Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks ...

Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

There are 66305 comments on the Wall Street Journal story from Mar 22, 2012, titled Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media. In it, Wall Street Journal reports that:

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wall Street Journal.

Since: Apr 12

Truth's Door

#81797 Jan 15, 2014
cancer suxs wrote:
Lets t moving forward. Yes Trayvon was stalked and murdered by Zimmerman.
Now we need new laws to make sure this does not happen again. Until racism is not longer sued as reason to murder we must fight forward.
AMEN

Since: Apr 12

Truth's Door

#81798 Jan 15, 2014
RuffnReddy wrote:
Probably off topic.
Reeves, the shooter in the the Florida theater claims to have been acting out of fear. To be fair the guy he killed was big, loud, disrespectful and threw a box of popcorn at him. Reeve's was also big, armed and had years of LE experience, weapons training etc.
The theater was not full having only around 30 patrons at the time, moving was an realistic option.
And now... other patrons from a recent matinee have come forward stating that Reeves also hassled them about texting during the previews and became down right scary himself.
Pet peeve? Sound familiar?
Sounds very familiar.

Since: Apr 12

Truth's Door

#81799 Jan 15, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Either way, Zimmerman sustained multiple injuries and not a scratch on Martin. That alone tells you who the attacker was.
Yes, Captain zimmermurder is the one with the three nearly microscopic scratches on his head. All that Trayvon had was a bullet put in his body by a child killer.

And, because you are willfully ignorant, listen up...

Many criminals sustain multiple injuries. The Cap'n wouldn't be the first. Just ask your local police. What planet are you living on? Don't answer. We already know what planet you're NOT living on, mentally that is.
ACLU Hypocracy

France

#81800 Jan 15, 2014
Governor Rick Scott of Florida wants to drug test his State employees, but the American Civil Liberties Union is fighting him in court. What? You have got to be putting me on!!! Since when are illegal activities Civil Liberties??????? What about the civil liberties of the taxpayers in the State of Florida? Oh, I get it. Florida doesn't have a State Income Tax.

LOL. The citizens and the tourists of the Great State of Florida do not want their tax dollars going to pay drug addicts. But the ACLU will do what it must to gain the support of tens of millions of criminal drug abusers, at taxpayer expense.

Of course!

Go figure.

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#81801 Jan 15, 2014
Warm Heart wrote:
<quoted text> It doesn't sound like Be Truthful Be Free is stirring up racial strife to me, as a matter of fact, his posts are the best ones on here. Like he said before, his color doesn't matter and it shouldn't. He sounds a lot more intelligent than most people on this thread. I don't think that he's the one in the phony disguise.
Very well said. Be Truthful Be Free has an understanding that the haters who post here lack., due to their being blinded by hate.

Those people have so much hate in their heart they can't use good judgement.

Hate like this can only be learned at their parent's knee.

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#81802 Jan 15, 2014
hereagain33 wrote:
<quoted text> NO one was holding a gun on anyone Zimmerman shot Trayvon because he was committing felony assault by banging his head onto the sidewalk Give your racism is rest. Martin is dead because he was a punk , not because he was black
on a brighter; side Trayvon would have been 19 this February if he abided by the laws of a civilized society and not wanna be gangster mentality rules
Trayvon is dead because a little man with a Napoleon complex was angry with his wife and felt the need to prove he is a man, even though he isn't. If he were a real man he would have picked on a man instead of an unarmed boy who was minding his own business and was not engaged in any illegal activity.

A person has to be sick, mentally ill, to consider him a hero.

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#81803 Jan 15, 2014
ACLU Hypocracy wrote:
Governor Rick Scott of Florida wants to drug test his State employees, but the American Civil Liberties Union is fighting him in court. What? You have got to be putting me on!!! Since when are illegal activities Civil Liberties??????? What about the civil liberties of the taxpayers in the State of Florida? Oh, I get it. Florida doesn't have a State Income Tax.
LOL. The citizens and the tourists of the Great State of Florida do not want their tax dollars going to pay drug addicts. But the ACLU will do what it must to gain the support of tens of millions of criminal drug abusers, at taxpayer expense.
Of course!
Go figure.
"The 11th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals ruled last May that his executive order making consent to suspicionless drug testing a condition of employment was unconstitutional."

