Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks ...

Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

There are 66307 comments on the Wall Street Journal story from Mar 22, 2012, titled Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media. In it, Wall Street Journal reports that:

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wall Street Journal.

PATRIOY DVC

Tuxtla Gutiérrez, Mexico

#79158 Nov 7, 2013
Sean1030 wrote:
<quoted text>Obviouisly, he caught up with him somehow and shot him. He didn't turn and go home....Once he made the call.. he had done his civic duty...and should have went home
I know its hard for you to fathom but some citizens go above and beyond the call of duty. Its called dedication, justice, work, heroism etc. That was Georges case. He risked his life to keep the suspect in sight so the police could locate him and check him out. Most assholes like Martin get away. And he would have too if he had just went on home instead of hiding in the dark to ambush Zimmerman. In the end everything turned out as well as could be expected.
Number 2

Chicago, IL

#79159 Nov 7, 2013
Sean1030 wrote:
<quoted text>

Let the church say "AMEN" truer words were NEVER spoken
Well thanks Sean. But I still have to disagree with your analysis of the incident. Martin was the one who hid in the bushes and doubled back and attacked George Zimmerman, he just didn't know that he was carrying concealed, the thought prolly never even crossed his mind.

By all acounts, Martin could have ran home at least a half a dozen times, but according to the testimony of Rachel Jeantel he chose not to.

He was gonna teach that "creepy ass cracka/er a lesson.

Any allegation that Zimmerman initially attacked are pure speculation.

There was no evidence presented in the courtroom that confirmed this theory.

And Zimmerman broke no laws when he called police and briefly followed Martin.

And when you learn all the facts about the players, the lawyers, the parents, the girlfriend, the media deception, etc. etc. the only logical conclusion any rational thinking individual can ascertain is that this was an open and shut case of self defense.

He was found Not Guilty.

“no one told me”

Since: Dec 07

Denver

#79161 Nov 7, 2013
Sean1030 wrote:
The bottom line in the Trayvon Martin case is this;
1. BOTH were at fault. Mr. Zimmerman was out looking for trouble. I don't think he was racist.. I think he would have started a fight with a Black Bear had he come across one.
2. Mr. Martin was in idiot for calling his illiterate "girlfriend" rather than calling 911. They profile each other. Mr. Zimmerman thought Mr. Martin was a thug up to no good...and Mr. Martin thought Mr. Zimmerman was an old white man that he could attack and beat up. They both misgauged each other horribly. As black people.. we always want to turn everything into a racial issue. To begin with. Zimmerman is NOT white, he's bi-racial.. Furthermore.. the prosecution did NOT prove their case. They painted Mr. Zimmerman as a racist.... and a trouble maker.. AND he may have been those things.. BUT.. that's NOT what he was on trial for. If I was on that jury, I would have had to vote to acquit as well.
sensible overall, however I don't agree GZ was looking for trouble, the neighborhood was being victimized and TM fit the profile of those doing the crimes. Aren't we allowed to protect ourselves?

“no one told me”

Denver

#79162 Nov 7, 2013
Sean1030 wrote:
<quoted text>You are ABSOLUTELY right. and what people fail to realize is that there had been a rash of break-ins in that neighborhood committed by a group of black teen-aged boys. Zimmerman was just protecting his neighborhood. The reason I said he was out looking for trouble is that the 9-1-1 operator TOLD HIM to stop following Mr. Martin..and he continued. He was looking for trouble. Once you have been told that the police are on their way...and you continue to follow the young man.... you're looking for trouble.
I don't believe that's true, GZ was walking back to his car and TM followed him and confronted him, almost immediately using violence when none was necessary. It's a fact TM was a fight starter, he had been in numerous fights, most people survive without getting in constant fights. How many fights have you been in in the last 5 years? None?

“no one told me”

Denver

#79163 Nov 7, 2013
Sean1030 wrote:
<quoted text>However it was said.. he was advised, by the people he called for help.. that they didn't need him to follow Mr Martin. He chose to anyway.. he was looking for a fight.
Men with guns don't look for fights, that's why they have guns. I'd say GZ showed admirable restraint, many would have emptied their gun in TM as soon as he got in his face. If you take the step of getting in someones face, trouble is going to ensue.

