Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks ...

Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

There are 66306 comments on the Wall Street Journal story from Mar 22, 2012, titled Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media. In it, Wall Street Journal reports that:

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wall Street Journal.

Since: May 08

Deltona Fla

#63698 Jul 1, 2013
Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, no, ever hear of a citizens arrest? Just because you are a member of a neighborhood watch does not take your basic rights away from you. I walk around every day with hollow points in my gun, do you know why you want hollow points? Two reasons, yes they do expand to disable a suspect better, however, they also are not as likely to pass through the first person and go down the block and strike an innocent person.
By the way, the trial is not going so well for the prosecution. First star witness was a self admitted liar (not lier) and the well paid expert stated that neither he or any other expert could tell who was yelling during the 911 call.
So far the evidence shows Martin as the aggressor and remember the right to escalate force to include lethal resides in the mind of the shooter, only he knows the extent of his fear for his life.
Citizens arrest? What was Zimmermen attempting to arrest Martin for? Sorry again Sherlock. Hollow points are designed to create maximun damage to its intended victem. Zimmermen says that is how some air martial he knows carries his weapon. I guess someone forgot to tell Zimmermen that he is not an air martial. The requirements of an air martial who may need to use his gun at a seconds notice against a terrorist in a pressurized cabin at 40,000 ft are a little different than that of a neighborhood watch captain on his way to Target. It shows a predisposition on Zimmermens part to use deadly force.
Inspector Beaver 2

Montréal, Canada

#63699 Jul 1, 2013
swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>Even the cop who first interviewed Zimmermen did not believe his story about Martin hiding somewhere, and suddenly appearing out of nowhere. When she looked around the only thing to hide behind were some 2ft high hedges in front of the AC units. Her first reaction was it would be very difficult for a person Martin's size to hide in that rear area. That was my reaction a year ago when I first heard Zimmermen's story. Considering that Martin was also on the phone at the time it would difficult to believe that Zimmeremn did not hear Martin before seeing him.
LIAR!!!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#63700 Jul 1, 2013
Speakeasys wrote:
<quoted text> MY gosh blue,, did you hear about the nutcase who grabbed a woman baby out of the shopping cart at wal mart in palm beach. He held this child at knife point and finally a police officer blew his brains out at point blank range. The video footage is frighting. And people like nacy grace wonder why a person would go to target or walmart with a gun.. go figure..
Your right...But, i don't think it was here, it may have been out west somewhere, maybe Oklahoma.....Yeah, a tough situation, and that detective had brass balls....Great ending, kids safe, lite paperwork and little expenses for our taxpayers.....Officer of the Year....

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#63701 Jul 1, 2013
Inspector Beaver 2 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not what happened,...Martin taunted Zimmerman and it turns out Martin was the one who was stalking Zimmerman. Martin hid then he viciously assaulted Zimmerman.
Zimmerman was not following Martin.
Listen to the testimony, then try to use that walnut sized brain you got there to process the information.
He was actually lucid and capable of intelligent conversation at one time....this weak prosecution is really getting to some of them.....
Inspector Beaver 2

Montréal, Canada

#63702 Jul 1, 2013
Incredulous wrote:
<quoted text>And yet the media and a large part of society venerate him. Jaime Foxx and friends can sport their racist slop as the media picks the lint out of their butts but they will continue to smell like sh,!t stained racist a-holes.
No one cares what those fem boys say except the racist Martin supporters themselves, and the guilty white rcaist scumbags who never even seen a black man in their entire sh!t eatin' lives let alone lived and worked in the African American community.

That's why they feel guilty!

Deltona Fla

#63703 Jul 1, 2013
<quoted text>
That's not what happened,...Martin taunted Zimmerman and it turns out Martin was the one who was stalking Zimmerman. Martin hid then he viciously assaulted Zimmerman.
Zimmerman was not following Martin.
Listen to the testimony, then try to use that walnut sized brain you got there to process the information.
Where did Martin hide dim wit? Behind the 2 ft high X 3 ft long hedge in front of the AC? Maybe he was hiding behind the 4 inch wide tree by the sidewalk. The first cop who interviewed Zimmermen found it unlikely there was any place in the rear area big enough for Martin to hide behind. I know, the hoody he was wearing was really a secret Klingon cloaking device and when Martin raised his hood he completely disappeared from sight even though he was standing right in front of Zimmermen.
Inspector Beaver 2

