Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

Mar 22, 2012 Full story: Wall Street Journal 66,342

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Full Story
CatholicPatriot

Lodi, CA

#67755 Jul 14, 2013
Buffalo Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, let's see now, not too humid?
Not very humid?
You never lived in Florida you lying sack of sh!t!
Where'd you look that up at?
Listen up!...Pat attention!
2 seasons: Summer / Not summer.
You're just another liberal numbnut agitator who voted for Obama and can't wait to see Zimmerman persecuted further by his corrupt Justice department.
Well Zimmerman's gonna come out ahead.
You are always gonna be a numbnut.
Keep on scratchin'.
The temperature of the Gulf of Mexico is cooler in the winter. During the fall it still tends to be warm enough to provide higher humidity than in the winter and spring. In the spring, before the Gulf of Mexico warms up to summer (and Florida resident swimming weather; although we do watch Northerners go swimming in it when we regard it as too cold) temperatures, it is not too humid.(by the standards of residents anyway)
Chalice

United States

#67756 Jul 14, 2013
The prosecution sure didn't include the lighter that was in the thug's pocket contents in their closing argument. De La Rionda, in his weepy voice, let the world know how much money there was (down to the penny) and showed his Skittles. But nothing about the lighter. Hum....they could have spun that into their "make believe" description. Maybe it would have sounded something like this....Here is the lighter this 17 year old INNOCENT CHILD carried in his pocket. He used it to light the candles in church.... It would have been about as far fetched as the rest of crap they used to describe the thug and his worthless family.
Buffalo Bill

London, UK

#67757 Jul 14, 2013
Kkk wrote:
<quoted text>
Define "African Community"
"enwords"
buckwheat

Tulsa, OK

#67758 Jul 14, 2013
Kkk wrote:
<quoted text>
Define "African Community"
Tanzania?
Kkk

Danielson, CT

#67759 Jul 14, 2013
CatholicPatriot wrote:
<quoted text>
The verdict was not guilty. That doesn't mean he wasn't guilty, it just means he got away with it; so far.
A not guilty verdict doesn't really mean you are innocent; it just means you are not going to jail, and it may mean, as is often the case in Florida, the jurors were idiots.
That's good to know. I heard attorneys on CNN explaining this and it did make sense to me. I have no choice but to believe that the prosecution wasn't able to prove reasonable doubt which I also truly understand. There is no proof that GZ wasn't defending himself. I just don't understand why it's ok that he followed T. Martin instead of letting the police handle the situation. Isn't it reasonable to think that T. Martin was also standing his ground? I'm not convinced that he intentionally attacked GZ. I do believe that GZ intentionally followed T. Martin against the advice of the 911 operator/dispatcher and in so doing took matters into his own hands. He wouldn't have had to defend himself if he had never confronted T. Martin.
CatholicPatriot

Lodi, CA

#67760 Jul 14, 2013
Buffalo Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, let's see now, not too humid?
Not very humid?
You never lived in Florida you lying sack of sh!t!
Where'd you look that up at?
Listen up!...Pat attention!
2 seasons: Summer / Not summer.
You're just another liberal numbnut agitator who voted for Obama and can't wait to see Zimmerman persecuted further by his corrupt Justice department.
Well Zimmerman's gonna come out ahead.
You are always gonna be a numbnut.
Keep on scratchin'.
I have never voted for Obama or Clintons nor Gore.

Voted for Reagan, Bush Sr (2 times), Bob Dole, Bush Jr (2 times), and Romney. I am a Reagan Democrat. Now, I tend more toward independent.

What gun control opponents don't understand is that the not guilty for Zimmerman hurts them. They are too hard headed to see how this verdict will be used by gun control advocates.

Reid is already trying to use it to gun control advocates advantage.

It isn't the guns. It is the nitwits that control the state legislature.

Repeal stand your ground. It was stupid and unnecessary to begin with.
Buffalo Bill

London, UK

#67762 Jul 14, 2013
CatholicPatriot wrote:
<quoted text>
The temperature of the Gulf of Mexico is cooler in the winter. During the fall it still tends to be warm enough to provide higher humidity than in the winter and spring. In the spring, before the Gulf of Mexico warms up to summer (and Florida resident swimming weather; although we do watch Northerners go swimming in it when we regard it as too cold) temperatures, it is not too humid.(by the standards of residents anyway)
LOL!...we know who the tourists are.

Spend a lot of money in Florida.

Numbnut!
Truth

Rome, GA

#67764 Jul 14, 2013
CatholicPatriot wrote:
<quoted text>Four seasons in Florida.

Summer: hot and extremely humid.
Fall: cooler but still humid.
Winter: A few freezing nights and colder than fall and spring; not too humid.
Spring: cooler like fall, but not very humid like winter.

Very good comprehension of law; very good comprehension of Florida juries that's why I was expecting a dumb decision; very good comprehension of corruption and laziness within law enforcement community; very good comprehension of the lack of competence within the legal community itself. Aware too, that lack of competence within the legal community is the result of the ACLU's control of too many law schools.
Yawn.
Truth

Rome, GA

#67765 Jul 14, 2013
Kkk wrote:
<quoted text>Not really. The evil party was proven not guilty.
The evil party wasn't tried in this case. He failed to appear.
Kkk

Danielson, CT

#67767 Jul 14, 2013
Buffalo Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
"enwords"
So then a person born in the United States of America isn't an American?
Truth

Rome, GA

#67769 Jul 14, 2013
CatholicPatriot wrote:
<quoted text>Clearly, Zimmerman started with a false call to 911. That in itself is prosecutable in Florida as in most jurisdictions and that's where the prosecutor should have started with a charge of making a false call to 911.

