Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

Mar 22, 2012 Full story: Wall Street Journal 66,346

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Full Story
Pompano Jack

Niceville, FL

#64211 Jul 3, 2013
OkieDarren wrote:
<quoted text>
Welfare hasn't "Created" anything except a slightly reduced number in the massive numbers poverty is killing in this nation. NOBODY is being "robbed" by helping the needy.
You are a despicable LIAR in your slurs against Martin Luther King, who WAS a liberal. The man died fighting for a union and for socialist economic justice, for racist right wing thugs to try to pretend King was on your side is truly vile. The dream was about ECONOMIC JUSTICE AND EQUALITY, which your racism and greed opposed then and oppose now. Lowlifes claimed it was about "gimme" then, and still do, and it's ALWAYS been a lie. Conservative greed is about "gimme," liberalism is about helping OTHERS, about compassion for OTHER PEOPLE, it has nothing to do with "gimme."
By the way, if you want to pretend you're about helping people with that "feeling of accomplishment from having a job" the sleazy attacks on so-called "Obamaphones" blows your little game up. Try to get a job with no phone number on your application. You can't. This is about helping people get on their feet, it's also a public safety measure, and it costs an incredibly tiny amount.
But, if you're so choked with greed that you STILL cannot see the need, at least give it the right name.
They're Bushphones. The program was begun by, and supported fully by, the president BEFORE Barack Obama.
Bushphones just doesn't have the same ring to it...pun intended. Whining about "Obamaphones" is like wearing a sign around your neck, "Tool of hate radio". Nobody else has been whining about that for years. Rush is making a clown of you.
You're young, inexperienced, I get it. You haven't lived through truly tough times, haven't watched people adapt and overcome. In my day, there was no option....people moved to where the work was, they engaged, race was no issue. My family did so. My point is simply this........the only thing that sustains the ghetto is welfare. If not for that, blacks and whites would be forced to move to where the country needed the labor....unheard of these days. I lived it; in the end, you come out stronger.
chris532008

Lafayette, LA

#64212 Jul 3, 2013
positronium wrote:
Sharpton is a racist and a marxist.
Marxism is a color of communism and communism is the enemy of the United States.
Communism is our only enemy.
Everything the United States fights against is a color of communism and the roots of it.We are a nation under god.
He is our commander.
He is yours too.
Obama don't listen to him.
He wants to be your MASTER
------IMO------
God wants you to be free.
the us of past fought communist ideals, remember the ties of marting luther king and the communist of russia, yet today these leader revere this head communist, we lost the vietnam war not from ground troop incompetence of non valor but because leadership continually released covered and controlled ground only to fight to get it back latter, it was a contrived loss while the black insurgency effected their socialist policies and the great society which decayed the existence of working people at home, all the while those same families lost thier boys overseas, we have a major problem in this land and till the people see, that the bar association and its associates which have assisted the foisting of this mess on us and that at aminimum they should be inprissioned for life for their crimes against humanity, we have the ability to determine these socio paths like trayvon martin before the age of 12 and have them off the streets for life, the bar association have been extorting trillions against a victimized society for the profit and the destruction of our lives, they need to be held accountable, all should file complaints with the human right commission Complaint Procedure Unit
Human Rights Council Branch
Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights
United Nations Office at Geneva
CH-1211 Geneva 10, Switzerland
Fax:(41 22) 917 90 11 do not email or fax, only written and postage should be less than a dollar, must note that the bar associaiton has not the ability to address issues that they are using unfair advantage in a system that deny s redress of grievance

“Romans 13: 8-10”

Since: Feb 08

Oklahoma City, OK

#64213 Jul 3, 2013
yo white trash wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove it wrong you loser white scum, instead of running that worthless mouth that needs its teeth knocked out.
You were so busy spitting venom and threats (I'm terrified, by the way...snicker) that you failed to actually ask the damn question.

Prove WHAT wrong, idiot?
Easy communication skills

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#64214 Jul 3, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh sure. That's what you do if you suspect a stranger is lurking around possibly out to cause trouble.
Your darn right that's what I would do,especially strapped with a 9mm while this thug looking suspect is circling my car "checking me out".

