Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks ...

Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

There are 66308 comments on the Wall Street Journal story from Mar 22, 2012, titled Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media. In it, Wall Street Journal reports that:

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wall Street Journal.

Truth

Rome, GA

#67793 Jul 14, 2013
CatholicPatriot wrote:
<quoted text>Your head is so far up, it won't do any good to try and pull it out.
There was no proof dimwit.
CatholicPatriot

Lodi, CA

#67794 Jul 14, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Sweeping floors doesn't count.
If you knew anything about law enforcement, you would know the guidelines of a CCW holder. You would know when they are allowed to use their weapon and when they are not.
They are not permitted to use excessive force. Just like Florida law enforcement officers, private detectives, repossession agents, and licensed security officers. Indeed, when they are acting as neighborhood watch personnel, they are required to keep their distance. Neighborhood watch personnel have less authority than licensed security officers, and in Florida licensed security officers have very limited powers.

In Florida, you may be stopped and arrested for following an unknown minor in a motorized vehicle. Wouldn't be the first time.
Buffalo Bill

London, UK

#67795 Jul 14, 2013
CatholicPatriot wrote:
<quoted text>
Grow up.
Interesting that Zimmerman claimed he was being choked at one point but we haven't ever seen any bruising on his throat.
He backed off on the claim he was being choked though. Better to claim his head was being pounded on the side walk.
Personally, I think those defending Zimmerman are full of hot air.
I think you got a bladder full of hot air!

Have your fat wife pounce on it then let me know what it sounds like.

I can call a friend who once studied to be a vetrinarian.

Let me know!

Since: Apr 12

Truth's Door

#67797 Jul 14, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Then allow me to post it:
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/03/27/10...
That's a good start. But I was also talking about all his other misdeeds, even the ones he bragged about.

His social media will bring it into focus for you.

Check it out. Let google be your pal.
Ronald

Bellflower, CA

#67798 Jul 14, 2013
Kkk wrote:
<quoted text>
That's good to know. I heard attorneys on CNN explaining this and it did make sense to me. I have no choice but to believe that the prosecution wasn't able to prove reasonable doubt which I also truly understand. There is no proof that GZ wasn't defending himself. I just don't understand why it's ok that he followed T. Martin instead of letting the police handle the situation. Isn't it reasonable to think that T. Martin was also standing his ground? I'm not convinced that he intentionally attacked GZ. I do believe that GZ intentionally followed T. Martin against the advice of the 911 operator/dispatcher and in so doing took matters into his own hands. He wouldn't have had to defend himself if he had never confronted T. Martin.
Kkk.

Yes. I agree. Phonies who masquerade as "KKK's" have no "evidence" to show that George ever "followed" the deceased Thug who attacked him, and even if he had, George would have been entirely within his rights had he done so.

Ronald
Truth

Rome, GA

#67799 Jul 14, 2013
CatholicPatriot wrote:
<quoted text>Your head is so far up, it won't do any good to try and pull it out.
Don't be upset because I made you look like a fool. You brought that upon yourself. You came on here not knowing the facts of the case and what was testified to in court. You claimed to be an expert in something you lack education in and was made to look a fool. Take a good look at the mirror and you will see where the problem is. Just be thankful for the education I gave you for free.
CatholicPatriot

Lodi, CA

#67801 Jul 14, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
A professional doesn't assume he has proof. Being you are definitely not even close to being a professional I will overlook your ignorance on the matter. There is no evidence that Zimmerman started made the initial physical contact dimwit. Martin had no injuries to his face or torn clothing suggesting he had been assaulted. Zimmerman had all the evidence indicating he was the victim of the assault. You're also no expert when it comes to trajectory. Maybe that is why you weren't called to be an expert at trial.
Actually, there is. Martin was on the phone when Zimmerman grabbed him. Martin wasn't anticipating a fight. A male anticipating a fight does not continue to hold a cell phone in his hand. A male preparing to start a fight wants both hands free.

Zimmerman used a gun in a fist fight. That is excessive force. He should have just waited for help which apparently was already there and didn't see the need to intervene on Zimmerman's behalf.

Zimmerman's favorable witness completely discredits Zimmerman's claim. His own inaction speaks to how dangerous the situation was for Zimmerman. His presence undermines Zimmerman's claim that he had to pull the trigger or be killed.

At this point, I would pick up the witness for perjury and then go from there.
Truth

Rome, GA

#67802 Jul 14, 2013
Buffalo Bill wrote:
<quoted text>Go choke yourself!
He wouldn't know how but he would claim to be an expert at it. LOL.
Truth

Rome, GA

#67803 Jul 14, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>Sweeping floors doesn't count.