It is not double jeopardy for the prosecution to arrest him on that charge.
He called about a suspicious person appearing to be under the influence. What did the toxicology report say? Once again there is no case. Wow you are ignorant.
CatholicPatriot

Lodi, CA

#67770 Jul 14, 2013
Womba wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh. A six-foot 17-year-old "child".
Tired of this stupid spin.
Let's assume for the sake of argument he did throw the first punch.

Was that a mature decision?

Adults must expect 17 year olds to make immature decisions.

However, the evidence suggests Zimmerman made the initial physical contact. If so, then guilty is the proper verdict.

You may not start a fight, and then claim self defense when you shoot because you are losing.

To me the evidence points to Zimmerman and his allied witness lying about the position of the two when the shot was fired.

Zimmerman would have needed enough separation between the two to pull off a ninty degree shot straight thru the heart.
If I Had A Son

Campbellsville, KY

#67772 Jul 14, 2013
The glaring reality hitting the jury right in their faces was the testimony of the "that's really retarded, sir" fatty. Her testimony established that Trayvon RAN to confront Zimmerman and was out of breath. He did not update Rachel on his location and the map proved either he was lying to her to conceal his intentional assault on Z, or she was lying to support a lawyer team interested in only one thing... money.

http://theconservativetreehouse.com/2013/07/1...

Scroll back to the top...
Buffalo Bill

London, UK

#67773 Jul 14, 2013
CatholicPatriot wrote:
<quoted text>

It isn't the guns. It is the nitwits that control the state legislature.

Repeal stand your ground. It was stupid and unnecessary to begin with.
Go choke yourself!
Truth

Rome, GA

#67774 Jul 14, 2013
Buy American or Drop Dead wrote:
<quoted text>One ignorant bigoted redneck to another. Give me regards to your sister/wife/cousin.
Not guilty.
CatholicPatriot

Lodi, CA

#67776 Jul 14, 2013
Buffalo Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!...we know who the tourists are.
Spend a lot of money in Florida.
Numbnut!
Own a home there. Lived there for thirty years.

You must be visiting Miami. It tends to stay warmer down there.
Buffalo Bill

London, UK

#67777 Jul 14, 2013
Kkk wrote:
<quoted text>
So then a person born in the United States of America isn't an American?
Did I say that?

I said "Africans" were "enwords."

Any questions?
Truth

Rome, GA

#67779 Jul 14, 2013
CatholicPatriot wrote:
<quoted text>The verdict was not guilty. That doesn't mean he wasn't guilty, it just means he got away with it; so far.

A not guilty verdict doesn't really mean you are innocent; it just means you are not going to jail, and it may mean, as is often the case in Florida, the jurors were idiots.
Jury made the right decision. The opinion of an idiot such as you is irrelevant to the case.
Pompano Jack

Niceville, FL

#67780 Jul 14, 2013
Kkk wrote:
<quoted text>
That's good to know. I heard attorneys on CNN explaining this and it did make sense to me. I have no choice but to believe that the prosecution wasn't able to prove reasonable doubt which I also truly understand. There is no proof that GZ wasn't defending himself. I just don't understand why it's ok that he followed T. Martin instead of letting the police handle the situation. Isn't it reasonable to think that T. Martin was also standing his ground? I'm not convinced that he intentionally attacked GZ. I do believe that GZ intentionally followed T. Martin against the advice of the 911 operator/dispatcher and in so doing took matters into his own hands. He wouldn't have had to defend himself if he had never confronted T. Martin.
It may not be "OK" that GZ followed him, depending on your point of view/opinion, but here's the fact....its not illegal. What would the crime be....felony watching? You think Martin unintentionally attacked GZ? You honestly believe GZ swung at him first? Grabbed him to put him on the ground? Well, could have happened...but its evidence and eye witnesses and forensics thaqt count and the court does the best they can do with the facts they have.
Truth

Rome, GA

#67781 Jul 14, 2013
Kkk wrote:
<quoted text>That's good to know. I heard attorneys on CNN explaining this and it did make sense to me. I have no choice but to believe that the prosecution wasn't able to prove reasonable doubt which I also truly understand. There is no proof that GZ wasn't defending himself. I just don't understand why it's ok that he followed T. Martin instead of letting the police handle the situation. Isn't it reasonable to think that T. Martin was also standing his ground? I'm not convinced that he intentionally attacked GZ. I do believe that GZ intentionally followed T. Martin against the advice of the 911 operator/dispatcher and in so doing took matters into his own hands. He wouldn't have had to defend himself if he had never confronted T. Martin.
There was no proof he continued or confronted Martin. Not guilty.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Video footage sought in Hillary trial 39 min retired_lovingit 85
Lawmaker claims illegal immigrants released by ... 40 min Dee Dee Dee 9
US considers banning type of popular rifle ammu... 1 hr foster 99
Two dead, two 'extremely critical' after nightc... 2 hr Jason 1
Erie man held for trial on charges in August ho... 8 hr Eileen Stallsmith 6
CATCH ME IF YOU CAN: Part 2 12 hr RonPrice 1
CATCH ME IF YOU CAN: Part 1 12 hr RonPrice 1
More from around the web