John Ashley describes acting in self-...

John Ashley describes acting in self-defense in shooting deaths of 2 youths at his Morris home

There are 17 comments on the The Mobile Register Online story from Aug 7, 2008, titled John Ashley describes acting in self-defense in shooting deaths of 2 youths at his Morris home. In it, The Mobile Register Online reports that:

John Ashley told jurors in his capital murder trial in Birmingham this morning that he shot Tyler Carter when Carter tried to pull out a knife, then shot Alexander Lee when Lee threatened the defendant and his ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Mobile Register Online.

Reginald Denny

United States

#1 Aug 8, 2008
This guy gets to shoot someone in his own home? Not fair! I've been riding around this giant ghetto for years trying to get car-jacked so I can execute one of these punks. Not fair.
School Mate

Tuscaloosa, AL

#2 Aug 8, 2008
I know John Ashley and went to school with him.

He should be convicted, he's crazy and always has been and more than capable of killing more people if found inocent
REAL SCHOOLMATE

North Tazewell, VA

#3 Aug 8, 2008
JOHN WAS ONE OF MY GOOD FRIENDS AND I WENT TO SCHOOL WITH HIM ALSO, SEE THE FUNNY THING IS HE QUIT JORDAN IN THE 10TH GRADE AND AT THAT TIME HE WAS STILL A GREAT KID AND HADNT GOT STARTED IN THIS DRUG MESS THERFORE YOU AN IDIOT YOUR PROBABLY JUST A LOSER THAT NO ONE LIKED AND YOU WAS AND STILL ARE JEALOUS OF HIM FOR THINGS HE HAD THAT YOU WILL NEVER HAVE OH AND HES CRAZY AND CAPABLE OF KILLING MORE PEOPLE YOUR A JOKE YOU DIDNT KNOW HIM AT ALL AND THIS PROVES IT
andy

Birmingham, AL

#4 Aug 11, 2008
i knew all yler and alex,was good friends with them.noone talks about john sodomizing a retarded boy back with a mop handle in school.he is troubled.now he will spend the rest of his life in prison
Jeremy

Lineville, AL

#5 Aug 14, 2008
John Ashley is a horrible person who did not fall far from the tree. His mother used to, and probably still does, have affairs with boys her son's age and younger. I know this for a fact. She used to sleep with her children's baby sitter. The babysitter was 14 or 15 at the start of the affair. Monica was married to Dr. Ashley at the time. I think Dr. Ashley was the babysitter's own doctor. I am sure her children, including John, were not blind to this.
Monica was and is a horrible wife and mother. She is a pedophile!!! Her discusting ways is the reason her child is in jail today. He probably had no dicipline, She most likely slept with all his buddies, the alimony and child support from the good doctor kept them all livin the high life. Add drugs to that mix and there you have it. John and Monica think they are supeior to eveyone in this town. She should serve time!!!!
shooting stars mom

United States

#6 Aug 25, 2008
Jeremy I would love to talk to you. I'm Alex's mom. Sounds like you know Johns background well. As Alex's mom I have the need to know as much as I can about the person that took him away from me. Thank you for sheading some light on this family. I had to put up with all of the lies about my son. There was not one thing I could do to stop them. I guess it's the law they can lie and the state has to tell the truth.
shooting stars mom

United States

#7 Aug 25, 2008
Reginald Denny wrote:
This guy gets to shoot someone in his own home? Not fair! I've been riding around this giant ghetto for years trying to get car-jacked so I can execute one of these punks. Not fair.
I will add you to my prays. How did your heart get so cold?
anonymous

Dallas, TX

#8 Oct 2, 2008
I was DJ and John's childhood friend up until high school. John always seemed like a reasonable kid. John's ex girlfriend said that one of the deceased boys father (probably the one with the facial hair) was a crack dealer and sent the 2 boys over to the house to collect. It's a big possibility.
abruptlysteady

