Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks ...

Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

There are 66312 comments on the Wall Street Journal story from Mar 22, 2012, titled Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media. In it, Wall Street Journal reports that:

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wall Street Journal.

too funny

New York, NY

#63157 Jun 29, 2013
RuffnReddy wrote:
<quoted text>But according to all the residents who have testified so far, they were drawn to the common area between the buildings by loud voices-arguing voices that went on for a time (up to two minutes) prior to the yelps and gunshot.
Why were the two arguing?
Could it be that George was attempting to detain the youth by some means?
What did you make of Rachel Jeantel when she peeked through the towel while she was wiping her dry eyes?...lol!

“always”

Since: May 12

Ticklaw

#63158 Jun 29, 2013
swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>Even Zimmermen claims that Martin asked if he had a problem. He claims that Martin then suddenly punched him, knocking him to the ground and started slaming his head against the sidewalk. All the nieghbors who heard the fight say there was a loud exchange of words first. George seems to be leaving a lot out of his story.
He's leaving out that he initiated the violence by attempting to detain the youth.

George also left out that he was checking out the mail kiosk.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#63159 Jun 29, 2013
Traybon B Algone wrote:
<quoted text>he violated none of traybons rights....following is not a crime.
putting his big fat cop wannabe hands on him is.

Martin didn't follow the pedophile, the peedophile followed Martin. Martin didn't grab the pedophile, the pedophile decided he'd show the cops how it was done and he took it upon himself to detain Marin.

And everyone knows that is exactly what happened here.

Your short fat sh!t polished turd decided he'd be the cop and he'd detain Martin because he already decided that Martin was a burglar.
too funny

New York, NY

#63160 Jun 29, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You presume that Pinocchio would try to fight off someone who was shoving a dick up his azz.

Sounds like another Pinocchio tea party to me.
Sounds like a personal problem you got there.

Next time try a butt plug when your boyfriend has his eyes on the prize.

Location hidden

#63162 Jun 29, 2013
too funny wrote:
Next time try a butt plug when your boyfriend has his eyes on the prize.
Is that how it works for you, dear?

What's your buttplug's name?

Location hidden

#63163 Jun 29, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
That's very questionable:
7:13:41 — Zimmerman's call to Sanford police ends.[15]
7:16:00 - 7:16:59 —
So much for your theory that the pedophile only followed the boy for less than ten seconds, Pinocchio.

You m/f c/s liar.

Location hidden

#63164 Jun 29, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
So there is about 2 1/2 minutes from the time Zim hung up the phone with 911 to the time of the fight being known in progress. I simply can't imagine that this supposed argument started that quickly after Zim hung up with police.
You told us that the pedophile followed Martin for no more than ten seconds.

You m/f c/s liar.

Did you forget this?

Argument?

Your fatsh!t polished turd decided he was going to show the local cops how he would do it if only he were a real cop.

There was no argument, he grabbed for Martin and the Martin boy fought back.
Cat74

United States

#63165 Jun 29, 2013
If my children were out in the night walking in the rain, looking like they had nothing better to do, on a school night, and an adult asked them what they were doing they would respectfully answer. Why? Because they would have nothing to hide. Trayvon was all hopped up on dope, and had much to hide. He was talking to his girl friend, and wanted her to know how tough he was, well, he wasn't tough enough. If I was Zimmerman I would sue Trayvons parents for raising him like a disrespectful child, and having me falsely arrested, and causing so much anguish.
Triple Chin

New York, NY

#63168 Jun 29, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
That's very questionable:
7:13:41 — Zimmerman's call to Sanford police ends.[15]
7:16:00 - 7:16:59 — Martin's call from the girl goes dead during this minute.[15][16]
7:16:11 — First 911 call from witness about a fight, calls for help heard.[17]
7:16:55 — Gunshot heard on 911 call.[18
So there is about 2 1/2 minutes from the time Zim hung up the phone with 911 to the time of the fight being known in progress. I simply can't imagine that this supposed argument started that quickly after Zim hung up with police.
Pretend you need the police right now. Take out your phone and pretend you are dialing 911. It takes a few seconds to evaluate what's going on, to make the decision to call police, then to take out your phone, dial 911, and get connected. I really don't think the so-called argument was that long before a physical attack took place.
Martin was hiding and attacked Zim in the pitch black of night. There is no other explanation. When you take into consideration the fact that it would have only taken a few seconds for Martin to run to the safety of his daddy's house but hung around to ambush George because Jeantel told him to "kick that creepy-ass crackers ass," no wonder she said she had guilt!

