Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks ...

Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

There are 66323 comments on the Wall Street Journal story from Mar 22, 2012, titled Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media. In it, Wall Street Journal reports that:

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wall Street Journal.

Truth

Rome, GA

#67779 Jul 14, 2013
CatholicPatriot wrote:
<quoted text>The verdict was not guilty. That doesn't mean he wasn't guilty, it just means he got away with it; so far.

A not guilty verdict doesn't really mean you are innocent; it just means you are not going to jail, and it may mean, as is often the case in Florida, the jurors were idiots.
Jury made the right decision. The opinion of an idiot such as you is irrelevant to the case.
Pompano Jack

Niceville, FL

#67780 Jul 14, 2013
Kkk wrote:
<quoted text>
That's good to know. I heard attorneys on CNN explaining this and it did make sense to me. I have no choice but to believe that the prosecution wasn't able to prove reasonable doubt which I also truly understand. There is no proof that GZ wasn't defending himself. I just don't understand why it's ok that he followed T. Martin instead of letting the police handle the situation. Isn't it reasonable to think that T. Martin was also standing his ground? I'm not convinced that he intentionally attacked GZ. I do believe that GZ intentionally followed T. Martin against the advice of the 911 operator/dispatcher and in so doing took matters into his own hands. He wouldn't have had to defend himself if he had never confronted T. Martin.
It may not be "OK" that GZ followed him, depending on your point of view/opinion, but here's the fact....its not illegal. What would the crime be....felony watching? You think Martin unintentionally attacked GZ? You honestly believe GZ swung at him first? Grabbed him to put him on the ground? Well, could have happened...but its evidence and eye witnesses and forensics thaqt count and the court does the best they can do with the facts they have.
Truth

Rome, GA

#67781 Jul 14, 2013
Kkk wrote:
<quoted text>That's good to know. I heard attorneys on CNN explaining this and it did make sense to me. I have no choice but to believe that the prosecution wasn't able to prove reasonable doubt which I also truly understand. There is no proof that GZ wasn't defending himself. I just don't understand why it's ok that he followed T. Martin instead of letting the police handle the situation. Isn't it reasonable to think that T. Martin was also standing his ground? I'm not convinced that he intentionally attacked GZ. I do believe that GZ intentionally followed T. Martin against the advice of the 911 operator/dispatcher and in so doing took matters into his own hands. He wouldn't have had to defend himself if he had never confronted T. Martin.
There was no proof he continued or confronted Martin. Not guilty.
CatholicPatriot

Lodi, CA

#67782 Jul 14, 2013
Buffalo Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
Go choke yourself!
Grow up.

Interesting that Zimmerman claimed he was being choked at one point but we haven't ever seen any bruising on his throat.

He backed off on the claim he was being choked though. Better to claim his head was being pounded on the side walk.

Personally, I think those defending Zimmerman are full of hot air.
Buffalo Bill

London, UK

#67783 Jul 14, 2013
CatholicPatriot wrote:
<quoted text>

Own a home there. Lived there for thirty years.
Really!

Let me know when it's vacant!

I know some black folks who are looking for a place.

Section 8!...steady gubmint cash money!

Since: Apr 12

Truth's Door

#67784 Jul 14, 2013
Frank wrote:
Let’s review the facts. Trayvon was kicked out of school for fighting, vandalism, possession of drugs, and possession of burglary tools and suspicion of burglary. He had dozens of text messages on his cell phone bragging about fights he got into and kicking guy’s azzes. He had a photo on his cell phone of him posing with a handgun. There was marijuana in Trayvon’s system the night he attacked Zimmerman.
Trayvon claimed he was afraid when he saw Zimmerman following him. He told that girl on the phone that he was at his Daddy’s place. Trayvon did not go into his Dad’s place and lock the door. Trayvon did not call the police and report that a “creepy azz cracker” was following him. Instead, Trayvon went back to where the fight would happen, almost 100 yards away from his Daddy’s place. He confronted Zimmerman and then violently attacked him.
According to the eyewitness, Trayvon was on top of Zimmerman pounding him with punches. If you are beating the crap out of someone, why would you scream for help? It is clear that Zimmerman was the one screaming for help. Trayvon broke Zimmerman’s nose and slammed Zimmerman’s head into the concrete. Zimmerman, fearing for his life, pulled out his handgun and shot Trayvon and killed him.
Trayvon was 5’11”, 150lbs. Zimmerman at that time was 5’7”, 180lbs. Though Zimmerman had 30lbs on Trayvon, Trayvon had a height advantage over Zimmerman. Trayvon was a known fighter. His older brother even asked him to show him how to fight (Facebook post). Trayvon was also lean and muscular, Zimmerman fat and out of shape.
Like many young blacks today, Trayvon felt that any perceived racism gave him the right to violently attack and seriously injure anyone even if they posed no physical threat to them. I am tired of blacks justifying violence against any other race because they feel someone is a racist. I don’t care if Zimmerman called Trayvon names or accused him of being a criminal that did not give Trayvon the right to physically attack Zimmerman. The fact is if Zimmerman did not have that gun, Trayvon would have been arrested and charged as an adult for battery and possible attempted murder.
Trayvon should not be dead, but it was his violent reaction to Zimmerman set off a tragic chain of events that lead to Trayvon’s death.
Frank, you're NOT being frank!

