Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks ...

Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

There are 66318 comments on the Wall Street Journal story from Mar 22, 2012, titled Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media. In it, Wall Street Journal reports that:

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wall Street Journal.

Kkk

Burnt Hills, NY

#67333 Jul 14, 2013
Bob the Buckeye wrote:
<quoted text>
White, black, yellow, red, purple it does not matter. If you attack someone and they get the better of you then that is what happens. Most of the time getting bested will be a black eye or a busted nose, other times it will be worse. My father taught me two things that are applicable here: you want to act like a man, I will treat you like a man; you want a fair fight get in a boxing ring, if a man raises his hand to you he intends to harm you, harm him as quickly and viscously as possible first. As far as God goes, I don't think you should put words in Gods mouth, He will judge each of us, but I would be a bit scared of telling someone how he will judge them. That is his business and not yours.
I know God and as His child I speak what I know of my Father. I've been dealt with and continue to be dealt with and convicted when I do wrong and think wrong and live wrong. I wasn't judging I was speaking based on my own experience what is real. You judged what I was saying incorrectly. It's ok God knows my heart and I'm open to His correction. As for you don't come scolding me when you haven't fully understood me. I distinctly remember telling you I was done with you. I actually meant that. Is there a reason why you're addressing me? This post wasn't a reply to you? Are you that desperate for Me to hear you? Why is that? If you would like to converse further you will have to refrain from vulgar language.
Bob the Buckeye

Knoxville, TN

#67334 Jul 14, 2013
Kkk wrote:
<quoted text>
I know God and as His child I speak what I know of my Father. I've been dealt with and continue to be dealt with and convicted when I do wrong and think wrong and live wrong. I wasn't judging I was speaking based on my own experience what is real. You judged what I was saying incorrectly. It's ok God knows my heart and I'm open to His correction. As for you don't come scolding me when you haven't fully understood me. I distinctly remember telling you I was done with you. I actually meant that. Is there a reason why you're addressing me? This post wasn't a reply to you? Are you that desperate for Me to hear you? Why is that? If you would like to converse further you will have to refrain from vulgar language.
You eat boogers.
WayOnBase

Houston, TX

#67335 Jul 14, 2013
So now I guess this means that a black person can go start a fight with a cracker and then shoot him if he hits back and cry "self defense". I mean this can go both ways.
WayOnBase

Houston, TX

#67336 Jul 14, 2013
ONE QUESTION wrote:
In case you all aren't aware there are black kids killing each other on a daily bases in cities everywhere. It's not until a Latino Man shoots a black teenager that it gets media attention. You know why ? Because the media thought he was white and stirred up a hornets nest. HES LATINO!!!! NOT WHITE!!! Trayvon Martin's photos were from years ago. The media should be prosecuted and held accountable for their actions. Im sorry he is dead. But Trayvon, could have ran to a house and beat on a door and screamed someone is following me. He could have called 911 on his cell phone. He could of ran. He decided to attack Zimmerman. If Trayvon would have been bashing your head on the pavement what would you have done ??
Stupid question but typical. When blacks kill ANYBODY we get arrested, unlike Zimmerman. White men kill their wives everyday, but whites only got pissed about OJ so what does that say? And if Trayvon had knocked on someone's door do you honestly think they would have helped? Stop blaming the media and admit that Zimmerman had no right or business stalking a child.

And Zimmerman is half white just like Obama, so he's as much white as he is Hispanic. Why not claim him if you think he's so great?
Bob the Buckeye

Knoxville, TN

#67337 Jul 14, 2013
WayOnBase wrote:
So now I guess this means that a black person can go start a fight with a cracker and then shoot him if he hits back and cry "self defense". I mean this can go both ways.
Actually, you side already does alot of that type of behavior. We call it home invasion, mugging and car jacking. Glad I could help you out.
Kkk

Burnt Hills, NY

#67339 Jul 14, 2013
Bob the Buckeye wrote:
<quoted text>
With your kind it is only the poor black that has ever been mistreated. Rough life they have, yeah.
Mmm... Don't put words in my mouth. I believe that many groups have been mistreated. I didn't grow up under a rock and I love all of God's people. I also don't embrace lies. I rejoice in the truth. Mankind is imperfect. The human race mistreats the human race period. Sometimes it's blacks sometimes it's German's so on and so on. Who is without any offense to the other? T. Martin wasn't I innocent and GZ was found not guilty but still no one said he was found innocent. The jury didn't deliberate to find him innocent. At the end of their deliberation their conclusion was he wasn't guilty due to it not being proven beyond a reasonable doubt that he wasn't acting in self defense.
Kkk

