Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks ...

Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

There are 66305 comments on the Wall Street Journal story from Mar 22, 2012, titled Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media. In it, Wall Street Journal reports that:

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wall Street Journal.

Lameisha

Cleveland, MS

#75440 Sep 17, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text> If youre in the 80% of non working welfare criminals youre right on target. Don't really have a problem just simply despise you. If youre in the 20% that are true Americans and have dropped the hyphenated Afrikan title becoming fully integrated into American society welcome aboard. The choice is yours. Some of us don't call 911 and don't notify the next of kin either hahaha. Your call.....
No thank you.
Truth

United States

#75441 Sep 17, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>Proof.

You won't even admit you were wrong here so you don't have to wait for someone else to agree with ya, darling.

I know, you have Assad and Putin and draft dodger pill popper Limpballs on your side.

(quote)
BEIRUT A leading international human rights group said Tuesday that evidence strongly suggests Syrian government forces fired rockets with warheads containing a nerve agent — most likely sarin — into a Damascus suburb in August, killing hundreds of people.

The report by Human Rights Watch was the latest voice to condemn Syrian President Bashar Assad's government for the alleged chemical attack on the sprawling, rebel-held Ghouta suburb on Aug. 21.

The attack brought the United States to the brink of a military intervention the Syrian civil war, now in its third year.

The New York-based group said it examined documents from the alleged chemical attack on Ghouta, and that the nerve agent used was "most likely, sarin."

The group said its activists were unable to go to Ghouta to collect remnants of weapons, environmental and bodily samples such as hair and blood to test for the chemical agent but that they sought technical advice from an expert on the detection and effects of chemical warfare agents.

To support its claims, the rights group said it analyzed witness accounts and "the type of rockets and launchers used" in the attack. HRW also said its experts studied documented medical symptoms of the victims and analyzed activist videos posted on the Internet after the attack.

Human Rights Watch released its conclusions in a 22-page report Tuesday.

"This evidence strongly suggests that Syrian government troops launched rockets carrying chemical warheads into the Damascus suburbs that terrible morning," said Peter Bouckaert, HRW's emergencies director.

Offering details which hadn't yet surfaced in evidence offered by the Obama administration or France -- both of which were quick to conclude that the Ghouta strike must have been carried out by Assad's government -- HRW said the rockets used in the Aug. 21 attack were "believed to be associated with the delivery of chemical agents":

(quote)

UN investigation indicates Assad regime behind chemical attack in Syria
Inspectors have strong circumstantial evidence proving nerve gas used in August 21 chemical attack, according to Foreign Policy; Syrian rebel leadership rejects Russian proposal to eliminate weapons.
By Haaretz and Reuters | Sep. 12, 2013 | 10:31 AM | 18

UN arms experts, wearing a gas mask, inspect a site of an alleged chemical attack near Damascus, Aug
UN chemical weapons experts examine the sites of last week's attack.

Assad: We'll give up chemical weapons once U.S. stops arming rebels
By Reuters and DPA
Sep. 12, 2013 | 1:39 PM | 37

United Nations inspectors have reportedly gathered a large amount of circumstantial evidence proving that nerve gas was used in the August 21 attack near Damascus, and indicating that President Bashar Assad's regime was responsible for unleashing chemical weapons against the Syrian people.

UN diplomats intimate with the details of the UN investigation told Foreign Policy that the inspectors' report would not directly accuse the Assad regime of using chemical weapons, but would provide strong circumstantial evidence gathered from the area proving that the Syrian government was responsible for the attack. Some 1,400 people were killed in that attack, according to U.S. estimates.

The investigators are expected to complete their report within the next few days.
The key word is suggests. That is not real good evidence dimwit. You just proved my point moron. Thanks.
Truth

United States

#75442 Sep 17, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>Proof.

You won't even admit you were wrong here so you don't have to wait for someone else to agree with ya, darling.

I know, you have Assad and Putin and draft dodger pill popper Limpballs on your side.

