Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks ...

Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

There are 66307 comments on the Wall Street Journal story from Mar 22, 2012, titled Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media. In it, Wall Street Journal reports that:

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wall Street Journal.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#79005 Nov 4, 2013
Truth wrote:
Barefoot must really love being called out every time it lies.
You told us Obama had the flags lowered when Whitney Houston died, SockLoad.

And I offered to quit posting on this thread when you proved it.

Funny: you haven't posted proof and you are still posting.
barefoot2626

San Jose, CA

#79006 Nov 4, 2013
I have to stop posting for a while, my gay lover is coming and after he helps me out of this wheelchair and puts a bib on me, my chin will be sloppy for a while.
The Truth

Santa Clara, CA

#79007 Nov 4, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Same as OJ.
And the juror insists he got away with murder.
The pedophile will not escape justice.
He's already been involved with one assault and one vandalism, he will pull it on someone who isn't going to take his cr@p.
For the 3rd time dumb@ss... the juror was quoted as saying "Before the trial, I thought he got away with murder".

Obviously if a juror thought the defendant was guilty, they would have voted that way and we wouldn't be having this idiotic conversation.

Sit down and shut the fu@k up son.
The Truth

Santa Clara, CA

#79008 Nov 4, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
OJ was not guilty.
Still waiting: where oh where is that proof that Obama lowered the flags when Whitney Houston died.
You think OJ was innocent? Do you understand how stupid you sound when you say that? Do you recall the book that is called "If I Did It" based on how OJ explained how it went down that night.... I guess you would need to learn how to read first. I blame your parents... er... wait.... what am I thinking. You don't even know who your daddy is. That happens when mammy uses substandard condoms to conduct her business. Busy night + several broken rubbers = who's your daddy? Poor barefoot.....

Again, sit down and shut the fu@k up before even your mammy disowns you.
Janitor

Vancouver, WA

#79010 Nov 4, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Read the link that was posted here a few days ago
That is not what the report says and that is not what the expert witness said either
I read the report and that's exactly what was said in the original statement. And, later, the finding was revised to say it "might have had an effect".
Janitor

Vancouver, WA

#79012 Nov 4, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Pleas
Is this another of your misspellings? Did you misspell please? or plea?
Janitor

Vancouver, WA

#79013 Nov 4, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Please show us what evidence that shows Zim started the fight..........
Waiting.........
Now I posted a list of evidence that does prove that ashtray started the fight
Ashtray only had two wounds
His knuckles from hitting Zim and a bullet in the chest
Ashtray had no defensive wounds and Zim did
The grass stains prove Zim was on his back and ashtray was on one knee
All that proved was that Martin was on top, and your continuing to refer to Martin as "ashtray" shows why you see things the way you do. Since your defaming name calling shows only your contempt and the fact that Zimmerman was down meant he wasn't very good at fighting. Though his past record of assault showed who was most likely to have started the confrontation. That, and the fact that he took off after a person who wasn't doing anything with a gun yelling racial slurs.
Janitor

Vancouver, WA

#79015 Nov 4, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again
I read it also
It was posted here for you to read??
No it wasn't and you read into it what you chose to see. Such as referring to a fracture as a break. The definition of a fracture is a crack and since the nose has no bone but only membrane it was what I said from the beginning, a bloody nose. I've had my nose broken in boxing matches and they didn't even brace Zimmerman's nose, according to the medical reports. Like I said, you see what you want because you want to justify a lunatic with a gun chasing after a young boy who didn't give him any reason, because, like you, he was a bigoted cop wanna be. You would most likely have done the same thing, in one of your multiple role playing personalities I'm sure,(most likely the Patriot), and there for see it as you would if it were you.
The Truth

Santa Clara, CA

#79017 Nov 4, 2013
Janitor wrote:
<quoted text>
All that proved was that Martin was on top, and your continuing to refer to Martin as "ashtray" shows why you see things the way you do. Since your defaming name calling shows only your contempt and the fact that Zimmerman was down meant he wasn't very good at fighting. Though his past record of assault showed who was most likely to have started the confrontation. That, and the fact that he took off after a person who wasn't doing anything with a gun yelling racial slurs.
Looks like the janitor is another one that likes to make $hit up. Running after him with his gun out and yelling racial slurs? You have got to be kidding me.... You and barefoot must be related somehow...