George was on the phone with the dispatcher when he stated that trayvon was checking him out walking around the car. Right then and there George could have had his verbal confrontation with trayvon on a recorded line.

End of discussion ray.

I am not suggesting that George didn't have a right to defend himself from thug trayvon.

“Romans 13: 8-10”

Since: Feb 08

Oklahoma City, OK

#64215 Jul 3, 2013
yo white trash wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove it wrong you loser white scum, instead of running that worthless mouth that needs its teeth knocked out.
By the way, I've faced down real Klansmen in real life, internet wannabes don't intimidate me.
Pompano Jack

Niceville, FL

#64216 Jul 3, 2013
OkieDarren wrote:
<quoted text>
That "appearance" is only in the racist imagination of whatever hate group has been feeding you this line of bull. There's zero reason to think he was "off track," he sounds like a perfectly normal teenager, who was the victim of a cold-blooded murder while walking back from a harmless trip to the dime store for a damn bag of Skittles. How is that "off-track"? Should people lock kids in the basement until they're 25?
I forget, was it 53 days of school he missed and suspended 3 times? Call me picky...
Pompano Jack

Niceville, FL

#64217 Jul 3, 2013
OkieDarren wrote:
<quoted text>
That "appearance" is only in the racist imagination of whatever hate group has been feeding you this line of bull. There's zero reason to think he was "off track," he sounds like a perfectly normal teenager, who was the victim of a cold-blooded murder while walking back from a harmless trip to the dime store for a damn bag of Skittles. How is that "off-track"? Should people lock kids in the basement until they're 25?
I think 53 days of missed school is off track. Black or white.

“Romans 13: 8-10”

Since: Feb 08

Oklahoma City, OK

#64218 Jul 3, 2013
Pompano Jack wrote:
<quoted text>
I forget, was it 53 days of school he missed and suspended 3 times? Call me picky...
Yeah, a real criminal mastermind. He was suspended for the following "crimes." Having an EMPTY baggie that they thought MIGHT contain a harmless plant. Tardiness. And writing three letters on a bathroom wall.

This merely confirms the point I was making elsewhere, this is about racism. There has been a mountain of studies lately showing that black kids are VASTLY more likely to be suspended from school, that they get more suspensions and much longer suspensions for exactly the same thing.

A white kid who ditched a couple of times, wrote a dirty word on the boys room door, and was found with an EMPTY dime bag of weed would get a firm talking to, maybe detention. The idea that any or all of this deserves 3 suspensions is lunacy.

And the idea that this makes murdering him in cold blood OK is just sick as all hell.

“Romans 13: 8-10”

Since: Feb 08

Oklahoma City, OK

#64219 Jul 3, 2013
Pompano Jack wrote:
<quoted text>
You're young, inexperienced, I get it. You haven't lived through truly tough times, haven't watched people adapt and overcome. In my day, there was no option....people moved to where the work was, they engaged, race was no issue. My family did so. My point is simply this........the only thing that sustains the ghetto is welfare. If not for that, blacks and whites would be forced to move to where the country needed the labor....unheard of these days. I lived it; in the end, you come out stronger.
Shove your condescending crap where the sun don't shine. I am not young or inexperienced. You don't "get" squat. I have seen people "adapt and overcome," I have ALSO seen people crushed by poverty and treated like dirt by our racist society. The idea that because a few can "adapt" we should do NOTHING to help those in need is trash, a lame excuse and intentional lie solely to defend indefensible greed.
The idea that "race was no issue" in the past in this country is hysterical, that time never existed. Whites have ALWAYS had advantages and privilege and that continues to this day. Sitting there claiming they can all just "pull themselves up by their bootstraps" is unrealistic, and exists solely to give cover to those who never in their life dealt with anything close to poverty or struggle or racism.
Welfare does not "sustain the ghetto" it saves lives there. GREED sustains the ghetto. The far right continues to defend inequality, to bust unions and keep slave wages intact, to make sure there's no power or hope for the people that they want kept on the bottom. If people had choices beyond the Army, a jail cell, or the warehouse at WalMart, how the hell would they con people into working at the warehouse at WalMart for those slave wages?

