Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks ...

Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

There are 66307 comments on the Wall Street Journal story from Mar 22, 2012, titled Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media. In it, Wall Street Journal reports that:

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wall Street Journal.

CatholicPatriot

Lodi, CA

#67896 Jul 14, 2013
Toby wrote:
Every cared to look at the justice departments statistics on black homicides, they kill each other like they have a Ph.D degree in murder, 95 % of all black homicides including black youth homicides are committed by other African Americans, its slightly higher for blacks youths under 18 about 96%, so all your outrage about the sacred black life of Trayvon and the heinous loss of black lives to racist whites is erroneous.
So in your eyes, another black teenager murdered is a good thing?
CatholicPatriot

Lodi, CA

#67898 Jul 14, 2013
Oh Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, the gigger had the phone in his pocket and was using a Blue tooth adapter to talk hands free, dumbazz MF.
The first step was to force you to admit he was talking on the phone at the time that he evidently "laid in wait" for Zimmerman.

Anyone laying in wait to ambush someone isn't going to be talking on the phone. He would have been quiet and turned the phone off, but the police are defending their lack of an attempt to notify next of kin by claiming the cell phone needed to be recharged.

Lot's of things don't add up with Zimmerman's story. but I'm glad you are finally admitting he was talking on the phone rather than lying in wait.
Jim Beam

Charlotte, NC

#67899 Jul 14, 2013
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha . good job by the jury and screw all you haters
CatholicPatriot

Lodi, CA

#67901 Jul 14, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again dimwit you display your ignorance. Zimmerman was not performing his duties as neighborhood watch. Legally Martin was a suspicious person. He appeared to be intoxicated and the toxicology report proves that. Public intoxication is a crime. Also there had been numerous burglaries in the gated community and the suspects matched the description of Martin whom was unknown by Zimmerman. Glad I could once again clear up the legalities for you. Any more questions I will be glad to educate you.
Every description matched Martin because all black men look alike, right?

How many times did Zimmerman call in drunk white neighbors as suspicious activity. Police would laugh at him if he did. Then arrest him for the false call.

A law enforcement officer did not have enough for probable cause search of Martin. Neither did Zimmerman have probable cause.
wotnogwavy

Taralga, Australia

#67903 Jul 14, 2013
CatholicPatriot wrote:
<quoted text>
I have an advantage. I was a cop and an investigator, and I am a scientist and a legal philosopher.
Best laugh I've had all week.

Funny thing about the internet, you can choose to be anything your imagination desires.

A cop and an investigator you say?
Have another look at what you wrote, your reporting writing skills must have been atrocious, to the point of being a legal liability sir.
CatholicPatriot

Lodi, CA

#67904 Jul 14, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. Sweeping the floors and washing cars at the police station as part of your community service doesn't make a person an expert in the field.
Read the guidelines for when a class "G" licensed security officer may use his firearm. Then, recall that he is regarded as a private citizen with a security license.

Look up the definition of excessive force in a law dictionary. It isn't too hard. Don't you read books?

Never been arrested.

Member of the American Legion.
Womba

Stillwater, OK

#67905 Jul 14, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
Attention hunters!
White racists are in season. This thread is the mother lode.
What is it, Wolfie? The full moon isn’t due for another week!
“Leftists feel that racism means any uncomfortable facts spoken by a conservative.”--Andrew Klavan
Pompano Jack

Niceville, FL

#67908 Jul 14, 2013
CatholicPatriot wrote:
<quoted text>
I have an advantage. I was a cop and an investigator, and I am a scientist and a legal philosopher.
Why'd you leave off your tours of duty as a Navy Seal and all the Olympic Medals? Mighty high qualifications for someone who, a couple hours ago, thought this was a Stand Your Ground case about a guy who called 911 about another guy carrying skittles and "iced tea". The average human worries about having all the details straight and still maybe missing the truth. But you....you get to "the truth" without any accurate details at all. I'm in awe.
CatholicPatriot

Lodi, CA

#67909 Jul 14, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Please don't confuse yourself with a good detective that would be an insult to them. Martin wasn't dying yet. The witness saw Martin beating Zimmerman. The gunshot came afterwards.
That's what the witness alleges. I don't believe him.

Of course, the witness may have been too far away to help yet, or the witness may have been a coward.

If he was too far away, it was dark out; visibility was less than 10 feet even Zimmerman's supporters have admitted that. What could he have seen?

