Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks ...

Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

There are 66309 comments on the Wall Street Journal story from Mar 22, 2012, titled Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media. In it, Wall Street Journal reports that:

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wall Street Journal.

Huh

Faribault, MN

#74778 Sep 11, 2013
Sorry for over post...
buckwheat

Tulsa, OK

#74779 Sep 11, 2013
AnswersRus wrote:
<quoted text>
No it wouldn't. It would drive industry even further away from the states.
Businesses, like people, do not react well to forceful ultimatums. They get your message that you do not like them, and they move on. They do not come back for even more browbeating and control Mr. Buckwheat.
They wouldn't go very far if their product was banned from the U.S. Of course, I know the United States government doesn't have the balls to stand up to big business, so no need to point it out. You can take up for the outsourcers as much as you like. It still comes down to cheap labor, as I pointed out.$45 dollars a month salary is a compelling reason to bail, and turn around and ship the product back into the U.S. for billions in profit. That doesn't bother you?
Huh

Faribault, MN

#74780 Sep 11, 2013
AnswersRus wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
So what if a company can find good workers at a price they both agree upon? That is what they are supposed to do.
$45 to a Vietnamese worker is a good wage in their economy then apparently.
The unions priced themselves out of the market and their employers could no ;onger compete on the world markets.
If an American company does not pay that $45, someone else from some other place will.
When a product can be made overseas, and then transportation costs are added, and the product is still competitive on the shelves in the US, it is not the fault of the company. It is another cause that makes American labor so over priced on the world markets. The labor force themselves, and their own greed.
In my town a one bedroom dump is $500 a month plus like $200 for utilities. And other basic barely get by monthly cost would be another $500. So $1200 a month is needed for one person to just get by in a average size Midwestern town. HOW DO WE COMPETE WITH SLAVE LABOR WAGES IN CHINA MEXICO AND OTHER THIRD WORLD HOLES????

I mean in the USA for a company to be here and make profits like they do with slave wages in china they would have to be TAX FREE AND FOLLOW NO EPA REGS AT ALL AND NOT MAKE FACTORY SAFE TO WORK IN AND PAY WORKERS HALF WHAT THEY GET PAID NOW...

TELL ME HOW DOES THAT WORK....Without import tariffs we can NEVER compete.
Unless landlords cut rent by 95% and food and other cost get cut by 95%...
buckwheat

Tulsa, OK

#74781 Sep 11, 2013
AnswersRus wrote:
<quoted text>
$45 to a Vietnamese worker is a good wage in their economy then apparently.
So, you think that the 12 year-old, and younger, children sat down at a table wtih Nike Reps and hammered out that deal?
Huh

Faribault, MN

#74782 Sep 11, 2013
AnswersRus wrote:
<quoted text>
Because while fools like you are out flapping your gums about how unfair life is, and it's all someone else's fault, the Mexicans are filling those job spots you idiots turn down, and then they send the money to their own starving families in Mexico.
Now you know.
Mexicans live like animals and have 40 people in 3 bed apartment also.

Point is this if we just cut off welfare and foodstamps and all aid it will turn the USA into a war zone crime with go up 10000% and we will spend twice as much money on more cops and new prisons and home owners and renters insurance will go up by ten fold and rape and murder and robbery will sky rocket....YOU WANT TO LIVE IN A NATION LIKE THAT????????
Patriot

Tuxtla GutiƩrrez, Mexico

#74783 Sep 11, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
So you think 40-60 million people homeless starving and turning to war and crime is good for the USA??
And why does a Mexican living in mexico care?
No empire lasts forever. The burden of the Afrikans on the US is enormous. They will also be the first to feel the pain when an economical collapse strikes. Im not talking about some strategic Govt bailout program or manipulation of the stock market or oil prices either. Im talking a catastrophic financial depression that makes the Great Depression look like a cake walk. You see when the Depression hit in the 20s the Afrikans were working to better themselves. Nowadays the small percentage that do are vastly outnumbered by the black bums. That's a fact. Nothing racist at all. This time around the luxury of welfare, food stamps, grants, entitlements, affirmative action and other giveaways have created a monster. A big BLACK monster that has no job skills or experience in the workplace. And much less that hungry desire to better themselves that their ancestors had at the turn of the 20th century. Its gone and so will the new Afrikan be gone also. Its a no brainer. Of course civil unrest will follow with complete chaos starting in the cities. I hope to live long enough to see it. That will be a time of reckoning. Oh happy days! God Bless the 2nd Amendment!
Ill ask a few mexicans that live in Mexico if they care and get back to you. Im as American as the Revolutionary War and have served my time of Patriotic duty therefore I feel completely qualified to voice my opinion from whatever part of the globe I hang my hat. Freedom and Liberty are not to be taken lightly. Neither are the men and women that provide the service for you to enjoy them.
Huh