Montréal, Canada

#63706 Jul 1, 2013
rcaist = racist

Deltona Fla

#63707 Jul 1, 2013
<quoted text>
LIAR!!!
That todays testimony. Sorry if it doesn't fit Zimm's story or your spin. It is however exactly what I have been saying since the very beginning. First time I heard Zimm's story I said he was lieing. There is just no place to hide back there.
Inspector Beaver 2

Montréal, Canada

#63708 Jul 1, 2013
swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>Where did Martin hide dim wit? Behind the 2 ft high X 3 ft long hedge in front of the AC? Maybe he was hiding behind the 4 inch wide tree by the sidewalk. The first cop who interviewed Zimmermen found it unlikely there was any place in the rear area big enough for Martin to hide behind. I know, the hoody he was wearing was really a secret Klingon cloaking device and when Martin raised his hood he completely disappeared from sight even though he was standing right in front of Zimmermen.
BS!...you racist aggitator!

Those bushes were high enough to hide the AC compressors, and it was pitch dark outside,...and it was raining.

So you're saying there was no place for Martin to hide?...Is that what you're saying?...ROFLMFAO!

...and the officer testified under oath that there were no inconsistant statements "of any significance" made by Zimmerman during her interview.

Eat sh!t and die you lying racist scumbag POS!

Ha ha ha...all you guys have left are lies and BS!

What ya gonna do when the Z-Man comes for YOU?

Acquittal!
Patriot

Oaxaca, Mexico

#63709 Jul 1, 2013
The funny part. And there is one is that all these witnesses that have done little more than assist the defense wera actually prosecution witnesses hahaha. If that's the best, and it is, thing they've got to offer this is a joke. I cant wait until the defense calls their witnesses for a total destruction of the false charges!
Patriot

Oaxaca, Mexico

#63711 Jul 1, 2013
swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>That todays testimony. Sorry if it doesn't fit Zimm's story or your spin. It is however exactly what I have been saying since the very beginning. First time I heard Zimm's story I said he was lieing. There is just no place to hide back there.
Evidently you are commenting on something else. We are referring to the Zimmerman trial. Victory is near. Right over wrong. Good over evil. White over black. however you wish to phrase it! Hahaha. You woulod make a good black. Appeasers always do. Hahaha
Inspector Beaver 2

Montréal, Canada

#63712 Jul 1, 2013
swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>That todays testimony. Sorry if it doesn't fit Zimm's story or your spin. It is however exactly what I have been saying since the very beginning. First time I heard Zimm's story I said he was lieing. There is just no place to hide back there.
Brush your teeth!
Inspector Beaver

Montréal, Canada

#63719 Jul 1, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>He was actually lucid and capable of intelligent conversation at one time....this weak prosecution is really getting to some of them.....
Yes it is!...I think it's even getting to Sub-rinna!

I don't know if you noticed, but she was blinking her eyes 3 times a second,...what happened?...is she getting nervous listening to the testimony about her would be murderous son?

She sat stone faced for days, she only blinked as often as Halley's comet flew by,...but now she can't stop!

Guilt?
Inspector Beaver

Montréal, Canada

#63728 Jul 1, 2013
That's Mz. Chicken Bone!

Deltona Fla

#63730 Jul 1, 2013
<quoted text>
BS!...you racist aggitator!
Those bushes were high enough to hide the AC compressors, and it was pitch dark outside,...and it was raining.
So you're saying there was no place for Martin to hide?...Is that what you're saying?...ROFLMFAO!
...and the officer testified under oath that there were no inconsistant statements "of any significance" made by Zimmerman during her interview.
Eat sh!t and die you lying racist scumbag POS!
Ha ha ha...all you guys have left are lies and BS!
What ya gonna do when the Z-Man comes for YOU?
Acquittal!
The hedge is only 2 ft tall and no more than 3 ft from end to end with an AC behide it. How do you hide behind that? It was raining on and off. At the time Zimmermen got out of his car the rain had almost stopped. If it was raining hard the little candy ass never would have gotten out of his car. So according to Zimmermen, Martin was able to sneak up on him, in a wide open area, while talking on the phone, while Zimmermen was looking for Martin. So as usual you reject the ovious and instead spewing a lot of accusations and moronic name calling because all you are interested in is spreading your Rat Wing hate. Of course if you stayed with the facts you would be as screwed as Zimmermen.
Woof