The odd part is that if Zimmerman had stabbed him, he wouldn't have had all these defenders. It is only because a gun was involved that the gun advocates have rallied to Zimmerman's defense.
Ronald

Bellflower, CA

#67911 Jul 14, 2013
CatholicPatriot wrote:
<quoted text>
They certainly aren't experts. Apparently, neither were the investigators for the prosecution.
You really don't get it do you?
Now many crime watch volunteers are going to be armed even though they were instructed by the local police or sheriff's office to leave their firearms at home, and emboldened by the fact that they are "packing heat" they will be looking for fights.
That does not make the streets safer, it makes them extremely volatile.
The right verdict was guilty, but like a complete bonehead the prosecutor didn't think to call in law enforcement personnel from across the state to establish that crime watch personnel are not protected by the concealed weapons permit in any jurisdiction in Florida.
Establishing that Zimmerman was not authorized to be carrying a firearm as a crime watch captain because he did not carry the proper license to do so, and establishing that it was a felony for him to be carrying a concealed weapon while doing so was the first step to getting a conviction.
Zimmerman clearly broke the law just by carrying his firearm and acting in a crime watch capacity while doing so.
He may still be prosecuted for that under state law.
CatholicPatriot.

As long as you are acting to stir up the passions of the simple - but violence orientated - Africans, perhaps you should get the facts straight. George was on his way to the grocery store when he noticed a person who was unknown to him walking about his neighborhood, a neighborhood that had been victim of numerous burglaries of recent. George then stopped his automobile and called the cops, requesting they check out the unknown person. He did not arm himself for the purpose of going out to attend to his neighborhood watch duties, although had he, it would have not been a wrongful act on his part.

Ronald
Ralph

Coleman, MI

#67912 Jul 14, 2013
CatholicPatriot wrote:
<quoted text>
And Marine Corp Pat is a real Marine too. Bwa ha ha ha ha.....
CatholicPatriot

Lodi, CA

#67913 Jul 14, 2013
wotnogwavy wrote:
<quoted text>
Best laugh I've had all week.
Funny thing about the internet, you can choose to be anything your imagination desires.
A cop and an investigator you say?
Have another look at what you wrote, your reporting writing skills must have been atrocious, to the point of being a legal liability sir.
Navy law enforcement officer. Private detective.

I have to write down to your level and ability to comprehend.
wotnogwavy

Taralga, Australia

#67914 Jul 14, 2013
CatholicPatriot wrote:
<quoted text>
So in your eyes, another black teenager murdered is a good thing?
So in your eyes sending a 'nearly white' suspect to prison because of his ethnicity is a better option then abiding by the legal processes that took place?

Obviously the Jury, who were actually there to way up the options and evidence, disagree with you.
Amongst the Jury there was apparently NON WHITE jurors although from the outset I thought regardless of the evidence, the race card would be played successfully.
It would have been more politically correct and safe to do so, considering the primitive reactions when outcomes are opposed to that philosophy.

If Zimmerman murdered Mr Martin in cold blood he would have deserved what was coming. However, the evidence (that the Jury deliberated over) suggests, Trayvon was in the process of administering a sustained beating and was shot in defense.

Since: Apr 12

Truth's Door

#67915 Jul 14, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
What's in that report is all that Zimmerman ever did.
You can believe that utter LIE if you want to.

All that's in that report is the criminal things he was caught and brought before a court for. The idiots and racists are good for digging up Trayvon's social media and presenting it as a crime, when in fact he has no criminal record.

The fact is the Creepy Captain does indeed have a criminal record and the idiots and racists gloss over his social media bits where he brags about assaulting Mexicans on sidewalks or pals taking the heat for him or his run-in with his "ho".

Or his assaults on others while working as a wanna be security officer. Or his road rage.

The Creepy Captain gets creepier by the hour.

Enjoy your new-found so-called "freedom," Creepy Captain Zimmermurderer. It's only a matter of time before True Justice catches up to you and ALL the other convicted and non-convicted murderers of children.

The Arc of Justice of the Universe will not stand and allow your evil ass to go unpunished for such a heinous and evil crime. The Arc of Justice predates the existence of man and metes out True Justice throughout the Universe.

That means your wide girth can hide neither on Pluto nor Jupiter. Wherever you go Creepy Killer, True Justice is looking over your shoulders. You're going to need more than "pro bono" O'Mara or a friendly jury to protect you.

What you're going to need is the mercy of The Lord.

And here is what The Lord has to say about you, Creepy Zimmermurderer...

"And whosoever shall offend one of these little ones that believe in me, it is better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he were cast into the sea." (Mark 9:42).

