Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks ...

Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

There are 66307 comments on the Wall Street Journal story from Mar 22, 2012, titled Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media. In it, Wall Street Journal reports that:

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wall Street Journal.

Grandpa Joe

Harrodsburg, KY

#76353 Sep 27, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Those of us who have watches know.
When your pedophile got out of the truck, he was talking to the cops- e.g., when the pedophile decided that the Martin boy was a burglar because he was a black kid wearing a hoodie- and we all heard the seat belt and the door slam, and we heard your fat tub of lard and could just about count how many steps he took.
We know he was thirty seconds away from the truck.
And yet 2.5 minutes later, he was further away from the truck and he had killed an unarmed 17 year old boy.
If the skin colors were reversed, I know where you would be standing, Grampuss.
Again, I post this: If the skin colors were reversed none of us would be talking about this. The media grabbed this case, muddled it and inflamed the country. It was iced tea and non an ingredient which could be made into an intoxicant. The "boy" was cute, innocent and 12. Zimmerman was a racist. Zimmerman had be a white Hispanic so race could be emphasized by the media (Ever hear them call Obama a white black?) And so it went.

So, sides were taken and race zealots like you and some on the other side began to spout their versions of what went down. We don't know..period.

Trayvon like young people are gunned down every day in our inner-cities. Have you ever heard of the violence in Chicago?

Get angry about that. If you harp about such things as stop and frisk think about this: If this saves one young black, is it worth it? Surely you believe that taking guns off the streets saves lives?

I comment on rational topics. You simple spout racial slurs.
Get help. Read Tyler Perry's fine book "Note to Self."
Patriot

Villahermosa, Mexico

#76354 Sep 27, 2013
The Stand Your Ground Law had absolutely nothing to do with anything. Where do all you nerds come up with that? Maybe listening to too much left wing gun grabber bullshitters that want to leave the law abiding citizen without a means to defend himself or just bullshit the same citizen into being so dumbfounded with media bias that theyre too scared to press the trigger or carry a gun because of the social stigma being pushed by the idiots that want you to be robbed, raped and killed while they sit back with bodyguards and security devices to protect themselves.
Nothing beats hot lead and some alert bulldogs to tip the hat in the favor of the law abiding citizen. That coupled with proper training, an alert mind and killer instincts will ease you not only to survive but to triumph when met with thugs like Martin and his Dad. Kill em all and let God sort em out. No thanks I reserve victim status for the next guy. Me and mine are hole punchers! We do not call 911 and we do not alert the next of kin!

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#76356 Sep 27, 2013
Grandpa Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
You are responding to the pabulum fed to you by Matt Lauer
Never heard him, Grampuss.

What we do know- what I have proved- is you are the one who goes off half- cocked, and then have to resort to moving the goalposts after you've been proved wrong.

EG: you insisting that BMW hadn't fired anyone after I had already proved they had.

Now anyone with a watch can know that the pedophile's statement- that he was on the way back to his truck- is a lie.

Anyone with a watch knows for a fact that when he hung up the cell phone to the Sanford police dispatcher- put an X on that spot- that he continued to pursue the boy who had every right in the world to be exactly where he was at.

What a shame it is - for perspective, of course- that your child isn't shot dead walking down a public street only to have someone like you insist that the child deserved it because he had a dollar bill in his pocket and we all know dollar bills are used to ingest cocaine.

That your child... it seems... must have been a cokehead.

Location hidden

#76357 Sep 27, 2013
Grandpa Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, I post this: If the skin colors were reversed none of us would be talking about this.
Gosh: you are full of [email protected]

****YOU*** would not have been here.

I don't and have never given a RAT'S azz who was what color.

What I care about is yet another GUN GNUTTER got away with murder, that he chased down an unarmed boy and shot him dead after trying to be the bad azz cop that he wasn't.

That the SYG law will be and has been and will continue to be used for pathetic cowards- like you- to justify homicides.

Location hidden

#76358 Sep 27, 2013
Grandpa Joe wrote:
The "boy" was cute, innocent and 12. "
Do show me where I ever said he was 12.

Or cute.

I'd bet you- but then we know you welsh on your bets.

PS: the pedophile is a racist, but he wasn't charge for killing someone because he was a racist. He was charged because he killed an unarmed boy that he was stalking and after he was told to wait for the real cops to show up.

And we all can be absolutely certain if you PEDOPHILE had waited by the front of his car that that boy would be alive now and your fat polished turd would be busy beating is wife collecting unemployment running up his credit cards which he was going to declare bankrupcy by now.