There should be an outcry for charges of perjury to be brought against her. Seriously!
Cat74

United States

#63172 Jun 29, 2013
So, Trayvon had a phone. He was talking to his girlfriend. If he feared for his life why didn't he call 911? Oh, that's right, he was all hopped up on pot. Then why didn't his friend call 911. She didn't know he was all hopped up on pot, or did she? Hmm. Can't call the cops if you are breaking the law. Zimmerman on the other hand did call the police. Guess he didn't intend on shooting his assailant after all. Don't you think the jury can figure that out?

Location hidden

#63173 Jun 29, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
If my children were out in the night walking in the rain,
Your children are out at night walking in the rain all the time, bending over, asking strange men if they want a date.

They take after you.

PS: the boy was on the way home from buying a bag of candy and a can of tea. He was outside on the phone because he wanted some privacy.

The world is full of people who don't live on the couch waiting for the food stamps to come in, LyingC*t74.

And there isn't human being on the face of this planet that would ask you for parenting advice.

Location hidden

#63174 Jun 29, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
CBS/AP) SANFORD, Fla.- A volunteer coordinator with the Sanford Police Department testified Tuesday that murder suspect George Zimmerman was concerned about burglaries in his neighborhood and contacted her about starting a neighborhood watch program.
Neighborhood Watch volunteers aren't allowed to carry firearms.

They are told to carry cell phones.

The pedophile didn't see himself as a neighborhood watch, he saw himself as the sheriff of this gated community.

Nevermind no one else did.

We all know this kind of self-appointed cop wannabees.

Certainly: your section eight neighbors know you, Pinocchio.
incredulous

Carmel, IN

#63175 Jun 29, 2013
Opinionated wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand where your coming from,But according to Rachael Jeantel, he was attacked while on the phone with her, she said she heard Zimmerman say "what are you doing around here" and a bump, and Trayvon saying "get off me" from testimony, I would concur that Zimmerman confronted him in some way. while still on the phone, so maybe he didn't get the chance to call the police or go back home, or maybe he didn't think the situation called for that, because he wasn't planning on violence, or Zimmerman being violent. But somehow it got violent.
Evidence shows, Zimmerman had more injures, implying Trayvon was winning the fight, proving Zimmerman was scared for his life,and possibly excusing Zimmermans killing of Martin. However the fact remains that Zimmerman caused this, by not taking the proper steps in addressing the situation.
(side note: IF Zimmerman had been a police officer, Martin would have recognized the person as non threatening in my opinion, instead of some 'white' guy following him.)
And Trayvon calling him a cracker does not necessarily mean he has a hatred for whites. People can say racists things without being racist. I myself have and honestly do from time to time. with my own race and others. But I am in no way a racist. The same with Paula Dean, I don't think she's racist. I don't think Zimmerman is racist either, slightly prejudice and jaded, but not racist.
And to answer you question: Zimmerman could have made better decisions that night. But did those decisions make him a murderer?
No, Not a murderer. I don't think this was premeditated personally. We have a right to bare arms, and I think he had it to protect himself just in case(it could have been, I wasn't in his head that night) But I do think he is guilty of taking a life, out of fear of his own life being taken. In a Situation that could have been avoided.
For Trayvon and his family, Zimmerman should get time, Not as a cold blooded killer, but a man who didn't really know what he was doing, and ended someones life out of fear.
This was all just a terrible mistake turned tragic.
Why would you put any credence in a known liar? Sounds like Martin was racist and hung around people with very low intelligence which does correlate with criminal activity. This is a case of self defense. Martin intended to kill Zimmerman but didn't realize he had a gun. When he realized he was carrying he tried to take it from Zimmerman and failed. The girlfriend is a liar and obviously beligerent. She has a disrespect for society and she has demonstrated that well at the trial. If she thought Zimmerman was a threat, wouldn't you think she would have called police when she lost contact? So she goes about her business and hears rumors in school the next day. Seriously? Are people so stupid to fall for her bs? She was obviously prepped but you can't lie your way out of that one. The defense is doing a shtty job.

