Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks ...

Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

There are 66313 comments on the Wall Street Journal story from Mar 22, 2012, titled Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media. In it, Wall Street Journal reports that:

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wall Street Journal.

xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#78569 Oct 29, 2013
PATRIOT DVC wrote:
<quoted text> Well its official. She has turned the dead thug into an official business. Shes even got business cards to advertise. Think Im bullshitting? Hell no here she is bragging about the cards.....Shes probably selling Kevlar vests too!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =qJR9jd2rsfkXX
The bitch of no shame!
Typical. "My baby didn'ts do no wrong."

I like towards the end when she said "we are sensitive about our children." Yeah? Well you weren't too sensitive when you threw the kid out now were you? LOL!
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#78570 Oct 29, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
If his mouth is moving he is usually lying. The ignorant sheeple will still believe. Such an ignorant group of followers.
Also known as the Low Information Voters.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#78573 Oct 29, 2013
Subrina Lies Her Butt Off wrote:
"Senators bicker over state stand your ground laws"
"WASHINGTON (AP)— Trayvon Martin's mother told a panel of senators Tuesday that state stand your ground self-defense laws do not work and must be amended, reviving the politically charged gun control issue."
"Democrats who hold majority power in the Senate and are trying to keep it supported Sybrina Fulton's call. Republicans, led by Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas, said the matter should be left to the states that passed the laws."
""The states are doing quite well...without our interference," Rep. Louie Gohmert testified to the Senate Judiciary Committee."
"Said Cruz: "This is not about politicking. This is not about inflaming racial tensions. This is about the right of everyone to protect themselves and protect their families." Cruz made reference to statistics he said which show that blacks cite stand your ground laws at least as often as whites."
"But race and politics were woven into the event and in the broader public policy debate. There's little willingness in Congress to weigh in on the laws of 22 states that have some form of the policy. These laws generally cancel a person's duty to retreat in the face of a serious physical attack."
"But members of Congress are busily engaged in their re-election efforts for next year's midterms, with 35 seats at stake in the Senate, all 435 seats in the GOP-controlled House and the majorities of both chambers hanging in the balance. Gun control is a politically divisive issue, more so in the wake of mass shootings in Newtown, Conn., the Washington Navy Yard and more."
"The 2012 shooting death of Martin, 17 and unarmed, and the acquittal this year of neighborhood watch volunteer George, Zimmerman stirred racial tensions and sparked debate over stand your ground laws in Florida and at least 21 other states."
"Martin's mother told the panel that she attended the hearing so senators can "at least put a face with what has happened with this tragedy.""
""I just wanted to come here to...let you know how important it is that we amend this stand your ground because it certainly did not work in my case," Fulton said, speaking without consulting prepared remarks. "The person that shot and killed my son is walking the streets today. This law does not work.""
http://news.yahoo.com/senators-bicker-over-st...
What a dog and pony show. The federal government cannot tell states what laws they are allowed or disallowed to make unless it violates the US Constitution. If they are going to do that, they should have states make a George Zimmerman law that says you don't have to wait to get the crap beat out of you before you use your firearm.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#78574 Oct 29, 2013
lil ole me wrote:
<quoted text>
Grandpa said you should move if you're not happy with your neighborhood.
Tell grandpa that would only be a temporary solution. Tell grandpa that blacks are the only race in the world (with the exception of those with religious or territorial issues) that strive to move away from their very own kind. So it's only a matter of time before they find me and move in over there.
spike

Akron, OH

#78575 Oct 29, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell grandpa that would only be a temporary solution. Tell grandpa that blacks are the only race in the world (with the exception of those with religious or territorial issues) that strive to move away from their very own kind. So it's only a matter of time before they find me and move in over there.
That is so true. Who in their right mind would move into a neighborhood full of those idiots?

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#78577 Oct 29, 2013
Truth wrote:
The law works just fine.
A pedophile is still running loose.

He will rn into the law again.

