Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

Mar 22, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Wall Street Journal

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Comments (Page 2,599)

Showing posts 51,961 - 51,980 of65,242
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Just say no

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Judged:

Ascendo Tuum wrote:
<quoted text>
And GI Janie wins a 25 to Life vacation stay at the Florida State Hoosegow where the local Hoosegow Welcome Wagon is waiting for his imminent arrival with annnnnnnnnnticipation!
Are we watching the same trial. You are in denial. George being sent up the road for 25 to life will never happen. What evidence did the state present that proves 2nd degree murder. <<<< Happy hunting

Since: Sep 12

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Judged:

Ronald wrote:
<quoted text>
finca09.
Well, ever since the days of my youth I have known a fine God fearing "Mexican" American family who resided in Texas long before Texas was taken into the Union. They do not make excuses for violent African thugs who jump out of the dark and attack "Hispanic" males just because they volunteer to look out for the safety and the well-being of their neighbors.
Estoy de acuerdo con usted en que el hombre blanco debe tratar de recuperar el respeto de la mujer blanca. La mejor manera de empezar es para ellos para hacer frente a los africanos y ejercer su responsabilidad de defender su honor, como es común entre los "hispanos" no africano.
Ronald
Not defending the victim at all. I would have probably done the same thing if put in that situation. I just don't wish or like to use racist terms as I have read on this topix. Black people are good just as their are some that are bad, you cannot go around wishing ill will on an entire race because some are a detriment to our society. Its like me saying I hate all white people because of Jeffrey Dahmer or Charles Manson, or even Hitler. Why dont we just take people at face value? Judge them by their character, not by the color of their skin.

Since: Sep 12

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Ronald wrote:
<quoted text>
finca09.
Well, ever since the days of my youth I have known a fine God fearing "Mexican" American family who resided in Texas long before Texas was taken into the Union. They do not make excuses for violent African thugs who jump out of the dark and attack "Hispanic" males just because they volunteer to look out for the safety and the well-being of their neighbors.
Estoy de acuerdo con usted en que el hombre blanco debe tratar de recuperar el respeto de la mujer blanca. La mejor manera de empezar es para ellos para hacer frente a los africanos y ejercer su responsabilidad de defender su honor, como es común entre los "hispanos" no africano.
Ronald
Yo no se si usted es hispano o sera Americano(Gringo) pero Dios los iso a todos, y devemos respetar los unos a otros. La mujer blanca siempre se echa con el negro y el hombre blanco le falta respecto a otras rasas, cuandonse debe fijar en su misma rasa de mujer por lo que asen, y eso es echar se con otras rasas. Con mucho respeto, Jose.
CatholicPatriot

Lodi, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Judged:

Plain talk wrote:
Can somebody address this? IF he was looking for trouble/ that he expected to have, Why would Travon Martin talk on the phone right up until he was attacked? His hands..(with the drink & candy) weren't they FULL? the telephone conversation right up TO the encounter with Zimmerman..wasn't that a MAJOR distraction? HOW was HE planning to attack someone, Not being AT ALL focused ??... it makes no sense. Aso, has anybody thought to COMPARE the 2 separate conversations= What MARTIN was saying just before the cnfrontation..compared to what ZIMMERMAN was saying at the very same time?
You are correct. A teenage male talking on the phone to his girlfriend is not likely to be the aggressor.

There are other considerations.

In Florida, Class C licensed security officers are not permitted to carry firearms while on duty. Class D licensed security officers
are permitted to carry firearms while on duty. Private Investigators with the regular license are not permitted to carry firearms while on duty. With the weapon carrying private investigation license they are permitted to. Most neighborhood watch volunteers do not even have the Class C security officer license and thus are prohibited from carrying firearms while on patrol.

Essentially, Zimmerman violated the law by having a firearm in his possession while patrolling as neighborhood watch. His concealed weapons permit wasn't enough once he started patrolling the neighborhood. Indeed, he committed a felony before he even started following Martin.

Since he was in the process of committing a felony before the altercation and before he started following Martin, legally following Martin in a vehicle became assault with a deadly weapon (the vehicle). The first crime elevates the pursuit to a crime as well.

By getting out of the vehicle and approaching Martin while armed with a concealed weapon, it may be regarded as another assault with a deadly weapon. Clearly, Zimmerman himself could be regarded as a hothead and thus another deadly weapon himself.

In any case, the illegal actions of Zimmerman elevates the execution of Martin to a first degree murder charge easy enough to prove by a competent prosecutor.