Burnt Hills, NY

#67343 Jul 14, 2013
ONE QUESTION wrote:
In case you all aren't aware there are black kids killing each other on a daily bases in cities everywhere. It's not until a Latino Man shoots a black teenager that it gets media attention. You know why ? Because the media thought he was white and stirred up a hornets nest. HES LATINO!!!! NOT WHITE!!! Trayvon Martin's photos were from years ago. The media should be prosecuted and held accountable for their actions. Im sorry he is dead. But Trayvon, could have ran to a house and beat on a door and screamed someone is following me. He could have called 911 on his cell phone. He could of ran. He decided to attack Zimmerman. If Trayvon would have been bashing your head on the pavement what would you have done ??
GZ could have let the police handle the situation. You couldn't pay me money to approach a stranger like that. I would have been afraid truth be told. I live in a neighborhood with white senior citizens mostly. If I see anyone that doesn't belong and they are acting "suspicious" and they are bigger than me I'm not going up to them bottom line. I love my son and my husband and other family and friends too much to get myself hurt. Sorry.
Pro coon

Jacksonville, FL

#67348 Jul 14, 2013
Rock on trayvon....
Pro coon

Jacksonville, FL

#67349 Jul 14, 2013
The parents can write a book now. Sad that their sons death was the only thin they will ever have....both unemployed losers
In the know

Jacksonville, FL

#67350 Jul 14, 2013
Zimmerman in jail for over a year and trayvons parents are making the black church tour all the way to Tennessee. Money train is over.... Get a job.... Have no more thug kids
Patriot

Mexico

#67351 Jul 14, 2013
At least you live in a DECENT WHITE neighborhood. If everyone did there wouldn't be so much trouble with BLACKS roaming the area and it being necessary to constantly monitor their acyivity. That little gang banger thug had plenty time to go to the place he was "staying". Had he done so all Zimmerman could have done was alert the police as to his whereabouts but hell no that little punk methodically waited and jumped him in the dark. He also got what he deserved. A hot piece of lead. Zimmerman showed excessive restraint in waiting until he was almost unconscious to do so. Moral of the story is shoot a hoodlum BEFORE he damn near beats you to death.
Could be gay

Jacksonville, FL

#67352 Jul 14, 2013
I think Zimmerman is sexy
Straw boss

Jacksonville, FL

#67358 Jul 14, 2013
You got two weeks Martin parents....then no more hand outs....people have been through worse....lottery is over. Nobody really concerned about justice would have acted like you did....trash

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#67359 Jul 14, 2013
One of the worst criminal justice systems (imo)
Trayvons real dad

Jacksonville, FL

#67360 Jul 14, 2013
Looking for donations. We really don't want to work and Obama won't answer the phone. If you can help send money to Pete's Crack House Sanford fl 32087
UsA

Jacksonville, FL

#67362 Jul 14, 2013
I am ashamed to be black....Obama is a fool o get involved
UsA

Jacksonville, FL

#67363 Jul 14, 2013
Trayvons real dad wrote:
Looking for donations. We really don't want to work and Obama won't answer the phone. If you can help send money to Pete's Crack House Sanford fl 32087
Take food stamps??
I see

Mount Hope, WV

#67366 Jul 14, 2013
swedenforever wrote:
One of the worst criminal justice systems (imo)
Then why are you not living in Sweden? Please leave. Soon.
Rick scott

Jacksonville, FL

#67367 Jul 14, 2013
I hate skittles!!!
Jacksonville sheriff

Jacksonville, FL

#67368 Jul 14, 2013
We see you have some crime fighting experience.. Apply soon

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Rusk County Shooting Suspect Now Facing Drug Ch... (Jul '08) 11 hr Just me 48
News Fight Or Flight: Taking Back Chicago's Violent ... 13 hr bozo 1
News Holly Bobo suspect indicted on 2 counts of rape (Oct '14) 14 hr Jus thankin 136
News Black Lives Matter* (Oct '15) 17 hr paloopah 1,960
News Police shootings are rarity in region 20 hr Another Falsehood 14
News 'Don't Do This. They're Our Kids!': Texas Fathe... Mon Think Again 2
News Obama to seek healing in Orlando even as politi... Sun OK Barry 61
More from around the web