If we had real economic justice, the "ghetto" would not exist, and those crime numbers would evaporate.

Poverty kills hundreds of thousands of people every year, it is dehumanizing and destroys lives even those it does not kill. Your vomit about how you "come out stronger" makes it all sound so noble. Also known as horse manure.
Pompano Jack

Niceville, FL

#64220 Jul 3, 2013
OkieDarren wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, a real criminal mastermind. He was suspended for the following "crimes." Having an EMPTY baggie that they thought MIGHT contain a harmless plant. Tardiness. And writing three letters on a bathroom wall.
This merely confirms the point I was making elsewhere, this is about racism. There has been a mountain of studies lately showing that black kids are VASTLY more likely to be suspended from school, that they get more suspensions and much longer suspensions for exactly the same thing.
A white kid who ditched a couple of times, wrote a dirty word on the boys room door, and was found with an EMPTY dime bag of weed would get a firm talking to, maybe detention. The idea that any or all of this deserves 3 suspensions is lunacy.
And the idea that this makes murdering him in cold blood OK is just sick as all hell.
To be accurate, you didn't say "criminal master mind", you said, "perfectly normal teenager". I'm suggesting that 53 days out of of school isn't perfectly normal.

“Romans 13: 8-10”

Since: Feb 08

Oklahoma City, OK

#64221 Jul 3, 2013
Pompano Jack wrote:
<quoted text>
I think 53 days of missed school is off track. Black or white.
Is there any legitimate source for this claim of 53 days? I've only seen it in the blogs of the extremist right, not in any credible news source.

It's still nowhere close to a reason to blow the kid away.
Truth

Rome, GA

#64226 Jul 3, 2013
DangerousRiteWingCrusader wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sure you'd claim the tape had been doctored if it were to show you the cold-blooded killer in action...

_ Besides the absence of Zimmerman's blood/DNA on Martin's hands and hoodie, Zimmerman got caught lying again, on Hannity's tape!

_ Zimmerman's teacher testified Zimmerman got an A on Criminal Justice course with discussions on the Florida's "Stand Your Ground" law. On Hannity's interview, George said he'd never heard of "Stand Your Ground" law....

- Jury got the picture: George is a cold-blooded liar/cold-blooded murderer...
For starters there is no tape. If there was we wouldn't be having a trial. Also there was DNA on the hoodie. Try and catch up on the evidence. Also George must not have paid any attention during the class. Stand your ground means he could have shot him instead of waiting till he was on his back. Stand your ground doesn't really apply on this case it's self defense that will acquit him. All evidence supports Zimmerman's statement. Just ask the lead detective and witnesses. Also ask the fat ugly girlfriend. Looks like it was racially motivated. What did Trayvon call Zimmerman? Jury did hear it loud and clear. Detective said he believed Zimmerman. Jury heard it loud and clear. You're welcome.
Pompano Jack

Niceville, FL

#64227 Jul 3, 2013
OkieDarren wrote:
<quoted text>
Shove your condescending crap where the sun don't shine. I am not young or inexperienced. You don't "get" squat. I have seen people "adapt and overcome," I have ALSO seen people crushed by poverty and treated like dirt by our racist society. The idea that because a few can "adapt" we should do NOTHING to help those in need is trash, a lame excuse and intentional lie solely to defend indefensible greed.
The idea that "race was no issue" in the past in this country is hysterical, that time never existed. Whites have ALWAYS had advantages and privilege and that continues to this day. Sitting there claiming they can all just "pull themselves up by their bootstraps" is unrealistic, and exists solely to give cover to those who never in their life dealt with anything close to poverty or struggle or racism.