If you knew anything about law enforcement, you would know the guidelines of a CCW holder. You would know when they are allowed to use their weapon and when they are not.
I agree. Sweeping the floors and washing cars at the police station as part of your community service doesn't make a person an expert in the field.
Kkk

Burnt Hills, NY

#67806 Jul 14, 2013
Buffalo Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
Did I say that?
I said "Africans" were "enwords."
Any questions?
You seem to think the black community are Africans and that is truly ignorant. A black person born in America is an American. Do you have any questions? All black people are each individuals also. Every black person isn't the same. If you believe they are again you are very ignorant. It's not sensible to say all black people are one way. You don't know every black person is evil. A true statement may be some black people are evil or based on your experiences with black people they are no good. If you have met every black person and each one had done something wrong then what you say is true. You haven't met every black person and you are telling lies. Shame on you. You are much more of a monster with your lethal tongue than any black person I have met along with all of the other prejudiced people on this site.
Truth

Rome, GA

#67808 Jul 14, 2013
CatholicPatriot wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, there is. Martin was on the phone when Zimmerman grabbed him. Martin wasn't anticipating a fight. A male anticipating a fight does not continue to hold a cell phone in his hand. A male preparing to start a fight wants both hands free.

Zimmerman used a gun in a fist fight. That is excessive force. He should have just waited for help which apparently was already there and didn't see the need to intervene on Zimmerman's behalf.

Zimmerman's favorable witness completely discredits Zimmerman's claim. His own inaction speaks to how dangerous the situation was for Zimmerman. His presence undermines Zimmerman's claim that he had to pull the trigger or be killed.

At this point, I would pick up the witness for perjury and then go from there.
So Martin was on the phone. Sure right. So Martin testified to this or are you going by the witness statement from the fat girl that was caught lying numerous times. It was not a fist fight. It was an attack by Martin and he tried bashing his brains out on the sidewalk. If he waited he could be dead. Thanks for pointing out that help was there but they didn't act. All the more reason for self defense. The witness you say was there heard Zimmerman screaming and saw Martin on top MMA style. You just helped prove the case if self defense even more. You should have testified for the defense. LOL.
Truth

Rome, GA

#67809 Jul 14, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>What evidence is that?????
There is no evidence. Just his expert assumptions. LOL.
CatholicPatriot

Lodi, CA

#67812 Jul 14, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
No it's not. Where do you get that from?
The federal government has no authority over what goes on with local 911 calls. That's up to the local police departments. Furthermore, that neighborhood watch program was in concert with the Sanford Police department. ALL police departments instruct people to call them first even at the slightest hint of something being wrong or out of order. I'd bet a months paycheck that's exactly what they told Zimmerman and anybody else who participated in the watch.
Which represents misuse of police power under Federal civil rights law.

In Florida, we train neighborhood watch personnel to observe from a safe distance and not engage the suspect.

Legally, Martin didn't qualify as a person acting suspiciously. walking while black is not suspicious activity. Walking while wearing a sweatshirt with the hood covering your head to keep the rain off or the cold off is not suspicious activity. It is normal behavior in Florida. Carrying a bottle of tea and skittles is not suspicious activity. Talking to your girlfriend on a cell phone is not suspicious activity.

In Florida, we train neighborhood watch personnel including neighborhood watch captains that they are not allowed to carry a firearm without a class "G" security officer license and that if they are carrying a firearm with a class "G" security officer license the firearm must be visible at all times and they must be prepared to show their class "G" security officer license to the police, sheriff, state trooper, or Federal Law enforcement officer upon request. Only exceptions are off duty law enforcement officers.

That is standard training in Florida.

It is very dangerous precedent to allow Zimmerman to go free.

Now every idiot will volunteer and every idiot will be carrying concealed weapons. The jury just created a big problem for the Florida law enforcement community and the PD there helped.
Kkk

Burnt Hills, NY

#67813 Jul 14, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing evil about protecting yourself from a violent animal. Not to mention perfectly legal as well.
Nothing illegal about running away from an animal chasing you either. GZ said on the 911 tape that T. Martin was running and the operator said are you following him and indeed he was and he was told not to. It's perfectly legal to run from strangers. I instruct my son not to talk to strangers and run if approached by a stranger.
CatholicPatriot

Lodi, CA

#67816 Jul 14, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
So Martin was on the phone. Sure right. So Martin testified to this or are you going by the witness statement from the fat girl that was caught lying numerous times. It was not a fist fight. It was an attack by Martin and he tried bashing his brains out on the sidewalk. If he waited he could be dead. Thanks for pointing out that help was there but they didn't act. All the more reason for self defense. The witness you say was there heard Zimmerman screaming and saw Martin on top MMA style. You just helped prove the case if self defense even more. You should have testified for the defense. LOL.
I don't believe one word the witness said. I only believe he was there and didn't see the need to help Zimmerman so either Martin was already dying, Martin was underneath, or Martin wasn't beating up Zimmerman as the witness claimed, or the threat to Zimmerman was not great enough to force his intervention nor to justify shooting Martin.