(quote)
BEIRUT A leading international human rights group said Tuesday that evidence strongly suggests Syrian government forces fired rockets with warheads containing a nerve agent — most likely sarin — into a Damascus suburb in August, killing hundreds of people.

The report by Human Rights Watch was the latest voice to condemn Syrian President Bashar Assad's government for the alleged chemical attack on the sprawling, rebel-held Ghouta suburb on Aug. 21.

The attack brought the United States to the brink of a military intervention the Syrian civil war, now in its third year.

The New York-based group said it examined documents from the alleged chemical attack on Ghouta, and that the nerve agent used was "most likely, sarin."

The group said its activists were unable to go to Ghouta to collect remnants of weapons, environmental and bodily samples such as hair and blood to test for the chemical agent but that they sought technical advice from an expert on the detection and effects of chemical warfare agents.

To support its claims, the rights group said it analyzed witness accounts and "the type of rockets and launchers used" in the attack. HRW also said its experts studied documented medical symptoms of the victims and analyzed activist videos posted on the Internet after the attack.

Human Rights Watch released its conclusions in a 22-page report Tuesday.

"This evidence strongly suggests that Syrian government troops launched rockets carrying chemical warheads into the Damascus suburbs that terrible morning," said Peter Bouckaert, HRW's emergencies director.

Offering details which hadn't yet surfaced in evidence offered by the Obama administration or France -- both of which were quick to conclude that the Ghouta strike must have been carried out by Assad's government -- HRW said the rockets used in the Aug. 21 attack were "believed to be associated with the delivery of chemical agents":

(quote)

UN investigation indicates Assad regime behind chemical attack in Syria
Inspectors have strong circumstantial evidence proving nerve gas used in August 21 chemical attack, according to Foreign Policy; Syrian rebel leadership rejects Russian proposal to eliminate weapons.
By Haaretz and Reuters | Sep. 12, 2013 | 10:31 AM | 18

UN arms experts, wearing a gas mask, inspect a site of an alleged chemical attack near Damascus, Aug
UN chemical weapons experts examine the sites of last week's attack.

Assad: We'll give up chemical weapons once U.S. stops arming rebels
By Reuters and DPA
Sep. 12, 2013 | 1:39 PM | 37

United Nations inspectors have reportedly gathered a large amount of circumstantial evidence proving that nerve gas was used in the August 21 attack near Damascus, and indicating that President Bashar Assad's regime was responsible for unleashing chemical weapons against the Syrian people.

UN diplomats intimate with the details of the UN investigation told Foreign Policy that the inspectors' report would not directly accuse the Assad regime of using chemical weapons, but would provide strong circumstantial evidence gathered from the area proving that the Syrian government was responsible for the attack. Some 1,400 people were killed in that attack, according to U.S. estimates.

The investigators are expected to complete their report within the next few days.
A human rights group. LOL. Not even credible to investigate crimes. LOL.
Lameisha

Cleveland, MS

#75443 Sep 17, 2013
Jit wrote:
<quoted text>
What kind of a man sells his own people into slavery?...But you don't seem to care about it!
Hell, you're living here in the greatest country the world has ever known....You're eatin' for free, living for free, makin' phone calls for free,...spittin' out as many rug rats as you can for free,....Oh I guess it's the white mans fault.
...if it wasn't for us you'd still be dancin' around the campfire!
You people must really think we're stupid, don't you?
Little Orphan Annie was put in an orphanage. Was it ok for those grown greedy bullies to treat her and the rest of those orphans like crap. You would say no, it was not ok. Why not? There own parents didn't give a darn about them. Okay do you get the point? It doesn't give people a license to treat someone bad just because everyone else treats them bad. The people who bought slaves were just has bad as the Africans who sold them into slavery. Of course they were all not sold into slavery by fellow Africans. Many were kidnapped. Any way it's over and done with. It's time to move on. None of us had anything to do with slavery. Oh, and whats wrong with dancing around a camp fire.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#75444 Sep 17, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
A human rights group. LOL.
LOL.