“no one told me”

Denver

#79164 Nov 7, 2013
Sean1030 wrote:
There is plenty of evidence that he followed.. including his own admission
Nope, he was walking back to his car, TM followed. If TM wasn't looking for a fight he could have walked home or simply asked why he was being followed, he did neither.
Truth

United States

#79167 Nov 8, 2013
Sean1030 wrote:
<quoted text>Obviouisly, he caught up with him somehow and shot him. He didn't turn and go home....Once he made the call.. he had done his civic duty...and should have went home
There was no evidence to dispute Zimmerman's statement that he was returning to his vehicle and Martin approached him. If Martin felt threatened he could have call 911 and went home. He decided to attack Zimmerman instead. It is legal in all 57 sates to follow and give directions to police.
Chicagoan by Birth

Mishawaka, IN

#79170 Nov 8, 2013
Sick and tired222 wrote:
<quoted text> Martin must be a popular name for whining negroes Somehow bullying and a pro football player is incongruous How do you go about abusing a man that big? Unless he is a mental midget it would appear to be physically impossible to abuse him From what read he was upset they called him a negro. For the money pro ball players make, you could call ne a negro all day every day. This Martin must be a little light in the loafers or mentally unstable
We agree! This guy wouldn't have lasted two minutes in Vince Lombardi's 'nutcracker drills'. Although Lombardi wouldn't have allowed the chippy talk that is now pervasive in the NFL. Every NFL fan should read a biography of Vince Lombardi, and then come back and talk.
Sean1030

New York, NY

#79171 Nov 8, 2013
PATRIOY DVC wrote:
<quoted text> I know its hard for you to fathom but some citizens go above and beyond the call of duty. Its called dedication, justice, work, heroism etc. That was Georges case. He risked his life to keep the suspect in sight so the police could locate him and check him out. Most assholes like Martin get away. And he would have too if he had just went on home instead of hiding in the dark to ambush Zimmerman. In the end everything turned out as well as could be expected.
In other words.. he was looking for trouble. BOTH of them were looking for trouble.. and they BOTH found it.. and I feel sorry for neither one of them. Personally.. when I call 9-1-1..and a dispatcher gives me advice.. I follow it. I don't run through the dark chasing strangers I don't know because I think they're up to no good.. THAT is looking for trouble.. and when you look for trouble.. you usually find it.. just ask George Zimmerman
Sean1030

New York, NY

#79172 Nov 8, 2013
Number 2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well thanks Sean. But I still have to disagree with your analysis of the incident. Martin was the one who hid in the bushes and doubled back and attacked George Zimmerman, he just didn't know that he was carrying concealed, the thought prolly never even crossed his mind.
By all acounts, Martin could have ran home at least a half a dozen times, but according to the testimony of Rachel Jeantel he chose not to.
And when you learn all the facts about the players, the lawyers, the parents, the girlfriend, the media deception, etc. etc. the only logical conclusion any rational thinking individual can ascertain is that this was an open and shut case of self defense.
He was found Not Guilty.
I NEVER said Mr. Zimmerman attacked him. In fact, if you read my post, I said the opposite.. there is NO DOUBTin my mind that Mr. Martin attacked him. He profiled him.. saw what he thought was a defenseless white man..and attacked him.. he didn't plan on the man having a gun and busting a cap in his ass. As I said from the beginning.. They profiled each other..and both lost. MrZ. thought that Mr. Martin was up to no good (which he probably was) because he was a young black man wearing a hoodie.. and Mr. Martin thought that Mr. Z was an easy target to beat up.. he gambled and lost. BOTH of them had the opportunity to walk away..and neither took it.. so I don't feel sorry for either of them.
Sean1030

New York, NY

#79173 Nov 8, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
There was no evidence to dispute Zimmerman's statement that he was returning to his vehicle and Martin approached him. If Martin felt threatened he could have call 911 and went home. He decided to attack Zimmerman instead. It is legal in all 57 sates to follow and give directions to police.
What's legal..and what's ethical and common sense are two different things. I see strange young black boys in my neighborhood all the time. I call the police from behind a locked door.. I don't follow or confront them. If I did, I would be looking for trouble. Do NOT get me wrong.. I PERSONALLY believe that Mr. Martin got what he deserved.. a cap in his ass.. However, Mr. Zimmerman was no angel. You don't go around following people because TO YOU they look like they're up to no good.
Sean1030

