Study: Texas has second most drive-by...

Study: Texas has second most drive-by shootings

There are 17 comments on the El Paso Times story from Jul 21, 2010, titled Study: Texas has second most drive-by shootings. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

Texas has the second most drive-by shootings, according to the Violence Policy Center's study released today.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

Since: Jul 10

Ashburn, VA

#1 Jul 21, 2010
oh snap we gangsta in texas
Bobby Bag O Donuts

El Paso, TX

#2 Jul 21, 2010
That's cuz we got the second most Mexicans!
Lone Ranger

El Paso, TX

#3 Jul 21, 2010
Perhaps Texas should consider developing Drive by Shooting Ranges throughout the state so; these delinquents can become more proficient with their aim and kill each other off faster.
Citizen G

United States

#4 Jul 21, 2010
An unfortunate shame.
_Arrrrrrr

Moss Beach, CA

#5 Jul 21, 2010
Texas is second to California in drive bys, but when it comes to bad publicity based on statistics Texas says, come along El Paso you are part of the great mighty state.
Why dos'nt the state acknowledge the second safest city stats?
Mike on the North East

El Paso, TX

#7 Jul 21, 2010
we need more sweeping gun bans. that should keep those pesky law abiding citizens from owning firearms and will thus lower shootings....

I mean its working so well for California right?
_Arrrrrrr

United States

#8 Jul 21, 2010
Mike on the North East wrote:
we need more sweeping gun bans. that should keep those pesky law abiding citizens from owning firearms and will thus lower shootings....
I mean its working so well for California right?
What they are doing is disarming the citizens so only the bad guys will have guns, something like in Juarez or all of Mexico.

Since: Jul 10

Ashburn, VA

#9 Jul 21, 2010
they see me rollin... they shootin
el paso times sux

El Paso, TX

#10 Jul 21, 2010
Let me see now, ugliest men, fattest women,drive by shootings, next door to the most violent city in the world. All we need now is #1 city with the most f@#$%d up city council in the state, damn we're on a roll.
eyes on the prize

Newcastle, CA

#11 Jul 21, 2010
Citizen G wrote:
An unfortunate shame.
Shame is right. No reason we can't be #1. Come on, Texas! Cowboy up!!!
Finepix

Pflugerville, TX

#12 Jul 21, 2010
Come on Texas you can do it. Get some nuts and become number one.
Caught You being Bad

San Antonio, TX

#13 Jul 21, 2010
Bad boys what you going to do when they come for you .... and turn you into a bad girl in jail
Suck It Up

Ridgway, PA

#14 Jul 21, 2010
We're no. 2, but we try harder.
Los Ensanchados

Ridgway, PA

#15 Jul 21, 2010
Caught You being Bad wrote:
Bad boys what you going to do when they come for you .... and turn you into a bad girl in jail
:

When they get out, they're going to look like this:

http://likpro.wordpress.com/2007/02/13/defini...
pete acosta

Abilene, TX

#16 Feb 19, 2014
in 2007 a 4yr lil innocent girl was shot,killed during this teroristic act of violance.in 2009,a new law was passed into texas law against drive-by shooting(s).The Janie Lynn DeLaPa Act (Bill 176) is in behalf of lil Janie and all the lil innocent vitims that hae been killed by this act of violance(d-b-s).Lil Janie was shot on her forehead by a ak-47 bullet and a 9mm bullet to her cheek and a shotgun bullet to her side.As over 20 bullets pierced into her home as she slept in her bedroom.Lil Janie is not the first or last lil innocent victim.In this country there has been a baby-infant!shot!,killed! during a drive-by shooting(s).And sadly more,it was by a ak-47 bullet(s).In2015 Janies Law (Bill 176) will be asking for the Law(Bill 176) to be Amended into one of the strongest,affective laws in texas and then make it a Fedearal Law.this is about the lil innocent victims,,as much as some have posted racial remarks,,understand that what this is, to make our children and society safer from this type of violance.i'm a Latino that lobbied for Janies Law (Bill 176). i presented public-testimony in front of The House Committee at the 2009 Legislation Session.before one judges of the crime,please have knowledge of the crime.if one truly has a heart,,you will understand Janies Law (Bill 176)...BE A VOICE FOR THE UNABLE LIL INNOCENT CHILDREN..JUSTICE FOR ALL LIL VICTIMS!!
El Chueco

United States

#17 Feb 19, 2014
Do they give money rewards for exterminating chollos?
cholo

El Paso, TX

#18 Feb 19, 2014
El Chueco wrote:
Do they give money rewards for exterminating chollos?
only to your daughter when she exterminates my jizz from my palo. She's a hard swallower.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Onondaga DA among many named in civil rights su... 1 hr local yokel 109
News How Obama addressed 'many sides' after Dallas p... 6 hr Retribution 62
News An Azusa neighborhood has become a common groun... (Aug '09) 10 hr Fly yung red 220
News Fox Lake men say they were detained illegally d... 20 hr Irish Willie 1
News 4 people charged in drive-by 22 hr Judge Roy Bean 3
News West Plains student is charged with threatening... (Dec '12) Sun elf 52
News Police clear officer in shooting of teen (Nov '07) Aug 20 Steven Deaks 65
More from around the web