How can Creepy Captain Zimmermurderer be 180 pounds one day, then the next day be over 200 pounds?

You started your post with a very good first sentence. Too bad you didn't adhere to it. The facts do NOT support you on many accusations you make in your rant.

Doc Lindzee,(the one that Creepy Zimmermurderer went to see) lists the child killer at 204 pounds the very day after his evil deed. She even testified to it. Did you miss it????

You're saying that the creep gained 24 pounds in a span of a few hours? It wouldn't surprise me if that's what you're saying, considering his girth now. But we both know better.

Not sure where you get your numbers from on either the victim Trayvon or the child killer, Creepy Zimmermurderer, but they're both incorrect.

Rewrite your post. Leave the first sentence intact and follow your own advice.

In any case, I don't look forward to reading the rewrite!
Truth

Rome, GA

#67785 Jul 14, 2013
CatholicPatriot wrote:
<quoted text>I have never voted for Obama or Clintons nor Gore.

Voted for Reagan, Bush Sr (2 times), Bob Dole, Bush Jr (2 times), and Romney. I am a Reagan Democrat. Now, I tend more toward independent.

What gun control opponents don't understand is that the not guilty for Zimmerman hurts them. They are too hard headed to see how this verdict will be used by gun control advocates.

Reid is already trying to use it to gun control advocates advantage.

It isn't the guns. It is the nitwits that control the state legislature.

Repeal stand your ground. It was stupid and unnecessary to begin with.
This case is not really about stand your ground. When you are attacked and having your head slammed to the concrete it is self defense. Seems most people understand that except you. Some professional you are. LOL. Maybe that is why there wasn't a SYG hearing dimwit.
CatholicPatriot

Lodi, CA

#67786 Jul 14, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
What false 911 call are you talking about? There was one call Zimmerman made and that was to their non-emergency line.
That's right. I forgot he was smart enough not to call 911. Must have been warned about that in the past.

However, he did call the non-emergency line which is sufficient for the Federal case.
CatholicPatriot

Lodi, CA

#67788 Jul 14, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
There was no proof he continued or confronted Martin. Not guilty.
Your head is so far up, it won't do any good to try and pull it out.
Truth

Rome, GA

#67790 Jul 14, 2013
CatholicPatriot wrote:
<quoted text>Let's assume for the sake of argument he did throw the first punch.

Was that a mature decision?

Adults must expect 17 year olds to make immature decisions.

However, the evidence suggests Zimmerman made the initial physical contact. If so, then guilty is the proper verdict.

You may not start a fight, and then claim self defense when you shoot because you are losing.

To me the evidence points to Zimmerman and his allied witness lying about the position of the two when the shot was fired.

Zimmerman would have needed enough separation between the two to pull off a ninty degree shot straight thru the heart.
A professional doesn't assume he has proof. Being you are definitely not even close to being a professional I will overlook your ignorance on the matter. There is no evidence that Zimmerman started made the initial physical contact dimwit. Martin had no injuries to his face or torn clothing suggesting he had been assaulted. Zimmerman had all the evidence indicating he was the victim of the assault. You're also no expert when it comes to trajectory. Maybe that is why you weren't called to be an expert at trial.
Buffalo Bill

London, UK

#67791 Jul 14, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>

Sweeping floors doesn't count.
If you knew anything about law enforcement, you would know the guidelines of a CCW holder. You would know when they are allowed to use their weapon and when they are not.
Give him a couple of minutes to google it.

I bet he sweeps good.

LOL!
Truth

Rome, GA

#67792 Jul 14, 2013
CatholicPatriot wrote:
<quoted text>That's right. I forgot he was smart enough not to call 911. Must have been warned about that in the past.