And you are going on Assad's word.

Who told us three weeks ago he did have ANY nerve gas.

LOL.

Now we know we don't have to worry about you volunteering, Sticky.

Funny how that nerve gas was delivered by rockets made by Russia or Syrian defense contractors.

Wipe your chin, Shug.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#75445 Sep 17, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
The key word is suggests.
Funny how Putin can't even get to "suggest"- he absolutely no proof- none- that the gas - which was delivered in part by rockets Russia sold to Assad- was delivered by rebels.

I take the US government's word over Putin.

I know whose word you take, teabagger.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#75446 Sep 17, 2013
Lameisha wrote:
<quoted text>A lot of students are now being home schooled because bullying is now an epidemic. When I was in school I could go home and be relieved of those 4 girls. This generation of bullies follow you home via the computer (facebook etc).
Stay OFF fb ...
Problem solved!

Don't let IT control your every move!
Do you have internet ADDICTION?

Or whomever posts there!
Two KILLINGS over "unfriending from fb" in Tennessee ...
``````````

Two People Killed For Unfriending Somebody On Facebook

A Mountain City, Tennessee couple were shot dead in their home allegedly because they "unfriended" someone on Facebook, police say, according to Reuters.
The victims, Billy Clay Payne Jr. and Billie Jean Hayworth, had recently unfriended Jenelle Potter on Facebook.

Potter's father and cousin shot both victims in the head and slit Payne Jr.'s throat.

It gets worse. Hayworth was apparently holding her baby when the men murdered her.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/two-people-wer...
American Lady

Danville, KY

#75447 Sep 17, 2013
Three arraigned in 'Facebook murders'
Full story: WCYB
The families of the victims were there and they tell us today's court appearance is one step closer to justice.

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/mountain-city...

Three arraigned in 'Facebook murders'

http://www.wcyb.com/news/three-arraigned-in-f...

Since: Apr 12

Truth's Door

#75456 Sep 17, 2013
Lameisha wrote:
I'm really starting to believe that white people don't like black people on this thread. Now I could be wrong. The words: savage, monkey, enwords and telling us to go to Africa is a pretty good clue. Now my assumptions are probably wrong, but it sure does seem like you guys have a problem with us.
Yes, those particular cretins do have a problem with Blacks.

Lameisha, it is not all Whites that feel as the Fools on this thread do.

I'm not sure what their color is and it doesn't matter. They have a depraved mindset. Their kind are on their way to extinction. Their babbling on this thread are simply whimpers of cretins about to become extinct. They may (or may not) be White, but their hearts are darkened, full of doom and gloom.

Do not let them get to you. I laugh at them and ridicule them every chance I get. If they are White, do not think that most White people think as they do. They do not. The proof is that this would be a much worse world than it is now.

Now, the chief protagonists on this thread are...

The Resident Pervert. He currently goes by the handle Jit. I call him bit Jit. He also creates and uses anywhere from four to a dozen or more aliases a day. He's a profane Racist and the Chief NincomPOOP.

Next up is Here is One. I just call him Here is one helluva Fool. He is the Chief Fool. He likes to brag about killing people and living somewhere in "paradise." Not a word of what that Fool says is to be believed.

Then we have Patriot. He's best known as UNpatriotic. He started out not so bad, but lately he seems to want to overtake bit Jit in his racist ways. Ohhhhhh, but little does he know, he has to do several somersaults before he'll ever overtake that Fool. UNpatriotic is the Journeyman Racist.

This list would not be complete without American Lady. Why they give themselves such loving names is a mystery to behold. Her true name is UNamerican NONlady. She can tell you everything in the world that a Black person does wrong. She's fixated on that. It is her pride and joy. Every now and then, I throw some Truth at her and she can barely look Truth in the eye.

There's also xxxrayted. He's the Chief Idiot. He laments constantly about his tenants not paying rent. That only serves as his opening to rant about the social ills of the day. I've told him I can give him a good reference for a property management company that can get good tenants in so he can drive all over the country in his truck without a care. The Idiot ain't listening.