Location hidden

#76359 Sep 27, 2013
Grandpa Joe wrote:
Trayvon like young people are gunned down every day in our inner-cities.
Women like your wife are gunned down by coward husbands like you every day.

Every single day.

More often than any other type of murder: no matter how hard you stomp your feet insisting otherwise... the most typical murder is of a man killing his wife/girlfriend.

Haven't seen you grieve about that, Grampuss.

Location hidden

#76360 Sep 27, 2013
Grandpa Joe wrote:
I comment on rational topics. You simple spout racial slurs.
QUOTE ME, azzwipe.

Yeah... I forgot... you get to ask the questions.

Location hidden

#76361 Sep 27, 2013
Grandpa Joe wrote:
YET, NONE OF THEM PROVE WHAT ACTUALLY WENT ON THE NIGHT MARTIN DIED.
Let's see... the pedophile gets out of his truck after spotting what he insists is a criminal, based on the color of his skin... and instead of stalking the boy, he waits for the cops to show up leaning on the hood of his truck.

What happens?

The boy goes back to watch a basketball game, and the Sanford police make another entry into the log a long list of this cop wannabe's list of complaints that includes (among other things) people wearing offensive T-shirts in "his" neighborhood.
Patriot

Villahermosa, Mexico

#76363 Sep 27, 2013
Id like a t-shirt with AshtrayBgone and a set of x-hairs settled on his triangle. Just to let em know WE ALL remember him hahaha! 338 Lapua bam!
Grandpa Joe

Harrodsburg, KY

#76365 Sep 27, 2013
Patriot wrote:
The Stand Your Ground Law had absolutely nothing to do with anything. Where do all you nerds come up with that? Maybe listening to too much left wing gun grabber bullshitters that want to leave the law abiding citizen without a means to defend himself or just bullshit the same citizen into being so dumbfounded with media bias that theyre too scared to press the trigger or carry a gun because of the social stigma being pushed by the idiots that want you to be robbed, raped and killed while they sit back with bodyguards and security devices to protect themselves.
Nothing beats hot lead and some alert bulldogs to tip the hat in the favor of the law abiding citizen. That coupled with proper training, an alert mind and killer instincts will ease you not only to survive but to triumph when met with thugs like Martin and his Dad. Kill em all and let God sort em out. No thanks I reserve victim status for the next guy. Me and mine are hole punchers! We do not call 911 and we do not alert the next of kin!
What many do not mention is this: Stand your ground applies to everybody. There are many cases where a black person has used stand your ground to protect himself often against another blacks.

If the races had been reversed, I expect some blacks would now be using it as a defense of their man.

I have challenged my antagonist to defend the opposition to stop and frisk since it obviously takes guns off the street and saves lives, most of which would be black. What do I get? Silence.

Hot lead is not helping the people trapped in our inner-cities.
Grandpa Joe

Harrodsburg, KY

#76366 Sep 27, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's see... the pedophile gets out of his truck after spotting what he insists is a criminal, based on the color of his skin... and instead of stalking the boy, he waits for the cops to show up leaning on the hood of his truck.
What happens?
The boy goes back to watch a basketball game, and the Sanford police make another entry into the log a long list of this cop wannabe's list of complaints that includes (among other things) people wearing offensive T-shirts in "his" neighborhood.
You simply repeat over and over WHAT YOU CANNOT KNOW. You have been brainwashed by the news media. YOu were not there. I was not there. We do not know who the aggressor was.

I have challenged you on a number of rational topics. Let me repeat one: what is your opinion of stop and frisk in the inner-city? Do you have a opinion? Do you dare express it? Do you care about Trayvon like kids who are being killed every day by other blacks? Or do you simply want to toss racial slurs which of course, mean nothing to me.

Get help. Been to the library yet? Get a copy of "Note to Self". The book might be of help to you...if you are capable of keeping an open mind.
Grandpa Joe

Harrodsburg, KY

#76367 Sep 27, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
QUOTE ME, azzwipe.
Yeah... I forgot... you get to ask the questions.
Quote Me????????Lord have mercy! Why should I post again what you have proven about yourself.

I could add vulgar, but you would deny that too.

Get help
Janitor

Vancouver, WA

#76368 Sep 27, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text> Youre about as far off on whos Governor as you are the facts of this thread. Arnold has been outa there a couple YEARS! hAHAHAHA. Whata goddamn fool you ARE! hahahahaha. Time to wring the mop Leroy!
I was kidding. I know he's been out of office. Like Reagan was for a long time. But, the liberal state still elected them. That was all I meant.