You may not have heard but our constitution protects citizens from unreasonable searches.
r13 freon

Moreno Valley, CA

#81804 Jan 15, 2014
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
Trayvon is dead because a little man with a Napoleon complex was angry with his wife and felt the need to prove he is a man, even though he isn't. If he were a real man he would have picked on a man instead of an unarmed boy who was minding his own business and was not engaged in any illegal activity.
A person has to be sick, mentally ill, to consider him a hero.
Your damaged goods

“no one told me”

Since: Dec 07

Denver

#81805 Jan 15, 2014
Be Truthful Be Free wrote:
<quoted text>
The word of THUG Captain zimmermurderer isn't worth what toilet paper is meant for.
You are very correct, that Thug is not honest. He's not honest in anything he does. He's not honest with 911 operators. He's not honest with going on national talk shows. He's not honest with setting up websites in scamming people out of their money. He's not honest with his marriage. He's not honest with his family. He's not honest with his friends.
Even behind the metallic bars of jail, the Thug leans towards his proclivity of dishonesty to mislead the court. He even snares his wife and sister into his dishonest schemes.
The hateful ones deem such a person a "hero" and a "national treasure". They say that Thug is a "role model" and is to be "admired".
Yes, the smart ones know that Thug Captain zimmermurderer is no honest man. The smart ones know that the THUG Captain is joined at the hip with Lies. The smart ones know that the THUG Captain freely walks through the doors of Deception.
It is the ugly and hateful ones who sing his praises and worship his actions. He did the one thing that they are forever indebted to him for: He killed an innocent Black child.
worthless, racist, scumbag thug Traygone is still dead isn't he?

Good.
out of the blue

Moreno Valley, CA

#81806 Jan 15, 2014
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
"The 11th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals ruled last May that his executive order making consent to suspicionless drug testing a condition of employment was unconstitutional."
You may not have heard but our constitution protects citizens from unreasonable searches.
Curious, do you think politicians are suspicionless for needing a drug test??

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#81807 Jan 15, 2014
Warm Heart wrote:
<quoted text> So, Trayvon was picking on Zimmerman for no reason? I doubt that. There is no racism in my heart.
Your heart is warm and your brain is filled with wisdom.

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#81808 Jan 16, 2014
out of the blue wrote:
<quoted text>
Curious, do you think politicians are suspicionless for needing a drug test??
Politicians should be tested for drugs on a regular basis. Many of them are users..

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#81809 Jan 16, 2014
out of the blue wrote:
<quoted text>
Curious, do you think politicians are suspicionless for needing a drug test??
Florida congressman charged with cocaine possession

Drew Angerer / Getty Images file

Rep. Trey Radel, R-Fla., was arrested on Oct. 29.
By Michael O’Brien, NBC News

A first-term Florida Republican congressman has been charged with misdemeanor possession of a controlled substance, according to charges filed in Washington, D.C., superior court on Tuesday.

Rep. Trey Radel, R-Fla., faces arraignment on Wednesday in Washington. He was arrested on Oct. 29 for alleged possession of cocaine, which was first reported by Politico. The charge carries a statutory maximum sentence of 180 days of imprisonment and/or a fine of $1,000, according to the U.S. Attorney’s office.

Radel released the following statement on Tuesday:

"I'm profoundly sorry to let down my family, particularly my wife and son, and the people of Southwest Florida. I struggle with the disease of alcoholism, and this led to an extremely irresponsible choice. As the father of a young son and a husband to a loving wife, I need to get help so I can be a better man for both of them.

In facing this charge, I realize the disappointment my family, friends and constituents must feel. Believe me, I am disappointed in myself, and I stand ready to face the consequences of my actions.

However, this unfortunate event does have a positive side. It offers me an opportunity to seek treatment and counseling. I know I have a problem and will do whatever is necessary to overcome it, hopefully setting an example for others struggling with this disease.

Please keep my family in your prayers.”

"Members of Congress should be held to the highest standards, and the alleged crime will be handled by the courts," said Michael Steel, a spokesman for House Speaker John Boehner, R-Ohio. "Beyond that, this is between Rep. Radel, his family, and his constituents."

