Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks ...

Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

There are 66307 comments on the Wall Street Journal story from Mar 22, 2012, titled Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media. In it, Wall Street Journal reports that:

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wall Street Journal.

Truth

Rome, GA

#74454 Sep 9, 2013
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>Definition - Stalking is unwanted or obsessive attention by an individual or group toward another person.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stalking

I would guess there is no lie as to Zimmerman was the stalker, Zimmerman was stalking and anyone (including Mr. Martin) would have been fearful of being stalked/followed.

If you guys prefer the word following, Zimmerman was following Mr. Martin.
Stalking doesn't apply in the case and even the ignorant prosecutor knew that and that is why he wasn't charged. You can not attack and try to kill someone for following. The jury agreed.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#74455 Sep 9, 2013
the truth wrote:
what is it that you people are hoping to accomplish by wasting so much of your time on this topic?
those of you that believe that zimmerman is innocent will never convince the idiots that think he is guilty of murder...and the idiots that think zimmerman is guilty of murder will never let those pesky little things known as facts cloud their judgement
so, what is the end game here?
WHY are you here?
Truth

Rome, GA

#74456 Sep 9, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>Every word?

the pedophile was armed.

the pedophile turned the truck around because he thought the boy was black.

the pedophile got out of the truck and chased after the boy.

the pedophile was told by the SPD not to chase after the boy.

the boy had every right to be exactly where he was at.

the pedophile had no right to approach this boy who had every right to be where he was at.

the pedophile was a cop wannabe coward polished turd and parasite who will continue to cost taxpayers: he isn't done yet.
He saved tax payers a lot. The thug and dope-head Martin would have cost tax payers dearly.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#74457 Sep 9, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
'you' a "grown up" ...
Wait a sec ... BRB ...
Had to GO ...
ROTF&L ...
over and over and over ...!!!
You GET the picture"
I'm sure ...
)8~D>
Write when you get work. I'll donate the shovel.

Location hidden

#74458 Sep 9, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text> You appeaser wiggers are all just alike. And all have that built in sexual pervertedness too. Im sure that is easily explained in the wiggler syndrome society. GFYx3!
Bend over. Someone's wiggler is waiting.

Location hidden

#74459 Sep 9, 2013
the truth wrote:
what is it that you people are hoping to accomplish by wasting so much of your time on this topic?
those of you that believe that zimmerman is innocent will never convince the idiots that think he is guilty of murder...and the idiots that think zimmerman is guilty of murder will never let those pesky little things known as facts cloud their judgement
so, what is the end game here?
The endgame is to await your decision and then go the other way.
Truth

Rome, GA

#74460 Sep 9, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>Trayvon didn't have a criminal background. Zimmerman does.

Trayvon would have followed his older brother to college. Your predictions are based on racism and are invalid.

Baa baa.
Trayvon did have a criminal background. Try to catch up.

Location hidden

#74461 Sep 9, 2013
Courtney Kleinshshmitt wrote:
I saw a post on Facebook where Travyon was charcterized as "a child."
A 17 year old 6 foot 3 child?
Giggle. Giggle. Giggle.
Try some Kaopectate.

Location hidden

#74462 Sep 9, 2013
<quoted text>
...and they never heard of Martins burglary tools and problems with school authorities either!
You walked BLINDLY into that one fella
giggle. giggle. giggle.
Try reading the posts that preceded these. You are in deep crapola. gurgle. gurgle. gurgle.
Courtney Kleinshshmitt

Phoenix, AZ

#74463 Sep 9, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Try some Kaopectate.
Try some brain food. I schooled your *****

Since: Mar 09

Buffalo, NY

#74464 Sep 9, 2013
Shellie Zimmerman told 911 Monday that he had threatened her and her father with a weapon.

On the 911 call, Shellie Zimmerman, who filed for divorce last week, is breathing heavily when she tells a dispatcher that Zimmerman is still at the house.

"He's in his car and he continually has his hand on his gun, and he's saying,'Step closer.' He's just threatening all of us with his firearm," she says.

Shellie Zimmerman also tells 911 that George Zimmerman punched her father in the nose, then smashed her iPad before getting in his truck.

"I don't know what he's capable of. I'm really, really scared," she says.

