Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

Mar 22, 2012 Full story: Wall Street Journal 66,335

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Read more

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#66802 Jul 13, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!
Getting turned down for a job he applied for isn't him turning down a job.
HAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAAHHA!
Cop wannabe, and he couldn't even keep an under the table job as a security guard.
HAHAHAHAAHAHAH!
Even a liberal douche bag like you wouldn't turn down a car and uniform.
If George was such a wanna be cop why did he turn down all the toys offered him by the Sanford PD?

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#66803 Jul 13, 2013
MR CITIZEN 01 wrote:
I thought so. You Pedophile Zimmy fans are weak. Are you scared to reply? Good-Night..
Are you Bigfoot with a new name, same old pedophile talk.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#66804 Jul 13, 2013
DOA wrote:
<quoted text>Based on the phone conversation with Rachel, Trayvon thought Zimmerman was Gay. Trayvon thought he was going to bash a Gay man ( a Hate Crime )and got one in the chest instead.
She is one class act ,No wonder they kept her identity a secret Even a dead dude like Trayvon would not want to bang that sweat hog Ewwww ,nasty
What

Faribault, MN

#66805 Jul 13, 2013
MARTIN DEFENDED HIMSELF AND GOT MURDERED FOR IT.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#66807 Jul 13, 2013
What wrote:
MARTIN DEFENDED HIMSELF AND GOT MURDERED FOR IT.
When did Minnesota get so stupid?.....Trayvon's texts, that the Judge would'nt allow.....showed he was really into fighting and had worked out a deal with his thug buddies, to buy their stolen handgun for $80........Facts are fun.....
UN-Hyphenated American

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#66808 Jul 13, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
One more point, the receiver of an attack very often will think he was getting worse than he got.
The fact was testified that Martin's actions could have been deadly. It was pointed out that Zimmerman did not have to wait until they got to that point to defend himself.
The forensics report shows that Zimmerman shooting while Martin was on top of him fit the observed wounds. They weren't both standing up. The angle does not support that.
Just because a "creepy ass cracker" is following you is not an excuse to physically attack him.
Agreed. The law allows for the perception of the accused to be considered in self defense and is therefore a justification of same. The fact that he perceived he was getting or will with the strike get a life threatening or seriously injurious blow.

I wonder if Zimm gets a compromise conviction or goes 'reverse OJ' and renders Manslaughter- there be reversible error on several points. Specifically, the jury instructions allow and in fact required that the jury consider and compare relative abilities/size or the opponents, yet the Defense was prohibited from showing TM for what he was, an experienced fit athlete,a street fighter, his history of violence, drug use and unlawful gun possession. FYI: A 17 year old is a mere child? Wilfred Benitez was 17 y/o "child" when he won the World Championship in the 80s in boxing....anyone care to approach him in the dark alley when he was 15 or 16, much less 17? The state had this advantage and presented the MMA angle and was going to but did not put on the ATF agent whom GZ had a assault charge.
What

Faribault, MN

#66809 Jul 13, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>When did Minnesota get so stupid?.....Trayvon's texts, that the Judge would'nt allow.....showed he was really into fighting and had worked out a deal with his thug buddies, to buy their stolen handgun for $80........Facts are fun.....
Just facts.....Just because he was into fighting doesn't mean anything...Zimmerman now he was into shooting just because he murdered Trayvon for no reason only because he was black.
What

Faribault, MN

#66810 Jul 13, 2013
Go blue....yea facts are fun and prove your lying....Bye Nazi.
Ken

Zephyrhills, FL

#66814 Jul 13, 2013
Toby wrote:
<quoted text>
In 2011 there were a little over 6,000 blacks killed in America and 94 % of that 6,000 were killed by other blacks, that is 5,640 of the 6,000 were killed by fellow African Americans. So I guess that poster is saying that thousands of black murderers should be hung.
Sounds like a good start!
smh

Charlotte, NC

#66816 Jul 13, 2013
Should change your city's name to HATE, Fl. You racial fools will see a huge loss when the rest of the country stops patronizing your county. You fools have cut your own throats.
chris532008

Lafayette, LA

#66817 Jul 13, 2013
What wrote:
<quoted text>
Just facts.....Just because he was into fighting doesn't mean anything...Zimmerman now he was into shooting just because he murdered Trayvon for no reason only because he was black.
you know it s easy, those of you who like this state of anarchy, collect all your reprobates up into one or two states, be sure to take all the one you wish to reform also, that should leave the rest of the country in peaace and harmony so that we may prosper without all your crime, i know you lawyers, insurance, pawn shops, police, government employees, make a unfair sum from crime, but it s just amoral
smh