Furthermore, He says this about you, you Creep...

These six things doth the Lord hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him: A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood..." (Proverbs 6:16-17).

Wow, that's you, all rolled up into one, Creepy Captain Zimmermurderer! Good luck with that mercy.
zazz

United States

#67916 Jul 14, 2013
CatholicPatriot wrote:
<quoted text>
The temperature of the Gulf of Mexico is cooler in the winter. During the fall it still tends to be warm enough to provide higher humidity than in the winter and spring. In the spring, before the Gulf of Mexico warms up to summer (and Florida resident swimming weather; although we do watch Northerners go swimming in it when we regard it as too cold) temperatures, it is not too humid.(by the standards of residents anyway)
You can't tell him anything. He is unteachable. Don't confuse him with facts of any kind.

You don't know him because he's such a chicken he posts under dozens of names at the same time. He's had hundreds of names and thousands of deleted posts. He thinks people don't know he lives on Topix.

Boy are you right about the Northerners swimming. They will be swimming while I'm in a jacket. On cold days they go out and about wearing shorts and sandals. We natives always get a good laugh.
wotnogwavy

Taralga, Australia

#67919 Jul 14, 2013
Buffalo Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
The legal philosopher really cracked me up...lol.
It's so.......Roman!
ROFLMFAO!
ROFLMFAO indeed! Crack out that Roman toga for the man I say!!

Jaysus... any credibility he had is now GONE!

I'm just disappointed because I was going to say that I was an astronaut, engineer and a neurosurgeon...but somebody already quoted the first two.
zazz

United States

#67920 Jul 14, 2013
Does anyone remember what crime Zimmerman bragged about committing and his fellow gansta, his Bro served a year for and didn't rat him out?

I'll bet he won't be getting by with breaking any laws now. If his daddy interferes the news media will be all over it.

What would be really, really funny is if Zimmerman really finds himself in a life threatening situation. He won't get by with another murder or even another "self defense", even one that is truly warranted.
CatholicPatriot

Lodi, CA

#67921 Jul 14, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
More BS from you.
Nobody can tell a CCW holder where or where they cannot carry a firearm unless it's already written into law, or an establishment forbids the carrying of a firearm in their place of business if such a law allows businesses to do so.
So what I want you to show me is a Florida law that restricts CCW holders...... on block watch, from carrying their firearm; especially in a private development where they have no authority.
You are wrong. They can't carry their firearm on them while they are on watch as a licensed class "D" security officer because it is a felony. Likewise, it is a felony to be patrolling a neighborhood with a firearm on them as a member of a crime watch patrol because then they are impersonating a class "G" licensed security officer and if the weapon is concealed at the time then it is an additional crime.

Remember, I held security officer license and private detective license in Florida which means I graduated the classes required to hold the licenses.

The state didn't bring in the right witnesses.
Truth

Rome, GA

#67922 Jul 14, 2013
Ronald wrote:
<quoted text>Truth.

Are you saying there is no commonality of interests that concern those of the African race? If that be true, why do they spend so much time organizing to promote and to advance those interests?

Incidentally, Jessie Jackson did not originate the term "African" as a means to identify those of the African race. Even Lincoln used the term, and it was in existence long before that. True, today that term is is not politically correct. This is because the politicians are trying to blur the identification of race when it is applied to the Africans. The reason is because the politicians are using that tactic - among others - to promote the interests and the well-being of the Africans at the expense of the interests and the well-being of the non-African "Hispanic" and Anglo White people.

Ronald
I said African American.
wotnogwavy

Taralga, Australia

#67924 Jul 14, 2013
CatholicPatriot wrote:
<quoted text>
Navy law enforcement officer. Private detective.
I have to write down to your level and ability to comprehend.
:-) Private detective as well.......WOWEEEEEEEEEEEEE, that's one hell of an ever expanding resume you have there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News True crime isn't as true in its depiction of fe... 6 hr Tex- 1
News Angela-Chanselor neighborhood in Pomona sees re... (Apr '13) 7 hr olevas 27
News Man with knife shot by school police near Westl... 13 hr Marcavage s Emission 1
News No new trial for Caius Veiovis in triple murder... Fri Cops are Degenerates 9
News Stanley Dishon expected to take plea deal in co... (Jan '15) Thu nope 20
News Nye Co. teen held in rifle slaying of girl (Jun '06) Thu HIT IT 113
News Prosecutor's racial remarks during trial at issue (Jun '12) Jul 20 Benny Ganso 9
More from around the web