Location hidden

#78578 Oct 29, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
Tell grandpa that blacks are the only race in the world (with the exception of those with religious or territorial issues) that strive to move away from their very own kind.
Everyone in the USA moved here from their very own kind, you very stupid m/f c/s liar.

Of course: people may move away from you because you are a low life bigoted c/s racist turd and they notice their property disappears whenever you are around, but I know it isn't because of your race.
Truth

United States

#78580 Oct 29, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>A pedophile is still running loose.

He will rn into the law again.
The pedophile is no longer running loose. His mother sent him away to his father. He was put down soon after when he attacked George Zimmerman. You should thank him.

“no one told me”

Since: Dec 07

Denver

#78581 Oct 29, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Before my neighborhood changed, we had liberals all over telling me how our suburb was not integrated enough. When they finally got their wish, it was those goody two-shoe liberals who were the first to sell out and head for higher ground. Now I'm sure they preach brotherhood from their new all-white city.
Chrissy Poo Mathews lives in Chevy Chase, MD, as white as it gets.
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

#78586 Oct 29, 2013
Evidence wrote:
Yep, Obama threatened NBC, and NBC dropped the bombshell story about how Obama KNEW that millions of people were not going to be able to keep their health care coverage.
The story, and the many thousands of angry comments suddenly "disappeared from NBC servers.
Obama deceived us, big time!
What a FILTHY LIAR!
Impeach him already!
PATRIOT DVC

Oaxaca, Mexico

#78590 Oct 30, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone in the USA moved here from their very own kind, you very stupid m/f c/s liar.
Of course: people may move away from you because you are a low life bigoted c/s racist turd and they notice their property disappears whenever you are around, but I know it isn't because of your race.
You are a typical liberal retard. When the facts are against them they begin false accusations and lies to draw attention away from the truth. The words bigot and racist are their top of the line accusations to silence a persons opinion. It doesn't work with me. I spot them and call them out like Im doing this pervert now.
GFY!

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#78595 Oct 30, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
That was establisher a long time ago.
Putting aside of course the pedophile was on prescription drugs and has already been through drug rehab at least once.
And no one knows what he was on when he killed this boy.
A "boy" whom was 6'1" and 195# football player, who attacked someone who axed him a question? Give it a rest.
Janitor

Vancouver, WA

#78596 Oct 30, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Police record means nothing when a black animal attacks you......
Bottom line ashtray had only two injuries.......
Busted knuckles and a bullet hole
Zim had multiple injuries to his face and head
If you would have read his twitter account before it was deleted you would have seen plenty of gang activities
Lots of photos showing him flashing gang signs
His writing was filled with gang slogans
But the only thing needed to prove Zim innocent was the fact that Zim was beaten and ashtray was not.........
Zimmermman was beaten by a seventeen year old kid, who he shouldn't have been chasing, with his gun. The fact that he couldn't fight without a gun to make him big and powerful was his own doing.

And, as for Martin's using gang language, so what, if he wrote it or said it, all kids like to talk tough, and that includes white kids too. All you have to do is get around a bunch of white supremacists to see that. They all talk like you, with the racial slurs and the tough guy slang. You were the one who said hoody was gang slang. If that were true every kid in the school I work in and every other kid from grade school through college and a good big part of their teachers and school staff would be talking gang slang. In fact, most of the terms used by kids in their day to day exchanges could be called gang slang, since all kids like to use them. Saying a person speaks gang banger talk is as ignorant and idiotic as the way people used to say everything young people and, again, a big part of the adult crowd who had adapted the idioms, were talking "hippy talk". And, it was done with the same thoughtless animosity,(this I can well remember).

In fact, you say his twitter was filled with gang violence, and any I saw simply had the same commonly used language I hear all the time from the kids in the school where I work. You see it because you want to see it. It's an excuse for continuing with your racist, black hating logic, or rather illogic as is the case here.

