Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks ...

Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

There are 66319 comments on the Wall Street Journal story from Mar 22, 2012, titled Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media. In it, Wall Street Journal reports that:

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wall Street Journal.

Toby

Portland, OR

#65958 Jul 10, 2013
*their
Toby

Portland, OR

#65959 Jul 10, 2013
lies- To exist or reside
lies- To convey a false image or impression

Both apply to their supposed outrage
Reality

Lincoln, CA

#65961 Jul 10, 2013
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>
Dearie, I would also object to some creepy guy following me as I was walking on a street with a packet of skittles.
You need to open your eyes to the state our scoiety is in, and not the fantasy land you want to live in.
I've seen the same type of teen take over a neighborhood, and a classroom. Teens with or without skittles, can have an attitude of superiority and entitlement, and harbor tendencies to be violent. This particular teen had a punk attitude that eve and no one was going to question him, and get away with it.
I suggest you get out more at night and see what is going on, as well as reviewing twitter posts by teens with the same attitude TM had. They eat candy, smoke dope, act out, and they like to fight. No mystery.
Reality

Lincoln, CA

#65963 Jul 10, 2013
Profiling is a known method of law enforcement.
The politically correct crowd would have us believe that it's unfair.
It's common sense.
News flash: Zimmerman's neighbor was a victim of a home invansion by 2 black teen males, not by an older hispanic male who served on Neighborhood Watch.
Toby

Portland, OR

#65965 Jul 10, 2013
Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
This one is grabbing at straws, this porker, Jeantel was caught in a lie about telling a lie about her age. First she denied that she told a lie (imagine that) and when she was more closely crossed about what she stated about her age she admitted she did not tell the truth. Well, so much for the credibility of this porker.
Her obesity is not a issue, lots of women are obese of all ethnicities, but I don't get why a person who has lived in America their entire life can't read cursive, and why she would have a letter written by someone else and signed by herself, a letter she can't even read. How is creation could any of that be construed as credible?
Toby

Portland, OR

#65966 Jul 10, 2013
* How in creation could any of that be construed as credible?
No you are

Astoria, NY

#65967 Jul 10, 2013
Toby wrote:
<quoted text>
Her obesity is not a issue, lots of women are obese of all ethnicities, but I don't get why a person who has lived in America their entire life can't read cursive, and why she would have a letter written by someone else and signed by herself, a letter she can't even read. How is creation could any of that be construed as credible?
Because they don't teach cursive in public schools anymore. Maybe a couple of days in the 3rd grade is all you get now.
Wake Up

Lexington, KY

#65968 Jul 10, 2013
Toby wrote:
Just look at the state of ruin the Dade county schools are in , they need a school chief of police,school resource officers, school detectives, bicycle officers, special response teams,etc...
Jesus freak... christ that one witness who is a senior in high school, she couldn't even read cursive.
Dude they stopped teaching cursive in public schools in the 90's. It is the new policy of the federal government to actively dumb down our children and push them into enslavement. They are no longer our children...they are government slaves. They get innoculated from birth with vaccines that cause all kinds of long term health problems, then they are fed formula that contains 50% sugar for a year. Then they are indoctrinated in public schools for 12 years and their fathers are missing, their mothers are working, the media is pushing them to buy sugar and eat fat and play video games are training them to kill. Their time is completely occupied by the social apparatus of the day. American society is witnessing what happens in a Godless society. This is what we let happen to America because no one cares about the other person or community as a whole. We have all become self serving and self absorbed and the family is broken, the economy is broken and we are heading toward a tyrannical world government led by the elite foreign bankers who have planned this the entire time while we pacify ourselves with our sports teams and i phones. One day we will all be slaves.
Toby

Portland, OR

#65970 Jul 10, 2013
Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
The big problem with the prosecution case and the gorilla in the room is that the burden of proof falls on the shoulders of the prosecution. George Zimmerman is innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. The prosecution has fallen so short of that it is unreal. The only reason this debacle came to trial was because the press first misrepresented the case as a white person killing a black boy. When the error was pointed out and proven they changed it to a light skin man killed a black boy. The flames were further fanned by Obama (AKA Little Brown) when he stated if he had a son he would look like Trayvon, again this idiot is micro managing local police work like he did in Mass.
The area has already placed the local police departments on High Alert because of suspected rioting if Zimmerman is found not guilty. I am betting that the jury is now looking for a minor charge that they can come up with a guilty verdict on to appease the local animals.
My best definition of the difference between blacks and whites is, after the Rodney King trial the massive riots because the white officers were found not guilty. After the O.J Simpson trial, despite overwhelming belief that OJ was guilty he was found not guilty and no riots happened.
Kind of reminds me of the Trayvon out of the jungle but not the jungle out of Trayvon theory.
I said the same thing months and months ago, that the media instantly jumped on this event and reported it as a racist white man unjustly murdering a black teen, when they learned he was of mixed hispanic ethnicity they had the race card rolling like thunder and couldn't retract it, it was too late. When it was discovered that Zimmerman was a multi-racial Hispanic American with no real verifiable racist past they then deemed it a (light skinned Hispanic) racist killing of a black teen.

