Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks ...

Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

There are 66305 comments on the Wall Street Journal story from Mar 22, 2012, titled Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media. In it, Wall Street Journal reports that:

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wall Street Journal.

DA Stupidity

Sparta, TN

#70810 Jul 23, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
The Gallup poll confirms what many of us intuitively know: that most Americans make up their minds about cases like Trayvon Martin’s not because they have a strong opinion about how to interpret Florida’s Stand Your Ground law, but because they have a strong opinion about race in America.
And not surprisingly, those views diverge dramatically across racial lines. In a 2009 Pew poll, whites were by 31 points more likely than blacks to say the police usually treat whites and blacks equally.
A 2010 Pew poll found that while 58 percent of blacks said news coverage of blacks was too negative, 57 percent of whites said it was either fair or too positive. The divide isn’t only racial; it’s partisan too.
An analysis of the 2008 American National Election Study by John Sides at the Monkey Cage blog found that white Democrats were by 18 points more likely than white Republicans to consider blacks “intelligent” and by a whopping 29 points more likely to consider them “hardworking.”
It’s no surprise, therefore, that while more than half of Republicans told Pew last year that the media had devoted too much attention to the Martin case, only one third of white Democrats agreed. Among Democrats overall, the figure dropped to one quarter.
This is what the debate over Saturday’s verdict is really about. It’s between those black and white Democrats who believe racism remains a grave problem and those white Republicans who think political correctness is a bigger one.
It’s not just that most Republicans don’t worry much about discrimination against blacks. They’re worried about discrimination against whites.
According to a 2011 survey by the Public Religion Research Institute, almost two thirds of Tea Party supporters consider discrimination against whites as big a problem as discrimination against blacks.
People who consider Fox News their most trusted news source are almost twice as likely to consider “reverse discrimination” a “critical” issue as they are to feel that way about the old-fashioned, white-on-black kind.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/07...
Not buying any poll quote when it comes to the Zimmerman case. I watched more than 95% of the entire trial and couldn't believe how that trial started and continued the same to the very end. Each prosecution witness turned to be a witness for the defense. IMO, there was never any other verdict possible if anyone used the evidence in trial. Since the trial, much more evidence has come to light that was not permitted in the trial concerning TM lifestyle evidenced by info on TM's cell phone. I couldn't look myself in the mirror as a parent, let along look anyone else in the eye after trailing across the countryside with all those tv interviews if my child had done what TM did before his death. To me, it is now all about raising money from this big event. Denial can't protect someone forever and when it come down, it will hit like a truck load of brick that won't let up. Too bad this family didn't put equal as much energy into raising their son.
Smar Tass

Grasonville, MD

#70811 Jul 23, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>You have my sympathy. Well, we can't all be rocket scientists.
Judging from your obtuse replies, you definitely are not a rocket scientist either. Five will get me ten that you are a janitor, that is if you even have a job.
Patriot

Ixtepec, Mexico

#70812 Jul 23, 2013
DA Stupidity wrote:
<quoted text>
Not buying any poll quote when it comes to the Zimmerman case. I watched more than 95% of the entire trial and couldn't believe how that trial started and continued the same to the very end. Each prosecution witness turned to be a witness for the defense. IMO, there was never any other verdict possible if anyone used the evidence in trial. Since the trial, much more evidence has come to light that was not permitted in the trial concerning TM lifestyle evidenced by info on TM's cell phone. I couldn't look myself in the mirror as a parent, let along look anyone else in the eye after trailing across the countryside with all those tv interviews if my child had done what TM did before his death. To me, it is now all about raising money from this big event. Denial can't protect someone forever and when it come down, it will hit like a truck load of brick that won't let up. Too bad this family didn't put equal as much energy into raising their son.
They have no shame! And the only 6 people that made a shit in any poll said NOT GUILTY! Im still wondering which of those two very precise English words do the dumbass racist blacks and the foolish white appeasers, enablers and apologists understand
Patriot

Ixtepec, Mexico

#70813 Jul 23, 2013
DA Stupidity wrote:
<quoted text>
I spent more time training a Polled Herford bull for 4H class than they spent with that knuckle dragging punk ass thug! Plus the bull was worth 100 times the price of the mutt too!

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#70814 Jul 23, 2013
[QUOTE who="DA Stupidity"I watched more than 95% of the entire trial[/QUOTE]

I see you work as hard as the pedophile zimmerman.

He saw 95 percent of the trial too.

Most other people have jobs.

Location hidden

#70815 Jul 23, 2013
Reagan Revived wrote:
<quoted text>You should duplicate that event.
I'd hate to violate your registered trademark, dear.

Location hidden

#70816 Jul 23, 2013
Patriot wrote:
Im still wondering which of those two very precise English words
They are the exact same two precise words the jury gave in the OJ Simpson trial.