La Salle, IL

#63731 Jul 1, 2013
Guilty verdict...paying 10-1.
Not guilty verdict...paying 2-5.
Smart money says acquittal!
What say you?
How much for a hung verdict??
Patriot

Oaxaca, Mexico

#63732 Jul 1, 2013
Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, actually no, I always carry my gun which is loaded with +P Hollow Points. Why, because they are effective stopping rounds and the chance of passing through is not near as great as Copper Jacketed Round Nose Bullets. By the way, about six weeks ago I was to meet one of my coworkers in Greensboro NC and did not know the area and told him I would meet him at Martin Luther King Rd. Well to make a long story short I was waiting in the lot of a McDonalds and a black male walked up to the car and asked if I were alone and I took my hand from my lap and exposed my gun and said, not really, I was there with Bill Ruger and his nine children.
Good for you. More white citizens should go locked and loaded. It makes for a more pleasant atmosphere. An armed society is a polite society. I like the expansion of hollow points. The decision to go hollow or go solid depends on the individual and the circumstances of course. Some favor mixed loads. One theory is the hollow point mushrooms and opens up to form a larger wound and less penetration. However in urban combat situations the penetration of meta, wood and glass can be an asset. Plus a good heavy projectile plowing completely through allowing a huge exit would also increases bleeding which is a desirable effect when stopping an enemy. Personally I don't spend much time worrying about what happens to the bullet if it passes through the target. Im a DVC advocate myself. Good luck and God Bless.
Angry UN-Hyphenated Guy

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#63733 Jul 1, 2013
Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, actually no, I always carry my gun which is loaded with +P Hollow Points. Why, because they are effective stopping rounds and the chance of passing through is not near as great as Copper Jacketed Round Nose Bullets. By the way, about six weeks ago I was to meet one of my coworkers in Greensboro NC and did not know the area and told him I would meet him at Martin Luther King Rd. Well to make a long story short I was waiting in the lot of a McDonalds and a black male walked up to the car and asked if I were alone and I took my hand from my lap and exposed my gun and said, not really, I was there with Bill Ruger and his nine children.
I went to a Florida Panther Hockey game in 1993. I had my lil friend with me on my lap as we waited to get out of the parking lot while the unhyphenated folk came out of the hood for a shake down on we unhyphenated-folk stuck in gridlock-EZ pickens. I had my AC on and windows up but when a hyphenated guy came up to the window and demanded his 'tribute', I also smiled and pointed to my lap-he shuffled right off!
Inspector Beaver

Montréal, Canada

#63734 Jul 1, 2013
Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
I listened to her testimony in court and I did not hear that. First you say that Martin could NOT hide and then you say that since he did Zimmerman would have heard him? Get your facts and story straight. You are starting to sound like Mrs. Chicken Bones who was the prosecution star witness.
I didn't hear the officr say that either. Swamppud's last resort is to lie. It's what he does best...other than eat his young.

He's got his facts straight, he's just another racist enword trying to pass as a white man on an annonymous discussion forum.

Deltona Fla

#63736 Jul 1, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
You're getting closer to reality. Now ask yourself: who was Martin on the phone with? Police, or his oversized girlfriend?
That alone should tell you how fearful he was of Zimmerman.
It does not matter who he was on the phone with. He was talking on the phone in a wide open area. Zimmermen would be able to hear him well before he could see him. He could probably hear Martins voice echoing up the rear walkway before he ever rounded the corner to get Martin in sight. So according to Zimmermen, Martin was hiding where the was no place to hide and was able to sneak up on Zimmermen while talking on the phone while Zimmermen was looking for him. And you are dumd enough to believe that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Vice Lords feel squeeze of arrests (Jul '06) Tue advice 377
News True crime isn't as true in its depiction of fe... Tue Let It Snow 4
News Attorney General takes issue with Bell ads Mon MR JOHN NORRIS 1
News Arrest made in Saturday night murder (Oct '07) Mon St_Louis 44
News Police seek murder suspect (Oct '07) Sun HisGirl 48
News Downtown Las Vegas drive-by shooting followed t... Jan 14 NeoCrusader7 1
News City of Bardstown, former police chief McKenzie... Jan 13 I Eat Poo Poo 11
More from around the web