A good detective is skeptical of what every witness claims.
Toby

Vancouver, WA

#67817 Jul 14, 2013
People Zimmerman was found not guilty, get over it and move on. In the next year there will be another 5,000 blacks killed by other blacks in America while you obsess about one black death under questionable circumstances, you are a freaking pretense, a joke , move on, race baiters.
CatholicPatriot

Lodi, CA

#67818 Jul 14, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, Zimmerman was not on neighborhood watch. He was heading to the store to do some shopping when he spotted Martin.
Secondly, you are wrong. You ARE allowed to use excessive force. The law states a CCW holder is legally allowed to use their firearm if they believe they or others are in jeopardy of serious bodily harm or death.
It's dark and rainy. Zimmerman is attacked. He doesn't know this person in any way or form, nor does he know his intentions. After suffering several injuries, this thug attempts to take his gun away from Zimmerman.
You can bet your last dime that's reason for GZ to believe he was in jeopardy of serious bodily harm or death. Obviously, that's what the jury found as well.
Excessive force is defined as force which exceeds the force necessary to prevent harm to yourself or others. A gun in a fist fight is generally regarded and prosecuted as excessive force. See over a hundred years of Florida and other State's case laws for examples.
Kkk

Burnt Hills, NY

#67820 Jul 14, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, Zimmerman was not on neighborhood watch. He was heading to the store to do some shopping when he spotted Martin.
Secondly, you are wrong. You ARE allowed to use excessive force. The law states a CCW holder is legally allowed to use their firearm if they believe they or others are in jeopardy of serious bodily harm or death.
It's dark and rainy. Zimmerman is attacked. He doesn't know this person in any way or form, nor does he know his intentions. After suffering several injuries, this thug attempts to take his gun away from Zimmerman.
You can bet your last dime that's reason for GZ to believe he was in jeopardy of serious bodily harm or death. Obviously, that's what the jury found as well.
The woman beater and nut job that resisted arrest in the past, GZ, should have never confronted T. Martin. In fact he was told not to follow T. Martin. He brought getting beat up on himself because he wanted to take matters into his own hands. He bit off more than he could chew and got beat up in T. Martin's effort to stand his ground against a stalker.
Truth

Rome, GA

#67821 Jul 14, 2013
CatholicPatriot wrote:
<quoted text>Which represents misuse of police power under Federal civil rights law.

In Florida, we train neighborhood watch personnel to observe from a safe distance and not engage the suspect.

Legally, Martin didn't qualify as a person acting suspiciously. walking while black is not suspicious activity. Walking while wearing a sweatshirt with the hood covering your head to keep the rain off or the cold off is not suspicious activity. It is normal behavior in Florida. Carrying a bottle of tea and skittles is not suspicious activity. Talking to your girlfriend on a cell phone is not suspicious activity.

In Florida, we train neighborhood watch personnel including neighborhood watch captains that they are not allowed to carry a firearm without a class "G" security officer license and that if they are carrying a firearm with a class "G" security officer license the firearm must be visible at all times and they must be prepared to show their class "G" security officer license to the police, sheriff, state trooper, or Federal Law enforcement officer upon request. Only exceptions are off duty law enforcement officers.

That is standard training in Florida.

It is very dangerous precedent to allow Zimmerman to go free.

Now every idiot will volunteer and every idiot will be carrying concealed weapons. The jury just created a big problem for the Florida law enforcement community and the PD there helped.
Once again dimwit you display your ignorance. Zimmerman was not performing his duties as neighborhood watch. Legally Martin was a suspicious person. He appeared to be intoxicated and the toxicology report proves that. Public intoxication is a crime. Also there had been numerous burglaries in the gated community and the suspects matched the description of Martin whom was unknown by Zimmerman. Glad I could once again clear up the legalities for you. Any more questions I will be glad to educate you.
CatholicPatriot

Lodi, CA

#67822 Jul 14, 2013
Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
They did and now you have your depends in a bunch about it.
When you thought there would be a conviction you had a lot of faith in the jury system, what has happened to change all of that?
As I told you, at the time, the judge disallowed the defense motion to dismiss after the prosecution because of pressure from the feds and the fear of riots. She, as did most non bias legal professionals, knew that the prosecution did not supply one witness that could dispute Zimmerman's version of the story. Another thing I told you at the time was the burden of proof was on the prosecution and not the defense. Remember the innocent until proven guilty backbone of our legal system?
I was hoping for the right outcome, but knowing Florida's juries, I wasn't expecting the right outcome.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Woman from Pa. murdered in Florida; 'bloody' bo... 11 hr getitright 2
News In 6 years, 53 blacks shot 22 hr kennie23 38
News Suspect jailed in fatal shooting of 8-year-old ... 22 hr Bobbie N 1
News Cadiz native dead after Murray shooting (Jul '12) Sun UTfan4ever 74
News Gang member testifies against former gang mento... (Mar '10) Sun The smart one out... 22
News Decay Arraigned on Two Counts of Capital Murder (May '07) Sat Onlygodcanjudge 181
News Tattoo shop murder suspects indicted (May '08) Mar 25 Wise22 72
More from around the web