Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

Mar 22, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Wall Street Journal

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Comments
57,761 - 57,780 of 65,531 Comments Last updated 10 hrs ago
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

Be Truthful Be Free wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm willing to bet that at least all of you is not truthful and at least all of you is twisted in some way.
We'll give your life's story a rest for a few more days until further developments surface.
Something's telling me that we really don't have to wait a few more days, especially for you.
Let;s see........ your response was only 18 hours ago, and now we learned Zimmerman didn't have or touched a gun.

See what I mean?
Patriot

Oaxaca De Juárez, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
And who attacked a man and beaten him severely.
If Martin had a right to be where he was at, why didn't Zimmerman have that same right?
Why don't you know? Zimmerman isn't BLACK! Hahaha And appeasers and apologist get no brownie points from their Afrikan masters for applauding white rights. Only darkie rights are covered Hahaha!
Patriot

Oaxaca De Juárez, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong. You do kill a 17 year old after he assaults you, pins you down, blackens your eyes, breaks your nose and then tries to go for your gun. I certainly condone that.
Me too but that hesitation could have killed him too. When the thug came out of the darkness he should've taken a Weaver stance and prepared to fire. At that moment the coward would have probably ran away. Had he continued his advance it would have been a double tap Mozambique Drill ran on him and put him down for the count. And I would've invoked the Stand Your Ground law that George didn't need. The presence of a firearm often prevents the necessity to use it. Waiting until physically attacked was a mistake. Had I been in Zimmermans position Martin may still be alive or he would've died before striking me. Georges lack of proper training showed from the very beginning but even then he had the right to stop the aggression ASAP. Im sure he did the best he could under the circumstances and I applaud his legal victory.
Patriot

Oaxaca De Juárez, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Let;s see........ your response was only 18 hours ago, and now we learned Zimmerman didn't have or touched a gun.
See what I mean?
Toothfull will never catch on. He needs a Jim Jones pulpit to bark from. Hes a snake oil preacher without an audience hahaha.
Dudley Doright

Gardnerville, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

Oaxaca, Mexico? Isn't that where all the preverts and sheep molesters hang out?

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Patriot wrote:
<quoted text> The last time I heard anyone say that was in the first grade hahaha.
That explains so much.

You dropped out the next day, yellow streak and all.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess it's only okay when black people do it.
"Ester, I'm going to make some dough and press your face in it so I can make some gorilla cookies."
Redd Foxx playing the part of Fred Sanford on the black sitcom Sanford & Sons.
You are a racist who doesn't have the balls to admit it

Own your hatred and bigotry like a real man would. Wuss.

Since: Jan 13

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a racist who doesn't have the balls to admit it
Own your hatred and bigotry like a real man would. Wuss.
You tell em' Zazz!!!

It is all very interesting regarding this recent domestic violence incident. I know we don't know enough yet, but the destroyed Ipad, not only the video, just may get Zimm.

I read that the grainy surveillance camera at the home appeared to show Zimm smashing the Ipad. I know, "grainy", and "appeared". But if true, that warrants a charge of DV Malicious Mischief (destruction of property). With that DV tag, our little cowardly gun-totten' child killer, pedophile, wife beater would lose his gun rights! Wouldn't that be the best? But then he would carry a Cross-Bow in this truck. Hmmmmm...

Since: Apr 12

Truth's Door

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

AnswersRus wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny thing. You write as if I had actually asked you to provide proof.
Another funny thing. You rant during your telling me that the thread is about to close and it's purpose disappeared even before the first post was written, but yet here you are.
Really funny that you chastise me for being where you are on a dying thread, and tell ME to get a clue.
But then there is this too, which is downright hilarious ... you say no one reads, or rather listens to, apparently me, but here you are not only listening, but responding.
You are one messed up dude. You're good for a laugh tho. Thanks.
I see you didn't get that clue. No worries.

Do not confuse listening with looking or hearing. There's a huge difference.

I'm on this thread because I choose to be and I do not object to you being here. Don't know what you're kicking up a fuss for.

This thread is merely for my amusement. The Racists, Bigots, Idiots, Fools and nincompoops (led by Bronach the terrible liar and his equally filthy partner, bit Jit) have turned this thread into a thread filled with hate, racism, filth, profanity and bigotry.

How can anyone take this thread seriously? Lighten up. This thread serves no useful purpose whatsoever.

It is a closed thread, for all practical purposes. What goes on now is just for kicks. You know good and well thoughtful conversation doesn't go on here unless it's from me or one of the other posters who know right from wrong, good from evil.

Keep up.
nobama

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>As I said earlier, Trayvon's history was irrelevant to this particular incident. He was doing nothing criminal that night.
You said alot of crap earlier that was not true.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

(CNN)-- An iPad used to shoot video of a confrontation that allegedly erupted Monday between George Zimmerman and his estranged wife, Shellie, and her father might prove key in determining whether charges will be filed, police said Tuesday in Lake Mary, Florida.

"Unfortunately, the iPad is in several pieces," police spokesman Zach Hudson told reporters about the device, which he said George Zimmerman had damaged.

The incident comes two months after Zimmerman, a neighborhood watch volunteer, was acquitted of second-degree murder in the shooting death in nearby Sanford of Trayvon Martin, a 17-year-old unarmed youth.

Police have sent the pieces of the iPad for analysis, Hudson said. "We want to get all the information, the footage, off it."

“Now do whats right!”

Since: Jan 09

Doolittle, Mo.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Hows this for a conspiracy theory, the police did not check the vehicle for a gun because they did not have a search warrant, the wife says their was a gun in the vehicle, Zimmer's attorney says there was a gun in the vehicle.

