Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks ...

Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

There are 66307 comments on the Wall Street Journal story from Mar 22, 2012, titled Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media. In it, Wall Street Journal reports that:

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wall Street Journal.

EASY MONEY

Bangkok, Thailand

#66124 Jul 11, 2013
Video from inside to the wrote:
The trial is almost done. The verdict will be read and it will be done. What the public does after that is anyone's guess.
If the not guilty verdict in the casey anthony trial is any indication though not much will happen.
What I do not understand is this. How in the world do we all come together after 911 and stand as one against the attackers? We are like a family that argues with each other but no outsider had better attack one of us because we will unite and break it off in your terrorist butt. I grew up hating black people. I was taught by my father as this was what he was taught by his father. Serving in the Army I learned to think for myself and no longer hate black people. Now I just do not like stupid people, no matter their color or creed, whatever!
I do seriously feel if any one race needs to be concerned about inequities it is the Black person. But know this, there are white people that want to support black people in their struggle. As with blacks, not all of think the same. Peace perhaps?
I can not believe what I just read, you are the most ignorant, obnixious, phony, liberal, twisted idiot I have ever seen in print. Please, please, don't give me that bullshit about your limited time in the Army, that changed your mind. Good grief what inequities, the ghetto trash have had every chance to move up the ladder, yet they choose to live like animals, act like something out of a 1930's movie of black Africa. Still they drop out of schools just as fast as they can because it's just too hard to learn something that might help them find a real job. But instead of spears they now have guns, dope, and a deep desire to rob anything, steal everything, that they can to keep from having to do one single day of work. Of course our government lays a little loot on the bastards every month to make sure that they vote for the right give away party. Send your address and I'll send you a crying towel with Al $harpton$ picture on it.
Cat74

United States

#66131 Jul 11, 2013
Chicago doesn't start target practice until Thursday.
There is reality

Newport News, VA

#66133 Jul 11, 2013
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
There's the real truth about this "kid".
He wasn't going to let someone get away with watching him or asking him what he was doing.
We've all seen it before, from punks who believe they own any place they are.
Now he owns a place about 3 ft wide....6 ft long. Forever his.

I've run into similar little thuglettes......Whachugonnadu. ..with arms in the air......or finger above their head pointing down at you.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#66134 Jul 11, 2013
Anthony Weiner wrote:
Guilty = wrong verdict / no rioting
Not Guilty = right verdict / blacks rioting
That rioting, would be a huge setback for the cause of African-Americans...it would show that, they don't appreciate this trial, which never should have taken place....having progressed, largely as the result, of their civil/societal unrest.....Black leadership, needs to do a much better job....of picking their battles.....

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#66136 Jul 11, 2013
Reagan Revived wrote:
<quoted text>What was the head count in Chicago last night, LMAO.
theres another stanley cup in sweet chicago! All of the bruins heads are on it
There is reality

Newport News, VA

#66137 Jul 11, 2013
swedenforever wrote:
Bottom line zimmerman followed martin based on profiling-manslaughter 2 guilty!
you must have missed that Zman was cleared of racial profiling waaaaay long ago. Keep grasping. Followed traygone due to suspicious behavior....maybe. Not illegal.
There is reality

Newport News, VA

#66138 Jul 11, 2013
Wheres BIP (Barefoot Idiot Pedophile) been. Probably boarding up his windows....or maybe getting ready to participate.
truth

United States

#66139 Jul 11, 2013
Only way GZ gets convicted is with pressure from outside sources on Judge and jury.

This trial has been a goatrope from the beginning.

Prosecution is caught in the middle. They wrongly charged him with 2nd degree murder and can't prove it.

They cannot convict of manslaughter because he admitted to purposely shooting Martin.

Either way, let the riots begin!!!
Eye Ball Chambers

Harrodsburg, KY

#66141 Jul 11, 2013
Testimony and the injury to the back of Zimmerman's head indicates that Martin was the aggressor. If a stronger person is hold you down, breaking your nose and pounding your head into the concrete that surely demonstrates aggression. In such a case, which one would cry out for help? The one during the punching and pounding or the one being pounded?

From the evidence presented, I cannot see anything but acquittal. However, a jury must decide. If Zimmerman is guilty and jailed, many white people will wonder what is wrong with the justice system in this country. If Zimmerman is freed, I hope that a part of the black community will riot, pillage, kill, and burn. If that happens, the black community needs to take a careful look at themselves.

As painful and unfair as it is, the country must take a good look at Martin. He was into at least marijuana, his twitter name was a variation of the N word and his twitter account was filled with obscenities , and the degradation of women. He was suspended from school at least twice for suspicious items and possible burglar tools and pot, he was sent to his father likely because he was out of his mother's control. His gold teeth and tattoos hint at being involved with gangs. A video taken in a store shortly before his death appeared to demonstrate that he was dressed in the style of street punks, that being sagging pants, hooded sweatshirt, etc. ALL OF THIS HAS BEEN SPECULATED AND IT MAY OR MAY NOT BE A FAR MORE ACCURATE PICTURE OF TRAVON MARTIN THAN THE SWEET, INCOCDENT PHOTO THAT WAS PLASTERED ALL OVER NEWS.

