Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks ...

Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

There are 66306 comments on the Wall Street Journal story from Mar 22, 2012, titled Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media. In it, Wall Street Journal reports that:

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wall Street Journal.

Patriot

Tuxtla Gutiérrez, Mexico

#74696 Sep 11, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
Poverty is the problem not race...
Wherever you find poverty you find gangs and violence.......STOP YOUR NAZI KKK BLAME COLORED PEOPLE BS OK HITLER BOY.
You are wrong DEAD WRONG. The problem with the statistics that 80% of gang related violence is a issue of BLACK. Its that simple and right in front of you. Anyone denying that is either a fool or blind, maybe both.
All you left wing libs go the same route to quiet the truth. Its a given when confronted you spout off KKK, Nazi, hate , bigot, racist etc etc. That works many times. Evidently with this group it does not. We are all tired of the bullshit you "minorities", white appeasers/apologists along with their enablers throw out on a daily basis.
Until youll deal with the problem of BLACK there is no solution. Unless you keep pushing and let the millions of Patriotic Americans like the Bikers cruising through Dark City have a reason to take care of it. I wish they would just clean that shithole out while theyre in town.
AnswersRus

Riverton, WY

#74697 Sep 11, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
NO NO NO..F-ING JERK DONT TWIST WHAT I SAID LIAR....Race is not the problem and it is you who said it was.
POVERTY IS THE PROBLEM,.....Now if you don't like facts lets end our chat since your lies drive me crazy and wont waste time arguing with an idiot like you.
What's driving you crazy is the FBI's statistics that you refuse to embrace and discuss here.

Poverty is a problem the world over. You have no monopoly on poverty. Do you see poor Indians in India killing each other to the tune of over 80% of all deaths in the poverty stricken areas? No.
Do you see the poor in Peru shooting each other because they are living in poverty? No.
Do you see the poor in Thailand shooting each other because they live in poverty? No.

Your claim that money will cause the gang bangers to stop shooting each other is utterly ridiculous.
At least try to come up with an idea of how to stop all the bloodshed in our inner cities.
Money would only add to what is already going on. Your own words of "greedy rich" prove my point and destroy your nonsense. The love of money is the root of all evil Mr. Huh.

For me to be guilty of what you charge, I would have to point out that one "race" is taking advantage of another "race".
That is not the case. I am simply asking you to engage in helping solve the sad state of affairs that has one race of people shooting themselves at an unacceptable rate. It is unnacceptable to me. You appear OK that brothers are shooting other brothers.
AnswersRus

Riverton, WY

#74698 Sep 11, 2013
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>
You guys do not like to look at the big picture and you do not like to look at guns as being part of the problem.
Unless you do, you will continue to tribalize the issues and try and pit one group of amerikkkkans against another and not look at the common thread of guns.
There is no hope for you guys - it will come from the younger generation of rational and reasoned thinkers who want our country to succeed.
You are mistaken.
In order for me to be guilty of what you charge, I would have to actually be speaking of one group against another.
I am trying to get some of you, any of you, any color, race, or creed, to focus on where there is one group against itself ... not another group.
Since you refuse to go there and insist I am guilty of false charges, then how about this?

What can I, or any other person, as a member of the "other" group, do to help stop the bloodshed in our inner cities streets?
Patriot

Tuxtla Gutiérrez, Mexico

#74699 Sep 11, 2013
Grandpa Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
When I made that post I was thinking about the plight the inner-city. That is the one central problem that faces our cities and threatens to explode across the country.
Guns are the tools of destructions that are used often to kill, both in our cities and in rural America. That applies to the gangbangers and the country people who own shotguns, pistols, and automatic weapons. It looks like this country does not have the stomach do anything about controlling or regulating guns.
We are in a round robin. Criminals have guns. People want guns to protect themselves from criminals.
Guns aren't the problem. The problem is the hands that control them.
I actually support them within the inner city ghetto thugs. They seem to be doing a wonderful job taking care of themselves. 90% of the gangbangers eliminated will never contribute anything to society so its a win win.
And not everyones primary concern for owning weapons is exactly the same. The Founding Fathers were smart enough to guarantee us this Right in the Constitution. And it was designed to allow the law abiding citizenry the option to protect or stop tyranny in the Government. That's still a serious problem facing America and of course defending ones self against criminal elements runs a close second. God Bless the Founding Fathers and the 2nd Amendment!
Huh