That is some hero!
Truth

Rome, GA

#74465 Sep 9, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>There are laws against racial profiling by police in some states, and people are working on one in Florida. I'm aware this doesn't apply to your overstuffed hero Zimmerman, nor am I aware of any specific pursuit laws. But if anyone commits the act of racial profiling, or is in pursuit of someone, he should be ready for any consequences of those actions.
All Zimmerman got was a couple of black eyes, a few scrapes, and a fat lip, and some inconvenience in his schedule. He got off easy.

My personal opinion is that if racial profiling can be demonstrated in someone who is carrying a firearm, whether civilian or police, that person should face severe criminal penalties.

Finally, not only do I think the stand your ground laws are absurd and easy to hide behind, if anyone in this incident should have invoked them, it was Trayvon Martin. Put that in your hookah and smoke it.
Zimmerman was also cleared of racial profiling.
Patriot

Salina Cruz, Mexico

#74466 Sep 9, 2013
Responsibility wrote:
Divorce is messy, dirty, and emotional - and I would not want a man like Zimmerman anywhere near such a proceeding.
Especially if I was only carrying a packet of skittles and an iced tea!
What stupid thing to say. The dudes getting a divorce and naturally hes "near the procedure". Why the hell wouldn't he be. Because he was smart enough to not let himself be beaten to death? Hahaha.
Truth

Rome, GA

#74467 Sep 9, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Another juror said she thought Zimmerman was guilty, but that the prosecution fell short in supplying the necessary evidence, which left her with no choice but a not guilty verdict.

Write that on the blackboard one hundred times.
Not so. You have been misinformed.
Truth

Rome, GA

#74468 Sep 9, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Trayvon's background and habits were kept from the jury because they were irrelevant. I'm surprised that such a stickler for the law as yourself would even raise that issue.

And why, since you bring up Martin's past, would you neglect to raise the matter of Zimmerman's own creaky background and run-ins with the law?

Again, check out today's news about the violent nature of George Zimmerman.
It is also of interest that the jury was kept from hearing that Zimmerman was being treated with Adderall, a drug used for combatting attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), a drug which frequently causes aggressive behavior.
Once again you are wrong. The drug does not frequently cause aggression. It is very rare. Try studying up a little. You made this wrong assumption before and I provided you with proof.
Patriot

Salina Cruz, Mexico

#74469 Sep 9, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Bend over. Someone's wiggler is waiting.
You internet queers are a dime a dozen. Youd last 3 seconds 1x1 maybe less. While youre looking for your teeth there comes that 12 Combat Boot up the dirtshute!
BOHICA! Fkn punk!
Truth

Rome, GA

#74470 Sep 9, 2013
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>The end game is the truth - and it will be Zimmerman who will be telling it.
It appears he must have told the truth already. All evidence at court supported his statement. The detective even said he believed Zimmerman. I guess the jury believed his statements as well. NOT GUILTY.

Location hidden

#74471 Sep 9, 2013
<quoted text>
Try some brain food. I schooled your *****
Yo momma wears boxer shorts.

Your daddy Carl wants to know where he went wrong.
Truth

Rome, GA

#74472 Sep 9, 2013
LakeSailing wrote:
Shellie Zimmerman told 911 Monday that he had threatened her and her father with a weapon.

On the 911 call, Shellie Zimmerman, who filed for divorce last week, is breathing heavily when she tells a dispatcher that Zimmerman is still at the house.

"He's in his car and he continually has his hand on his gun, and he's saying,'Step closer.' He's just threatening all of us with his firearm," she says.

Shellie Zimmerman also tells 911 that George Zimmerman punched her father in the nose, then smashed her iPad before getting in his truck.

"I don't know what he's capable of. I'm really, really scared," she says.

That is some hero!
I think she is on probation for lying to the court. Maybe that is why she decided to sign the paper saying she did not wish to prosecute. Hmmmm.

Location hidden

#74473 Sep 9, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Not so. You have been misinformed.
I heard her say it on TV. But why should I believe what I saw and heard when I have you to lead me to the truth? By the way, do most of the voices broadcast to you on AM or FM?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News America's deadliest shooting incidents are gett... 36 min Cujo 465
News Black Lives Matter* (Oct '15) 3 hr Steve 2,056
News Supreme Court temporarily halts Alabama execution 3 hr Stephen D Clark 3
News Spate of homicides puts Columbus in a season of... Thu Neighbor 7
News Fox Lake men say they were detained illegally d... Wed Irish Willie 11
News Manhunt is on (Aug '06) Wed Marty OBrien 6
News Suspect In Decker Lane Murder Turns Himself In (Sep '07) Oct 17 Farts Candy 37
More from around the web