And, of course there's your Cat74 and Tractor Farmer and Higgins and Anonymous of Indy and Grandpa Joe. But this list cannot be complete without mentioning Bronach. That would be Bronach the Perverted Liar.

Bronach is the Chief Liar of this thread. He's been MIA for awhile, him and his many aliases. He put on quite a show while he was amongst us. He was quite the pitiful Liar. He withered under the bright lights of Truth.

There you have the chief protagonists of this thread. Their skin color matters not. It is their hearts and souls that are darkened with Evil.
barry

Beckley, WV

#75460 Sep 18, 2013
Obama is now saying, If I had a son, he would look just like http://a.abcnews.com/images/WNN/abc_atm_alexi...
Patriot

Oaxaca, Mexico

#75461 Sep 18, 2013
barry wrote:
Obama is now saying, If I had a son, he would look just like http://a.abcnews.com/images/WNN/abc_atm_alexi...
The shooter is his long lost tribal brother!
Lameisha

Cleveland, MS

#75462 Sep 18, 2013
Be Truthful Be Free wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, those particular cretins do have a problem with Blacks.
Lameisha, it is not all Whites that feel as the Fools on this thread do.
I'm not sure what their color is and it doesn't matter. They have a depraved mindset. Their kind are on their way to extinction. Their babbling on this thread are simply whimpers of cretins about to become extinct. They may (or may not) be White, but their hearts are darkened, full of doom and gloom.
Do not let them get to you. I laugh at them and ridicule them every chance I get. If they are White, do not think that most White people think as they do. They do not. The proof is that this would be a much worse world than it is now.
Now, the chief protagonists on this thread are...
The Resident Pervert. He currently goes by the handle Jit. I call him bit Jit. He also creates and uses anywhere from four to a dozen or more aliases a day. He's a profane Racist and the Chief NincomPOOP.
Next up is Here is One. I just call him Here is one helluva Fool. He is the Chief Fool. He likes to brag about killing people and living somewhere in "paradise." Not a word of what that Fool says is to be believed.
Then we have Patriot. He's best known as UNpatriotic. He started out not so bad, but lately he seems to want to overtake bit Jit in his racist ways. Ohhhhhh, but little does he know, he has to do several somersaults before he'll ever overtake that Fool. UNpatriotic is the Journeyman Racist.
This list would not be complete without American Lady. Why they give themselves such loving names is a mystery to behold. Her true name is UNamerican NONlady. She can tell you everything in the world that a Black person does wrong. She's fixated on that. It is her pride and joy. Every now and then, I throw some Truth at her and she can barely look Truth in the eye.
There's also xxxrayted. He's the Chief Idiot. He laments constantly about his tenants not paying rent. That only serves as his opening to rant about the social ills of the day. I've told him I can give him a good reference for a property management company that can get good tenants in so he can drive all over the country in his truck without a care. The Idiot ain't listening.
And, of course there's your Cat74 and Tractor Farmer and Higgins and Anonymous of Indy and Grandpa Joe. But this list cannot be complete without mentioning Bronach. That would be Bronach the Perverted Liar.
Bronach is the Chief Liar of this thread. He's been MIA for awhile, him and his many aliases. He put on quite a show while he was amongst us. He was quite the pitiful Liar. He withered under the bright lights of Truth.
There you have the chief protagonists of this thread. Their skin color matters not. It is their hearts and souls that are darkened with Evil.
This thread is made up of older people with too much idle time on their hands, and that includes me. Some obviously are not working, but yet they hypocritically complain of others who aren't working. Don't let them get to me? Yes they are angry but I do realize that most of the hateful talk is just talk. I seriously don't think their as hateful as they seem. I really annoy many of them lol. I'm tired of it anyway. You're right, we really don't know the race of everyone we talk to. I could be a 65 year old white man for all they know. It's not worth getting angry at people we don't know. All this race talk is futile. 3 of my great aunts moved from the South to California years ago. Natives of California thought they were white. They had no idea that those 3 fair skinned women had a mother who was as dark as night. I'm probably more white than most of the so called Caucasians on this thread. It would be kind of funny if they started asking people to take a genealogist test before filling out the race section on job applications. My 3 great aunts would have been busted if it was a requirement then.