Peterstown, WV

#74700 Sep 11, 2013
In WV in the education system blacks are grouped with the mentally handicapped. Just because they are black.blacks qualify for fed assistance because they are black. Whites between 18 and 40 don't because they are white. An all white college fund is racist. Yet blacks have one. Whites can't get a job because they are white.being black is a qualification for many jobs. The first legal slave in America was created by a black man. But instituting slavery is whiteys fault. They tear up their own neighborhoods, but it's whiteys fault. They know how to wear their bling, but can't read. The n word is used by themselves far more than whites. They can write music about smacking women down and killing one another, but they can't raise their own children. They can get together but the only organizations they come up with is an org that blames whitey, an org that put hits out on whitey and gangs. The average black iq is 85 , whites 103 . White people are to blame because blacks won't teach blacks, it's our responsibility to lift them up, lol. They can sport $300 shoes but are to Dumb and poor to get an id .
Grandpa Joe

Harrodsburg, KY

#74701 Sep 11, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
Lying is wrong......You should stop. Inner cities were destroyed when greedy companies out sourced jobs to COMMIE CHINA AND CARTEL MEXICO.
It is not color that is problem it is POVERTY. Where whites are in poverty they are in gangs and crime...IT IS POVERTY NOT RACE........
Until you old Nazi KKK pigs cant stop your hate and racism BS and look at real problem nothing will change.
Deny, deny, deny. It is racist to proclaim hate to one who sees the problem and wants to do something to help the inner-city. When it is black killing black it is color. It is black men who will not be a father to the children that they begat. It is black kids who are being destroyed. It is black kids who are exposed to poor schools and in many cases have little interest in education. It is black young men who create the crime which lands so many of them in jail.

So yes, it is color, but is is everyone's problem.

I was in a local park a while ago. A car load of kids had the radio blaring. It was rap and the N-word was repeated over and over again. The B word and the F bomb as well as numerous other vulgar words were pouring out of the speakers. I asked the kid the name of the song and who the artist was. The song was Riot and the artist was 2 Chainz. YOU WANT TO DO SOMETHING TO HELP YOUNG BLACKS? FIGHT RAP LIKE THIS. How can anyone expect kids to grown up respecting women, themselves and others with this crap being poured in their heads.
Patriot

Tuxtla Gutiérrez, Mexico

#74702 Sep 11, 2013
AnswersRus wrote:
<quoted text>
What's driving you crazy is the FBI's statistics that you refuse to embrace and discuss here.
Poverty is a problem the world over. You have no monopoly on poverty. Do you see poor Indians in India killing each other to the tune of over 80% of all deaths in the poverty stricken areas? No.
Do you see the poor in Peru shooting each other because they are living in poverty? No.
Do you see the poor in Thailand shooting each other because they live in poverty? No.
Your claim that money will cause the gang bangers to stop shooting each other is utterly ridiculous.
At least try to come up with an idea of how to stop all the bloodshed in our inner cities.
Money would only add to what is already going on. Your own words of "greedy rich" prove my point and destroy your nonsense. The love of money is the root of all evil Mr. Huh.
For me to be guilty of what you charge, I would have to point out that one "race" is taking advantage of another "race".
That is not the case. I am simply asking you to engage in helping solve the sad state of affairs that has one race of people shooting themselves at an unacceptable rate. It is unnacceptable to me. You appear OK that brothers are shooting other brothers.
Since that goddamned LBJ started that damn "cure" for poverty by putting those worthless lazy POS on the tit things have went downhill. The Afrikans blame all their problems on "poverty" hoping for that next dime. Its the most vicious cycle in the world. And theyre too dumb to breakout of it. Poor bastards, poverty is their middle name. Hahaha
American Lady