Faribault, MN

#74784 Sep 11, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text> No empire lasts forever. The burden of the Afrikans on the US is enormous. They will also be the first to feel the pain when an economical collapse strikes. Im not talking about some strategic Govt bailout program or manipulation of the stock market or oil prices either. Im talking a catastrophic financial depression that makes the Great Depression look like a cake walk. You see when the Depression hit in the 20s the Afrikans were working to better themselves. Nowadays the small percentage that do are vastly outnumbered by the black bums. That's a fact. Nothing racist at all. This time around the luxury of welfare, food stamps, grants, entitlements, affirmative action and other giveaways have created a monster. A big BLACK monster that has no job skills or experience in the workplace. And much less that hungry desire to better themselves that their ancestors had at the turn of the 20th century. Its gone and so will the new Afrikan be gone also. Its a no brainer. Of course civil unrest will follow with complete chaos starting in the cities. I hope to live long enough to see it. That will be a time of reckoning. Oh happy days! God Bless the 2nd Amendment!
Ill ask a few mexicans that live in Mexico if they care and get back to you. Im as American as the Revolutionary War and have served my time of Patriotic duty therefore I feel completely qualified to voice my opinion from whatever part of the globe I hang my hat. Freedom and Liberty are not to be taken lightly. Neither are the men and women that provide the service for you to enjoy them.
o you are white got rich off this great nation and moved to mexico to escape taxes and now you hope the USA burns...

YOUR NO PATRIOT YOUR A TRAITOR AND A EVIL MORON.

Why do you complain about taxes and the USA you don't live here...
Patriot

Tuxtla GutiƩrrez, Mexico

#74785 Sep 11, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
Point is this if we just cut off welfare and foodstamps and all aid it will turn the USA into a war zone crime with go up 10000% and we will spend twice as much money on more cops and new prisons and home owners and renters insurance will go up by ten fold and rape and murder and robbery will sky rocket....YOU WANT TO LIVE IN A NATION LIKE THAT????????
I live by the Patton philosophy. If I must lose 10,000 men in battle to gain an objective I want to do it in the shortest time possible and not drag it out. Dragging it out hurts moral and the ability to carry on. The same goes for your silly example of cutting the freebies for our resident POS that are occupying the lands that my ancestors fought for, won and built. I want to get the problem behind us. Bring on the threat of 10,000% crime increase and lets eliminate that threat once and for all. I refuse to be held hostage by a bunch of Goddamn welfare bums and given the opportunity Id buckle up in a New York second and lead my platoon into the meat grinder knowing that we would not simply survive but triumph decisively to take back the America that is ours!
May the games begin!
AnswersRus

Riverton, WY

#74786 Sep 11, 2013
buckwheat wrote:
<quoted text>They wouldn't go very far if their product was banned from the U.S. Of course, I know the United States government doesn't have the balls to stand up to big business, so no need to point it out. You can take up for the outsourcers as much as you like. It still comes down to cheap labor, as I pointed out.$45 dollars a month salary is a compelling reason to bail, and turn around and ship the product back into the U.S. for billions in profit. That doesn't bother you?
What bothers me about it, is idiots that blame the businesses for doing what they exist for in the first place ... to provide a competitive product at the lowest price possible and still remain solvent.
When ANY situation becomes an added burden of expense on a business, the business is forced to make changes in order to maintain their bottom lines.
The Government does not have the balls to stand up to business? Bullshit!!! They are the ones who drove the businesses out in the first place. Now that the businesses are gone, the progressives want to tax the hell out of their profits even further, and you jump on the band wagon in lock step. You are being played Mr.Buckwheat.
Our free markets have been under attack from the progressives for quite some time now. They must collapse the dolalr and create chaos in this country before the people will be willing to accept even more "hope and change" and put the final nails in the coffin of our constitution. That Mr. Buckwheat is their end game, and you had better wake up and believe it.
Huh