Lameisha

Cleveland, MS

#75463 Sep 18, 2013
Hi Be Truthful, This thread is made up of older people with too much idle time on their hands, and that includes me. Some obviously are not working but yet they hypocritically complain of others who aren't working. Don't let them get to me? Yes they are angry, but I do realize that most of the hateful talk is just talk. I seriously don't think their as hateful as they seem. I know I really annoy some of them lol. I'm tired of it anyway. You're right, we really don't know the race of everyone we talk to. I could be a 65 year old white man for all they know. It's not worth getting angry at people we don't know. All this race talk is futile. 3 of my great aunts moved from the South to California years ago. Natives of California thought they were white. They had no idea that those 3 white women had a mother who was as black as the night. It would be kind of funny if they started asking people to take a genealogist test before filling out the race section on job applications. Thousands of so called Caucasians would be busted. My 3 great aunts would have been busted if it was a requirement then.
Lameisha

Cleveland, MS

#75464 Sep 18, 2013
Sorry they put my comment up twice.
Buck Red

Tempe, AZ

#75465 Sep 18, 2013
Where's all the white women at?

Since: Apr 12

Truth's Door

#75466 Sep 18, 2013
Lameisha wrote:
Hi Be Truthful, This thread is made up of older people with too much idle time on their hands, and that includes me. Some obviously are not working but yet they hypocritically complain of others who aren't working. Don't let them get to me? Yes they are angry, but I do realize that most of the hateful talk is just talk. I seriously don't think their as hateful as they seem. I know I really annoy some of them lol. I'm tired of it anyway. You're right, we really don't know the race of everyone we talk to. I could be a 65 year old white man for all they know. It's not worth getting angry at people we don't know. All this race talk is futile. 3 of my great aunts moved from the South to California years ago. Natives of California thought they were white. They had no idea that those 3 white women had a mother who was as black as the night. It would be kind of funny if they started asking people to take a genealogist test before filling out the race section on job applications. Thousands of so called Caucasians would be busted. My 3 great aunts would have been busted if it was a requirement then.
Yes, Lameisha, many of us would be surprised of the background of our race if the curtains were unveiled.

It is a shame and disgrace that mankind has allowed the color of his brother's skin to skew how he feels about him. We should take lessons from animals on that count. I've never heard of a racist animal. They could care less the color of another animal in regards to how they treat them. They are either friend or foe or neither.

We live in such a technological and industrial and scientific advanced age, but we are soooooo backwards in our thinking on race. But I am comforted in knowing and seeing that our youth seem to get it. They don't allow race to get in the way of things. That bodes well for the future.

Where I live, there is a diversity of races and an intermingling of ethnicities (of course, it's not the South)! It is very beautiful. If what we have here could be transplanted around this nation, what an awesome country we'd be.

Yep, the haters on here complain about others not working, but it is them who do not, for whatever reason. I work, but choose my time on here to antagonize the Racists. I get joy out of that. An annoyed Racist is a Racist to behold!

Lameisha, they ARE as hateful as their talk. Such Evil talk doesn't emanate from nowhere. It emanates from their hearts, their spirit. They may not act upon it physically, but they can through their words. And words are powerful, as History teaches us.

Whenever Evil talk is spoken or written, it MUST be answered. If not, we shall be as Eve. The Evil serpent was allowed to speak Evil and Blasphemy without being answered in the mighty affirmative.