Again... Walking or even "running" as you put it, behind someone is not a crime. The only law broken that night was when Martin attacked the "creepy ass cracker" because he didn't like where he was walking.

Martin got exactly what he deserved. The world applauds Zimmerman.
Janitor

Vancouver, WA

#79018 Nov 4, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
And the proof for that is where???
Ashtray would be stupid enough to try and tackle someone that had a gun.........LOL
But then they would not have been rolling around on the ground for 5 minutes..........
But animals don't understand that
And, the proof of that is where. Anyone fast can knock a gun from another persons hand. I was taught to do it routinely, in self defense training. And, all you have to do is sweep the legs from someone and land on them with both knees, also common practice in self defense classes and they would have ended up in exactly the same position as Zimmerman. The fact that he did only indicates he wasn't prepared for someone who could fight back. Even if he had been, as he said returning to the van, when he was confronted by Martin, he would still have had the weapon and would still have had the upper hand if you couldn't disarm him. As for the five minutes of rolling around on the ground, I don't know what imaginary facts you derived that time line from. However, since you ended the statement with the word animal, it makes it clear what you think of blacks, as usual. One bigot backing up another bigot's vicious behavior.
Janitor

Vancouver, WA

#79019 Nov 4, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow you're an idiot. He made no racial slur. M.E. Clearly said marijuana level could effect behavior. You have stupid opinion moron. I go by the facts and evidence. The only racial slurs were from Martin before he attacked Zimmerman. That is a fact. Now go collect some stool samples. You continue to lie and look like a fool.
Facts as you see them. As for the last insult, I don't reduce myself to using those, they are childish. By the way, if you went by facts you'd know idiot and moron are two levels of mental state commonly used in scientific classification, one being the state of a person who is only capable of simple work without supervision and the other as a person with the mentality of a two year old or younger. And, no one has any record of Martin making racial slurs, though they are quite clear on the tape of the call to 9 11. You're the one who's lying and have convinced yourself alone.

Since: Oct 08

Alpharetta, GA

#79021 Nov 4, 2013
get well soon trayvon, we're all pulling for you

Since: Apr 12

Truth's Door

#79023 Nov 4, 2013
PATRIOT DVC wrote:
<quoted text> That hot wine piss of Jesus must be drying by now. Need a refresher just wait till later this afternoon when me n sweetiepie leave the beach Ill refresh your face you silly appeaser mf!
A Huge swampland Plantation with no afrikans except in the cemetery up north. Down here Beer is cold. Seafood fresh and Seņoritas bountiful! Hahaha If my good White Lord made anything better than this he kept it for himself! Hahaha!
Ye of little (meaning "NO") faith!

The Gift of The Lord that He has promised His faithful is NOT "A Huge swampland Plantation with no afrikans."

You are a Foolish Cretin. That must be the limits of your "good White Lord," but the Promise of The Creator is beyond plantations, beyond the human limits of mankind.

If you dare to read the promises of the One True Lord, then you will clearly see that the bountiful blessings that He has to shower among His faithful is beyond "seafood fresh and seņoritas."

And, just to show the difference between your god and my God and how inferior your god is...

You say that your god keeps the best of what he has to himself. Not so my God. My God has given to me (and to the world) the Very Best that He has.

He has given me His only begotten Son. "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son." Have you not heard, you Idiot?

My Beautiful God also has given me His Love. He has given me life itself. If all your god has to give you are plantations, seafood fresh and seņoritas, then you need to leave that pitiful god.

So, while your god gives you vanity and passing fancies, my God shares with me the Very Best that He has. I knew all along that your so-called god is a selfish one. But, of course it is. You say your god is "White." Humor me. What is its' name? Where does it live? What kind of car does it drive? Is it married? What kinds of food does it eat?

Your god is as false as your mind. That is a good thing for you! The Lord of the universe awaits you to turn from your iniquities, to seek repentance and ask for forgiveness. You best hurry, for your days are numbered.

You are a laughable Fool. You even forget not to intertwine the personalities of your multiple profiles on this thread.

Take a lesson from the Resident Pervert...even he embraces his multiple profiles.