I'm just curious if Zimmerman was one -tenth white and 90 % hispanic would they still refer to him as light skinned, and if a mulatto shoots another black under the same circumstance is it also considered a white on black racist crime?
Reality

Lincoln, CA

#65972 Jul 10, 2013
A thug is a thug. In ths case the thug was black... as in many cases.
Toby

Portland, OR

#65973 Jul 10, 2013
Could you imagine a 99 % black American shooting another black under the same circumstances and the media accentuating that they researched his genealogy and discovered the shooter was 1 % white therefore making it a white on black racist crime?

I can see the large number of potential looters and rioters screaming the 1 % white cracker in him made him kill, now lets riot and loot for social justice ! On to loot the local black owned KFC and locally black owned businesses !
Reality

Lincoln, CA

#65978 Jul 10, 2013
It's interesting that with all of the years of NAACP, college grants for minorities, and special programs to advance them, there still aren't very many in positions of great importance.
Where are the black prosecutors? Blacks shun the idea that other blacks cause crime in other neighborhoods. The only time they accept the fact that blacks are responsible for crime is when it's in their own neighborhood.
Toby

Portland, OR

#65979 Jul 10, 2013
Maybe it should always be *an off duty police officer
Toby

Portland, OR

#65980 Jul 10, 2013
facts wrote:
<quoted text>
OJ, ROLOLMFAO, only an ape could get off a murder charge then end up in prison.
O.J. exhibits sociopathic traits, that or he has traits of Narcissistic Personality Disorder. He believes he is blessed by the Gods themselves,is Gods gift to women and sports, and is entitled to act anyway he pleases. He identifies mostly with white culture but has no hesitation in killing any white who makes him uncomfortable of goes against his wishes. He is now in the academy of differential association being taught how to become a more efficient criminal. "

"How to murder and rob crackers more efficiently 101"

Since: Nov 07

Winter Springs, FL

#65981 Jul 10, 2013
What do you think the verdict will be, guilty or not guilty?

Here is a poll - so far 53% Guilty

http://www.craigboyce.com/w/george-zimmerman-...

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#65982 Jul 10, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Except that Zimmerman DID profile, as his own words indicate. Also, who attacked whom is unclear.
The very fact that you think "Traygone" is amusing indicates where you're coming from.
Profile as in, be aware of unknown black males......since they had been arrested and/or the suspects in 8 breakins, in 11 months?...Exceptional awareness of the threats to his community?....

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#65983 Jul 10, 2013
Reality wrote:
Profiling is a known method of law enforcement.
The politically correct crowd would have us believe that it's unfair.
It's common sense.
News flash: Zimmerman's neighbor was a victim of a home invansion by 2 black teen males, not by an older hispanic male who served on Neighborhood Watch.
Exactly, "Profiling" is the new term of discrimination, the socially incorrect have adopted....as directed by our government and media...to enhance their Social Engineering Program......
Toby

Portland, OR

#65984 Jul 10, 2013
Florida sounds like a weird place, just look at the Casey Anthony jury, they had a mountain of evidence that should have convicted her of first degree murder, they had everything but the dead little corpse rising from the grave her mother put her in and saying "yep Mommy killed me" yet they still found her not guilty. So who knows what will happen in this case also.

In this case there is very little evidence if any that Zimmerman was a racist or that he wasn't defending himself, the only question remaining is if there is a lesser crime committed like reckless behavior, and that is uncertain too. But when you have the highest levels of government pushing for a certain verdict it interferes with the juries disposition, and God knows they don't want a riot, even if the riot would be just an opportunist dream to loot and steal.

I would have extra security at athletic shoes stores, chicken restaurant chains, and jewelry stores also, especially appliance stores. I know that sounds stereotypical and racist but just do some research on what is targeted during riots.
Reality

Lincoln, CA

#65985 Jul 10, 2013
The State is so far from poving its case. The only thing they haven't triedo bring in, is Obama.
Nosmo King

East Liverpool, OH

#65986 Jul 10, 2013
If Zimmerman is found innocent, the little rolly- polly gerri curled porch monkey Al Sharpton would be found shooting his mouth off again without knowing what he is talking about,lest we forget Sharptons original claim to fame TAWANA BRAWLEY. Jesse Jackson Jr. and all other blacks screaming will be for naught.

The Jewish run news media will also be crying because they attempted to manipulate information about the case and portray Trevon as a young innocent victim.

Let the chips fall where they may.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Black Lives Matter* (Oct '15) 1 hr Old Surfer Dude 1,880
News Man Accused of Shooting at Rochester Police Off... 1 hr Eddy 5
News Binghamton man charged in 2010 murder on Longa 7 hr Cletus 4
News Maryville man indicted on murder, other charges (Feb '08) 7 hr Gcollins 46
News Mayfield up for parole for 1985 murder (Mar '09) 18 hr Reg Dunbar 969
News Ohio sheriff: - If you are fearful, arm yourself' Wed Bubba 3
News UC, DuBose Family Reach Settlement Tue Pops 33
More from around the web