If this is a true picture of Martin, he illustrates thousands of thousands of young blacks, in and out of prison, who seethe in anger and frustration.

Can any thing be done to help these young Americans?

Since: Jan 13

Spokane, WA

#66142 Jul 11, 2013
Joe Momma wrote:
"Oh, he was following Martin!"
"Oh, he had a gun!"
"Oh, he racially profiled Martin!"
"Oh, he attacked Martin!"
ROFLMFAO!!!
I can't believe how dumbed down people have become.
There's no law against following a suspicious looking carachter. Stalking is defined as REPEATED harrassment.
There's no law against carrying concealed. Zimmerman had a permit, and even though carrying a firearm may have violated the rules of neighborhood watch, no law was broken.
There's no law against profiling. You don't look for an old white lady when the suspect is a young black male.
As far as Zimmerman assaulting Martin, PROVE IT! But the State has FAILED miserably! There is more reasonable doubt in this case than you will ever see in a murder trial.
Martin is dead because of his racial hatred of whites. He was raised to hate "creepy ass crackers." And now they want to be able to rob whitey with impunity Martin's parents want every dime they can get from George Zimmerman. And they want to see him spend the rest of his life getting raped in prison.
It just goes to show how enwords will turn on you the first opportunity they get. If you have anything to do with them, your turn will come. They will gang up on you like they did to George Zimmerman. They will be unified in their opposition. And they will do everything in their power to destroy you.
The ignorant whites who support the Martin's don't live or work or personally deal with blacks, and that's why they have no idea of what they're talking about. It's funny how the blacks who post here on topix wont reveal their ethnicity.
They are pure racists.
So who are the real racists here?
Speak up!
Ignorant post through and through. Also, the judge JUST ruled that the lesser included charges of Murder 3 AND Manslaughter apply to the facts, evidence, and testimony as presented during trial. D-Bag!
truth

United States

#66143 Jul 11, 2013
MR CITIZEN 01 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ignorant post through and through. Also, the judge JUST ruled that the lesser included charges of Murder 3 AND Manslaughter apply to the facts, evidence, and testimony as presented during trial. D-Bag!
The judge is a puppet.
truth

United States

#66144 Jul 11, 2013
3rd degree murder based on Child Abuse??? Are you kidding me??
State is grasping for straws......

Since: Jan 13

Spokane, WA

#66145 Jul 11, 2013
The specifics of the lesser included charge of Murder 3 is still being argued. Stay tuned...

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#66147 Jul 11, 2013
Only zim knows what zim did.
He walks.
Toby

United States

#66152 Jul 11, 2013
Diversities finest is waiting with their fingers crossed hoping for a not guilty verdict so they can bash crackers in the face,rape and pillage,and get all that free stuff even if it means looting black owned businesses. They will commit all that carnage in the name of fighting social injustice and the weak minded media will excuse it.
Justice LRS

Shreveport, LA

#66153 Jul 11, 2013
Railroad Job!!! BOYCOTT SANFORD, FLORIDA!
Rosie

Brooksville, FL

#66154 Jul 11, 2013
Joe Momma wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, crotch rot!...What's the difference between a black girl and a bowling ball?
Whats the answer?
truth

United States

#66155 Jul 11, 2013
Rosie wrote:
<quoted text>Whats the answer?
A bowling ball only ends up in the gutter once in awhile??
Media critic

Harrodsburg, KY

#66157 Jul 11, 2013
Why this case? Why did the media portray Martin as a 13 year old and Zimmerman as a wantabe racist cop? Why did the media edit the 911 tape to make it appear that Zimmerman was a racist?
IMO, the media has an agenda. Pick any white on black crime and push it. Ignore other crime, especially black on white crime.
Here is a story that the national major media ignored. It happened in Knoxville, Tennessee some years ago.
A young couple had a dinner date. Four black men hijacked their car. The boy was sodomized and his gentiles were cut off while the girl was forced to watch. The girl was raped over and over again. She was brutalized for days and finally killed as was the boy.
Why did major news media ignore this story? Why did the the major news media make the Martin/Zimmerman incident a major news event?
It is speculated that if Zimmerman is freed, the black community will blaze with anger, riot, destruction, and possibly murder. Was the black community angry about this brutal murder?
It is time for the white community to understand that American inner cities seethe with anger, frustration and the ignorance of the uneducated and undereducated black youth and try to do something about it. It is time that the black people take hold of their communities and help these kids before they fall victim or end up in prison.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#66159 Jul 11, 2013
...uneducatable......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Spate of homicides puts Columbus in a season of... 1 hr Neighbor 7
News America's deadliest shooting incidents are gett... 2 hr RiccardoFire 455
News Black Lives Matter* (Oct '15) 11 hr White Chick 2,046
News Fox Lake men say they were detained illegally d... Wed Irish Willie 11
News Manhunt is on (Aug '06) Wed Marty OBrien 6
News Suspect In Decker Lane Murder Turns Himself In (Sep '07) Tue Farts Candy 37
Las Vegas Shooter's Escape Plan Tue spying_eyes 1
More from around the web