It cost Eve and Adam dearly. It cost their generations.

So, they may "talk," but it MUST be answered. Wherever Evil and its' tentacles of Hatred and Racism and Bigotry and Wickedness exist, it MUST be matched with Truth and Justice and Love.

Since: Apr 12

Truth's Door

#75467 Sep 18, 2013
Lameisha wrote:
Sorry they put my comment up twice.
That is great!

Twice from you is worth so many billion times more than any words the Racists, Haters and Bigots can post!
Grandpa Joe

Harrodsburg, KY

#75468 Sep 18, 2013
Be Truthful Be Free wrote:
<quoted text>
That's it?
No long diatribe like that you use against others on welfare?
No rant, as the ones you and bit Jit revel in?
No answers as to how the corporate welfare cheats should be punished?
No demands of abolishing corporate welfare?
Come on, Grandpa. Surely you can do better than just saying you're against it. Or do you just save your best banter to rile against individuals?
You enjoy laying it on thick against individuals on welfare but be silent about the multinational, multibillion dollar corporations who siphon money away from our treasury?
You get your kicks and laughs beating up on children, women, the sick, the displaced, the poor?
Of course you do. It seems to be your purpose on this thread.
If you're so against corporate welfare, tell us why. Tell us how much those greedy bastards are raiding the system for. Tell us how their super lobbyists write the laws that our Congress and legislatures enact.
Go ahead, Grandpa, tell us.
Tell us how the greedy bastards weasel themselves out of paying taxes or at least fair taxes. Tell us how they pay for their crimes with fines while the little guy gets stuck financially and with prison time.
Go ahead, Grandpa, tell us.
Tell us how the moral line they walk is as crooked as bit Jit's teeth. Tell us how they play by a different set of rules than small businesses and the common man.
Oh tell us, Grandpa. Please tell us. Your "I-am-against-it" all too simple response leaves much wanting.
We await your words of wisdom.
Re: tell us
I did. I am against cooperate welfare.

Like most people who are blinded by racism, you misread my statements about welfare. I oppose what it does to people. As sure as God made little green apples, welfare turns free people into slaves. The government of these United States has become the master and the slaves comply with their votes, thereby keeping the system in place.

Don't misunderstand that I place the welfare plight just on black people. There are whites aplenty who lap up to the Democrats.

So answer this question. Do you accept and support what welfare is and has done to people in this country?
Patriot

Oaxaca, Mexico

#75469 Sep 18, 2013
Grandpa Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Re: tell us
I did. I am against cooperate welfare.
Like most people who are blinded by racism, you misread my statements about welfare. I oppose what it does to people. As sure as God made little green apples, welfare turns free people into slaves. The government of these United States has become the master and the slaves comply with their votes, thereby keeping the system in place.
Don't misunderstand that I place the welfare plight just on black people. There are whites aplenty who lap up to the Democrats.
So answer this question. Do you accept and support what welfare is and has done to people in this country?
Of course he supports it. Hes a food stamp posterboi. Apologists/appeasers are all made from the same mold!
incredulous

Carmel, IN

#75470 Sep 18, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
What was the color of the Sandy Hook killer, Answerpuss?
Clue: same color as the Cleveland rapist who just hung himself. Look in the mirror.
Considering whites far outnumber blacks in the general population, there will be more white criminals athough blacks are proportionately higher in numbers. The Cleveland rapist was Hispanic and for some reason they tend to over represent themselves in crimes such as this.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Canoga Park Man Convicted In Fatal Encino Shooting (Jun '07) 10 hr Ron 10
News Suspect in Wife's Murder Facing New Charges (Oct '07) 17 hr Sad Researcher 749
News Trial begins in Bridgeport store owner's murder 23 hr Daniels Conscience 1
News If an assault weapons ban can't stop school sho... Mon The Worlds Bigges... 1,015
News Police charge 'accidental' shooter with manslau... (Apr '08) Sun Sharts 16
News Exam today in bar shooting (Mar '06) May 20 Wwe 30
News The History of Lynching and the Present of Poli... May 20 jtkluempers 3