Trial Underway for Former Culpeper Police Officer Charged with Murder

Full story: NBC29 Charlottesville

Opening statements will get underway Wednesday morning in the trial of Daniel Harmon-Wright, accused of the shooting death of a motorist who drove away from his questions.
Comments
1 - 10 of 10 Comments Last updated Jan 30, 2013
anonymous

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jan 23, 2013
 

Judged:

5

3

3

Please, please, please edit your articles...several times if necessary. "TRAIL Underway for Former Culpeper....". That's terrible.
DUDE

Purcellville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jan 23, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

1

anonymous wrote:
Please, please, please edit your articles...several times if necessary. "TRAIL Underway for Former Culpeper....". That's terrible.
Where is the TRAIL in Culpeper located? Will it access the Appalachian Trail
sez you

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jan 23, 2013
 

Judged:

2

DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is the TRAIL in Culpeper located? Will it access the Appalachian Trail
It passes through the courtroom.
TEX

Rocky Mount, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jan 23, 2013
 

Judged:

5

3

all kidding aside, I hope All the details about this tragedy come to light~ Seems to me a terrible waste of life and a improper use of deadly force by someone who should have known better.
Helen Hevener

Staunton, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jan 23, 2013
 
The trail goes from the jail to the courthouse and back to the jail again I think!! LOL However if it is a congressman walking the trail- they might end up in Australia LOL
Batman

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jan 23, 2013
 

Judged:

4

3

2

Something just didn't seem right about Mrs. Cook, eh? Welcome to 2013, where nobody seems right to these rookies when they stop you. You're an automatic criminal hiding a weapon whenever they walk up to your car. The police academies teach them that being tried by 12 is a lot better than being carried by 6. The academy also teaches that if they can reasonably articulate why they shot and killed somebody that they never have to worry about being charged. Based upon what's his name's past reputation, I would say something didn't seem right when he walked up to Mrs Cook.(Does anybody know why this guy uses different names? A cop using an alias or two here and there should be of major concern. Is he hiding something even bigger in his past?)
yupyup

Fork Union, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jan 23, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Batman wrote:
Something just didn't seem right about Mrs. Cook, eh? Welcome to 2013, where nobody seems right to these rookies when they stop you. You're an automatic criminal hiding a weapon whenever they walk up to your car. The police academies teach them that being tried by 12 is a lot better than being carried by 6. The academy also teaches that if they can reasonably articulate why they shot and killed somebody that they never have to worry about being charged. Based upon what's his name's past reputation, I would say something didn't seem right when he walked up to Mrs Cook.(Does anybody know why this guy uses different names? A cop using an alias or two here and there should be of major concern. Is he hiding something even bigger in his past?)
YOU aint batman.
Joe

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jan 23, 2013
 

Judged:

1

He didn't use aliases. As it states in numerous articles, he changed his name from his stepfather's name, Sullivan, back to with whom he felt closer to, Harmon-Wright, the last names of his mother and birth father
Concerned for Truth

Fayetteville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jan 29, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Since everyone is on the hang him already band wagon, anyone asking why she was at the school? Or does everyone have permission to go to a school and do what they want now days... Just curious about that, not trying to justify what the officer did. Just want to know a little more about the victim.
Pete

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jan 30, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Jury finds him GUILTY.........manslaughter.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Teen's Shooting Highlights Racial Tension 2 hr Cat74 1,241
Shooting has gained Pittsfield's attention 3 hr DCF CPS DSS are M... 10
Manslaughter verdict in bizarre San Francisco s... 3 hr Mitts Gold Plated... 2
Two Weekend Shootings Involving Police Prompt P... 6 hr Serious Mess 2
Michael Blagg Gets Appellate Hearing (Jul '08) 18 hr cords too tight 164
Audio may have captured Michael Brown shooting 21 hr Scoop Johnson 4
Ex-corrections officer arraigned in fatal Swans... 21 hr Mc guest 1

Search the Violent Crime Forum:
•••