A former actor, comedian and conservative media personality, Radel was elected last fall from a district in south Florida. He's spoken openly about his interest in making the Republican Party seem "cool" to a younger generation, calling himself a "hip hop conservative."

==========

If he had been arrested in Florida he would be facing years in prison. Our Repubiclican legislature has set mandatory minimum terms for druggies like him.

Of course, those laws don't apply to governor's daughters and likely wouldn't apply to him either,
out of the blue

Moreno Valley, CA

#81810 Jan 16, 2014
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
Politicians should be tested for drugs on a regular basis. Many of them are users..
Yeah all those Dr. scripts they get for the real good shit, without any questions. The pot and crack heads usually don't get to be politicians.

I wonder what Pelosi's meds are. How she acts and the things she say's,,screams addict.

out of the blue

Moreno Valley, CA

#81811 Jan 16, 2014
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
Florida congressman charged with cocaine possession
I had a city official ask me if I could get any cocaine once, lol. That was 10 years ago and he's still part of the city consul.
Citizen 1

Spokane, WA

#81812 Jan 16, 2014
The fact that George Zimmerman (and his brother) is a GAY man (men) does not bother me one bit. What does bother me is that he murdered an innocent child, and got away with it...for now.

The Feds are comin' for your guns little cowards Remember Waco, Texas, and Ruby Ridge, Idaho? Yep. Here we come! You have no defense against we Feds!

Since: Jan 14

San Jose, CA

#81813 Jan 16, 2014
RuffnReddy wrote:
Probably off topic.
Reeves, the shooter in the the Florida theater claims to have been acting out of fear. To be fair the guy he killed was big, loud, disrespectful and threw a box of popcorn at him. Reeve's was also big, armed and had years of LE experience, weapons training etc.
The theater was not full having only around 30 patrons at the time, moving was an realistic option.
And now... other patrons from a recent matinee have come forward stating that Reeves also hassled them about texting during the previews and became down right scary himself.
Pet peeve? Sound familiar?
Reeve was also 71 old. The other dude was forty something . I find it hard to believe a former SWAT officer and police Captain killed the guy without provocation........ It is a strange story
Knock your socks off

France

#81822 Jan 16, 2014
Be Truthful Be Free wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Citizen.
How you doing? I''m doing just great. The Racists and Fools up on here are so full of CRAP. You called that character so-called Just the facts out on his plagiaristic ways. That's an ignorant Fool.
I'm about to set his no-good, lying, filthy, ugly, nasty self straight in my next post. What a Liar that character is.
Please continue the good work. I enjoy.you continuing to expose those jerks.
Hi Citizen. How you doing? My, you're such a strange boy. You must be gay. I bet you have a warm heart though, and lots of pizzazz, among other things. Mua!

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#81825 Jan 16, 2014
out of the blue wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah all those Dr. scripts they get for the real good shit, without any questions. The pot and crack heads usually don't get to be politicians.
I wonder what Pelosi's meds are. How she acts and the things she say's,,screams addict.
Politicians should be tested for drugs on a regular basis. Many of them are users.

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#81826 Jan 16, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
It does? Then why do I still have to be drug tested? The federal government requires us to have random drug testing or my employer wouldn't be allowed to have his business.
You ignorant lying fool, I can't believe I have to spoon feed you an explanation.

If you take drugs and drive, you are putting the lives of the public at risk.

As a matter of fact, I think even without taking drugs you are putting the lives of the public at risk. You're crazy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Rapper Jimmy Wopo Dead After Drive-By Shooting ... 13 hr Rob 1
News If an assault weapons ban can't stop school sho... Tue whiney beech 1,016
News Fatal shooting in Wyoming County ruled a homicide Tue Repent 3
News Man gets seven years for murder (Dec '06) Mon Christophers family 70
News Convicted In Slaying, Man Faces Unrelated Charges (Aug '08) Mon Smh 9
News Suspect, victim in early-morning Tuscaloosa sho... Mon bgbill12345 1
News Sister defends brother in parents murder (Mar '07) Mon Conflicted emotions 7