Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks ...

Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

There are 66309 comments on the Wall Street Journal story from Mar 22, 2012, titled Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media. In it, Wall Street Journal reports that:

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wall Street Journal.

Citizen 1

Spokane, WA

#84687 May 7, 2014
Good News this week.

The U.S. Supreme Court, and the Federal Government, are slowly, but surely, putting a strangle-hold on the Cowardly NRA, the Gun-Nuts, and Gun Control in general (Google the latest New Jersey case).

Many states are sure to follow, and likewise enact more strict GUN CONTROL REGULATIONS as well, and limit gun rights outside of the gun owner's home. And as our U.S. Supreme Court has indicated by refusal, there is no Second Amendment issue here.

Here come the Feds after your Guns. Hahahahahaha.

Go cry Cowardly Gun-Nuts...
mrattitude

Central City, KY

#84688 May 7, 2014
Hurman wrote:
<quoted text>
First this post
<quoted text>
Then this post.
Christians are the most blood-thirsty of us all. I'll be glad when religion has faded into the history books along side the Salem Witch Hunts. Of course, that won't happen until people
stop shoving that shit down the throats of the children. Bless you?
My bet is, that you are a very unhappy person. What's your problem anyway? Praise be to God whether you like it or not.
Hurman

Tulsa, OK

#84689 May 7, 2014
mrattitude wrote:
<quoted text> My bet is, that you are a very unhappy person. What's your problem anyway? Praise be to God whether you like it or not.
On the contrary. I am a very happy person, partly because I'm not mired down in superstitious
prattle. How can you hang on to the nonsense that was served up to you as a child? God is just one of a long list of myths and fairytales. There is no god whether you like it or not.
xxxrayted

Berea, OH

#84694 May 7, 2014
Citizen 1 wrote:
Good News this week.
The U.S. Supreme Court, and the Federal Government, are slowly, but surely, putting a strangle-hold on the Cowardly NRA, the Gun-Nuts, and Gun Control in general (Google the latest New Jersey case).
Many states are sure to follow, and likewise enact more strict GUN CONTROL REGULATIONS as well, and limit gun rights outside of the gun owner's home. And as our U.S. Supreme Court has indicated by refusal, there is no Second Amendment issue here.
Here come the Feds after your Guns. Hahahahahaha.
Go cry Cowardly Gun-Nuts...
It's already been ruled on. That's why the courts forced Indiana and DC to institute a CCW program for their states.

Pay attention and quit with your dreaming. Guns are here to stay.
TrueWords

Niceville, FL

#84696 May 7, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
It's already been ruled on. That's why the courts forced Indiana and DC to institute a CCW program for their states.
Pay attention and quit with your dreaming. Guns are here to stay.
It's not guns Cit 1 is upset about. It can't be. Obama is surrounded by guns, Biden, all our politicians, Jesse Jackson, Rev Al.....guns all over the place. Hollywood stars, banks, Brinks trucks, guns guns guns. Like anyone on the left, Cit 1 is upset about personal freedom, individuality, and especially the thought that citizens want the same rights as our government leaders. Chicago.....the toughest gun control laws in the country.....chaos. Have you once read a post from Cit 1 that called for enforcing laws already on the books? A crack down on criminals with illegal guns already in Chicago that kill hundreds per year? Nope. Next topic: Gun Free Zones, and why that's good enough for us, but not the politicians who promote them.
TrueWords

Niceville, FL

#84697 May 7, 2014
But the left is that way with many things......the issue is not about the issue. The issue can't be GITMO......a headline during the Bush years...still open, renovated even with a 40 mil upgrade. Hardly a peep. The issue can't be the Patriot Act, warrantless wiretaps, NSA spying, executing people in foreign countries......all Bush headlines, day after day after day after day. All still happening, only more so. Hardly a peep. It certainly can't be integrity or fairness. Consider the Clinton-Lewinsky deal, one a young single person, one a married man with children and a stack (one would have hoped) of responsibility to act with some class, as a married man if not President. Who did the Left crucify? What did NOW do? My word, can you imagine if Bush had done that? Economy? There's more people out of work right now than in the last 36 years, the debt is over 17 trillion. Stock market is OK if you have the discretionary money; profits for big companies are way up, small businesses are getting crushed. No problem for the left. It just goes on and on. Integrity? Take the NAACP, the issue is not the issue, if it were you wouldn't give one, and almost two, life time achievement awards to someone who may be the biggest bigots on the planet. The left, by definition, is contrary. So much so, that can make the argument, that ending the life of a quadruple murderer who stabbed to death 2 young women and 2 very small children is murder, but abortion, no matter how late term, is nothing. At the end of the day, and the beginning of it too, you should celebrate the fact that you are not similarly afflicted.
Buck Wilder