However, he did call the non-emergency line which is sufficient for the Federal case.
Insufficient evidence. Since you're not a professional in this field it's over your head.
Truth

Rome, GA

#67793 Jul 14, 2013
CatholicPatriot wrote:
<quoted text>Your head is so far up, it won't do any good to try and pull it out.
There was no proof dimwit.
CatholicPatriot

Lodi, CA

#67794 Jul 14, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Sweeping floors doesn't count.
If you knew anything about law enforcement, you would know the guidelines of a CCW holder. You would know when they are allowed to use their weapon and when they are not.
They are not permitted to use excessive force. Just like Florida law enforcement officers, private detectives, repossession agents, and licensed security officers. Indeed, when they are acting as neighborhood watch personnel, they are required to keep their distance. Neighborhood watch personnel have less authority than licensed security officers, and in Florida licensed security officers have very limited powers.

In Florida, you may be stopped and arrested for following an unknown minor in a motorized vehicle. Wouldn't be the first time.
Buffalo Bill

London, UK

#67795 Jul 14, 2013
CatholicPatriot wrote:
<quoted text>
Grow up.
Interesting that Zimmerman claimed he was being choked at one point but we haven't ever seen any bruising on his throat.
He backed off on the claim he was being choked though. Better to claim his head was being pounded on the side walk.
Personally, I think those defending Zimmerman are full of hot air.
I think you got a bladder full of hot air!

Have your fat wife pounce on it then let me know what it sounds like.

I can call a friend who once studied to be a vetrinarian.

Let me know!

Since: Apr 12

Truth's Door

#67797 Jul 14, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Then allow me to post it:
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/03/27/10...
That's a good start. But I was also talking about all his other misdeeds, even the ones he bragged about.

His social media will bring it into focus for you.

Check it out. Let google be your pal.
Ronald

Long Beach, CA

#67798 Jul 14, 2013
Kkk wrote:
<quoted text>
That's good to know. I heard attorneys on CNN explaining this and it did make sense to me. I have no choice but to believe that the prosecution wasn't able to prove reasonable doubt which I also truly understand. There is no proof that GZ wasn't defending himself. I just don't understand why it's ok that he followed T. Martin instead of letting the police handle the situation. Isn't it reasonable to think that T. Martin was also standing his ground? I'm not convinced that he intentionally attacked GZ. I do believe that GZ intentionally followed T. Martin against the advice of the 911 operator/dispatcher and in so doing took matters into his own hands. He wouldn't have had to defend himself if he had never confronted T. Martin.
Kkk.

Yes. I agree. Phonies who masquerade as "KKK's" have no "evidence" to show that George ever "followed" the deceased Thug who attacked him, and even if he had, George would have been entirely within his rights had he done so.

Ronald
Truth

Rome, GA

#67799 Jul 14, 2013
CatholicPatriot wrote:
<quoted text>Your head is so far up, it won't do any good to try and pull it out.
Don't be upset because I made you look like a fool. You brought that upon yourself. You came on here not knowing the facts of the case and what was testified to in court. You claimed to be an expert in something you lack education in and was made to look a fool. Take a good look at the mirror and you will see where the problem is. Just be thankful for the education I gave you for free.
CatholicPatriot

Lodi, CA

#67801 Jul 14, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
A professional doesn't assume he has proof. Being you are definitely not even close to being a professional I will overlook your ignorance on the matter. There is no evidence that Zimmerman started made the initial physical contact dimwit. Martin had no injuries to his face or torn clothing suggesting he had been assaulted. Zimmerman had all the evidence indicating he was the victim of the assault. You're also no expert when it comes to trajectory. Maybe that is why you weren't called to be an expert at trial.
Actually, there is. Martin was on the phone when Zimmerman grabbed him. Martin wasn't anticipating a fight. A male anticipating a fight does not continue to hold a cell phone in his hand. A male preparing to start a fight wants both hands free.

Zimmerman used a gun in a fist fight. That is excessive force. He should have just waited for help which apparently was already there and didn't see the need to intervene on Zimmerman's behalf.

Zimmerman's favorable witness completely discredits Zimmerman's claim. His own inaction speaks to how dangerous the situation was for Zimmerman. His presence undermines Zimmerman's claim that he had to pull the trigger or be killed.

At this point, I would pick up the witness for perjury and then go from there.
Truth

Rome, GA

#67802 Jul 14, 2013
Buffalo Bill wrote:
<quoted text>Go choke yourself!
He wouldn't know how but he would claim to be an expert at it. LOL.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News One dead, three wounded in East Oakland shootings 5 hr Westoakland 1
News Man shot in Delhi (May '14) 5 hr sunil 3
News Chief Keef Hologram Concert Shut Down By Police 16 hr Sterkfontein Swar... 1
News Weekend shooting toll in Chicago: 7 dead, 35 wo... Tue reality is a crutch 2
News Hillary Clinton praises response to church shoo... Tue MBKornblatt 1
News Becky Johnson Nance Mon cheryl pruitt 1
News Akron man sentenced for quadruple murder Mon Walkin boss 1
More from around the web