Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks ...

Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

There are 66319 comments on the Wall Street Journal story from Mar 22, 2012, titled Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media. In it, Wall Street Journal reports that:

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wall Street Journal.

Warm Heart

Central City, KY

#81779 Jan 15, 2014
Well said Zazz.
Warm Heart

Central City, KY

#81780 Jan 15, 2014
Big Billy wrote:
<quoted text>
He is a coward of the first order, even afraid to reveal that he's a white man. Any time that black men like myself dares to think intellectually and cross the ideological line we are labeled as nothing more than Uncle Toms. We are turned into pariahs any time one of us wants to escape from the psychological slavery that has been imposed upon us by these guilty white so called liberals.
Spit!
Our people are devastated. Our community is in shambles. Our children are out of control. The family in the traditional sense is practically nonexistent. Our culture is immoral, and our collective soul is corrupt, and you and your high and mighty friend wont even acknowledge this. All you can do is attack a brother for daring to leave the plantation.
We need jobs, discipline, the law, a work ethic, self reliance, real families, responsibility, morality, God,...everything that you cowards rail against. With you stooges it's just "what's in it for me?" Gimme gimme gimme is what you're all about. Not once can you hold an intelligent conversation, all you and your pals can do is deflect and distract and attack and name call, and bellow your narcissistic monologue which does nothing to address the issues that are of real concern in and to the black community.
You can't hold us back or keep us down forever. There are millions of us just like me who are trying to get out and leave the insanity that has taken over our neighborhoods behind. We no longer identify ourselves as liberals. We no longer want or desire support from white liberals, even though we appreciated that support in the past. That support only worked up to a point, but it's not working for us any more. Just look at our condition, it is persistent and malignant, do you really expect us to continue down this road?
Big Billy, it's not just the black community that's going to hell in a hand bag, it's all of us. What's in it for me? Excuse me but I have a job and do not take government hand outs. I support myself thanks. Believe it or not we are all in the same boat, I'm just thankful that I still have a job. I haven't done any name calling on here and I don't plan on doing any in the future. I am not a liberal, I am a democrat and I have never attacked a brother for leaving the plantation. So, after you spit, just let me say, our people are devastated. Our community is in shambles, our children are out of control, the family in the traditional sense is practically nonexistent, our culture is immoral and our collective soul is corrupt. It doesn't really matter what the color of our skin is. God made us all in His image and we are supposed to love one another. Like I said before, we are all in the same boat and when God is kicked out of it, this is what happens.
Warm Heart

Central City, KY

#81781 Jan 15, 2014
PS, I still believe that Be Truthful Be Free is being honest and is very intelligent and like me, he is sick of the hate.

“BET DAP”

Since: Feb 09

GOOM BOWN

#81782 Jan 15, 2014
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
Now, now, you're confused. Zimmerman is the jailbird. Trayvon was never in jail and had no juvenile record.
dade county schools kept Trayvon under the radar? Is that your point?
Btw.....I have no criminal record. According to your logic I would be innocent for banging your head repeatedly into the sidewalk, huh?
cancer suxs

Faribault, MN

#81783 Jan 15, 2014
Lets t moving forward. Yes Trayvon was stalked and murdered by Zimmerman.

Now we need new laws to make sure this does not happen again. Until racism is not longer sued as reason to murder we must fight forward.
Warm Heart

Central City, KY

#81784 Jan 15, 2014
Dear ritedownthemiddle, you would be if someone was holding a gun on you!

