Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks ...

Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

There are 66321 comments on the Wall Street Journal story from Mar 22, 2012, titled Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media. In it, Wall Street Journal reports that:

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wall Street Journal.

Citizen 1

Spokane, WA

#79691 Nov 20, 2013
Piggy wrote:
<quoted text>
I have intellectualized your side of the argument and I have come to the only logical conclusion.
Your side has no argument.
All you got is a bladder full of hot racist air.
Must be tough being you, eh?
A real pisser.
Miss Piggy:

You have a chance to be completely honest here. You can lie, but we will know.

What was the last grade in school which you completed? Just tell.
Piggy

Dallas, TX

#79693 Nov 20, 2013
Citizen 1 wrote:
<quoted text>

Miss Piggy:

You have a chance to be completely honest here. You can lie, but we will know.

What was the last grade in school which you completed?

Just tell.
Your momma!
Citizen 1

Spokane, WA

#79694 Nov 20, 2013
I am white. However, don't the white racists here just hate it that their Boss, their Commander in Chief, and their President is Black? That just must kill you! And to boot, he is in the "White House".

You guys must just wake up angry every day with your blue collar inferior intellect. Hahahahaha...get used to it white racists!
Citizen 1

Spokane, WA

#79695 Nov 20, 2013
Miss Piggy:

Does the cat got your tongue?
Citizen 1

Spokane, WA

#79696 Nov 20, 2013
Piggy wrote:
<quoted text>
Your momma!
Intelligent reply Special Ed. girl. You just answered my question. Hahahaha...
Citizen 1

Spokane, WA

#79698 Nov 20, 2013
Miss Piggy:

Keep tryin'. You have lost yet another round to me! I am simply smarter and more reasonable than you. You must be used to that though.

President Obama won a landslide victory in his second term. Furthermore, second term approval ratings are historically low. He will go down as one of the best Presidents of the United States.

And what is with your little girly term "enword"? You sound ten years old, with a severe Special Ed. situation, and not even a G.E.D.

Good bye...
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#79699 Nov 20, 2013
Citizen 1 wrote:
I am white. However, don't the white racists here just hate it that their Boss, their Commander in Chief, and their President is Black? That just must kill you! And to boot, he is in the "White House".
You guys must just wake up angry every day with your blue collar inferior intellect. Hahahahaha...get used to it white racists!
We racists are laughing at you because your first so-called black president is an utter liar and failure and will be remembered that way. Hahahahahahahah
Citizen 1

Spokane, WA

#79702 Nov 20, 2013
Miss Piggy/Special Ed. Girl:

I didn't mean to make you cry, and run home to Mommy. Gawd, you are just too easy! Way too easy.
Truth

United States

#79703 Nov 20, 2013
Be Truthful Be Free wrote:
<quoted text>Where do you get such information? From one of your renters?

Please provide credible (meaning NOT Faux-News and certainly not UNpatriotic and MOST certainly not Resident Pervert) sources to back up your statement.

Oh yeah, that would also mean NOT Shannity, NOT Drudge, NOT O'Reilly. You know the drill.
Credible source also leaves out Obama. Can't trust a man that represents a party that bood God and Israel now can we. Also lied about Obastardcare, Benghazi, and Guantanamo Bay.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#79705 Nov 20, 2013
Citizen 1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again Miss Piggy. The Feds will soon charge and convict Zimmerman of Human Rights Violations/Murder regarding his Murder of Trayvon. As such, under the law, Zimmerman may not profit in any way from these tragic circumstances. Look it up.
Why don't you look up what legal experts had to say about this? There were several of them commenting on this when it first came out.

They all agree that if Zimmerman was found not-guilty of murder in a local court, they stand no chance in hell at getting any kind of conviction in a federal court. Zimmy would walk again laughing his azz off, and so will we...
Truth

United States

#79706 Nov 20, 2013
Citizen 1 wrote:
Here you go Miss Piggy:

A Son of Sam law is any American law designed to keep criminals from profiting from the publicity of their crimes, often by selling their stories to publishers.

However, this is not in the same manner of asset forfeiture, which is intended to seize assets acquired directly as a result of criminal activity. Where asset forfeiture looks to remove the profitability of crimes by taking away money and assets gained from the crime, Son of Sam laws are designed so that criminals are unable to take advantage of the notoriety of their crimes. Such laws often authorize the state to seize money earned from deals such as book/movie biographies and paid interviews and use it to compensate the criminal's victims. The term "Son of Sam" refers to the nickname of serial killer David Berkowitz, the subject of a notorious 1978 murder case.