Danville, KY

#74703 Sep 11, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text> Ever noticed the tooth problem started with a small black speck that went untreated for too long. That black speck ruined the whole tooth. If left without treatment it could lead to problems with the jaw bone and even contaminate the bloodstream resulting in death. Some teeth are beyond repair and need to be removed from the jawbone and discarded. Trying to save a tooth is also sometimes impossible depending on the condition and age of the problem. At that time it must be properly disposed of to insure the surrounding area is not infected etc etc.
Pull the tooth and disinfect the surrounding area. Just saying.....
Take a moment ... or two
to
REMEMBER *9/11* <3

What a great euphemism.
Agree :)
AnswersRus

Riverton, WY

#74704 Sep 11, 2013
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>
You guys do not like to look at the big picture and you do not like to look at guns as being part of the problem.
Unless you do, you will continue to tribalize the issues and try and pit one group of amerikkkkans against another and not look at the common thread of guns.
There is no hope for you guys - it will come from the younger generation of rational and reasoned thinkers who want our country to succeed.
Guns are simply a tool that is being employed in an improper manner.
Hundreds of millions of guns in this country are silent in the bloodshed on our streets. It is not the overwhelming number of silent guns that are a problem. It is only the guns that are being misused.
In order for a gun to be misused, there has to be a human holding and misusing the gun.

It is impossible to eradicate any one tool from existance. You destroy one weapon, the criminal gets another one ... or makes another one ... or invents an even more heinous weapon. A thing once invented, is always invented, and always present.

Try to engage and discuss the real problem ... human behavior.
Huh

Faribault, MN

#74705 Sep 11, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text> You are wrong DEAD WRONG. The problem with the statistics that 80% of gang related violence is a issue of BLACK. Its that simple and right in front of you. Anyone denying that is either a fool or blind, maybe both.
All you left wing libs go the same route to quiet the truth. Its a given when confronted you spout off KKK, Nazi, hate , bigot, racist etc etc. That works many times. Evidently with this group it does not. We are all tired of the bullshit you "minorities", white appeasers/apologists along with their enablers throw out on a daily basis.
Until youll deal with the problem of BLACK there is no solution. Unless you keep pushing and let the millions of Patriotic Americans like the Bikers cruising through Dark City have a reason to take care of it. I wish they would just clean that shithole out while theyre in town.
Do they have KKK groups down in Mexico? Anyway it is poverty that is the problem just a simple hardcore 100% fact. Where whites are in poverty there is wild violence also.POVERTY IS THE PROBLEM. Your lies don't change fact,
AnswersRus

Riverton, WY

#74706 Sep 11, 2013
Grandpa Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Deny, deny, deny. It is racist to proclaim hate to one who sees the problem and wants to do something to help the inner-city. When it is black killing black it is color. It is black men who will not be a father to the children that they begat. It is black kids who are being destroyed. It is black kids who are exposed to poor schools and in many cases have little interest in education. It is black young men who create the crime which lands so many of them in jail.
I was in a local park a while ago. A car load of kids had the radio blaring. It was rap and the N-word was repeated over and over again. The B word and the F bomb as well as numerous other vulgar words were pouring out of the speakers. I asked the kid the name of the song and who the artist was. The song was Riot and the artist was 2 Chainz. YOU WANT TO DO SOMETHING TO HELP YOUNG BLACKS? FIGHT RAP LIKE THIS. How can anyone expect kids to grown up respecting women, themselves and others with this crap being poured in their heads.
Yes indeed. How?
Huh

Faribault, MN

#74707 Sep 11, 2013
Grandpa Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Run off to your KKK meeting now old man. We adults have talking to do. Your 100% wrong....IT IS POVERTY,.....NOT COLOR....Until you take off your Nazi kkk hitler glasses you wont see that.
AnswersRus

Riverton, WY

#74708 Sep 11, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
Do they have KKK groups down in Mexico? Anyway it is poverty that is the problem just a simple hardcore 100% fact. Where whites are in poverty there is wild violence also.POVERTY IS THE PROBLEM. Your lies don't change fact,
We threw money at that "problem" ... BILLIONS of dollars of it.
Made it worse, not better. Look at the numbers and see for yourself.
Money will not solve this. It has compounded it.
You are simply incorrect.