New York, NY

#79174 Nov 8, 2013
Number 2 wrote:
<quoted text>
He was found Not Guilty.
And do not get me wrong.. if I was on the jury, I would have acquitted as well.. I do believe it was self defense.. However,,I still believe that Mr. Zimmerman was looking for trouble.. I'm sorry
Big Fat zazz

Montréal, Canada

#79177 Nov 8, 2013
Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>

We agree! This guy wouldn't have lasted two minutes in Vince Lombardi's 'nutcracker drills'.

Although Lombardi wouldn't have allowed the chippy talk that is now pervasive in the NFL.

Every NFL fan should read a biography of Vince Lombardi, and then come back and talk.
Sorry to see Aaron Rodgers get injured.

Those Bears are some bad mothers.
PATRIOT DVC

Mexico, Mexico

#79179 Nov 8, 2013
Sean1030 wrote:
<quoted text>In other words.. he was looking for trouble. BOTH of them were looking for trouble.. and they BOTH found it.. and I feel sorry for neither one of them. Personally.. when I call 9-1-1..and a dispatcher gives me advice.. I follow it. I don't run through the dark chasing strangers I don't know because I think they're up to no good.. THAT is looking for trouble.. and when you look for trouble.. you usually find it.. just ask George Zimmerman
It doesn't mean that everyone that doesn't follow your set pattern of calling 911 is"looking for trouble". Every 911 call is different. Some people are timid and frightened by the least thing and others are not. Personally I may have followed the little creep myself. And most likely would have when I noticed him trying to run and hide. That's just me but in no way does trying to keep a suspect in sight amount to looking for trouble. Following someone but without any type of engagement doesn't qualify as anything. Basically the same thing would have happened to anyone that was simply walking the same route of Martin. He would have jumped them in the dark too. Because Zimmerman had had no verbal contact with him up until he jumped out of the dark. Bottom line no wrongdoing can be shown by George Zimmerman that night and the case is CLOSED. This silly followup by folks trying to sanctify the dead thug is a waste of time. I do intend to see that the truth prevails here and anywhere else an innocent man is accused. That includes the unlawful threat by eric holder and his racist kangaroo court investigation goon squad too!

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#79180 Nov 8, 2013
Facts wrote:
<quoted text>
You lying sack of sh!t!
It looks like you spot in front of the machine opened up, BottleQueen.

Move along.
PATRIOT DVC

Mexico, Mexico

#79181 Nov 8, 2013
Heres another coon qualified for Presidential adoption! Hes only a baby at 16. Too bad hes not a dead baby.
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/...

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#79182 Nov 8, 2013
Sick and tired222 wrote:
Football was taken over by blacks
Same thing going on in your bedroom after you pass out in your mancave, eh?

Maybe you can stick to lacrosse?
Sean1030

New York, NY

#79183 Nov 8, 2013
People who have nothing better to do than watch men chase balls down fields are idiots anyway
Big Fat Barefoot

Saint Louis, MO

#79184 Nov 8, 2013
Sean1030 wrote:
People who have nothing better to do than watch men chase balls down fields are idiots anyway
Not as big as the idiots who watch men chase others down streets and murder them in cold blood.

I would hope that you would at least be willing to give the police a description and testify against them in court.
Barefoot Post Count

Saint Louis, MO

#79185 Nov 8, 2013
10/18/13---73,026 posts.

11/08 13---74,776 posts.

1,750 posts in 21 days.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Attorneys move to dismiss Traci Rhode case: Loc... (Apr '07) 9 hr jessica 61
News JonBenet: Paula Woodward on New Book, John Rams... 22 hr Rainbow334 7
News Attorney: Mississippi man shot in head by police Thu kosher nostra bibi 3
News Second arrest made in shooting (Jan '09) Thu Brother n law 93
News Shumpert legal fights continues to shift, narrow Wed Anonymous 30
News Trial for shooting pushed to December Wed Bryan davis 2
News Scesny convicted of murder and rape (Mar '12) Sep 20 Jomminy Crickets 83
More from around the web