Dallas, TX

#9 Oct 2, 2008
John was a great guy. Carter and Lee helped choose their own fate by allowing themselves to get caught up in distribution of narcotics. I hold the parents of Tyler and Lee resposible. Especially the father who told the boys to go collect. Never send a boy to do a man's job. That was not their business to get involved. The father who sent the boys there should also get life. He is just as guilty. I know that from looking at the father in question in the courtroom, both he and the wife(bleached blonde) were on something. That woman tried to walk around the barrier to approach the judge and the father couldn't cease from making a scene about John talking to his mom. Get over it. YOU ARE RESPOSIBLE TOO!(abruptlysteady@live.com)
joseph upton

Birmingham, AL

#10 Oct 13, 2008
NOONE deserves to be killed!So whoever says those "kids" deserved it,maybe you should have to bury your two best friends in one day and then tell me how you feel.People want to believe there all high and mighty,like you all have never made mistakes or donessome sort of drug.This isnt about who was doing drugs.This is about a peice of shit killing people over something as petty as drugs.John is a sick peice of shit and deserves to spend his entire life behind bars being someone's bitch,as well as his mother and Karly.Think before you talk about lost loved ones asshole.
Sassie

Birmingham, AL

#11 Oct 14, 2008
andy wrote:
i knew all yler and alex,was good friends with them.noone talks about john sodomizing a retarded boy back with a mop handle in school.he is troubled.now he will spend the rest of his life in prison
Is he the one who did that to Ben?
abruptlysteady

Dallas, TX

#12 Oct 15, 2008
the mentally challenged boy retracted his accusations. So that story cannot be relied on. It was not used by the prosecution, so it must not have held much water in the first place.:)
abruptlysteady@live.com
Kevin

Birmingham, AL

#13 Oct 15, 2008
I went to Jordan with John as well. I guess he was an alright guy then, wouldn't have picked him to kill anyone. He sure was whinny little bitch though.
anonymous

Trafford, AL

#14 Dec 20, 2008
i'm pretty sure that didn't happen to ben because one of my friends got caught up in that mess and i know he didn't do some shit like that. that's why all the charges were dropped. i'm not trying to take anyone's side here, just clearing that up.

Since: Sep 08

United States

#15 Dec 21, 2008
So, the two dead people are drug dealers, and the shooter is a crazed addict.

Who'd have thought such a thing could happen? A junkie killing his dealers. Honestly, what's the criminal world coming to?

Seriously, though, it's a shame that these people have wasted their lives on criminal activities. They could have chosen a much safer path to tread, but made a bad decision to get involved in criminal activities. The drug trade may seem like a fast way to big money, but all too often, it costs lives.
chance cross

Saint Paul, MN

#16 Jul 10, 2011
There is no justification for the things john and ashley did to my friends.....how could any of you try to make sense of there mindless actions.right is right and wrong is wrong.Like Josoph said we have delt with the pain of burying our friends and it didn`t and doesn`t feel good.still to this day I think of them both and only wish I could have just one more moment to cherish with either of them.so before you come on here and just because you knew john in high school act like he did anyone a favor...come talk to the people and see what pain he`s caused and then ask yourself....is this what i call justice?
thementally ill boy

United States

#17 Jan 27, 2014
Yes this is the mentally ill boy i wasnt crazy before that.know he lock up i went crazy cause what happen.he was just crazy.but what gose around come around i lost everything and everyone he had everything know im on the outside with everything he has nothing getting done to him what he did to me who side do u take now a murder or the boy who went out of for a min cause what happen to him.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News If an assault weapons ban can't stop school sho... 49 min The Worlds Bigges... 1,013
News Police charge 'accidental' shooter with manslau... (Apr '08) 1 hr Sharts 16
News Exam today in bar shooting (Mar '06) 6 hr Wwe 30
News The History of Lynching and the Present of Poli... 7 hr jtkluempers 3
News Cyntoia Brown, trafficking victim serving life ... 9 hr DeDominicis 1
News Mother of 1985 murder victim in Ovid pleas for ... (Dec '09) Sat Dontgetpeople 22
News Father will stand trial for allegedly shooting ... Sat PETA 1