Faribault, MN

#74787 Sep 11, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text> I live by the Patton philosophy. If I must lose 10,000 men in battle to gain an objective I want to do it in the shortest time possible and not drag it out. Dragging it out hurts moral and the ability to carry on. The same goes for your silly example of cutting the freebies for our resident POS that are occupying the lands that my ancestors fought for, won and built. I want to get the problem behind us. Bring on the threat of 10,000% crime increase and lets eliminate that threat once and for all. I refuse to be held hostage by a bunch of Goddamn welfare bums and given the opportunity Id buckle up in a New York second and lead my platoon into the meat grinder knowing that we would not simply survive but triumph decisively to take back the America that is ours!
May the games begin!
You are one scary anarchy wanting demon. WHEW...STAY IN MEXICO TRAITOR..........Your not paying taxes here or living here so F-OFF YOU TREASONOUS BASS TURD.

How about you rich pukes bring back all the jobs form your good buddies the COMMEIS IN CHINA and maybe we could cut and gut welfare and get people back to work. Your idea of starving out and killing out the poor is vile evil and will never happen.
AnswersRus

Riverton, WY

#74788 Sep 11, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
"Mexicans live like animals and have 40 people in 3 bed apartment also."
Oh balderdash ! Animals do not live in 3 bedroom apartments.
Your racism is showing again.
Hey, more power to them. They know how to live frugally. Something you apparently need help with.

In case you have not noticed Mr. Huh, we already live in a country where that description fits pretty good. Look around for crying out loud. Wake up. Stop being such a timid victim, and negative nellie.
AnswersRus

Riverton, WY

#74789 Sep 11, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
o you are white got rich off this great nation and moved to mexico to escape taxes and now you hope the USA burns...
And you are a gullible tool of the machine.
He's using a proxy server for cripe's sake. Wake up and look at possibilities instead of what is fed you.
AnswersRus

Riverton, WY

#74790 Sep 11, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
You are one scary anarchy wanting demon. WHEW...STAY IN MEXICO TRAITOR..........Your not paying taxes here or living here so F-OFF YOU TREASONOUS BASS TURD.
How about you rich pukes bring back all the jobs form your good buddies the COMMEIS IN CHINA and maybe we could cut and gut welfare and get people back to work. Your idea of starving out and killing out the poor is vile evil and will never happen.
Get a grip Mr. Huh.
You're too gullible and naive.
Huh

Faribault, MN

#74791 Sep 11, 2013
AnswersRus wrote:
<quoted text>
"Mexicans live like animals and have 40 people in 3 bed apartment also."
Oh balderdash ! Animals do not live in 3 bedroom apartments.
Your racism is showing again.
Hey, more power to them. They know how to live frugally. Something you apparently need help with.
In case you have not noticed Mr. Huh, we already live in a country where that description fits pretty good. Look around for crying out loud. Wake up. Stop being such a timid victim, and negative nellie.
Your the one crying because you pay maybe at most 30% total income in taxes and live in greatest nation on earth....Your acting like a victim. TAXES ARE LOWER TODAY THEN SINCE BEFORE WW2....

I make my wife and I around 65k a year. We pay less taxes today on 65k then we did on 30K back in the 1980,s. With write offs many big companies pay ZERO taxes...STOP CRYING. AND GET TO CREATEING JOBS.
AnswersRus

Riverton, WY

#74792 Sep 11, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
You could benefit from a few life lessons, some reality seasoned with a little objective thought, instead of just automatically believing what you are told, and, a tougher skin.