In certain cases a Son of Sam law can be extended beyond the criminals themselves to include friends, neighbors, and family members of the lawbreaker who seek to profit by telling publishers and filmmakers of their relation to the criminal. In other cases, a person may not financially benefit from the sale of a story or any other mementos pertaining to the crime—if the criminal was convicted after the date lawmakers passed the law in the states where the crime was committed.

Next?
If only he had been convicted this law would mean something. Looks like he will be rich.
Citizen 1

Spokane, WA

#79707 Nov 20, 2013
PATRIOT DVC wrote:
<quoted text> The WH can be fumigated and remodeled no biggie. The damage is collective. Best thing is this will end the fad of having an afrikant being a cool thing to do hahaha. Never again....
DVC...you must be a Mexican from NM. I am all for your Immigration rights. Don't throw stones if you live in a glass house Mex.
Truth

United States

#79708 Nov 20, 2013
Citizen 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Zimmerman will likely be found guilty on Federal Charges Dumb-arss...= Son of Sam Law.
Highly doubtful he will be charged. They will not get a conviction anyway. It will just waste tax payers money and Zimmerman still gets rich on book deals.
Truth

United States

#79710 Nov 20, 2013
Citizen 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Miss Piggy:

Don't hold your breath. The Department of Justice, and Eric Holder's investigation, is not yet complete. It could go either way, but Zimmy did not help himself at all this week! Also, newer evidence since trial reveals that even Zimmy's own wife doubts his innocence. All of these items will be weighed in Holder's ultimate decision on Zimmy's fate.
Nothing you just mentioned is evidence that will help their case. If his girlfriend was black and he used racial slurs toward her it might help.
Citizen 1

Spokane, WA

#79711 Nov 20, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Credible source also leaves out Obama. Can't trust a man that represents a party that bood God and Israel now can we. Also lied about Obastardcare, Benghazi, and Guantanamo Bay.
Dumb-arss...work on your grammar and punctuation, or nobody will take you seriously. But they won't anyway. Hahahahaha. Silly biotch.
Truth

United States

#79712 Nov 20, 2013
Citizen 1 wrote:
Miss Piggy:

I understand that Federal charges, or even a conviction on those charges, are not a slam dunk, even less so. As I said, it could go either way.

However, the Martin family ALWAYS has the opportunity to prevail in a Civil Suit (Wrongful Death) against Zimmy, and the standard of proof is merely by a "preponderance of the evidence", ie 51% to 49%. This is much easier than beyond a reasonable doubt. You shall see.
He was acquitted for self defense. They will not get a suit. They can't collect anyway. He has nothing.
Truth

United States

#79713 Nov 20, 2013
Be Truthful Be Free wrote:
<quoted text>Indeed they do.

Good to see you.

Please continue to browbeat those nitwits with Knowledge and Truth.

Hate blinds them to Reality and Facts and Truth. They are willing participants along the road of Evil. But, alas, Good ALWAYS triumphs over Evil.
Good does triumph over evil. A thug assaulted someone and he defended himself. The jury agreed.
Truth

United States

#79714 Nov 20, 2013
Citizen 1 wrote:
Did Zimmerman take his own life yet? I read that his GPS tracking device has not moved a foot in 12 hours. Hmmmm...how sad. He could have contributed so much to society.
His greatest contribution to society was removing one more thug.
Citizen 1

Spokane, WA

#79715 Nov 20, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
If only he had been convicted this law would mean something. Looks like he will be rich.
Zimmerman's conviction, which triggers the Son of Sam Law, will be the result of his Federal conviction soon to come. However, I think Zimmy will be dead before then.
Citizen 1

Spokane, WA

#79716 Nov 20, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing you just mentioned is evidence that will help their case. If his girlfriend was black and he used racial slurs toward her it might help.
Wrong. I am speaking of Zimmy murdering black Trayvon Martin. Keep up with me now.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Black Lives Matter* 6 hr Objectivos Blancos 1,186
News Police Work To Solve Cold Case Murders Of Young... (Jul '09) 17 hr SKP 16
News Police clear officer in shooting of teen (Nov '07) Thu Amos N Andy 63
News Is 30 to life right for ex-cop in murder case? Thu Barbara Barnes 1
News Sheldon Mattis and Nyasani Watt convicted: Two ... (Nov '13) Thu Voice Of Dorchester 2
News Updates: Manslaughter conviction in Fresno pot-... (Jan '11) Thu Stop Thieves 4
News BREAKING: Milez free after involuntary manslaug... (Dec '10) Wed Vancouver 41
More from around the web