From what I've seen, the prosecution hasn't done its homework.
Cat74

Carpentersville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Judged:

Mr. Zimmerman was asking for help, because he didn't want to have to use the gun. He changed his mind about the 3rd time Trayvon bounced his head off the sidewalk, and the State hasn't proved any different.
Ascendo Tuum

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Judged:

Just say no wrote:
<quoted text>The owner of the jewelry is probably dead from a MMA style beat-down.
This case is real simple. George was screaming for help.. George has the physical injuries also supported by witness testimony. George had no choice but to defend himself... Hence.... SELF DEFENSE. the jury will analyze those simple facts while following the law and jury instructions.
ROTFALMFAO!!

1) TWO (count'em) 2 separate independent audio forensic analysts using different techniques BOTH came to the same conclusion: 100% positive that the screaming voice was NOT that of GI JANE.

2) Physical injuries!! ROTFLAMFAO!! GI Jane claims (his statement) that Trayvon was on top of him REPEATEDLY SMASHING his head against a concrete sidewalk to the point of Janie almost passing out. YET... GI Janie and NO CONCUSSION, NO SKULL FRACTURE or BONE BRUISE. He did have a small insignificant booboo on the top of his melon. Sorry... but the description and the "physical injuries" don't match at all.

3) Your so called witness apparently has changed his story: "Witness 6," told police on the night of the shooting that he saw a black man on top of a lighter-skinned man "just throwing down blows on the guy, MMA-style." He said the lighter-skinned man was calling for help. Interviewed later by investigators, he said he was not sure who was calling for help, and was not sure any punches were thrown." Interesting, eh? oh how about this?? Another witness, who was initially interviewed on March 20, said she saw two people on the ground immediately after the shooting but was not sure who was on top. But in another interview with investigators six days later, the paper reported, she was sure: It was Zimmerman on top.

4) It was TRAYVON, who had no choice in defending himself.... and he died for winning a fight he didn't start.

sooooo... it looks like NO SELF DEFENSE. The jury will analyze those simple facts while following the law and jury instructions.
Kelly

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Judged:

Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Don'worry, there is alway's Al Sharpton, Nancy Grace and now....You, to show us all, the lynchmob way.....
Lynchmob way? Wasn't that Zimmerman? Did he have to follow Martin? When he called 911 was he told to not follow the suspicious person? Want to make this racist, let Zimmerman walk free. Ever go outside when it is dark and raining? Ever see a person walking in the dark rain? Could you distinguish what color the person was wearing? Eye witness said the person on the bottom was wearing red. Too many holes. Too lenient stand your ground laws. Following someone with a loaded gun is trouble no matter how you slice it. Self defense, I don't think so but I am not on the jury, do not live in Florida and would not want a Zimmerman wannabe cop watching my neighborhood.
Ascendo Tuum

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Judged:

Plain talk wrote:
Can somebody address this? IF he was looking for trouble/ that he expected to have, Why would Travon Martin talk on the phone right up until he was attacked? His hands..(with the drink & candy) weren't they FULL? the telephone conversation right up TO the encounter with Zimmerman..wasn't that a MAJOR distraction? HOW was HE planning to attack someone, Not being AT ALL focused ??... it makes no sense. Aso, has anybody thought to COMPARE the 2 separate conversations= What MARTIN was saying just before the cnfrontation..compared to what ZIMMERMAN was saying at the very same time?
Precisely.... GI Jane stalked him and provoked a fight. Janie has a history of profiling "strange blacks" in the neighbourhood and had a hard on for them. An analysis of almost a years worth of 911 calls (excluding the nuisance calls, like kids playing too loud, kid doing a wheelie on his bike, neighbour left his window open, pot hole, you know... that stupid sh!t - and I listened to them all) shows that he only targeted "strange blacks" that he didn't know in the neighbourhood. NOT ONE CALL ABOUT A STRANGE WHITIE, HISPANIC, ASIAN, or NATIVE AMERICAN. Funny... ole Janie seemed to know ALL the strange whites, Hispanics, Asians, Native Americans, Arabs, etc who entered the community..... but NONE of the blacks. I would say that was pretty incredible, would you not??
Truth

Rome, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Judged:

Ascendo Tuum wrote:
<quoted text>ROTFALMFAO!!

1) TWO (count'em) 2 separate independent audio forensic analysts using different techniques BOTH came to the same conclusion: 100% positive that the screaming voice was NOT that of GI JANE.