The wife says Zimmerman kept repeating while sitting in his vehicle, "come a little closer, come a little closer, come a little closer".

Was he ready to use the >stand your ground defence< again?
Faster Cars

Chino, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

Trayvon was a typical black teenager and ended up like most black teenagers do.

So what. Nobody cares about your black culture. It has nothing anybody wants, has nothing to offer and exists on a level most don't lower themselves too.

Since: Jan 13

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Judged:

CB can see both sides wrote:
Hows this for a conspiracy theory, the police did not check the vehicle for a gun because they did not have a search warrant, the wife says their was a gun in the vehicle, Zimmer's attorney says there was a gun in the vehicle.
The wife says Zimmerman kept repeating while sitting in his vehicle, "come a little closer, come a little closer, come a little closer".
Yep CB, I agree. Furthermore, the cops DID have PC to search Zimm's truck based upon the busted up iPad alone. Or they had PC to arrest him on that basis, and could have conducted a "search incident to arrest" on his truck. I think the cops are scared of all the publicity. Way too early to tell though.
Patriot

Oaxaca, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2013

Judged:

CB can see both sides wrote:
Are you that dumb or just faking it to make us laugh? I really wonder. George NEVER used the SYG Law. Didn't have to because it was a clear cut case of self defense.
I also doubt he was coaxing that bleached albino gorilla to come closer. Why would he? It would sure be the last thing I asked for hahaha!

“Now do whats right!”

Since: Jan 09

Doolittle, Mo.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2013

Judged:

Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you that dumb or just faking it to make us laugh? I really wonder. George NEVER used the SYG Law. Didn't have to because it was a clear cut case of self defense.
I also doubt he was coaxing that bleached albino gorilla to come closer. Why would he? It would sure be the last thing I asked for hahaha!
Grow up, and come back when you can speak with adults?

Your choice of mates is your choice and has no revelence to me.
Huh

Owatonna, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2013

Today no matter where we stand on any issue I says this...

9-11 WE ALWAYS REMEMBER.
Huh

Owatonna, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2013

Judged:

Jit wrote:
<quoted text>
Blow it out our ass!
You're not an American!
You are a coward!
...and a sissy!
I served 12 years in the military and my family has been in this nation since time of Washington.

YOUR A PATHETIC LOSER.....Grow up....It is people like you why the world hates the USA...Your mean nasty and vile...
AnswersRus

Riverton, WY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2013

Be Truthful Be Free wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you didn't get that clue. No worries.
Do not confuse listening with looking or hearing. There's a huge difference.
I'm on this thread because I choose to be and I do not object to you being here. Don't know what you're kicking up a fuss for.
This thread is merely for my amusement. The Racists, Bigots, Idiots, Fools and nincompoops (led by Bronach the terrible liar and his equally filthy partner, bit Jit) have turned this thread into a thread filled with hate, racism, filth, profanity and bigotry.
How can anyone take this thread seriously? Lighten up. This thread serves no useful purpose whatsoever.
It is a closed thread, for all practical purposes. What goes on now is just for kicks. You know good and well thoughtful conversation doesn't go on here unless it's from me or one of the other posters who know right from wrong, good from evil.
Keep up.
This thread has been this way since the beginning. There has been no gradual nor sudden change in the hatred that has pervaded this topic and issue since Trayvon Martin died.

I question your ability to see this right and wrong and good and evil and firmly believe you know not of what you speak. You display a tendency to be very set against entertaining any new information and refuse to look at facts which led up to Trayvon losing his life.

You ignore reality when it comes to what the gang culture has done to our youth. I say "our youth", and mean all colors of American youth. This gang culture is especially killing our black youths in our inner cities.
You ignore that fact of reality, and refuse to go there in this "thoughtful conversation".
Your attempt at playing the policeman on this thread is laughable.

This thread is far from being what you claim it is. This issue is far from dead. We who are actually exposing the facts as they come out concerning Trayvon's infatuation with the gang culture, will continue to do so until such time as others also begin the needed inquiry into how to save our youth from the very culture that is killing them at the rate of over 80% of ALL gun deaths in this country.
You slander people like me who keep putting the truth out there, and call Trayvon Martin a victim of George Zimmerman.
You focus on ONE black youth death who is a victim of that culture, and refuse to see the thousands that are dying in similar fashion. Why? Because this ONE case was a man that is not black pulled the trigger. THOUSANDS of triggers are pulled by blacks shooting other blacks, and I hear no outcry from you for their deaths nor for the grief of their parents.
That is dispicable behavior on your part my fellow American citizen.

You focus on ONE case that does not even display the signs and symptoms of racism, and use it to vent your hatred of all people who are not black - when the truth be known, there are damn FEW "blacks" in this country who are not also part white, or hispanic, or native, or Asian.
Our own president is said to be "black" when the other half of his genetic glass is white.
You display the stinking thinking that a person, any person, is either one color or the other, when the real truth, is already, that they are both.

Fools like you think we "whiteys" see BO as a black man. It is close minded apologists like you who do. We see him as a president who is in over his head ... like Jimmy Carter was, only this time, we also have ignorant lying racist fools like you to deal with in the mix.
You should be ashamed of your behavior concerning this issue. As an American, I certainly am ashamed of how fools like you act and blather trumped up bullshit for all the world to see. It reflects badly on all us Americans, you included.
Huh

Owatonna, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2013

Judged:

Jit wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah right!...just like you "killed the bull" after it charged at you when you threw a rock at it!
ROFLMFAO!!!
Why are you so nasty and full of hate. Today for one day can we not just say WE ARE AMERICANS AND WE REMEMBER..........
Cant you put aside your vile nasty demonic racist attacks for one day.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••