Look at all the high corporate crime. They are rich, and you had better believe there are "gangs" in the corporate world too. Lack of money is not the problem.
Try again. Your horse is dead. Remount.
serfs up

Ormond Beach, FL

#74709 Sep 11, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not poverty that is the question. although it is a catalyst. It is the perpetual poverty machine that the United States has created. The great society was supposed to end it. Fifty years later and it is worse. Taxes are sky high and now America has growing poverty in all groups in a much more diverse nation and the fools even legitimized a second language for votes.
AnswersRus

Riverton, WY

#74710 Sep 11, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
Run off to your KKK meeting now old man. We adults have talking to do. Your 100% wrong....IT IS POVERTY,.....NOT COLOR....Until you take off your Nazi kkk hitler glasses you wont see that.
Money breeds envy and crime.
You are incorrect.

You are the only one rolling out the "color" die in this crap shoot Mr. Huh.
Responsibility

Petaluma, CA

#74711 Sep 11, 2013
AnswersRus wrote:
<quoted text>
You destroy one weapon, the criminal gets another one ...
I know - let's ban scissors and then gun owners will feel better about the ease, the efficiency and the violent power of their guns.
Responsibility

Petaluma, CA

#74712 Sep 11, 2013
AnswersRus wrote:
<quoted text>
Try to engage and discuss the real problem ... human behavior.
Dear, guns are part of the human behavior.

As are some of the hatefilled racist comments from folks like you who box folks into colors.

Much easier to do but ignorant.
Patriot

Tuxtla Gutiérrez, Mexico

#74713 Sep 11, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahaha the ol KKK defense to smokescreen the facts. As a matter of fact here in Mexico they have Afrikans that arrived here at the same time period on the same boats. But alas they went to work and were no given a single dime, ever. They became Mexicans without hyphenation and WORK. That's the key. Work and do not go against the general population and alienate themselves. Besides the Mexicans have a self serving system of justice for foreigners that try to destabilize their government. They ship their ass back wherever they came from period. And it seems to work quite well. The US should try that same exact system.
Poverty is not the problem either. Many Afrikans in Mexico are still fishing in the coastal areas where their ancestors came ashore. Living in bamboo houses and using public transportation. The Afrikan in America doesn't know what poverty is compared to some of their cousins in Mexico. So get off the poverty bandwagon. You have 0 knowledge of what you attempt to speak of. And do sound rather silly trying to debate the issue!
Next time you want to post don't forget to use, hate, racist and bigot. The KKK and Nazi are so yesterday you idiot!
Patriot

Tuxtla Gutiérrez, Mexico

#74715 Sep 11, 2013
AnswersRus wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes indeed. How?
Funny the way he asks you if you want to help fight RAP music etc. Of course I do but its hard to when the President invites the rap artists to the WH and dances and parties with them all night promoting the lifestyle. Its a cancer and its in their blood to be like that. What more proof do you need?
Grandpa Joe

Harrodsburg, KY

#74716 Sep 11, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
We old geezers know what it was like back before Martin Luther King gave his speech. We have watched the doors open for black people. We know successful black people. We see the browning of the U.S. culture. We know that if motivated and educated black people can succeed in this country.

You are stuck in the past. I mentioned Rap and the danger that it does to both black and white youth. You are silent on black kids being raised in single women homes on welfare. You are silent about the danger to black folk of black gangs. You are silent about young blacks in our cities having to go to poor schools or even worse not being interested in education. You are silent on black on black crime. In short you deny.

Put your hate aside and help one black youth.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Vice Lords feel squeeze of arrests (Jul '06) Jan 16 advice 377
News True crime isn't as true in its depiction of fe... Jan 16 Let It Snow 4
News Attorney General takes issue with Bell ads Jan 15 MR JOHN NORRIS 1
News Arrest made in Saturday night murder (Oct '07) Jan 15 St_Louis 44
News Police seek murder suspect (Oct '07) Jan 14 HisGirl 48
News Downtown Las Vegas drive-by shooting followed t... Jan 14 NeoCrusader7 1
News City of Bardstown, former police chief McKenzie... Jan 13 I Eat Poo Poo 11
More from around the web