And, you still haven't shown any proof in any of your posts where this illegal weapon he was supposed to have been about to run out and buy came from. Your own imagination for the purpose of rationalizing a mindless, violent attack by a wanna be rambo is a good guess however.
Janitor

Vancouver, WA

#78597 Oct 30, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
No Felony on his record and the state issued him a permit to carry a gun
He did not need a reason to carry a gun........it is his right to carry a gun.....
Ashtray matched the description of a recent rash of burglaries.......
Young black men wearing a hood over their head........
All of the evidence shows that Zim was attacked by ashtray
Ashtray had no marks from Zim grabbing or hitting him
Whitenesses said ashtray was on the top backing up Zims statement
When Zim was told their was a video you could see and hear he was relieved......
I was forced to use a gun twice.....
Until you are in that situation you will not understand....
If Zim assaulted ashtray why nor marks?????
So every kid wearing a hoody was automatically subject,(oh yes, only young blackmen), and they should be chased by some gun toting whacko, self appointed vigilante with the obvious intention of killing one of those "fu--ing coons". The fact that mr tough guy couldn't fight without his gun isn't too surprising. All talk and no no substance, like most of his ilk. If someone came after me with a gun and I got him down, I'd be compelled to to beat on him for a bit before I stopped. Better than getting shot, though , in this case, the wimp got lucky and still ended up killing an unarmed kid. I don't know what you call assault but a gun shot at point blank range sounds like one to me.

By the way, I was mugged on more than one occasion and on one of them I was knocked out and left on the street by the white gang who did it. I took karate and arnise after that and packed a piece of rebar on a leather thong after that. If one of the tough talking he men like Zimmerman had attacked me I'd have laid his head open with it.
Janitor

Vancouver, WA

#78598 Oct 30, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
If you listen to the original tape Zim never mentioned that ashtray was black until dispatch asked him
But we have plenty of evidence that ashtray was a racist
What evidence? Where was this evidence you speak of? On the other hand I only had to listen to the words used by Zimmerman to know he was a bigot, when it came to young black men.
Janitor

Vancouver, WA

#78599 Oct 30, 2013
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again
People like ashtray and bareback are the ones wanting segregation
They want to be separate and different but demand more than equal treatment......
More of the typical twisted rationalization of the white racist. Like you knew anything at all about Martin's thinking.
cracker

Seattle, WA

#78600 Oct 30, 2013
Janitor wrote:
<quoted text>
More of the typical twisted rationalization of the white racist. Like you knew anything at all about Martin's thinking.
ahole, the racist thug got what he was asking for, go for it big boy.

Location hidden

#78603 Oct 30, 2013
Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>A "boy" whom was 6'1"
No matter how many times you retell this lie, Afterbirth, it doesn't become true.

Wipe your chin, Spoogesponge, it's coated with mjjizzem,

71 inches and 158 pounds.

I know: it's hard for you to remember when I shoved my foot up your azz... so many others have been there before and since.

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/120687039/Trayvon...

Location hidden

#78604 Oct 30, 2013
Evidence wrote:
What evidence proves Martin was a racist?
It's common knowledge.
Not as common as zimmerman being a racists and of course let's not forget he started sticking his finger inside his cousin when she was six years old.

On top of his arrest record, and getting fired for his bad temper and the restraining order and of course he was on prescription pills and who know what else- he's been through drug rehab.

And since there was the assault on his father-in-law.

Can't wait when his wife gets half his stuff.

Location hidden

#78605 Oct 30, 2013
Evidence wrote:
Zimmerman, on the other hand was investigated and cleared of any charges of racism
The FBI said they could find no evidence from the people they interviewed.

The pedophile was never charged with racism, he was charged with 2nd degree murder.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mayor 'deeply disturbed' over incident between ... 2 hr wtf 1
News Corbin Woman Charged With Rape 10 hr Yep 2
News Chicago homicides soar, with seven fatalities W... 20 hr Walter Samone 5
News Toone murder case set for grand jury 20 hr yoyo 1
News Man arrested in shooting outside Northeast Ela 23 hr The Law 6
News Mayor a deeply disturbeda over incident between... Fri disturbed 1
News Malone man facing six felonies in alleged drive... Thu Its a shame 5
More from around the web