Welfare does not "sustain the ghetto" it saves lives there. GREED sustains the ghetto. The far right continues to defend inequality, to bust unions and keep slave wages intact, to make sure there's no power or hope for the people that they want kept on the bottom. If people had choices beyond the Army, a jail cell, or the warehouse at WalMart, how the hell would they con people into working at the warehouse at WalMart for those slave wages?
If we had real economic justice, the "ghetto" would not exist, and those crime numbers would evaporate.
Poverty kills hundreds of thousands of people every year, it is dehumanizing and destroys lives even those it does not kill. Your vomit about how you "come out stronger" makes it all sound so noble. Also known as horse manure.
Thank you! The Holy Grail!!! So, like I asked you before, explain Dr. Ben Carson.....doesn't quite fit the Walmart, jail cell, or Army example....along with the millions of other people of color who prosper.
Truth

Rome, GA

#64228 Jul 3, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>In that case son, you're making the case for the prosecution since Martin wouldn't know the weapon was there.

You're also making the case that Zimmerman lied about the event.

Are you sure you want to continue with your interpretation of events, son?
Watch the trial idiot. The prosecution witnesses have already proven self defense for Zimmerman. What trial have you been watching. LOL
Truth

Rome, GA

#64229 Jul 3, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Anything that supports Zimmerman or discredits Martin, you will accept.

That fact was established a long time ago son.
It's evidence. Something an idiot like you will overlook for another reason. Move along moron.

“Romans 13: 8-10”

Since: Feb 08

Oklahoma City, OK

#64230 Jul 3, 2013
chris532008--"the us of past fought communist ideals,"

For no good reason whatsoever.

"remember the ties of marting luther king and the communist of russia,"

"Ties" that were entirely fictional, made up by the racist scumbag Hoover. King was a socialist, but the claims of "ties to Moscow" are the same old same old...McCarthyite crap.

"yet today these leader revere this head communist,"

No, we revere this great American, he was not a "communist" let alone the "head".

"we lost the vietnam war not from ground troop incompetence of non valor but because leadership continually released covered and controlled ground only to fight to get it back latter,"

We never should have been there in the first place, should have left LONG before we did, and the idea we'd have "won" anything is a sick lie.

"it was a contrived loss while the black insurgency effected their socialist policies"

Like "people shouldn't work 40 hours a week and still live in crushing poverty", awful policies like that.

"and the great society which decayed the existence of working people at home,"

Lie, it was the greed of scumbag racists on the far right like you which decayed that existence, the great society made life BETTER for working people and the poor, and didn't "decay" anything with the exception of a tiny amount of the massive hoarded wealth of the extremely rich.

"all the while those same families lost thier boys overseas,"

In a war that we should NEVER have been in, to blame those OPPOSED to the war is like blaming the fire department for your house burning down.

"we have a major problem in this land and till the people see, that the bar association and its associates which have assisted the foisting of this mess on us and that at aminimum they should be inprissioned for life for their crimes against humanity,"

The crimes against humanity are being committed by people like you, NOT by those defending the rights of human beings.

"we have the ability to determine these socio paths like trayvon martin before the age of 12"

Sociopath? The guy was murdered in cold blood buying candy and now you Nazis want to turn him into a "Sociopath"? You're a lunatic.

"and have them off the streets for life,"

You scumbags have ALREADY succeeded in locking up millions of young black men for no good reason, it's done nothing good at all...and cost our nation billions.

"the bar association have been extorting trillions against a victimized society for the profit and the destruction of our lives,"

Outright lies.

Tell us, from what hate group have you gotten this load of bushwa? Just curious.

It's also beyond hysterical that the extremist right suddenly has use for the United Nations.
Patriot

Oaxaca, Mexico

#64231 Jul 3, 2013
OkieDarren wrote:
<quoted text>
That "appearance" is only in the racist imagination of whatever hate group has been feeding you this line of bull. There's zero reason to think he was "off track," he sounds like a perfectly normal teenager, who was the victim of a cold-blooded murder while walking back from a harmless trip to the dime store for a damn bag of Skittles. How is that "off-track"? Should people lock kids in the basement until they're 25?
If the parents couldn't control the little hoodlum they shouldve chained his gangsta ass to a tree in the back yard. Why should the white citizenry have to contend with the thieving little dopehead and his habitual violent ass? He got what he needed!
Patriot