But the both of you evil and unhappy creatures need to embrace the Peace of The Lord!
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#79024 Nov 4, 2013
Janitor wrote:
<quoted text>
And, the proof of that is where. Anyone fast can knock a gun from another persons hand. I was taught to do it routinely, in self defense training. And, all you have to do is sweep the legs from someone and land on them with both knees, also common practice in self defense classes and they would have ended up in exactly the same position as Zimmerman. The fact that he did only indicates he wasn't prepared for someone who could fight back. Even if he had been, as he said returning to the van, when he was confronted by Martin, he would still have had the weapon and would still have had the upper hand if you couldn't disarm him. As for the five minutes of rolling around on the ground, I don't know what imaginary facts you derived that time line from. However, since you ended the statement with the word animal, it makes it clear what you think of blacks, as usual. One bigot backing up another bigot's vicious behavior.
You are so full of it. The Iron Broom Sweep is an advanced martial arts move and no, you can't use it for taking a gun away from somebody. Every single time somebody pizzes on your story, you create a new version.

The only known self-defense move against a gun is where the gunman is at extremely close range, and even then, you're still likely to get shot doing the move. If you ever did take a real martial arts course, they have a fake gun with a clicker on it. When you squeeze the trigger, the click sounds demonstrating how nearly impossible it is to disarm a gunman.

In any case, the forensic expert that testified stated that Martin was indeed bent over George Zimmerman. Besides the blood splatter, his measurements showed that Martin's shirt was several inches from his body, meaning that he was bent over when he was shot.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#79025 Nov 4, 2013
Janitor wrote:
<quoted text>
No it wasn't and you read into it what you chose to see. Such as referring to a fracture as a break.
Sure it was and in fact, I kept the article in my Zimmerman folder. Here it is again:

http://abcnews.go.com/m/story...

And just so you don't look as uneducated as you do now, here is a medical dictionary with the word Fracture:

http://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.c...

Fractures
Definition
A fracture is a complete or incomplete break in a bone resulting from the application of excessive force.
The Truth

Santa Clara, CA

#79026 Nov 4, 2013
Be Truthful Be Free wrote:
<quoted text>
Ye of little (meaning "NO") faith!
The Gift of The Lord that He has promised His faithful is NOT "A Huge swampland Plantation with no afrikans."
You are a Foolish Cretin. That must be the limits of your "good White Lord," but the Promise of The Creator is beyond plantations, beyond the human limits of mankind.
If you dare to read the promises of the One True Lord, then you will clearly see that the bountiful blessings that He has to shower among His faithful is beyond "seafood fresh and seņoritas."
And, just to show the difference between your god and my God and how inferior your god is...
You say that your god keeps the best of what he has to himself. Not so my God. My God has given to me (and to the world) the Very Best that He has.
He has given me His only begotten Son. "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son." Have you not heard, you Idiot?
My Beautiful God also has given me His Love. He has given me life itself. If all your god has to give you are plantations, seafood fresh and seņoritas, then you need to leave that pitiful god.
So, while your god gives you vanity and passing fancies, my God shares with me the Very Best that He has. I knew all along that your so-called god is a selfish one. But, of course it is. You say your god is "White." Humor me. What is its' name? Where does it live? What kind of car does it drive? Is it married? What kinds of food does it eat?
Your god is as false as your mind. That is a good thing for you! The Lord of the universe awaits you to turn from your iniquities, to seek repentance and ask for forgiveness. You best hurry, for your days are numbered.
You are a laughable Fool. You even forget not to intertwine the personalities of your multiple profiles on this thread.
Take a lesson from the Resident Pervert...even he embraces his multiple profiles.
But the both of you evil and unhappy creatures need to embrace the Peace of The Lord!
You do know the definition of "faith" right???

Believing in something that can't be proven. Funny how you think that "your god" is any different that Santa Claus or Superman. If I believe they exist, then they do and they are exactly as I want them to be. Why? Because they are my creation. The idea of this figure was created by someone else... you know, just like the idea of jesus/god. Except the idea was created to separate people thousands of years ago and create army's. Today, it's just a bunch of people using gods name to get rich. The funny part is, the idiotic sheep that keep giving money. You're obviously one of those animals who need a "rule book" to live by.

"Send me money, send me green and heaven you will meet. Make a contribution and get a better seat!"

Best lyrics ever written.

Sorry. You're a sheep who's being taken for what money your do have...
Truth

United States

#79029 Nov 4, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>You told us Obama had the flags lowered when Whitney Houston died, SockLoad.