Jacksonville, FL

#84698 May 8, 2014
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
He didn't say Washington doesn't HAVE the death penalty, he said it is not ALLOWED.
He is correct.
Executions Are Suspended by Governor in Washington
By IAN LOVETTFEB. 11, 2014
Photo
Gov. Jay Inslee in January. Credit Elaine Thompson/Associated Press
Continue reading the main story
Continue reading the main story
Continue reading the main story Share This Page
The governor of Washington, Jay Inslee, announced Tuesday that no executions would take place in the state while he remained in office, despite the fact that the death penalty was legal there.
Citing “problems that exist in our capital punishment system,” Mr. Inslee, a Democrat, said he would issue a reprieve in any death penalty case that crossed his desk, though he would not let any death row prisoners go free. A future governor could reverse this action, he noted, and order an execution to be carried out.
The move makes Washington the latest in a series of states to step away from capital punishment and makes Mr. Inslee the third Democratic governor in recent years to say something similar. Gov. John Kitzhaber of Oregon announced in 2011 that he would not permit any executions on his watch, and last year Gov. John W. Hickenlooper of Colorado issued an indefinite reprieve in the only death penalty case during his tenure.
The death penalty is legal in a majority of states, although 18 states have outlawed it, including six that have done so in the last six years. For governors who oppose the death penalty, refusing to order executions may be an easier way to make a point than to try to reverse a law. SNIP.
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/12/us/washingt...
Acting governor Jay Inslee won't sign any death warrants because he's stupid. He's a nut job just like the former Illinois governor George Ryan (democrat) who was just released from prison last year.

Inslee doesn't know the difference between justice and murder.

He hasn't got the stones to tell the family of a woman who was tortured, raped, and murdered that he won't execute the men who did it.

He's a coward.

Blacks love it because they can rape and murder without having to worry about being sentenced to death.

You love it too, because you're a coalburner.
Buck Blacker

Reston, VA

#84699 May 8, 2014
Hurman wrote:
<quoted text>
First this post
<quoted text>
Then this post.
Christians are the most blood-thirsty of us all. I'll be glad when religion has faded into the history books along side the Salem Witch Hunts. Of course, that won't happen until people
stop shoving that shit down the throats of the children. Bless you?
You must have had a bad experience during the course of your life for you to hate the concept of God. You must be inclined to be homosexual, among other things, and I imagine you would not hesitate to cause undo pain and suffering to others.

You love money, food, your own twisted ego, and same sex encounters. You're also lazy, and angry too, but worst of all, you want what others have, things you can't ever have. You have no moral center, and it shows. But keep on beating up the liberals on this thread. God has a way of using people and then spitting them out.

See ya.
Big Buck

Henderson, NV

#84700 May 8, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
It would save taxpayers a lot of money if we just fenced in a place like Chicago or Detroit, and let them all live there. Of course we will pull out the good people first.
People who live in Illinois and Michigan would have a zoo if we fenced off the cities of Chicago and Detroit. They could charge admission.

It would be a big win for taxpayers.
Buck

Anonymous Proxy

#84701 May 8, 2014
Hurman wrote:
<quoted text>On the contrary. I am a very happy person, partly because I'm not mired down in superstitious
prattle. How can you hang on to the nonsense that was served up to you as a child? God is just one of a long list of myths and fairytales.

There is no god whether you like it or not.
You cannot prove God does not exist any more than I can prove that he does exist.

You either see him or you don't.

You can't see him because you don't believe he exists.

I can see him because I believe.

Anyone who discounts the existence of God is, for lack of a better word, stupid. Human beings are infants in a vast multiverse of unending universes.

To think you know for sure that God does not exist is sheer stupidity.

You know nothing.