Since: Jan 14

San Jose, CA

#81785 Jan 15, 2014
Warm Heart wrote:
Dear ritedownthemiddle, you would be if someone was holding a gun on you!
NO one was holding a gun on anyone Zimmerman shot Trayvon because he was committing felony assault by banging his head onto the sidewalk Give your racism is rest. Martin is dead because he was a punk , not because he was black
on a brighter; side Trayvon would have been 19 this February if he abided by the laws of a civilized society and not wanna be gangster mentality rules
cancer suxs

Faribault, MN

#81786 Jan 15, 2014
hereagain33 wrote:
<quoted text> NO one was holding a gun on anyone Zimmerman shot Trayvon because he was committing felony assault by banging his head onto the sidewalk Give your racism is rest. Martin is dead because he was a punk , not because he was black
on a brighter; side Trayvon would have been 19 this February if he abided by the laws of a civilized society and not wanna be gangster mentality rules
No Zimmerman stalked harassed and threatened Trayvon. Then when Trayvon defended himself Zim murdered him.SIMPLE FACT NAZI.
Warm Heart

Central City, KY

#81787 Jan 15, 2014
hereagain33 wrote:
<quoted text> NO one was holding a gun on anyone Zimmerman shot Trayvon because he was committing felony assault by banging his head onto the sidewalk Give your racism is rest. Martin is dead because he was a punk , not because he was black
So, Trayvon was picking on Zimmerman for no reason? I doubt that. There is no racism in my heart.

“always”

Since: May 12

Ticklaw

#81788 Jan 15, 2014
Probably off topic.

Reeves, the shooter in the the Florida theater claims to have been acting out of fear. To be fair the guy he killed was big, loud, disrespectful and threw a box of popcorn at him. Reeve's was also big, armed and had years of LE experience, weapons training etc.

The theater was not full having only around 30 patrons at the time, moving was an realistic option.

And now... other patrons from a recent matinee have come forward stating that Reeves also hassled them about texting during the previews and became down right scary himself.

Pet peeve? Sound familiar?
cancer suxs

Faribault, MN

#81793 Jan 15, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
A simple fact is you don't know the difference between self-defense and felonious assault.
Yes I do. Trayvon Martin defended himself and Zimmerman MURDERED him. It does not matter what a deep south redneck KKK court says we in civilized states know what happened.

Since: Apr 12

Truth's Door

#81796 Jan 15, 2014
Warm Heart wrote:
PS, I still believe that Be Truthful Be Free is being honest and is very intelligent and like me, he is sick of the hate.
Thank you.

Yes, I am being honest and I am sick of the hate that pervades this thread. Unfortunately, it is only indicative of the hate that rears its ugly head throughout the world.

But Love is greater than hate in so many ways. Love and Compassion are practiced by the overwhelming majority of people throughout the world. Otherwise, I believe that this world would have long ago perished.

Hatred satisfies the appetite of those who hunger for intolerance, bigotry, ignorance.

Some will never change. But there IS hope for many Racists and Haters. History shows us that people can turn from their evil and hateful ways. Love is the intervening force that turns around the heart of the cruelest of those darkened by hate.

It is a great thing when those full of hate turn toward Love. I believe that Heaven and its host of Angels rejoice mightily at such occurrences.

Warm Hearted, you are indeed intelligent and, unlike the vocal majority on this thread, you want no part of the tentacles of hate.

Hallelujah!

Truth's Door

#81797 Jan 15, 2014
cancer suxs wrote:
Lets t moving forward. Yes Trayvon was stalked and murdered by Zimmerman.
Now we need new laws to make sure this does not happen again. Until racism is not longer sued as reason to murder we must fight forward.
AMEN

Truth's Door

#81798 Jan 15, 2014
RuffnReddy wrote:
Probably off topic.
Reeves, the shooter in the the Florida theater claims to have been acting out of fear. To be fair the guy he killed was big, loud, disrespectful and threw a box of popcorn at him. Reeve's was also big, armed and had years of LE experience, weapons training etc.
The theater was not full having only around 30 patrons at the time, moving was an realistic option.
And now... other patrons from a recent matinee have come forward stating that Reeves also hassled them about texting during the previews and became down right scary himself.
Pet peeve? Sound familiar?
Sounds very familiar.