He is telling you that what is coming is coming. He is saying that waiting and putting off the inevitable is worse than just wading in and getting it over with.
Wake up Mr. Huh. Rome is burning.
Huh

Faribault, MN

#74793 Sep 11, 2013
AnswersRus wrote:
<quoted text>
Get a grip Mr. Huh.
You're too gullible and naive.
If your not rich your the one buying all the lies the rich tell....If your rich I know your lying because millions is not enough you want billions and then trillions etc etc......

WHEN IS ENOUGH ENOUGH? The rich and big business have seen there profits go up by 5000% since the 80,s......All why working class wages have went down with inflation figured in....

HOW MUCH MORE DO THE WORKERS HAVE TO GIVE WHEN WILL THE RICH HAVE ENOUGH??
Huh

Faribault, MN

#74794 Sep 11, 2013
40 years ago the rich by most people who were not rich were considered crooked at best and flat out evil at worst. WHAT HAPPENED???????? All of a sudden the nation went Gordon Gecko and greed is good. When I was young you would never find a person who worked for a living saying the rich were good people...TODAY THE BRAINWASHED MASSES ORSHIP THE RICH.....SICK...

Even jesus hated he rich the bible says the rich are bad....WHY WORSHIP THEM?
Huh

Faribault, MN

#74795 Sep 11, 2013
AnswersRus wrote:
<quoted text>
You could benefit from a few life lessons, some reality seasoned with a little objective thought, instead of just automatically believing what you are told, and, a tougher skin.
He is telling you that what is coming is coming. He is saying that waiting and putting off the inevitable is worse than just wading in and getting it over with.
Wake up Mr. Huh. Rome is burning.
Do you know why Rome fell???? There is 4 main reasons.

1. There military was massive and spread out all over the world.
2. They imported most of what they needed to survive.
3. There was rich and poor and not much inbetween.
4. The government made laws that only benefited the very rich.

That is historical fact so don't bother arguing...

SOUND FAMILIAR..........
buckwheat

Tulsa, OK

#74797 Sep 11, 2013
AnswersRus wrote:
<quoted text>
What bothers me about it, is idiots that blame the businesses for doing what they exist for in the first place ... to provide a competitive product at the lowest price possible and still remain solvent.
When ANY situation becomes an added burden of expense on a business, the business is forced to make changes in order to maintain their bottom lines.
The Government does not have the balls to stand up to business? Bullshit!!! They are the ones who drove the businesses out in the first place. Now that the businesses are gone, the progressives want to tax the hell out of their profits even further, and you jump on the band wagon in lock step. You are being played Mr.Buckwheat.
Our free markets have been under attack from the progressives for quite some time now. They must collapse the dolalr and create chaos in this country before the people will be willing to accept even more "hope and change" and put the final nails in the coffin of our constitution. That Mr. Buckwheat is their end game, and you had better wake up and believe it.
Okay.
AnswersRus

Riverton, WY

#74798 Sep 11, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
If your not rich your the one buying all the lies the rich tell....If your rich I know your lying because millions is not enough you want billions and then trillions etc etc......
WHEN IS ENOUGH ENOUGH? The rich and big business have seen there profits go up by 5000% since the 80,s......All why working class wages have went down with inflation figured in....
HOW MUCH MORE DO THE WORKERS HAVE TO GIVE WHEN WILL THE RICH HAVE ENOUGH??
[email protected]

My riches are not in dollars or gold or silver you twit. I consider myself rich because I have a warm place to sleep, food to eat, people who have my back, and a warm fire tonight as it's cold and raining tonight. In my book, a warm fire is better than anything.
You go ahead and horde your riches. I'll enjoy mine Mr Whiner.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 700 are dead and Chicago is out of control 3 hr red dawn 4
News Two white Catholic school students expelled for... 8 hr ChauvinistFearNoM... 2
News Miranda Lambert Takes "Highway Vagabond" to Lat... 22 hr secunwon 1
News Police continue search for murder suspect (Apr '09) 23 hr Tony 2
News 18-year-old accused in deadly southeast Missour... Fri Glizzyshii 6
News Pregnant woman shot dead, baby delivered Fri Who 1
News Shaun Dowdy arrested at his home Tuesday night. (Feb '09) Fri Poster 11
More from around the web