Absolutely nothing, and it shows.
TrueWords

Niceville, FL

#84702 May 8, 2014
Buck wrote:
<quoted text>
You cannot prove God does not exist any more than I can prove that he does exist.
Anyone who discounts the existence of God is, for lack of a better word, stupid. Human beings are infants in a vast multiverse of unending universes.
You know nothing.
Give him a break maybe. The vast vast majority of guys like him had a really bad experience with their Dad....either he wasn't there at all or was abusive in some kind of way. Notice his reference to childhood. In any case, the notion of a Father figure, the guy who makes the rules, sets the standards, and enforces the rules, becomes corrupted. This easily transfers to the idea of God the Father and the 10 commandments. The precise abuse can be a variety of things, sometimes even a religious upbringing that gets out of control. But it's always the Dad. Note......I can't claim specific knowledge about this guy.....he'd deny it anyway. But I have done a few months research. All I'm saying is, there's a reason and it makes sense to him.
xxxrayted

Berea, OH

#84703 May 8, 2014
TrueWords wrote:
But the left is that way with many things......the issue is not about the issue. The issue can't be GITMO......a headline during the Bush years...still open, renovated even with a 40 mil upgrade. Hardly a peep. The issue can't be the Patriot Act, warrantless wiretaps, NSA spying, executing people in foreign countries......all Bush headlines, day after day after day after day. All still happening, only more so. Hardly a peep. It certainly can't be integrity or fairness. Consider the Clinton-Lewinsky deal, one a young single person, one a married man with children and a stack (one would have hoped) of responsibility to act with some class, as a married man if not President. Who did the Left crucify? What did NOW do? My word, can you imagine if Bush had done that? Economy? There's more people out of work right now than in the last 36 years, the debt is over 17 trillion. Stock market is OK if you have the discretionary money; profits for big companies are way up, small businesses are getting crushed. No problem for the left. It just goes on and on. Integrity? Take the NAACP, the issue is not the issue, if it were you wouldn't give one, and almost two, life time achievement awards to someone who may be the biggest bigots on the planet. The left, by definition, is contrary. So much so, that can make the argument, that ending the life of a quadruple murderer who stabbed to death 2 young women and 2 very small children is murder, but abortion, no matter how late term, is nothing. At the end of the day, and the beginning of it too, you should celebrate the fact that you are not similarly afflicted.
Your post here reminds me of something I thought of the other day. What ever happened to those life-saving stem cells the left was in such ire over? You know, all those Americans suffering with God knows what painful disease, and Bush using his religion to keep them suffering?

I may be wrong since anytime I hear DumBama, I turn the volume down or off (I can't stand his voice any longer) but I don't recall him ever once mentioning those two words: Stem Cells. During the Bush years, stem cells were our salvation. Stem cell technology was going revolutionize medicine. Stem cells were going to bring people back from the dead. Now? Not even a word about them.
Citizen 1

Spokane, WA

#84704 May 8, 2014
Buck Wilder wrote:
<quoted text>

Inslee doesn't know the difference between justice and murder.

He hasn't got the stones to tell the family of a woman who was tortured, raped, and murdered that he won't execute the men who did it.

He's a coward.
What you say about Governor Jay Inslee is the complete opposite of the truth, and what he stands for.

In refusing to enforce the Death Penalty in Washington State, he is not only telling "the family of a woman who was tortured, raped, and murdered that he won't execute the men who did it."

He is telling the whole Nation and the World that same rational statement and conclusion. It is the rest of the Nation's Governors who are Cowards, and whom are only worried about re-election.

Get smarter.
Hurman

Tulsa, OK

#84711 May 8, 2014
Buck Blacker wrote:
<quoted text>
You must have had a bad experience during the course of your life for you to hate the concept of God. You must be inclined to be homosexual, among other things, and I imagine you would not hesitate to cause undo pain and suffering to others.
You love money, food, your own twisted ego, and same sex encounters. You're also lazy, and angry too, but worst of all, you want what others have, things you can't ever have. You have no moral center, and it shows. But keep on beating up the liberals on this thread. God has a way of using people and then spitting them out.
See ya.
You fanatic christians sure are a judgmental, hateful, egotistical lot. I have had a near perfect life and I did it without swallowing fairytales and buying imaginary tickets for the golden chariot. Keep sending in that seed money, or you won't go to heaven.
Hurman

Tulsa, OK

#84712 May 8, 2014
Buck wrote:
<quoted text>
You know nothing.
If someone believes in god they are lost to all logic. No amount of discussion, or reasoning will change their minds. It's sad that people grow up and can't use their own intelligence to lose the concept of an all-seeing, omnificent being. With all the far-reaching technology we have today you'd think that people would outgrow that childish nonsense.

