Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks ...

Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

There are 66305 comments on the Wall Street Journal story from Mar 22, 2012, titled Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media. In it, Wall Street Journal reports that:

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wall Street Journal.

“ Impulsive, bone in her teeth”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#64019 Jul 2, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. The prosecution needs you because so far their own witnesses haven't made those statements.
So far the prosecutions wittness's are helping the defence
Angered American

Rochester, MN

#64020 Jul 2, 2013
Goldwaterite wrote:
<quoted text>
With today's corrupt media, political correctness always trumps the facts.
very true
rich stevens

Arvada, CO

#64021 Jul 2, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
No he doesn't and he didn't. He was afraid of the crazy man who followed him in his vehicle then got out and chased him down while Trayvon was trying to hide from him. That's why Zimmerman murdered the kid in cold blood, he didn't show respect. He did show fear.
When are you testifying? The persecutors really need your expertise and testimony. Because so far they've put on a great case for acquittal.
Patriot

Mexico, Mexico

#64022 Jul 2, 2013
Kennny D wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did you get you go to school if you did ? You sound like you are a graduate of Ku Klux Klan University ... of Redneck Racism .
Well aint you just a super queenie for the day. I notice you appeasers and apologists are always gonna try and silence the WHITE folks by accusations and associations however false they may be. Are you part Afrikan or just a plain POS? At least a jig thinks hes bitchin and whining and begging for a reason. SOBs like you are just weak minded ass kissers hahaha.Just GFY you goofy greaseball!

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#64023 Jul 2, 2013
TonyT1961 wrote:
Zimmerman is going down - you people obviously are not watching the trial.
I've only been able to watch a little each day but I have seen enough to agree with you, Zimmerman will pay for murdering Trayvon.

The convicts are gonna love his fat ass.

He will learn fear, the kind poor Trayvon felt as he was begging for his life.
Truth

Rome, GA

#64024 Jul 2, 2013
Ed Teach wrote:
<quoted text>So far the prosecutions wittness's are helping the defence
They sure have.
Truth

Rome, GA

#64026 Jul 2, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>I've only been able to watch a little each day but I have seen enough to agree with you, Zimmerman will pay for murdering Trayvon.

The convicts are gonna love his fat ass.

He will learn fear, the kind poor Trayvon felt as he was begging for his life.
Sorry but the witness already testified it was Zimmerman in the bottom screaming. I agree that you have watched little of the trial. Try watching more so you don't make a fool out of yourself when you post.

“The Truth Can Hurt:”

Since: Jul 11

Central Florida

#64027 Jul 2, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>Well aint you just a super queenie for the day. I notice you appeasers and apologists are always gonna try and silence the WHITE folks by accusations and associations however false they may be. Are you part Afrikan or just a plain POS? At least a jig thinks hes bitchin and whining and begging for a reason. SOBs like you are just weak minded ass kissers hahaha.Just GFY you goofy greaseball!
I guess that you didn't even go to school and get an education since when you don't have any facts backing you up; you resort to name calling and showing your lack of maturity and education .....

Just so you know; I am a white male ... German heritage .. served my country during the Viet Nam Conflict .. took a bullet for my country .. then served in Federal law Enforcement for Five years ....

What have YOU done for your country ? Anything ???
Truth

Rome, GA

#64028 Jul 2, 2013
So far the prosecution has proven beyond a reasonable doubt that Martin is dead and he had some skittles and tea. Just doesn't meet the elements of 2nd degree murder. This case may never go to the jury. If the Judge is competent there will be a directed verdict. There still is the possibility of a stand your ground hearing also. If convicted it would definitely be overturned by a higher court. In the end he walks. It's just self defense.
wonders

United States

#64030 Jul 2, 2013
DangerousRiteWingCrusader wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, somebody else pointed out that the gun recoiling motion could be responsible for Zimmerman's nose injury as he was so close to Martin.
Zimmerman said Martin used both of his hands to pinch George's nose and cover his mouth when he shot Trayvon. If he's telling the truth we expect to find blood from Zimmerman's nose on Martin's hands and clothing. If no trace of blood is found on Martin's hands and sleeves, gun recoiling maybe responsible for Zimmerman's broken nose, not a punch to the nose as we've been led to believe...
but that night it had been raining,trayvon was face down in the grass with his hands under him...look at the pictures. also george was wet on his back and seat of his pants..which means he was on the bottom. if it was grorge's gun that broke his nose...why is there no blood on the gun? and why didnt george have gun powder on his face?
Inspector Beaver 2

New York, NY

#64032 Jul 2, 2013
Kennny D wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did you get you go to school if you did ? You sound like you are a graduate of Ku Klux Klan University ... of Redneck Racism .
Chill my n**ga!...I ain't no racist. You don't even know me....But what I know about you is that you hate George Zimmerman because he represents authority,...and he defended himself against a vicious brutal attack by a black man,...and he shot the kid. But what you hate most about him is because he's white, or else you wouldn't be throwing an innocent man under the bus.