Charlotte, NC

#66818 Jul 13, 2013
Joe, get your mouthy little cowardly a@@ to the courthouse now!
chris532008

Lafayette, LA

#66821 Jul 13, 2013
What wrote:
Go blue....yea facts are fun and prove your lying....Bye Nazi.
actually the nazi s were facists, that is the side that you portray, the nazi s collected up the guns, that is your side you have your history vastly distorted, it is your lot of people the people have to keep the eye on as you are intending to destroy this land as hitler did germany
Ken

Zephyrhills, FL

#66824 Jul 13, 2013
Hold a JOB FAIR outside the courthouse .......that should keep the demonstrators away.
chris532008

Lafayette, LA

#66825 Jul 13, 2013
Geeeeeez wrote:
<quoted text>He wasn't on duty. He was going out and noticed the suspicious acting thug and called police. He had no idea this thug was going to ambush and try to kill him. He may not be the smartest person but that is not a reason to charge him for walking inside his own gated community and defending himself from a brutal attack.
the talk of the gated community is misleading, i guarantee you the house trayvon was heading to was a government subsidized house, that this crime was funded by this governemnt and that the crime problem in the area was thus funded by this government, stolen property from dade county was routinely funneled from there to sanford and i bet from sanford to dade county, further, i would suspect that it is probable that the welfare checks collected in the sanford area had a welfare check comming in somewhere in dade county, most of these people have numerous welfare checks coming in, they don t just income from drug dealing
Incredible

Houston, TX

#66826 Jul 13, 2013
CatholicPatriot wrote:
<quoted text>
Self defense is not a crime, that's why I say Martin was not acting criminally even if he threw the first punch.
Zimmerman was in pursuit; Martin defended himself and got shot to death for doing so.
Without the gun, Zimmerman would have been more cautious. Without the gun, Zimmerman may not have even gotten out of his vehicle.
Zimmerman did not place a higher value on human life than he did on his ego.
As a society, we cannot permit this behavior.
Any fair minded person would have to admit, Zimmerman crossed the line before the two fought.
If you can extrapolate Zimmerman as the attacker based on the evidence then I can extrapolate that the book "Huckleberry Finn" was about the 1969 lunar landing.
chris532008

Lafayette, LA

#66831 Jul 13, 2013
MR CITIZEN 01 wrote:
Maaaan... You Zimmy Thug Pedophiles must be beside yourselves. Prove it, and respond...losers! Scared, huh! Next, we are coming for your guns! Hahahahahah....
the democrat party communist, finally comming out of the closet, now the world can see what you trully are
What

Faribault, MN

#66832 Jul 13, 2013
facts wrote:
Sad the Nazi's had the wrong race.
Line the streets with work boots, you won't see a KNEE-GROW for miles.
FILTHY NAZI PIG....YOU KKK HITLER LOVERS ARE VILE AND EVIL..........go away.
Justified

Barbourville, KY

#66833 Jul 13, 2013
WOW. I researched the recreational drug "lea". Known as "lean" because it makes the user "lean" when they get high on it. It says it is called purple drink and has become very popular in the hip hop community in the SE US. Tea and Skittles may not have been purchased by an innocent young boy. Tea and Skittles may have been purchased by a young punk rapper thug that just wanted to abuse his drugs and bully anybody not in his criminal hip hop culture who dare look at him. Or he may have just been that little innocent boy who was hunt down and gunned down by a "creepy ass cracker". You decide.
chris532008

Lafayette, LA

#66834 Jul 13, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Not according to Florida.
The manslaughter option has a much lower threshold. If I recall, wrongful death is sufficient.
but this is rightfull death

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Wallin-Reed guilty of first-degree murder - Ful... (Oct '13) Sun Gracie 106
News Bruner Murder Trial Begins Sun EatFecesAndPerish 3
News New and Expanded Online Resource Details Fatal ... Sun payme 14
News Murder victim Raoul Dula, suspect Earl Moore Jr... (Jun '13) Sun Reason 148
News 1 Fatally Shot, 1 Wounded In San Juan Capistrano (Aug '06) Sun OLD TOWN NEWHALL1... 160
News Video footage sought in Hillary trial Sat get out 125
News Judge: School can fire guard over 'black thugs'... Sat Wyatt Trayush 2
More from around the web