And I offered to quit posting on this thread when you proved it.

Funny: you haven't posted proof and you are still posting.
Funny how I have proven you a liar on every post yet you are so ignorant you are still here. We just laugh at you. Remove the Trayglaze from your face.
Truth

United States

#79030 Nov 4, 2013
Janitor wrote:
<quoted text>All that proved was that Martin was on top, and your continuing to refer to Martin as "ashtray" shows why you see things the way you do. Since your defaming name calling shows only your contempt and the fact that Zimmerman was down meant he wasn't very good at fighting. Though his past record of assault showed who was most likely to have started the confrontation. That, and the fact that he took off after a person who wasn't doing anything with a gun yelling racial slurs.
Martin's attack of a bus driver and his tweets of assaulting people can suggest he started the fight and the autopsy report that fails to provide evidence he was attacked yet photos and medical records supports Zimmerman that he was attacked. Also Zimmerman never made a racial slur but Martin definitely did as testified to by his own girlfriend. Amazing how a black racist can completely flip the evidence and proof. You're not fooling anybody little fellow.
Truth

United States

#79031 Nov 4, 2013
Janitor wrote:
<quoted text>No it wasn't and you read into it what you chose to see. Such as referring to a fracture as a break. The definition of a fracture is a crack and since the nose has no bone but only membrane it was what I said from the beginning, a bloody nose. I've had my nose broken in boxing matches and they didn't even brace Zimmerman's nose, according to the medical reports. Like I said, you see what you want because you want to justify a lunatic with a gun chasing after a young boy who didn't give him any reason, because, like you, he was a bigoted cop wanna be. You would most likely have done the same thing, in one of your multiple role playing personalities I'm sure,(most likely the Patriot), and there for see it as you would if it were you.
A fracture is a break. Still stuck on stupid. Others here see the evidence. Like most ignorant racists you just see the color. Not guilty. Your lies and ignorance will change nothing.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#79032 Nov 4, 2013
Barestool Post Count wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing is totally harmless, but in the grand scheme of things pot is definitely towards the bottom of the list.
Compared with Heroin, Cocaine, Meth, Illegal Drugs, Prescription Narcotics, Alcohol, Tobacco, Trans Fat, Greazy Fried Chicken, Foods that are High in Cholesterol, High Risk Unprotected Sex, Homosexuality, Lack of Exercise, Idleness, Liberalism, and a Whole List of Other Things, Marihuana is Relatively Harmless, especially if it is used in Moderation.
But it can still be addictive.
Nevertheless, anything can be harmful if it is not moderated.
Locking people up for merely being in possession of marihuana is a strain on our criminal justice system. Our jails and prisons and courtrooms are full of pot smokers who have broke NO LAW other than to be in possession of the substance.
In the meantime, thousands of violent felons get early releases because of overcrowding.
The United Nations is a JOKE!
The United States should have abandoned it years ago.
It is by far one of the most corrupt organizations on the face of the planet.
Our politicians have sold us down the road.
If we ever become slaves to the United Nations it will be all over for us.
Like it or not, we have a treaty with them and it's only a matter of time before we find out if the US will stick to it.

You don't get locked up for having pot unless you have a pretty good amount of it. Nobody is going to jail for a joint or a dime bag. It's been some time since I looked up how much pot gets you what, but over a certain amount they consider it being for sale.

Years ago in our state, they had a vote to allow first time offenders go to rehab instead of jail. It was voted down by a two to one margin. I couldn't believe it myself, but it was a good indicator of how the public feels about drugs. I voted for it because I figured it was less expensive and everybody deserves a chance. Like you, I thought our prisons were too full of non-violent offenders.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Fox Lake men say they were detained illegally d... 2 hr Irish Willie 3
News How Obama addressed 'many sides' after Dallas p... 5 hr Galt 63
News Onondaga DA among many named in civil rights su... 9 hr local yokel 109
News An Azusa neighborhood has become a common groun... (Aug '09) 17 hr Fly yung red 220
News 4 people charged in drive-by Tue Judge Roy Bean 3
News West Plains student is charged with threatening... (Dec '12) Sun elf 52
News Police clear officer in shooting of teen (Nov '07) Aug 20 Steven Deaks 65
More from around the web