov 4, 2013
I knew her briefly from school, she had no conscience back then even! There is no doubt in my mind that she is guilty!! I've seen her occasionally in stores with her children and she has always been very violent towards them . She was also violent towards her dead husband on many many occasions!!' there is no way to convince me that she is only a victim in this tragic sittuation . Please look onto this mr prosecuted. Don't let a murderer walk the streets!!
Poopoo

Crooksville, OH

#13 Nov 4, 2013
Hmmm smells fishy to me.
woo-boy

Van Wert, OH

#14 Nov 5, 2013
Is it just me or do posts #7 thru #12 seem like the same person just changing their name on each one.
woo-boy

Van Wert, OH

#15 Nov 5, 2013
^^^oops ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Holly Bobo suspect indicted on 2 counts of rape (Oct '14) 1 hr Watching17 137
News Tattoo shop murder suspects indicted (May '08) 1 hr Jhomie 68
News 'Don't Do This. They're Our Kids!': Texas Fathe... 1 hr InquiringMinds 3
News Murder suspect Josiah Miller to return to Calif... (Dec '08) 3 hr Hightops 10
News Admitted prostitute implicates men in murder at... (Oct '09) 4 hr YouPeopleAreDisgu... 3
News Rusk County Shooting Suspect Now Facing Drug Ch... (Jul '08) Tue Just me 48
News Fight Or Flight: Taking Back Chicago's Violent ... Tue bozo 1
More from around the web