Location hidden

#63176 Jun 29, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
That could be. Zimmerman has shown he doesn't have a good memory.
HAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH!

Yes, he forgot he had $150,000 in the bank when the court asked if he had any money.
Really cool testimony

United States

#63177 Jun 29, 2013
Seems like Zimmerman did right

Truth is real.
You gotta be puttin me on

New York, NY

#63179 Jun 29, 2013
swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>Even Zimmermen claims that Martin asked if he had a problem. He claims that Martin then suddenly punched him, knocking him to the ground and started slaming his head against the sidewalk. All the nieghbors who heard the fight say there was a loud exchange of words first. George seems to be leaving a lot out of his story.
A loud exchange of words first? Not during the struggle? How would the witnesses know there was "a loud exchange of words" before the fight began?

It was pitch dark!...The witnesses couldn't even distinguish if there were two people on the ground, how did they know when the exchange of words started. Those who were very close testified they couldn't make out any faces and one witness even thought it might have been a dog attack.

Have you ever been in a knockdown dragout street fight?... on a dark rainy moonless night?...Have you?...Have you ever witnessed a fight under these conditions?...Huh?

Your naievity shines like the sun.

Do expect anybody except a complete fool to believe any of your nonsense?

You haven't accomplished anything noteworthy during your lifetime, have you?
Cat74

United States

#63180 Jun 29, 2013
So far my children are successful in everything they have done, school, college, jobs. They were brought up to respect this country with a father who fought for it. Poor Trayvon had nothing to be proud of.
incredulous

Carmel, IN

#63181 Jun 29, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
That might be difficult to prove. It's like Zimmerman's account of what happened. You either believe it or you don't.
I do agree that the key point in all this is why Martin waited in the dark for that period of time when he was less than a football field away from where he was staying. He ran and got out of Zimmerman's sight, and then stopped. Why?
They said he was probably scared. Okay, if he was so scared, why didn't he call police himself? After all, had he done that, the police would have explained to him exactly what was going on.
For the pro-Martin people trying to recreate this event to their liking, none of Martin's actions made any sense whatsoever.
Martin could have remained hidden the entire night, if he chose to. There is no way Zimmerman would have seen him behind bushes or patio dividers. Zimmerman would have walked passed him and he could have skipped home....and maybe smoked another joint with his 13 year old friend. Martin was not afraid whatsoever. On the other hand, maybe he was high on some kind of drugs. That could explain why he attacked Zimmerman and pounded him on the ground MMA style. Zimmerman called the police in order to avoid confrontation. The racist media wants to alter the facts in order to support their agenda. Any word on the kid that was waiting for Martin? Has he been coached well enough to lie? Fortunately for him, the defense is very lame. He will have little to worry about.

“always”

Since: May 12

Ticklaw

#63182 Jun 29, 2013
too funny wrote:
<quoted text>
What did you make of Rachel Jeantel when she peeked through the towel while she was wiping her dry eyes?...lol!
DeeDee Diamond took a lot of folks by surprise didn't she? Apparently she prefers that name the one her mother gave her. Maybe that's how they do it in Haiti where her mother came from.

Her first language is Creole ha, and then it goes downhill. Her and attorney West trying to have a worthwhile discussion is a classic case of attorney error in judgement that will be taught in law schools. At some point during day two DeeDee became endearing with the yes sir, yes sir, yes sir responses. It was clear she just wanted the fk outta that courtroom and away from all those honkies and crackers.

In the end, her testimony and cell phone records confirmed that George followed Martin for a fair amount of time, eventually coming up on him without ever attempting to make verbal contact.

The adult waited for the child to introduce himself.
boss

Minford, OH

#63183 Jun 29, 2013
Country has went to hell

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Violent Crime Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Authorities name 43-year-old man whose head, ha... 1 min awwwww 3
News NEWS 25 Follows Investigation into Police Shooting (Jul '07) 30 min European on values 2
News Trump on Chicago shooting: 'Just what I have be... 6 hr Ronald 6
News Milwaukee Riots After Police Shoot Black Suspec... Fri Go Blue Forever 163
News Walker knocks Clinton for her Milwaukee shootin... Fri Mite Be 325
News While Milwaukee Burns, Obama Plays Golf Fri Snidely70448 3
News Man sentenced to 17 years in 2013 homicide Aug 25 They cannot kill ... 2
More from around the web