An innocent man who is STILL fighting for his life.

If you want your childeren to be safe then pray reverend,...but don't call an innocent man a murderer,...don't you think he has suffered enough?
Truth

Rome, GA

#64034 Jul 2, 2013
wonders wrote:
<quoted text>but that night it had been raining,trayvon was face down in the grass with his hands under him...look at the pictures. also george was wet on his back and seat of his pants..which means he was on the bottom. if it was grorge's gun that broke his nose...why is there no blood on the gun? and why didnt george have gun powder on his face?
Because the gun didn't hit his face. Some are going to dispute any evidence and witness testimony. It's kind of pathetic.
Truth

Rome, GA

#64035 Jul 2, 2013
Incredulous wrote:
<quoted text>wasn't that the prosecutions witness? Sounds like the judge is a little corrupt if she is going to remove some of the testimony in order to help the govt. An 'executive' order from the number 1 racist, Obama?
Probably did more to hurt the prosecution. Reminding the jury once again that the lead Detective said he believed Zimmerman but to forget that ever happened. I don't think they will forget.
buckwheat

Tulsa, OK

#64036 Jul 2, 2013
This case is a perfect example why the judicial system is no longer working the way it was intended. EVERY SINGLE PERSON who has read this story had their minds made up instantly. On one side he is guilty without a doubt. On the other side he is not guilty without a doubt.

Whichever side you are on, you made your mind up right out of the gate, one way or the other, with ABSOLUTELY no evidence either way. Admit it. I know I did. How can anyone get a fair trial these days with all of the technology that we have. All the jurors were bombarded with this shit from day.

If it is based solely on the evidence, Zimmerman is NOT GUILTY by reason of self-defense.

I won't argue with anybody about, because you all know I'm right.
chris532008

Lafayette, LA

#64037 Jul 2, 2013
Kennny D wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did you get you go to school if you did ? You sound like you are a graduate of Ku Klux Klan University ... of Redneck Racism .yo
you sound like an under performing 8th grader, how can a person have the advantage of the knowledge collected over the past 100 years and make such remarks, absolutely doumbfounding
wonders

United States

#64038 Jul 2, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably did more to hurt the prosecution. Reminding the jury once again that the lead Detective said he believed Zimmerman but to forget that ever happened. I don't think they will forget.
i dont think they will forget either,or the rude obnixious thing that was on the stand as their star witness.omara has turned out to be a very smart lawyer,i think hes doing a good job for gz.
chris532008

Lafayette, LA

#64039 Jul 2, 2013
Incredulous wrote:
<quoted text> wasn't that the prosecutions witness? Sounds like the judge is a little corrupt if she is going to remove some of the testimony in order to help the govt. An 'executive' order from the number 1 racist, Obama?
unfortunately most of them are corrupt and on the take
chris532008

Lafayette, LA

#64040 Jul 2, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets see. No evidence Zimmerman chased down the athletic football player. Witness identified Zimmerman being assaulted and screaming help. No injuries other than a gunshot wound and scraped knuckles on Martin. Investigator said he believed Zimmerman's statement. More than enough reasonable doubt and we haven't even got to the defense witnesses.
well the scraped knuckles could be because of having forgotten his high heel platform shoes and naturally the knuckles will hang low
Inspector Beaver 2

New York, NY

#64041 Jul 2, 2013
Well, another good day for the defense, and they haven't even started yet.

Inconsistencies?...Really?...

Patience!...All will be revealed.

Acquittal!

On all charges.
wonders

United States

#64042 Jul 2, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Because the gun didn't hit his face. Some are going to dispute any evidence and witness testimony. It's kind of pathetic.
but still,holding a gun close enough to break his own nose...there would be gun powder on his face.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 4 dead in Waffle House shooting in Tennessee; s... 31 min Impeach the Creep 52
News More 10 hr jack cass 2
News Waffle House suspect's ex-bosses asked FBI to k... Wed get a job 2
News Attorney: California police shot unarmed black ... Wed it is obvious 1
News If an assault weapons ban can't stop school sho... Wed southern at heart 941
News Nashville police arrest Waffle House shooting s... Apr 24 FormerParatrooper 1
News Homicide rate in Knoxville, Knox County hits hi... Apr 23 Grapedrankatania 12