Keep reaching for the sky and wasting your life if you wish. But there is no hell, heaven, god, devil, or angels.
Citizen 1

Spokane, WA

#84714 May 8, 2014
It is yet another good week to be a Liberal Democrat!
Citizen 1

Spokane, WA

#84716 May 8, 2014
The Feds are comin' for your guns soon.

You best run like coward biotches.

Hahahahahaha. Run Forest, Run!
TrueWords

Niceville, FL

#84717 May 8, 2014
Hurman wrote:
<quoted text>If someone believes in god they are lost to all logic. No amount of discussion, or reasoning will change their minds. It's sad that people grow up and can't use their own intelligence to lose the concept of an all-seeing, omnificent being. With all the far-reaching technology we have today you'd think that people would outgrow that childish nonsense.
Keep reaching for the sky and wasting your life if you wish. But there is no hell, heaven, god, devil, or angels.
This is a perfect example of what I was saying. 100% big issues with your Dad, if you had one around, and I'm sorry if that's the case. Your silence is deafening but I'll give you credit for not lying about it. But you poor folks are all the same. Lost to all logic, huh....never mind that Christian High Schools graduate students with much much higher scores in all areas, particularly math and science. Now there you go.....all these young adults who believe in God crushing secular schools in all the sciences. Far reaching technology? Like all of you people, you can't see that we're in the stone age. Every generation of small minds think they have far reaching technology. Leeches were far reaching technology, the cotton gin, radio was magic, the airplane, anti-biotics......and of course, a hundred years from now we'll be the idiots, absolutely wrong in almost everything....the deal is, some of us know we're idiots right now, and some, like you, think we have the answers. We can't make a fish, or a leaf, or a grain of sand, we can't predict storms, man we can't do hardly anything, certainly nothing important. As millions starve and die from disease, as the murder rate sky rockets and our young people turn to drugs for escape......where's your technology?
Hurman

Tulsa, OK

#84719 May 8, 2014
TrueWords wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a perfect example of what I was saying. 100% big issues with your Dad, if you had one around, and I'm sorry if that's the case. Your silence is deafening but I'll give you credit for not lying about it. But you poor folks are all the same. Lost to all logic, huh....never mind that Christian High Schools graduate students with much much higher scores in all areas, particularly math and science. Now there you go.....all these young adults who believe in God crushing secular schools in all the sciences. Far reaching technology? Like all of you people, you can't see that we're in the stone age. Every generation of small minds think they have far reaching technology. Leeches were far reaching technology, the cotton gin, radio was magic, the airplane, anti-biotics......and of course, a hundred years from now we'll be the idiots, absolutely wrong in almost everything....the deal is, some of us know we're idiots right now, and some, like you, think we have the answers. We can't make a fish, or a leaf, or a grain of sand, we can't predict storms, man we can't do hardly anything, certainly nothing important. As millions starve and die from disease, as the murder rate sky rockets and our young people turn to drugs for escape......where's your technology?
"As millions starve and die from disease, as the murder rate sky rockets and our young people turn to drugs for escape......where's your technology?"

Where's your god?

“BET DAP”

Since: Feb 09

GOOM BOWN

#84720 May 8, 2014
Citizen 1 wrote:
The Feds are comin' for your guns soon.
You best run like coward biotches.
Hahahahahaha. Run Forest, Run!
where did you get this news report....on calypso louie's mother wheel ship?

lol

stupidity is the bro's bestest frien'

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News June trial date set in murder case 1 hr yes 2
News Brooklyn man sentenced to 23 years to life in p... 10 hr Gosht71 5
News Video figures into appeal of convicted murderer... (Aug '08) 15 hr BillH 144
News Jury awards $15.5 million to Kevin Fox and his ... (Dec '07) 18 hr Unknown 66
News Man charged with the murder of his girlfriend (Feb '12) Fri Tracy Adams 17
News Appeals court reverses Cindy George's murder co... (Mar '07) Fri frank januzelli 467
News Epithet caused fight that led to Chaparral grad... Fri spytheweb 1
More from around the web