The pedophile and OJ share something in common: a future in prison.
Smar Tass

Grasonville, MD

#70817 Jul 23, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you make stupid remarks by default, or do you take time and put effort into it?
See the Light

El Paso, TX

#70819 Jul 23, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Ideally there would be no black neighborhoods, or white neighborhoods, or gay or straight neighborhoods, or ethnic or religious neighborhoods, or any other way of segregating people.
I know it won't happen anytime soon, but I hope for a time when everyone gets an even break, and we can relate to one another on a simple human basis.
By the way, I grew up in a rainbow neighborhood, with people of every color and stripe. I won't claim there were never any problems, but in retrospect, I wouldn't have had it any other way.
Prison?

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#70820 Jul 23, 2013
Smar Tass wrote:
<quoted text>
Judging from your obtuse replies, you definitely are not a rocket scientist either. Five will get me ten that you are a janitor, that is if you even have a job.
If only. I'm just an apprentice broom.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#70821 Jul 23, 2013
See the Light wrote:
<quoted text>Prison?
Compost?

“BET DAP”

Since: Feb 09

GOOM BOWN

#70823 Jul 23, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>

with almost 70k posts in just over two years i'll assume you're in the minority, huh, turnip?

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#70825 Jul 23, 2013
DA Stupidity wrote:
<quoted text>
You must not be very intelligent then

All of that information was release by O'Mara before the trial in an effort to taint the jury. Looks like his ploy worked.

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#70826 Jul 23, 2013
Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
This stupid cripple SOB talks about people having jobs and in the past 41 months this idiot has posted at the rate of three and a half post per hour every waking hour of every day seven days a week 12 months a year. If you do not believe me all one has to do is to take the number of months he has been here and divide the number of months into the number of post then use 30 as number of days per month and then 16 as number of waking hours and you will see how pathetic this little angry cripple is.
It pathetic that you would take the tine to do that much math. WTF do you care how many times someone posts?

You are the cripple. Cripple in your mind.
nobama

Los Angeles, CA

#70827 Jul 23, 2013
Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
This stupid cripple SOB talks about people having jobs and in the past 41 months this idiot has posted at the rate of three and a half post per hour every waking hour of every day seven days a week 12 months a year. If you do not believe me all one has to do is to take the number of months he has been here and divide the number of months into the number of post then use 30 as number of days per month and then 16 as number of waking hours and you will see how pathetic this little angry cripple is.
Just look at most of his remarks. A real dumbass.
Smar Tass

Grasonville, MD

#70828 Jul 23, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
It pathetic that you would take the tine to do that much math. WTF do you care how many times someone posts?
You are the cripple. Cripple in your mind.
You are a combative individual who has absolutely nothing to offer other than puerile insults. Do yourself a favor and go before you are swatted down as the obtuse ignoramus that you present yourself as.
Biker

Berkeley Springs, WV

#70829 Jul 23, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>They are the exact same two precise words the jury gave in the OJ Simpson trial.

The pedophile and OJ share something in common: a future in prison.
Blacks are 10x more likely to molest their children than whites and Hispanics. I just made that up like the news channels do....see how dumb you trayvon supporters really are?
UN-hyphenated American

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#70833 Jul 24, 2013
Smar Tass wrote:
<quoted text>
Before he hid his location on Topix he bragged about being an union drone ex-cop HD trike riding fat assed do-rag wearing gray bearded brain injured(he admitted to head injury)POS- so no 'rocket science' going on in his head on several levels!
DA Stupidity

Sparta, TN

#70834 Jul 24, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm glad you are one that works, if its honest wages. I earned my place in life and will continue to hold that position until the day I die. Just a bit slow aren't you?
Imhotep

Silver Springs, FL

#70835 Jul 24, 2013
DA Stupidity wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree.
This should never have gone to trial.
Zero evidence zero credibility
The verdict was a forgone conclusion.
Reviewing Florida state law and statutes and state instructions to the jury there was no other possible verdict.
The prosecution should've understood this!
They are supposed to be professional attorneys.
Instead they allowed themselves to be driven by professional race Baiters.

And yes it's ironic that the states star witness turned out to be the defense star witness.
This kid was already in trouble.
If he had not "whooped" GZ, He would be pursuing his ongoing criminal activities, Which he himself outlined in Twitter and Facebook.

If his parents did any serious parenting he would have been living with one of them And not being suspended from school multiple times.

What were the parents thinking after suspension number one? what action did they take?- apparently neither one did anything.

Where were all those tears then?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News If an assault weapons ban can't stop school sho... 26 min javawhey 818
News Manhunt is on (Aug '06) 2 hr Florence Shellington 10
News Teens charged with violent crimes also linked t... 7 hr Bluntruth 1
News Reputed Gang Member Faces New Charges 12 hr Eye 4 N Eye 2
News Homicide rate in Knoxville, Knox County hits hi... Thu Mayor Madelyn 5
News Two Dead In Elgin Shooting (Jul '10) Wed Small Towner in OK 14
News Las Vegas man shot neighbor as he lay on ground... Wed Yikes 2