2) Physical injuries!! ROTFLAMFAO!! GI Jane claims (his statement) that Trayvon was on top of him REPEATEDLY SMASHING his head against a concrete sidewalk to the point of Janie almost passing out. YET... GI Janie and NO CONCUSSION, NO SKULL FRACTURE or BONE BRUISE. He did have a small insignificant booboo on the top of his melon. Sorry... but the description and the "physical injuries" don't match at all.

3) Your so called witness apparently has changed his story: "Witness 6," told police on the night of the shooting that he saw a black man on top of a lighter-skinned man "just throwing down blows on the guy, MMA-style." He said the lighter-skinned man was calling for help. Interviewed later by investigators, he said he was not sure who was calling for help, and was not sure any punches were thrown." Interesting, eh? oh how about this?? Another witness, who was initially interviewed on March 20, said she saw two people on the ground immediately after the shooting but was not sure who was on top. But in another interview with investigators six days later, the paper reported, she was sure: It was Zimmerman on top.

4) It was TRAYVON, who had no choice in defending himself.... and he died for winning a fight he didn't start.

sooooo... it looks like NO SELF DEFENSE. The jury will analyze those simple facts while following the law and jury instructions.
Martins father is an expert on his boy. He said it was not his son screaming. Then he lied on the stand today.
Truth

Rome, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Judged:

Ascendo Tuum wrote:
<quoted text>ROTFALMFAO!!

Those are not experts either. They had nothing to compare the screams to. Only an idiot wouldn't know that.
Ascendo Tuum

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Judged:

CatholicPatriot wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought marijuana was a drug that decreases violent tendencies. Unlike cocaine, it has a tendency to mellow people out. I could be mistaken, but I think it reduces violent tendencies.
That's correct.... don't let the fright wing snot nosed inbred teabagging redneck bigots tell you otherwise.
Truth

Rome, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Judged:

Ascendo Tuum wrote:
<quoted text>YOU STUPID STUPID LITTLE RACIST MORON!!!! GI Janie TOLD the dispatcher on the 911 call that it was a teenager. Funny how you brain dead bigots seem to "forget" these pertinent little details!.

And really... give it up already. THE JEWELLERY WAS NOT STOLEN. THE JEWELLERY HAS NOT BEEN REPORTED MISSING IN ANY JURSIDICTION INSIDE AND OUTSIDE FLORIDA. Got it?? Dumbazz??? NOT STOLEN.

And as per your request: YOU'RE A FCUKING STUPID LOSER!
Definitely stolen. Only an idiot would believe an unemployed thug had a bag full of jewelry that wasn't stolen.
Truth

Rome, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Judged:

Another bad day for the Prosecution. Don't even know why the defense is calling witnesses. The state already proved self defense for the defense. LOL. Looks like he will be acquitted and life will be back to normal.
Ascendo Tuum

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Judged:

Plain talk wrote:
Also.. why would Zimmerman NEED any help ? He HAD a loaded gun- with the safety off, so as to make sure he could pull the trigger easily!(the facts prove he didn't need to yell for help!).. As for his bloody nose/head.. I think , to give myself some added point, maybe I would have slammed my own head to give mysef the 'excuse' for what I had done. just saying.
Again I agree... he didn't need to follow (as per the 911 dispatchers order AND the Neighbourhood Watch directive NOT TO ENGAGE). He was told by 911 dispatch that the police were on route, so HE KNEW HELP WAS ON THE WAY. He had absolutely no reason to follow. BUT....some clues on the 911 call: first, he comments: "These assholes. They always get away". Then at the 2:22 mark in the call, he calls Trayvon a "fcuking coon". It appears his racist hard on was raging at this point and he felt he could do a better job than trained professionals.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Judged:

Truth wrote:
Another bad day for the Prosecution. Don't even know why the defense is calling witnesses. The state already proved self defense for the defense. LOL. Looks like he will be acquitted and life will be back to normal.
I agree.
Ascendo Tuum

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Judged:

Just say no wrote:
<quoted text>Are we watching the same trial. You are in denial. George being sent up the road for 25 to life will never happen. What evidence did the state present that proves 2nd degree murder. <<<< Happy hunting
Plenty of evidence... plenty. Your biggoted tendencies just don't allow you to see it.
Ascendo Tuum

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Judged:

Cat74 wrote:
Mr. Zimmerman was asking for help, because he didn't want to have to use the gun. He changed his mind about the 3rd time Trayvon bounced his head off the sidewalk, and the State hasn't proved any different.
oh... gee now it's only 3 times?? WTF happened to "REPEATEDLY SLAMMED MY HEAD ON THE CONCRETE SIDEWALK UNTIL I ALMOST PASSED OUT"??? Now... are you sure it was 3??? 4 maybe??? 2?? 1??? How about... it didn't happen at all?? It was a fabrication to cover up a murder?? Much like "He jumped out at me from out of the bushes" was a fabrication. Like "It was a coincidence that I went in the same direction as Trayvon.... I had to get the name of the street we were on." ON A STREET WHERE HE LIVED FOR 3 YEARS???!!! ROTFALMFAO!!! ya... right...... total fabrication.
CatholicPatriot

Lodi, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Judged:

Cat74 wrote:
If Martin's blood is not on Zimmerman, Zimmerman was not on the bottom when he pulled the trigger.

Easy enough.

However, even if Martin was on top, that doesn't mean he started the fight. It just means he was winning the fight.

Zimmerman appears to have initiated the fight in which case Martin was defending himself, and Zimmerman is guilty of first degree murder.

Let's not forget, Zimmerman was on his home turf with lots of friends and neighbors willing to help; Martin was hundreds of miles from home harmlessly talking to his girlfriend on the phone.

Apparently, those on Zimmerman's side think it is a crime to be "walking while black."
Ascendo Tuum

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Judged:

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Martins father is an expert on his boy. He said it was not his son screaming. Then he lied on the stand today.
He was mistaken at first. He didn't lie on the stand. How come you never want to discuss GI Janie's lies?? Like:

a) The night GI Jane killed Trayvon Martin he told police that he had a clean record

b) When GI Janie was booked into the Seminole County Jail, he told the booking officer that he had never been in a pretrial-diversion program before, but he had. After his resisting arrest Zimmerman wound up in a pretrial-diversion program

c) When Thug Zimmerman offered an apology to Trayvon's family during an April 20 bond hearing, he said he didn't realize Trayvon was so young. But in his call to police moments before the shooting he described Trayvon, who was 17, as in his "teens."

d) Both GI Jane and his wife, GI Joe, lied directly to the courts saying they had no savings… when in fact they had $135,000 in blood money donations

e) In his initial statement to the police, GI Jane tells police that “Martin” jumped out at him from the bushes. Stuck by that story, until police told him “there were no bushes”. Story changed.

f) In is initial statement to the police, GI Jane tells police that when he and Martin came face to face on that sidewalk, Martin said, "What the (expletive)(is) your problem, homey?" That statement gradually morphed into: You, you got a problem? Trayvon’s girlfriend, who was on the phone with him, heard Trayvon say:“Why are you following me for?”

g) In is statement, GI Jane tells police that when he told 911 dispatch he was losing sight of Trayvon, that 911 dispatch told him to move the car to get a better view. On police review of the 911 tape, no such conversation occurred.

h) When answering the question, why did you get out of your truck. Brainiac GI Jane told police that he was going in the same direction as Trayvon… to get the name of the street he was on. Police, to this day, are still wondering HOW you don’t know the name of the street where he has lived for 3 YEARS.

i) Injuries sustained in the struggle come no where near the severity of the described attack.(Getting your head banged on the pavement would surely have resulted in skull fracture… bone bruising at the absolute bare minimum.)

j) No defensive wounds on GI Jane hardly indicate a LIFE AND DEATH struggle.
Ascendo Tuum

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Judged:

Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Definitely stolen. Only an idiot would believe an unemployed thug had a bag full of jewelry that wasn't stolen.
ok dumbazz.... stolen from who??? Who reported it stolen?? Why were no charges laid?? oh ya.... CUZ THEY WEREN'T STOLEN. What a putz! I bet all we are talking about is dime store costume jewellery that he probably bought for his girlfriend.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 51,961 - 51,980 of65,242
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

10 Users are viewing the Violent Crime Forum right now

Search the Violent Crime Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Landmark Bennington lumberyard closing 2 hr markey the masshole 1
Warrick prosecutor files charges against murder... 18 hr Craig 20
Teen's shooting leads to gang sweep in Hainesville (Jun '12) 22 hr Village wanderer 6
Antioch: Shooting near Delta View Apartments wo... 23 hr muh dik 9
Murder-suicide orphans nine Wed Rs Facebook Reporter. 1
One dead in machinery accident after falling in... Wed John 2
Six Shootings in 60 Hours Worry Long Beach Offi... Wed LB Reader 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••