Oaxaca, Mexico

#64232 Jul 3, 2013
yo white coward wrote:
<quoted text>
prove it wrong coward
The REGGIN
Blacks—In 2011, the overall rate among blacks in the United States was 1,194.4 cases per 100,000, a 3.8% increase from the 2010 rate of 1,150.4 cases per 100,000. The rate of chlamydia among black women was over six times the rate among white women (1,563.0 and 232.7 per 100,000 women, respectively)(Figure O). The chlamydia rate among black men was over nine times the rate among white men (787.7 and 82.3 cases per 100,000 men, respectively).
Chlamydia rates were highest for blacks aged 15–19 and 20–24 years in 2011 (Table 11B). The chlamydia rate among black females aged 15–19 years was 7,507.1 cases per 100,000 women, which was almost six times the rate among white females in the same age group (1,301.5). The rate among black women aged 20–24 years was 4.8 times the rate among white women in the same age group (Table 11B).
In Atlanta, African-Americans are 54 percent of the population, but are responsible for 100 percent of homicide, 95 percent of rape, 94 percent of robbery, 84 percent of aggravated assault, and 93 percent of burglary.
Source: APD Uniform Crime Reports, Apr 2011 to Apr 2012
Weapons violations are committed by Blacks at nearly 5 times the rate for Whites;
Blacks are caught receiving or buying stolen property at nearly 5 times the rate for Whites;
Blacks are involved in prostitution at almost 4 times the rate for Whites;
Blacks are arrested for drug crimes at over 4 times the rate for Whites;
Blacks are more than three times as likely as Whites to be caught at forgery, counterfeiting, and fraud, and almost three times as likely to be caught at embezzlement;
Blacks are more than 3 times as likely to be thieves as Whites;
Blacks are more than 4 times as likely to commit assault as Whites;
Blacks are almost 4.5 times as likely to steal a motor vehicle;
Blacks are more than 5 times as likely to commit forcible rape as Whites;
Blacks are over 8 times as likely to commit murder as Whites;
Blacks are more than 10 times as likely to commit robbery as Whites;
Nearly 25% of all Black males between the ages of 20 and 29 are in jail or on probation - this does not include those wanted or awaiting trial;
For all violent crimes considered together, Blacks are almost 5.5 times more likely to commit violent criminal acts than Whites; all this according to the FBI Uniform Crime Report.
One disease is dead, now for the rest of you leeches.
OMG You've hit em with facts again. That should shut their big fat lips for awhile and give those bluegums some rest hahaha! You must realize you need an audio link for most of em. They speak Jeantel and not English hahaha!

“Romans 13: 8-10”

Since: Feb 08

Oklahoma City, OK

#64233 Jul 3, 2013
yo white coward wrote:
<quoted text>
prove it wrong coward
The REGGIN
Blacks—In 2011, the overall rate among blacks in the United States was 1,194.4 cases per 100,000, a 3.8% increase from the 2010 rate of 1,150.4 cases per 100,000. The rate of chlamydia among black women was over six times the rate among white women (1,563.0 and 232.7 per 100,000 women, respectively)(Figure O). The chlamydia rate among black men was over nine times the rate among white men (787.7 and 82.3 cases per 100,000 men, respectively).
Chlamydia rates were highest for blacks aged 15–19 and 20–24 years in 2011 (Table 11B). The chlamydia rate among black females aged 15–19 years was 7,507.1 cases per 100,000 women, which was almost six times the rate among white females in the same age group (1,301.5). The rate among black women aged 20–24 years was 4.8 times the rate among white women in the same age group (Table 11B).
In Atlanta, African-Americans are 54 percent of the population, but are responsible for 100 percent of homicide, 95 percent of rape, 94 percent of robbery, 84 percent of aggravated assault, and 93 percent of burglary.
Source: APD Uniform Crime Reports, Apr 2011 to Apr 2012
Weapons violations are committed by Blacks at nearly 5 times the rate for Whites;
Blacks are caught receiving or buying stolen property at nearly 5 times the rate for Whites;
Blacks are involved in prostitution at almost 4 times the rate for Whites;
Blacks are arrested for drug crimes at over 4 times the rate for Whites;
Blacks are more than three times as likely as Whites to be caught at forgery, counterfeiting, and fraud, and almost three times as likely to be caught at embezzlement;
Blacks are more than 3 times as likely to be thieves as Whites;
Blacks are more than 4 times as likely to commit assault as Whites;
Blacks are almost 4.5 times as likely to steal a motor vehicle;
Blacks are more than 5 times as likely to commit forcible rape as Whites;
Blacks are over 8 times as likely to commit murder as Whites;
Blacks are more than 10 times as likely to commit robbery as Whites;
Nearly 25% of all Black males between the ages of 20 and 29 are in jail or on probation - this does not include those wanted or awaiting trial;
For all violent crimes considered together, Blacks are almost 5.5 times more likely to commit violent criminal acts than Whites; all this according to the FBI Uniform Crime Report.
One disease is dead, now for the rest of you leeches.
So, you spam us with the same pack of racist lies. YES, blacks are more likely to be in jail, because of racist pigs and our sorry excuse for a "justice" system. IT reamins a LIE, Ku Klux Klan BULL to claim they commit 8 times more murder. They are CONVICTED 8 times more, that's nowhere CLOSE to the same thing. You also neglected to mention that blacks are also the VICTIMS of much of that crime, but you don't care if blacks die.