Location hidden

#76369 Sep 27, 2013
Jit wrote:
The Jury has Spoken.
"NOT GUILTY!"
The hero Zimmerman is Free!
The jury: the pedophile zimmerman got away with murder.

Florida: zimmerman cannot help himself, he'll be in jail soon.
Responsibility

Petaluma, CA

#76370 Sep 27, 2013
Jit wrote:
Any Questions?
You are right dear, the jury has spoken, the verdict given and there are many questions (including one juror who thought he got away with murder) which are out there for answers and I believe will one day be answered by Zimmie.

Let's hope folks like you will be listening.

Location hidden

#76371 Sep 27, 2013
Grandpa Joe wrote:
There are many cases where a black person has used stand your ground to protect himself often against another blacks.
There are cases where sexual predators have used it to kill outraged parents.

And drug dealers protect themselves and the drugs they are dealing against other drug deals.

And of course bullets hitting and killing innocent bystanders.

We see the results here: someone with a gun can provoke a fight with an unarmed child and still get away with murder.

"I was SCARED!"

Location hidden

#76372 Sep 27, 2013
Grandpa Joe wrote:
I have challenged my antagonist to defend the opposition to stop and frisk since it obviously takes guns off the street
Where oh where is that proof that guns are taken off the street with stop and frisk, putting aside it is blatantly prejudicial and unconstitutional?

And ruled so in NYC.

Location hidden

#76373 Sep 27, 2013
Grandpa Joe wrote:
I have challenged you on a number of rational topics
Yes, we have all noted that you ask questions but never answer any, even after we slap the snot out of you when you post your bigoted racist assertions, and prove your assertion to be absolutely false.

Challenge?

You you are running your mouth.

I am all too happy to slap it shut.

Location hidden

#76374 Sep 27, 2013
Grandpa Joe wrote:
Do you care about Trayvon like kids who are being killed every day by other blacks?
Do you care about the white guys driving around armed who lose their temper because someone cuts them off (or is driving too slow or flips them off) and pull out the gun that they were using "for their protection" and kill some unfortunate soul?

A woman was fatally shot Wednesday evening in an apparent road-rage incident on North Main Street in St. Albans, the police said, and a man was arrested on suspicion of murder.

Matthew Webster, 30, of Swanton was taken into custody and is expected to be arraigned Thursday morning in Vermont Superior Court on Lake Street, Lt. Ron Hoague said.

Police Thursday morning identified 31-year-old Anna Alger of Highgate as the woman who was slain. Her name was withheld Wednesday night pending notification of her family, said Hoague, the patrol division commander.

Location hidden

#76375 Sep 27, 2013
Grandpa Joe wrote:
Do you care about Trayvon like kids.
Gosh! I see you don't care about the hundreds of women killed EVERY YEAR by their boyfriends or husbands:

Police say a man shot and killed his wife then launched a SWAT standoff before turning the gun on himself.

Police officers were called to the home of 66-year-old Henry Yip on the 300 block of E. Washington Avenue in Magnolia, N.J. around 7 p.m. Wednesday. Police say they received a call from Yip's relative telling them to check on the welfare of him and his wife, 54-year-old Vicki Yip. The relative told police he had received an alarming phone call from Henry earlier that evening.

A responding police officer says he saw a person inside the home and then heard the sound of a gunshot. At the same time, investigators say Camden County 911 received a call from a resident at the home claiming he had killed his wife and was going to kill himself.

++

Why oh why don't you care about the more common violence turned on women?

++

Here's a thought: why oh why haven't you expressed ANY regrets about your efforts to make guns available to these wife beaters?

But you insist you should be able to sell wife beater guns at gun shows?

PS: why haven't you answered the question I put to you a LONG TIME AGO: explain how TERMINATION isn't the same thing a getting fired?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Our Opinion: It takes a village to combat crime 2 hr Eagle Idiots 1
News Oak Hill man dies after shots exchanged in Faye... 3 hr Jsaying 24
News 27 years later, woman charged in fatal shooting... 7 hr skeletorisreal 4
News County attorney reviews officer-involved shooting (Aug '11) 15 hr TnT 3
News Payne gets new trial in triple homicide (Sep '06) 21 hr IamTerriffic 24
News My Turn: Another day, another mass shooting in ... Sat payme 4
News Black Lives Matter* (Oct '15) Sat hmmmm 2,062
More from around the web