Truth's Door

#81799 Jan 15, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Either way, Zimmerman sustained multiple injuries and not a scratch on Martin. That alone tells you who the attacker was.
Yes, Captain zimmermurder is the one with the three nearly microscopic scratches on his head. All that Trayvon had was a bullet put in his body by a child killer.

And, because you are willfully ignorant, listen up...

Many criminals sustain multiple injuries. The Cap'n wouldn't be the first. Just ask your local police. What planet are you living on? Don't answer. We already know what planet you're NOT living on, mentally that is.
ACLU Hypocracy

France

#81800 Jan 15, 2014
Governor Rick Scott of Florida wants to drug test his State employees, but the American Civil Liberties Union is fighting him in court. What? You have got to be putting me on!!! Since when are illegal activities Civil Liberties??????? What about the civil liberties of the taxpayers in the State of Florida? Oh, I get it. Florida doesn't have a State Income Tax.

LOL. The citizens and the tourists of the Great State of Florida do not want their tax dollars going to pay drug addicts. But the ACLU will do what it must to gain the support of tens of millions of criminal drug abusers, at taxpayer expense.

Of course!

Go figure.

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#81801 Jan 15, 2014
Warm Heart wrote:
<quoted text> It doesn't sound like Be Truthful Be Free is stirring up racial strife to me, as a matter of fact, his posts are the best ones on here. Like he said before, his color doesn't matter and it shouldn't. He sounds a lot more intelligent than most people on this thread. I don't think that he's the one in the phony disguise.
Very well said. Be Truthful Be Free has an understanding that the haters who post here lack., due to their being blinded by hate.

Those people have so much hate in their heart they can't use good judgement.

Hate like this can only be learned at their parent's knee.

Location hidden

#81802 Jan 15, 2014
hereagain33 wrote:
Trayvon is dead because a little man with a Napoleon complex was angry with his wife and felt the need to prove he is a man, even though he isn't. If he were a real man he would have picked on a man instead of an unarmed boy who was minding his own business and was not engaged in any illegal activity.

A person has to be sick, mentally ill, to consider him a hero.

Location hidden

#81803 Jan 15, 2014
ACLU Hypocracy wrote:
Governor Rick Scott of Florida wants to drug test his State employees, but the American Civil Liberties Union is fighting him in court. What? You have got to be putting me on!!! Since when are illegal activities Civil Liberties??????? What about the civil liberties of the taxpayers in the State of Florida? Oh, I get it. Florida doesn't have a State Income Tax.
LOL. The citizens and the tourists of the Great State of Florida do not want their tax dollars going to pay drug addicts. But the ACLU will do what it must to gain the support of tens of millions of criminal drug abusers, at taxpayer expense.
Of course!
Go figure.
"The 11th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals ruled last May that his executive order making consent to suspicionless drug testing a condition of employment was unconstitutional."

You may not have heard but our constitution protects citizens from unreasonable searches.
r13 freon

Moreno Valley, CA

#81804 Jan 15, 2014
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
Trayvon is dead because a little man with a Napoleon complex was angry with his wife and felt the need to prove he is a man, even though he isn't. If he were a real man he would have picked on a man instead of an unarmed boy who was minding his own business and was not engaged in any illegal activity.
A person has to be sick, mentally ill, to consider him a hero.
Your damaged goods

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Child-shooting 'epidemic' 2 hr Bob 8
News More Than 60 People Shot in Chicago 4 hr bozo 1
News Two juveniles plead guilty in man's slaying (Dec '06) 6 hr larry 29
News Man Faces Murder Charges (May '06) 9 hr Indian outlaw 43
News In Newtown, Making Promises To Transform A Tragedy (Dec '13) 11 hr Gene Rosen 6
News Police probe ties between drive-by, stabbing (Sep '07) 14 hr NsL 14 sK 21
News 'Weapon of war' destined for occupied refuge, p... Mon Medewiwin 1
More from around the web