The weapons thing is particularly hysterical, a PERFECT example of this being about NOTHING but cops targeting blacks. They're vastly more likely to be stopped, many TIMES more likely to have their car searched. White good ole boy has a gun, cop says "Hey, be careful with that." Black guy has one, it's the state pen.

You can memorize and parrot this pack of lies to your Klan buddies, but in the REAL world this is not evidence that blacks are criminals, it's evidence that our system is as racist as the sky is blue.

You're living proof of how insane the idea that white people have more character or honesty than black people is. Absolute insanity.
Pompano Jack

Niceville, FL

#64234 Jul 3, 2013
OkieDarren wrote:
<quoted text>
Shove your condescending crap where the sun don't shine. I am not young or inexperienced. You don't "get" squat. I have seen people "adapt and overcome," I have ALSO seen people crushed by poverty and treated like dirt by our racist society. The idea that because a few can "adapt" we should do NOTHING to help those in need is trash, a lame excuse and intentional lie solely to defend indefensible greed.
The idea that "race was no issue" in the past in this country is hysterical, that time never existed. Whites have ALWAYS had advantages and privilege and that continues to this day. Sitting there claiming they can all just "pull themselves up by their bootstraps" is unrealistic, and exists solely to give cover to those who never in their life dealt with anything close to poverty or struggle or racism.
Welfare does not "sustain the ghetto" it saves lives there. GREED sustains the ghetto. The far right continues to defend inequality, to bust unions and keep slave wages intact, to make sure there's no power or hope for the people that they want kept on the bottom. If people had choices beyond the Army, a jail cell, or the warehouse at WalMart, how the hell would they con people into working at the warehouse at WalMart for those slave wages?
If we had real economic justice, the "ghetto" would not exist, and those crime numbers would evaporate.
Poverty kills hundreds of thousands of people every year, it is dehumanizing and destroys lives even those it does not kill. Your vomit about how you "come out stronger" makes it all sound so noble. Also known as horse manure.
You ARE young....you have to be. Saves lives my rear end. In the day, no one died due to hunger.... you moved to get work so you could afford food. Its so funny, you have no concept of what its like to live without welfare......no help at all....I do. Tell you what cuz, you learn to love potato pancakes and hand-me-downs, and you can take you gov hand outs..........my Father was too proud to accept welfare, so am I, and so are my kids. We work.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Holly Bobo suspect indicted on 2 counts of rape 2 hr mommy1st 132
Elicia Hughes Murder Trial - Testimony Begins (Jan '08) 3 hr tolosthope 135
Chicago teen testifies about simple argument qu... 11 hr MARK TRAINA 2
The Latest Alleged Murder in Bradford 18 hr duh 5
Oklahoma cop's body-cam shows fatal police shoo... Sat Kelly 1
This black woman was shot dead by Ann Arbor pol... Sat Batch 37 Pain Is ... 5
Officer involved shooting in Dinuba (Sep '10) Fri keysmith 4
More from around the web